Author Topic: New TSM Mag Dec '10 Cover  (Read 3085 times)

able

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New TSM Mag Dec '10 Cover
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 11:46:33 PM »
just messing around. that trick takes some massive ballz
ableSkateMag.com

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »
^ my sarcasm detector is broken so i'm really hoping that you aren't being serious.

fakie flip is sick and all, but that spot's been raped by so many other tricks that this one doesn't stand out enough to blow my mind or anything. maybe i just expected more because wes kremer is still the best dude out though.
How many fakie flips over rails have you seen ever? I can't think of any, and he's doing it into a sketchy bank too boot, even if other tricks have been done into it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
fakie flip is sick. i personally think his nollie backside 180 the hard way on that spot in the AM video was sicker. props on the cover regardless!

pube tube

• Rep: 42
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
Anyone who doesn't see that this is obviously a fakie flip is fucking regular.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 12:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote
^ my sarcasm detector is broken so i'm really hoping that you aren't being serious.

fakie flip is sick and all, but that spot's been raped by so many other tricks that this one doesn't stand out enough to blow my mind or anything. maybe i just expected more because wes kremer is still the best dude out though.
[close]
How many fakie flips over rails have you seen ever? I can't think of any, and he's doing it into a sketchy bank too boot, even if other tricks have been done into it.
as far as into bank, dylan, danny cerezini, and the black skinny kid on zoo york did one. i get what you're saying though, fakie flip is amazing and probably harder than all of the previous tricks done at the spot all things considered, but i wasn't really stunned by it or anything because plenty of fucked tricks gone down at that spot, especially within like the past year or two. kellen james got a nollie bs bigspin into it and nollie bs 360. evan smith got a switch big heel. brandon turner with a switch tre flip into it. wes himself even got a nollie bs 180, switch 360, and switch hardflip.

gandzha

• Rep: -12
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 12:57:27 AM »
Wes is gnar.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:05 AM »
Gomez, switch hard is barely even a trick and does not compare to a fakie flip in a scenario such as this. Even though Wes did both, he would surely attest to that.

Gipper, Jerry's fakie flip over the rail in Bag Of Suck is fucking unreal. He also switch hards the same rail. But c'mon. Switch hard is a wing and a prayer, no matter what. Fakie flip is balls to the wall and nothing else.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »
how the fuck is switch hardflip barely a trick? maybe that's true when tommy sandoval does them, but wes did it legit as fuck. and i already said that fakie hardflip was probably the hardest trick done at the spot, but nice job at disregarding the other tricks i mentioned and choosing to address the trick of the ones i listed that was easiest to pick apart.
2:41

bakerhadadeathwish

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
wes is super gnarly if  u havent seen his dc part,he is also a really nice guy and that bank is super sketchy at the bottom.
living life on shuffle..

Luke Freccero

• Rep: -25
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
wes is a beast, cant hait on anythin he does, and you can tell that bank was definitely not easy to land in

clamy

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 02:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

gomez's expectations are always really too high...

i can't think of any over a rail into a bank but the one that stands out for me is jerry's fakie flip.

this cover is sick, though. that bank is rough as fuck!

styll

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
nollie flip in frontside by tyler surry is one of the sickest tricks in if not the sickest. Sw trey is fucked too tho. Sk8mafia crew runs that thing.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »
how the fuck is switch hardflip barely a trick? maybe that's true when tommy sandoval does them, but wes did it legit as fuck. and i already said that fakie hardflip was probably the hardest trick done at the spot, but nice job at disregarding the other tricks i mentioned and choosing to address the trick of the ones i listed that was easiest to pick apart.
2:41

Well, that one was well done, you're right. They are usually disgusting in general.

Wasn't trying to pick apart what you said, just sticking up for the gnarlitude of the fakie flip.

Also, this:
wes is a beast

Now, let's all agree that whoever does the layouts for these covers needs to get fired ASAP because he sucks at his job.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.