Author Topic: New DC Rider...  (Read 15000 times)

S.E.

Re: New DC Rider...
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
JT said this wasnt happening a while ago.

Jaime also didnt know Dan Murphy was leaving mystery until someone confirmed it on here, so dont rule that out.

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »
hes on dc.
FREE MAX B

Quilmes Cerveza

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
Heard they were trying to get more than just Cole from Fallen too. As many have said only time will tell.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
don't see what the beef with DC is, they make good shoes and clothes

you're kidding right? dc clothing is what happened when ed hardy had sex with pac sun.

Kickball

• Rep: -3
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »
i bought the DC boxer THAT was decent shoe ahead of it's time so to speak, ever since then their shoes have been shit. DC is and has been dead for about 7 years now, get the fuck out no one cares

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
asta is getting a shoe as we saw on that jamie day in the life..but around the time of the last Maloof Kalis was wearing as Free Asta shirt because they could not get him...

REALtoREEL

• Rep: 18
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
cole and asta both on.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »
just wanted to say, tom asta is out of hand

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
i clicked on this thread to say that I could care less about anyone riding for DC. when I read it was cole, thats just another thing i dont care about.  fucking lou ferregno, your pants are going to split from your thunder thighs.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 08:12:29 PM »

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »
i clicked on this thread to say that I could care less about anyone riding for DC. when I read it was cole, thats just another thing i dont care about.?  fucking lou ferregno, your pants are going to split from your thunder thighs.
i clicked on this thread to say that I could care less about anyone riding for DC. when I read it was cole, thats just another thing i dont care about.  fucking lou ferregno, your pants are going to split from your thunder thighs.

hahahahaha.fucking hulk.

umustbenew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
Cole is going to Etnies. Asta is staying at fallen. DC was trying to get both him and Ian (TM/best homey) on board so that Cole would follow.  Jamie bumped their pay and offered Tom everything, so they stayed.  When Cole originally was going to leave for DC (last november), the Chief threatened the good old lawsuit for breach of contract.  And btw, JAMIE KICKED MUPRHY OFF for moving back to North Carolina. It is beyond me how you people believe a word of what Jamie says on here.   

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 11:36:50 PM »
Cole is going to Etnies. Asta is staying at fallen. DC was trying to get both him and Ian (TM/best homey) on board so that Cole would follow.  Jamie bumped their pay and offered Tom everything, so they stayed.  When Cole originally was going to leave for DC (last november), the Chief threatened the good old lawsuit for breach of contract.  And btw, JAMIE KICKED MUPRHY OFF for moving back to North Carolina. It is beyond me how you people believe a word of what Jamie says on here.   

Sheckler and Cole on the same footwear team.  :P
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 03:04:28 AM »
Cole is going to Etnies. Asta is staying at fallen. DC was trying to get both him and Ian (TM/best homey) on board so that Cole would follow.?  Jamie bumped their pay and offered Tom everything, so they stayed.?  When Cole originally was going to leave for DC (last november), the Chief threatened the good old lawsuit for breach of contract.?  And btw, JAMIE KICKED MUPRHY OFF for moving back to North Carolina. It is beyond me how you people believe a word of what Jamie says on here.?  ? 
That's right people! You should rather listen to this dude who doesn't go by his real name and made a total of 1 post, but in fact knows everything.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Cole is going to Etnies. Asta is staying at fallen. DC was trying to get both him and Ian (TM/best homey) on board so that Cole would follow.?  Jamie bumped their pay and offered Tom everything, so they stayed.?  When Cole originally was going to leave for DC (last november), the Chief threatened the good old lawsuit for breach of contract.?  And btw, JAMIE KICKED MUPRHY OFF for moving back to North Carolina. It is beyond me how you people believe a word of what Jamie says on here.?  ? 
[close]
That's right people! You should rather listen to this dude who doesn't go by his real name and made a total of 1 post, but in fact knows everything.

