Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259849 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »
Karl how can i thank you for one of the best days of my life. i cant put it into words how much i appreciate it and all i can think is how amazing of a person you are thank you so very much im speech less. Your the man!! thank you for everything please dont ever change. we need ore people like you out here in this world!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! Thanks man. You guys were hella cool too ;D ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2011, 08:31:32 PM »
karl, will you hire me as your PR guy?
If you hit me up about 3 month ago the answer would have possibly been yes. But I've got a very good PR guy. Its a pretty unique skill, man. If you're interested in any of my friends let me know and I'll see if they're into having a PR. Thanks for asking though.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »
Karl, whats your opinion about the article about the kid skating that 9/11 memorial?
That spot looks fun to skate but I would NEVER skate it

fabonegro

« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »
hey karl, remember the time we skated wallows? i was trailing you then i busted douglas on the crete. man, what a day. i was the bob zmuda of the fakie manual front shuv out. fabo armee sgt. danny sargent says wuddup cuz.

*fabo armee is the fabo dist. chain of command. private security for hire.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:17:14 AM by fabonegro »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »
hey karl, remember the time we skated wallows? i was trailing you then i busted douglas on the crete. man, what a day. i was the bob zmuda of the fakie manual front shuv out. fabo armee sgt. danny sargent says wuddup cuz.

*fabo armee is the fabo dist. chain of command. private security for hire.
Wallows? In Hawaii?

BriDen

« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Nevermind him, Karl. He's an idiot.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
Nevermind him, Karl. He's an idiot.
Yeah, I didn't really understand that one. LOL
Thanks Briden

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
What's going on with organika? Seems like a good team and you have guys that are way over due to be turned pro. Expedition just got a nice bit of attention and seems like it's doing better. When are we gonna see a push with you guys?
[close]
Its a work in progress. Organika just has to meet the needs of skaters better. Any suggestions?

Turn walker and Zach pro, you put out there promo video years ago. They both have had other parts come out since and get mag coverage. You need them to promote Organika to the younger guys. Sorry to say, kids don't want a whim board, they just don't get it. Also, get another artist in there for a board series or two. Don't change it completely cause your on the right track.
I need a coffee

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: March 03, 2011, 11:13:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's going on with organika? Seems like a good team and you have guys that are way over due to be turned pro. Expedition just got a nice bit of attention and seems like it's doing better. When are we gonna see a push with you guys?
[close]
Its a work in progress. Organika just has to meet the needs of skaters better. Any suggestions?
[close]

Turn walker and Zach pro, you put out there promo video years ago. They both have had other parts come out since and get mag coverage. You need them to promote Organika to the younger guys. Sorry to say, kids don't want a whim board, they just don't get it. Also, get another artist in there for a board series or two. Don't change it completely cause your on the right track.
Thanks for your input :D

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Walker is already turning pro, i dont know when. But Karl mentioned it in his facetime. But the next dude who should be pro is Rodrigo Peterson, dude just kills it.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »

whats up?
What up ;D  HAHA saw Lenny Kirk at FTC yesterday. He's a changed man, I can feel it

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i agree with this 100% (and you need to turn Rodrigo Peterson pro as well. deserves it big time.) your pros are pretty much vets/legends, so that might not appeal to the kids too much. also, mix up the art direction a bit and maybe put out a lil promo like Expedition did with Madness. your ams are all pretty great (of course, i feel like a few of them should be pro by now.)

other than that, the company's cool. aesthetically, i like the vibe too. just get yourselves out there a lil more. DGK and Expedition have been expanding as of late (team and popularity wise,) so i wanna see the same for Organika.

saw Lenny Kirk at FTC yesterday. He's a changed man, I can feel it

great news. do you think he's interested in trying to start skating again? what about a PALS questions or where are they now type deal for SLAP? that would be so awesome.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

i agree with this 100% (and you need to turn Rodrigo Peterson pro as well. deserves it big time.) your pros are pretty much vets/legends, so that might not appeal to the kids too much. also, mix up the art direction a bit and maybe put out a lil promo like Expedition did with Madness. your ams are all pretty great (of course, i feel like a few of them should be pro by now.)

other than that, the company's cool. aesthetically, i like the vibe too. just get yourselves out there a lil more. DGK and Expedition have been expanding as of late (team and popularity wise,) so i wanna see the same for Organika.

