Author Topic: Vallely of by the sword???  (Read 16947 times)

alienlurkshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vallely of by the sword???
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »
From what I know there is still a team rule book. I think one of the rules is you can't wear re issued shirts in new ads. Im not sure how thats going to work now that they are powell peralta and its all re issued stuff.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
I am still hoping he will call it a fucking day, I am so amazed that he has the balls to think his name will carry his own gay jock skate companies, and why companies will sign him (EVEN POWELL!) knowing his deck sales are crap. I think he does alot of "sword" swallowing to still have a job!

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »
Lest we forget...

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
This is a sick photo

Stacy Peralta filming Mike V, 1988, Edison, NJ. Photo by Craig Stecyk.

Expand Quote
Says Mike V, ?Powell Peralta and the Bones Brigade has always been my ideal. Since I left the team in 1989, I?ve been chasing after that ideal, or at least trying to make good on it. With Stacy Peralta back with George Powell, I could not refuse the opportunity to drop everything I was doing and join forces with two people I have great respect and admiration for, and for a cause I truly believe in. I feel I can finally now make peace with my skateboard career. And that as far as the business of skateboarding is concerned, that I now have a purpose to continue to be involved for a long time to come.?
[close]

Its funny, because I very clearly remember him talking a TON of shit about Powell after he quit the first couple times. Whining about some shit about running through a graveyard as if it was some terrible injustice. I never saw the big deal in Powell asking him to do that, but the fact that he quit them and talked shit, then quit world and threatened rocco and talked shit, just made him seem unprofessional and like a meathead, and really stuck in terms of my impression of the guy.
Now him talking about them like he never had any issue with them whatsoever, and its been cool the whole time makes him look like a complete bitch.
DIY or DIE? You made your choice Mike. stick with something for once you pussy dilettante. Its not DIY, so I guess its time to...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
Im sure that any person with any social skills and above average intelligence can realize the type of personality traits that Mike V carries are those of a lost, confused and insecure individual desperately trying to make his next choice based on what he deems acceptable at the time.
meanwhile, constantly questioning his true worth on a daily basis and diving further into insecurity.

also, remember when this asshole painted a confederate flag on his camaro? you're from jersey fool!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 11:14:41 AM »
Expand Quote
This is a sick photo

Stacy Peralta filming Mike V, 1988, Edison, NJ. Photo by Craig Stecyk.

Expand Quote
Says Mike V, ?Powell Peralta and the Bones Brigade has always been my ideal. Since I left the team in 1989, I?ve been chasing after that ideal, or at least trying to make good on it. With Stacy Peralta back with George Powell, I could not refuse the opportunity to drop everything I was doing and join forces with two people I have great respect and admiration for, and for a cause I truly believe in. I feel I can finally now make peace with my skateboard career. And that as far as the business of skateboarding is concerned, that I now have a purpose to continue to be involved for a long time to come.?
[close]

[close]
Its funny, because I very clearly remember him talking a TON of shit about Powell after he quit the first couple times. Whining about some shit about running through a graveyard as if it was some terrible injustice. I never saw the big deal in Powell asking him to do that, but the fact that he quit them and talked shit, then quit world and threatened rocco and talked shit, just made him seem unprofessional and like a meathead, and really stuck in terms of my impression of the guy.
Now him talking about them like he never had any issue with them whatsoever, and its been cool the whole time makes him look like a complete bitch.
DIY or DIE? You made your choice Mike. stick with something for once you pussy dilettante. Its not DIY, so I guess its time to...

Yeah, Mike V. makes some odd choices. I remember reading that KOTR article he wrote when Element was one of the participants and on one page, he talked about how much fun he had just skating a pool with everybody and ignoring the trick book for a night and how that's what skateboarding is about, never lose sight of that, even when you're in a contest designed to be fun, and shit. Then the next page, he said something to the effect of "Well, we lost. I wish some people on the trip would have taken this as seriously as I did." I don't get it.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »
I think he has some sort of undiagnosed mental illness, to constantly change the way he does, it is almost like he is a schizophrenic.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 01:09:49 PM »
Kristian, please start posting in here, already.