ken block should know what he?s talking about.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 04:31:15 AM »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:28 AM »
i got the CCS catalog the other day and the funniest part is Ken Block is probably the biggest rider on DC now, i think he had 2 pro shoes and a pro colorway the only other DC pro s with hoes in there are Kalis and Dyrdek and they had one each.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Cole is going to Etnies. Asta is staying at fallen. DC was trying to get both him and Ian (TM/best homey) on board so that Cole would follow.?  Jamie bumped their pay and offered Tom everything, so they stayed.?  When Cole originally was going to leave for DC (last november), the Chief threatened the good old lawsuit for breach of contract.?  And btw, JAMIE KICKED MUPRHY OFF for moving back to North Carolina.It is beyond me how you people believe a word of what Jamie says on here.
[close]
I want details on this. Everybody I have heard who has had business interactions with him describes him as being more like this than the PR rep he is on here.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
this would suck, dc is lame. cole just fits on fallen

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
this would suck, dc is lame. cole just fits on fallen
Don't worry, a couple boxes from a new TM and he'll fit the image just fine. Remember what he looked like before he got on zero?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
i got the CCS catalog the other day and the funniest part is Ken Block is probably the biggest rider on DC now, i think he had 2 pro shoes and a pro colorway the only other DC pro s with hoes in there are Kalis and Dyrdek and they had one each.

DCs non-pro shoes look way better then the pro shoes. Dyrdek and Kalis always create shoes that seem a little outdated or look too typical DC looking. PJs expensive non vulc shoe did nothing in the market and I have no idea why Dompierre did that crazy hi-top which doesn't even seem to fit his style.

I think DC shoes just layoff with making so many damn shoes. Just have a like a core set and make some nice colorways for each.

And can someone tell me what the hell this is? Make your own luck?

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

kevbo999

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
dang, this page is crazy

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »

This guy knows what he's talking about^^^

I have not heard of this Etnies deal but don't really doubt it, I thought DC was a done deal with Cole though.

Dan Murphy even said that he was kicked off for moving back to the east coast. I'm down for JT, and understand where he comes from on a business stand point, but the story about Murphy leaving Mystery just is not true.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
I thought Durphy quit Mystery and was getting boards from Foundation without Chief knowing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jamie found out about Dan quitting on this very message board. Someone made a post about Dan on Foundation. Jamie posted and said "that's not true". An hour or two later Jamie went and pulled his own comments.

On some industry shit, I can't really see how Cole would benefit DC for the amount of money (I'm guessing) that they'd have to pay for him. I think both are better off not crossing the streams.

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
If Cole goes to DC, I'm sure he will join the Plan B team.  Chris Cole is most likely going to another shoe company ie Vans, DC, Etnies; he has an agent and all they care about is money.   Black Box isn't doing that great financially.  Word on the street, Zumiez loaned them money, in return Zumiez owns a minority stake in Black Box. 

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DCs non-pro shoes look way better then the pro shoes. Dyrdek and Kalis always create shoes that seem a little outdated or look too typical DC looking. PJs expensive non vulc shoe did nothing in the market and I have no idea why Dompierre did that crazy hi-top which doesn't even seem to fit his style.

I think DC shoes just layoff with making so many damn shoes. Just have a like a core set and make some nice colorways for each.

And can someone tell me what the hell this is? Make your own luck?

rob dyrdek is really hyped on Billy Zane's character from Titanic.

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 02:58:22 PM »
Murphy kicked off Mystery. Fact.
Foundation deal happened months later
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:19:59 PM by Alan »

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
Murphy kicked off Mstyery. Fact.
Foundation deal happened months later

Jaimie Thomas must of made a good lie on this message board when he didn't know Dan was on Foundation.  Not good for a company owner. 

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 03:38:16 PM »
"What a douche" my wife commenting on a car that was covered in DC stickers (all the same sticker and nothing else), she then said "didn't they use to be a skate company".
The only people I see in Sacramento wearing DC also wear Tap Out clothing, drink monster like it is going out of style and have not stepped on a skateboard since they sold their Bam heart o gram on craigslist years back.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
heard from a Fallen rep that Cole was only getting $60,000 a year from Fallen and his money came strictly from contests. DC, or any other company really, could snatch him up no problem. Fallen has fallen off anyways