Expand Quote
saw Lenny Kirk at FTC yesterday. He's a changed man, I can feel it
[close]

great news. do you think he's interested in trying to start skating again? what about a PALS questions or where are they now type deal for SLAP? that would be so awesome.
Yes, he is 100% down to skate again. I've heard rumors about a possible guest board coming out too ;)

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Im pretty good friends with Nikhil Thayer up in Portland.  Did you know him well while he lived in SF?  If so, got any good stories?

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
Karl are you coming to my show on the 13th?  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
Im pretty good friends with Nikhil Thayer up in Portland.  Did you know him well while he lived in SF?  If so, got any good stories?
Nikhil Thayer is the man! He was SF's version of "the perfect man". Meaning he's kinda like Kenny Anderson - just an all around good dude. One thing I can say about Nikhil is that he did two tricks i'll never forget; switch crook to switch back tail and noseblunt slide to switch back tail. I forgot what video those tricks are in, but they were both on the same ledge. Tell him I say hi  ;D
Talk to you later, my skateboarding brethren.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2011, 01:19:05 AM »
Sure, but who is this? And, where is the show?  8) ;D :D

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
What the fuck is wrong with you? Get outta here, that type of shit makes pros not want to post.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
Hey Karl come to my birthday party?  ;) No... but seriously.. come.

Shmeatus

• Rep: 3
  • Knock ya face off the side of ya face
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »
KARL! I see you at richmond park occasionally, although not lately because im usually there at like 8 in the morning. You're always the nicest dude and just bring a great vibe with you. Do you golf? If so we should golf some time  ;D
have money have heart

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
Karl, I don't know if would have the greatest advice on this, but if I drove up to SF for the Real video premier, is there anyway an average skater and his french friend could get in? or is it all going to be pros?

And if you don't want to answer since it's not your company, would I see you around skating the day before if it's not raining?
Well, if it was only for 'pros' that would be one boring premier. Im pretty sure you'll be able to get in though. Just come to SF and wing it. You'll have a good time regardless  ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
Hey Karl come to my birthday party?  ;) No... but seriously.. come.
Ok  ;D

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
Hey Karl, post your set-up brah!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
KARL! I see you at richmond park occasionally, although not lately because im usually there at like 8 in the morning. You're always the nicest dude and just bring a great vibe with you. Do you golf? If so we should golf some time  ;D
Thats whats up, man. Maybe we'll see each other on one of those 8am sessions. Im not much of a golfer, but im open to trying new things. I know Jack C is a pretty good golfer.
Send me a private message, Im down to try it out ;D

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
What up COTB. My set-ups are always pretty busted. But I'll post it this weekend  ;D

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What up COTB. My set-ups are always pretty busted. But I'll post it this weekend  ;D

Organika deck, venture trucks, satori wheels, and lakai pico  ;)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sure, but who is this? And, where is the show?  8) ;D :D

I actually invited you on facebook. Its the guntown EP release. Its at the submission gallery at 2183 Mission by 3 up 3 down kinda. 5 bucks admission. All Bay Slapheads more than welcome!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184617961573119
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

Hexagon

« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
Found this watching random mini top 5's . Much respect on the honesty.

Man your positivity , skateboard creativity, and all around smile-ability makes you a straight up inspiration. you set a good precedent that more skateboarders should follow.

How do you deal with bad vibes or a stretch of bad luck?

Also whats up with an Organika slap callabo ? Hit Whiteley up.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:55:38 PM by Hexagon »

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »
how old is the best black skater (karl dubz)

ontheswarm

« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
heard you guys just put my homie jovahn bergeron on the flow program so siked for him pharmacy all day!