Hatechild

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 03:20:48 PM »
Im sure that any person with any social skills and above average intelligence can realize the type of personality traits that Mike V carries are those of a lost, confused and insecure individual desperately trying to make his next choice based on what he deems acceptable at the time.
meanwhile, constantly questioning his true worth on a daily basis and diving further into insecurity.

also, remember when this asshole painted a confederate flag on his camaro? you're from jersey fool!
haha

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »
I think he has some sort of undiagnosed mental illness, to constantly change the way he does, it is almost like he is a schizophrenic.

I would have guessed ADHD.  Still stoked on him though... minus the hockey shit.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_crisis_(psychology)
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_crisis_(psychology)

Sounds about right.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »

I think it's more of a case of a 40 year old pro skater with a wife, kids and mortgage but no skill or desire to work a normal job. Perhaps he's lost and confused, but his choices are probably based on keeping food on the table instead of some mental problem.

I've been around long enough to know that whenever someone tries to instill some lofty ideal or philosophy on an inanimate object (skateboards), it's just another marketing gimmick. I'm not saying that people shouldn't talk shit on him, but what career choices would you make if you were in his shoes?

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it's more of a case of a 40 year old pro skater with a wife, kids and mortgage but no skill or desire to work a normal job. Perhaps he's lost and confused, but his choices are probably based on keeping food on the table instead of some mental problem.

I've been around long enough to know that whenever someone tries to instill some lofty ideal or philosophy on an inanimate object (skateboards), it's just another marketing gimmick. I'm not saying that people shouldn't talk shit on him, but what career choices would you make if you were in his shoes?

How about keeping it fucking real?

Steve Olson hardly even skates and is endorsing products and getting paid enough to support himself and a family if he chose to. That's just one example off the top of my head.

You don't have to lecture these people about marketing tactics either, we all understand this fairly simple concept.
I,ve been around for long enough too big boy, integrity overpowers all when it comes to success. Mike v has none left.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:43:08 AM by Hold the Tomatoes »

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Looks like my prayers for a McGill comeback may soon be answered. Thank you Jesus.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
mike v was the hometown hero in 85. look at him now
FREE MAX B

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »
Gino of chocolate.

Thanks for posting that.  It just isn't a legit Slap "someone's off some company" thread unless someone drops the GOC bomb.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
"Stacy Peralta and I just did not get along and I never felt like I fit the mold of the Bones Brigade skater[...]"

"There have been a lot of times in the years where I've found myself cringing[...]"

"Steve Rocco came over to me and said, 'You'll never be as good as the Gonz.'"

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How about keeping it fucking real?

Steve Olson hardly even skates and is endorsing products and getting paid enough to support himself and a family if he chose to. That's just one example off the top of my head.

You don't have to lecture these people about marketing tactics either, we all understand this fairly simple concept.
I,ve been around for long enough too big boy, integrity overpowers all when it comes to success. Mike v has none left.
Ever heard or Duane Peters? One of the many reasons hes the fuckin greastest is because he keeps it real, sure he may not have certain insurances and  goes through some hard economical times, but who the fuck dosnt?? he still has enough money to support himself and his kids.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:11:44 PM by cheese »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 12:17:02 PM »
I don't mind this as long as it's his last kick at the can....it's a good way to go out.....up river....

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »

"Steve Rocco came over to me and said, 'You'll never be as good as the Gonz.'"
He takes that as shocking? It looks like a statement of fact to me. "Fuck Rocco for being truthful and not kissing my ass at all times"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
12.03.10 //Goodbye to By The Sword

