Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8745603 times)

Deadringer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #51570 on: March 16, 2024, 12:44:18 AM »
The Safe Low weigh so much as well. Was surprised how heavy they are.

Also, on the Ave 2.0 front there is a non knit version coming

thehogsniper

• Rep: 46
« Reply #51571 on: March 16, 2024, 04:28:32 AM »
No I’ve never tried any vans yet. Maybe I should try one of those pairs you listed. I’m just a bit worried about the mid length rubbing against my inside ankle (bloody flat feet !)
The Vans skate line are very squishy. It's kind of a strange way to describe it, but the shoes are like all insole. It's comfortable for sure, but it's very different from other shoes on the market in terms of comfort.

Dmng

• Rep: 16
« Reply #51572 on: March 16, 2024, 05:40:22 AM »
The Vans skate line are very squishy. It's kind of a strange way to describe it, but the shoes are like all insole. It's comfortable for sure, but it's very different from other shoes on the market in terms of comfort.
Yeah I’m a bit worried about the sole being too soft, as it can be painful to me (on top of flat feet I’m very loose jointed). Wearing running shoes make my ankle painful for example.
I’m quite of intrigued by the ave2 as well to be honest ! I like the Koston Nike 3 esthetics, just didn’t like the super tight knitted sock

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51573 on: March 16, 2024, 05:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah I’m a bit worried about the sole being too soft, as it can be painful to me (on top of flat feet I’m very loose jointed). Wearing running shoes make my ankle painful for example.
I’m quite of intrigued by the ave2 as well to be honest ! I like the Koston Nike 3 esthetics, just didn’t like the super tight knitted sock
A friendly advise: stay away from Vans.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51574 on: March 16, 2024, 06:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Vans only makes good vulcs. Their cupsoles are pretty underwhelming. Haven't seen the AVE 2 in person but I assume they're probably not going to be a good match for you. Good orthopedics + thicker midsole is probably the way you want to go.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #51575 on: March 16, 2024, 06:26:41 AM »
Expand Quote
No I’ve never tried any vans yet. Maybe I should try one of those pairs you listed. I’m just a bit worried about the mid length rubbing against my inside ankle (bloody flat feet !)
[close]
Does that apply to the cupsoles like the Rowan 2 or Zahba? I’ve experienced what you described with the Lizzie, decon Crockett, and Gym-Q. The Rowley XLT has the thinnest insole I’ve seen in recent years, but it’s probably an outlier.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51576 on: March 16, 2024, 06:57:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Does that apply to the cupsoles like the Rowan 2 or Zahba? I’ve experienced what you described with the Lizzie, decon Crockett, and Gym-Q. The Rowley XLT has the thinnest insole I’ve seen in recent years, but it’s probably an outlier.
The Zahba and Rowan 2 don't have pop-cush insoles, so they are pretty much completely different

CronsX

• Rep: 4
« Reply #51577 on: March 16, 2024, 11:02:28 AM »
The Rowan 2 is a pretty fucking great shoe!
For me at least.
I have bad insertional achilles tendonitis and as soon as i slip into that shoe, its like im cured.
No pain at all whether in or after session.
In no way comparable to any other Vans.
The shoe is great, good flick, extremely stable, very good heel lock.

Not a big Vans fan usually, but will buy Rowan 2s from now on until my tendonitis is fully healed and maybe even after that.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #51578 on: March 20, 2024, 11:58:35 AM »
your "new vans crockett high new colorway" alert coming in today with a nice one that will rip fast but you know will look great accompanying your brown baggies!

https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/crockett-high-decon-canvas--shoe-pvn0007qvy6z

good come sausage

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #51579 on: March 20, 2024, 01:22:57 PM »
your "new vans crockett high new colorway" alert coming in today with a nice one that will rip fast but you know will look great accompanying your brown baggies!

https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/crockett-high-decon-canvas--shoe-pvn0007qvy6z

The little padding that this shoe had did wonders for it. Can’t get down with the decon, it’s uncomfortable and for the same price non the less.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51580 on: March 20, 2024, 02:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The little padding that this shoe had did wonders for it. Can’t get down with the decon, it’s uncomfortable and for the same price non the less.
It just feels like an authentic high

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -504
« Reply #51581 on: March 20, 2024, 02:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hopefully with Atiba involved now he’ll have the foresight to push for more Gilbert shoes. Are him and Rowan the only dudes with pro models left? Outside of Lizzie and and Ave but those feel more lifestyle than skate.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

thehogsniper

« Reply #51582 on: March 20, 2024, 04:27:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hopefully with Atiba involved now he’ll have the foresight to push for more Gilbert shoes. Are him and Rowan the only dudes with pro models left? Outside of Lizzie and and Ave but those feel more lifestyle than skate.
We already have too many crockett colorways, at this point they just need to put another model out. You could count Rowley as part of that if you count retros, which would be three.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #51583 on: March 20, 2024, 05:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
We already have too many crockett colorways, at this point they just need to put another model out. You could count Rowley as part of that if you count retros, which would be three.
Cab

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #51584 on: March 21, 2024, 06:40:08 AM »

We already have too many crockett colorways

Too many unskatable Crockett colourways. These blue ones look dope but nobody wants to skate in canvas shoes, not even people that get them for free.
Give us more suede, more white soles and keep paying Gilbert.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #51585 on: March 21, 2024, 08:08:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They are two overpriced, canvas shoes but they did not feel the same. The canvas on the Crocketts was lighter and floppier compared to the canvas on AA Authentic Highs. Crocketts have a bit more room in the toe area while Authentic Highs are more narrow.