SWWWWOOOOOSSSSHHHH !! Thats the sound of a toilet flushing
. Well after 6 months of working on "By the Sword" with Mike Vallely, it seems that it has come to an end. We recently recieved an email from Mikes partner with BTS telling us that he got an offer to go back to Powell Peralta and that he is taking it. We at Regulator never had a say in any of it. We just got an email and that was that. Of course we are bummed to not be working with Mike anymore but I think I am more bummed for the shops, distributors and skaters that got behind the message of BTS and supported it. In the end I am stoked for Mike. He is my friend and I only want what is best for my friends. In the meantime maybe Ill steal the "DIY Or Die" slogan?! I really liked that!
So there you go. If you still want to find some stupid skater owned bull shit, Regulatordist.com is still your place to go!
Now take that to your message boards ya queers!
Kristian Svitak
www.Regulatordist.com
1-800-Get Bent
[close]
Svitak is intensley the shit.
This makes me love Svitak more, and gain some respect for 1031. Even the distributors realized it was a shit company.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
12.03.10 //Goodbye to By The Sword

SWWWWOOOOOSSSSHHHH !! Thats the sound of a toilet flushing
. Well after 6 months of working on "By the Sword" with Mike Vallely, it seems that it has come to an end. We recently recieved an email from Mikes partner with BTS telling us that he got an offer to go back to Powell Peralta and that he is taking it. We at Regulator never had a say in any of it. We just got an email and that was that. Of course we are bummed to not be working with Mike anymore but I think I am more bummed for the shops, distributors and skaters that got behind the message of BTS and supported it. In the end I am stoked for Mike. He is my friend and I only want what is best for my friends. In the meantime maybe Ill steal the "DIY Or Die" slogan?! I really liked that!
So there you go. If you still want to find some stupid skater owned bull shit, Regulatordist.com is still your place to go!
Now take that to your message boards ya queers!
Kristian Svitak
www.Regulatordist.com
1-800-Get Bent
[close]
Svitak is intensley the shit.
[close]
This makes me love Svitak more, and gain some respect for 1031. Even the distributors realized it was a shit company.
"diy or die"
when mike v ended his business venture with the distributor, he had his "partner" send an email. Thats about as lame as you're girl dumping you on a text.  But we all know DIY means "do it yourself" and when it come to quitting a business deal, mike v couldnt do it himself.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »
I still think mike v is dope. his stuff at the berrics was probably the most interesting stuff to go down there.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »
his part in 1281 was ridiculously good.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2010, 03:43:58 AM »
The guy's an OG, nothing but respect. I hope he keeps skating.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Poele

• Rep: 9
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2010, 03:51:57 AM »
So in sword-terminology this would be harakiri?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »
So in sword-terminology this would be harakiri?

lol

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:15 PM »
I am still hoping he will call it a fucking day, I am so amazed that he has the balls to think his name will carry his own gay jock skate companies, and why companies will sign him (EVEN POWELL!) knowing his deck sales are crap. I think he does alot of "sword" swallowing to still have a job!
His board sales on Element were actually pretty good from what i heard, when he was first on he was just sorta the legends guy but he sold a ton of stuff so they put him on for real and then thats how he got his shoe deal. The guy has a pretty big following with old school skaters and everyone that watchs his show, i'm pretty sure its kids that got too old for Bam but regardless he does have a pretty big following.

ihitmyheadalot

• Rep: 1
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
I used to respect mike vallely a lot.  I was a fan forever and over the years I've defended him on more then one occasion with every ounce of commitment, enthusiasm and passion.  His part in public domain was a favorite.  I remember doing everything i could to learn anything he did back then.   I've watched his carreer for as long as I have been skating.   The pride I felt as a fan has given way to shame and embarassment and ,while I admit, he played an enormous part in skateboarding, The problem is that Mike Vallely will never be as legendary to skateboarding as he is to himself in his own mind. 

He has blown himself up to a point where his delusions of grandeur are nothing short of humiliating.   Every word that comes out of his mouth is a ticking timebomb of hyprocrisy waiting to contradict itself.  Theres a certain implied guarantee that anytime he says anything about anything or anyone that he's going to turn on it eventually and within minutes his saving grace will become an instant damnation.
He has turned his back on sponsors, gone against his word and sold out friends along the way.

It's the desperate attempt of a man holding on to something he lost years ago. 

Face it Mike, Regardless of what you think about yourself.. take a little advice: You will never be close to the kind of legend Cab, Mountain, Natas or Gonz are.