Decon Crocketts are decent as chillers but definitely not worth MSRP. A pair of 440 Hi is $10 cheaper.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #51586 on: March 21, 2024, 08:45:58 AM »
Lakai redesigned the Newport, which was a good blazer clone. I guess its more of a blazer GT clone now, but I get like 2010s converse vibes as well.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #51587 on: March 21, 2024, 09:22:38 AM »
Lakai redesigned the Newport, which was a good blazer clone. I guess its more of a blazer GT clone now, but I get like 2010s converse vibes as well.

Takes me back to the Howard Select. First pair of shoes I remember jumping down something in and thinking “Wow, these shoes aren’t doing shit to protect my feet”.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51588 on: March 21, 2024, 09:53:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Takes me back to the Howard Select. First pair of shoes I remember jumping down something in and thinking “Wow, these shoes aren’t doing shit to protect my feet”.

God I hated that shoe. I hopped the fence to Gardner to skate when I first moved to Hollywood and was wearing those . Couldn’t really skate though the cause the impact of hopping the fence bruised my foot in those floppy pieces of shit.

I had a pair of Newport’s , skated them maybe once before that side panel seam ripped. It wasn’t even from skating,  the paneling stitching just was garbage and disconnected. Hopefully they fixed that .

thehogsniper

« Reply #51589 on: March 21, 2024, 10:29:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Cab
Always forget about him.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
They are two overpriced, canvas shoes but they did not feel the same. The canvas on the Crocketts was lighter and floppier compared to the canvas on AA Authentic Highs. Crocketts have a bit more room in the toe area while Authentic Highs are more narrow.

Decon Crocketts are decent as chillers but definitely not worth MSRP. A pair of 440 Hi is $10 cheaper.
I meant authentic high in the sense that on foot it feels close to an authentic shoe. Not necessarily like the actual authentic highs, because I haven't tried a canvas authentic high-top. Just the suede one. I have the crockett quasi as a chiller and it's already started losing traction with less than a month of wear, has gotten supper floppy. If I had pay full price, I would be beyond livid.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 160
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #51590 on: March 21, 2024, 01:27:06 PM »
On Gilbs story yesterday and rn he’s posting his shoe going thru some samples made with a boot sole, looks pretty cool

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #51591 on: March 21, 2024, 01:34:27 PM »
On Gilbs story yesterday and rn he’s posting his shoe going thru some samples made with a boot sole, looks pretty cool

On the topic of soles, I really wish vans would do at least one more show with that Gilbert waffle cup sole...

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #51592 on: March 21, 2024, 01:36:01 PM »

Bart Simpson colorway

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51593 on: March 21, 2024, 04:09:54 PM »
AVE posted about his new pro model on IG. Claims he was working closely with the designers for the past 2 years on it. I’m sure after the initial marketing push is over, he’ll never have a photo in it again, just like the first AVE Pro.

Cool photo though!

turdtastic

• Rep: 59
« Reply #51594 on: March 21, 2024, 04:25:07 PM »
AVE posted about his new pro model on IG. Claims he was working closely with the designers for the past 2 years on it. I’m sure after the initial marketing push is over, he’ll never have a photo in it again, just like the first AVE Pro.

Cool photo though!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gr9WWe5rM2U&si=MJpjm_q7l53l8clZ
Check his eyes around 1:26 when he says “this is exactly what I wanted”.
Maybe I’m projecting SLAP’s collective displeasure with this offering onto him, but he seemed to be trying to convince himself, as well as the viewer, with that line.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #51595 on: March 21, 2024, 05:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Cool photo though!

[close]
Maybe I’m projecting SLAP’s collective displeasure with this offering onto him, but he seemed to be trying to convince himself, as well as the viewer, with that line.

Def projecting.    He’s doing a sales job, but it doesn’t read insincere at all. 

thehogsniper

« Reply #51596 on: March 21, 2024, 05:16:32 PM »
looks like meth undertaker

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #51597 on: March 21, 2024, 05:18:44 PM »
looks like meth undertaker

Don’t know when you’ve seen undertaker last, but he’s been meth undertaker for a good decade (when he’s not blue lives matter shirt wearing idiot)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51598 on: March 21, 2024, 05:50:53 PM »
I'm in the minority but I fuck with it. But I will not be fucking with the price tag on that.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51599 on: March 21, 2024, 05:51:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Cool photo though!

[close]

The fact that their head shoe designer is named Neal Shoemaker oddly does not inspire confidence.