Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259824 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #960 on: December 17, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
Karl! Is 3rd and army as fun as it look? I'll be in that area in about a week from the Chicago area, and im looking forward to skating it!
Maybe we can meet up and skate when you get here.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #961 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:05 PM »
Any funny Gerwer stories you can share?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #962 on: December 17, 2011, 11:51:57 PM »
Any funny Gerwer stories you can share?
One day we were all skating around and he said "I feel like skating Wallenberg". We went there and he did a kickflip over the four block first try.

Just messin  ;) But he was the first to flip down that beast without grabbing. 

No funny Gerwer stories but im a huge fan of the dude.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2011, 12:26:12 AM »
3rd and army is fun... but it used to be 100 times better when the concrete still had that nice gloss coat on it. Same goes for the Pier. Karl.. remember how dope the flatground was at the Pier the first couple years??
It was all glossy and you could slam and slide... now its straight up sand paper. Fucking weather.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »
3rd and army is fun... but it used to be 100 times better when the concrete still had that nice gloss coat on it. Same goes for the Pier. Karl.. remember how dope the flatground was at the Pier the first couple years??
It was all glossy and you could slam and slide... now its straight up sand paper. Fucking weather.
Dude, you're right! Remember old school Union Square? Those were pure granite and they grinded so damn good.
Cant wait to skate with you again, homie!

DGKALIS

« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2011, 01:36:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude, you're right! Remember old school Union Square? Those were pure granite and they grinded so damn good.
Cant wait to skate with you again, homie!

Yup.. late night. Bump over green bench, granit ledge, ect. My favorite spot to skate there!!

Actually.. all the Bay Block ground used to have a nice shine to it. The metal ledge... all that. Fun times.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
Dear Karl,

If an Organika rider started smoking methamphetamine heavily and only gave you footage an photos of slappie 50-50s on curbs how long would it take for their pay to stopped or get fully kicked off?

All the best my friend

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: December 18, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Dear Karl,

If an Organika rider started smoking methamphetamine heavily and only gave you footage an photos of slappie 50-50s on curbs how long would it take for their pay to stopped or get fully kicked off?

All the best my friend
[close]
I dont think I would kick someone off because of heavy drug use. I would cut their pay and try to help them with their addiction. Real talk!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #968 on: December 18, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
What do you think about them redheads?

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #969 on: December 18, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »
Dearest Karl, any LOVE park stories to share? good, bad, funny. Preferably if any of them have Josh in them. I know Kalis has an abundance of stories. Much love from the east coast buddy

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #970 on: December 18, 2011, 02:53:58 PM »
which doobie u b?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

ericw

« Reply #971 on: December 18, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
Hey Karl, remember when we did this little interview? http://nephewmarcus.blogspot.com/2011/05/karl-watson-interview.html Still one of my favorites. New site name by the way!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: December 18, 2011, 05:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Karl,

All the best my friend
[close]
[close]
I dont think I would kick someone off because of heavy drug use. I would cut their pay and try to help them with their addiction. Real talk!
Just to elaborate on my previous answer. I would also share this video to the person in order to help them.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »
What do you think about them redheads?
The best!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: December 18, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »
Dearest Karl, any LOVE park stories to share? good, bad, funny. Preferably if any of them have Josh in them. I know Kalis has an abundance of stories. Much love from the east coast buddy
Gotta love the East Coast fam!

I have not LOVE park stories but I can tell you what it was like when he came to SF.

Not to kiss his ass or anything but Josh was the only dude to come to SF that was literally untouchable. Josh had the utmost respect from all in SF. He would show up to Pier 7 and do the most amazing tricks with vigor and style.

One thing that really stands out is not really skate related but it was still impressive. Well, there was this model chick who was affiliated with the EMB crew that was insanely gorgeous. Not one person out of our crew had enough "game" to ever get through to her but when Josh came he brought that east coast confidence with him.  She ended up falling in love with him but he never seemed to focus on anything else but his skateboarding so I think she just kind of faded away.

Thanks for the question, my man!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2011, 06:22:33 PM »
Hey Karl, remember when we did this little interview? http://nephewmarcus.blogspot.com/2011/05/karl-watson-interview.html Still one of my favorites. New site name by the way!
I sure do! I love the new site name, too  ;D

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #976 on: December 18, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »
Have you ever met (or slept with) Elissa Steamer?

Any stories?

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
You broke my heart Karl. On friday you rolled up to 3rd and Army right after i got there with a friend. I saw you debate skating, then threw me a peace sign(appreciated) and left. It would have been fun to skate with you again.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »
Hey Karl, I think you missed my previous question. I'll repost it though, I really wanna know the answer. :)

"Hey Karl,

just gotta ask you one thing. Did Organika help out Walker Ryan even a bit with paying for his UCSB or UCSD (i'm not sure, I forgot) schooling? I'm currently in a university myself, proud Bruin! It gets me sooo stoked that he's a UC graduate and he's a pro skater! The skateboarding world always surprises me. "

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
Hey Karl, why doesn't Organika put on Matt Rod? Stereo claims him but he gets one board a season and I never see them out anywhere. And everytime I see a video of him he's skating some beat ass blank with ftc and ace stickers on it.

DGKALIS

« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have not LOVE park stories but I can tell you what it was like when he came to SF.

Not to kiss his ass or anything but Josh was the only dude to come to SF that was literally untouchable. Josh had the utmost respect from all in SF. He would show up to Pier 7 and do the most amazing tricks with vigor and style.

One thing that really stands out is not really skate related but it was still impressive. Well, there was this model chick who was affiliated with the EMB crew that was insanely gorgeous. Not one person out of our crew had enough "game" to ever get through to her but when Josh came he brought that east coast confidence with him.  She ended up falling in love with him but he never seemed to focus on anything else but his skateboarding so I think she just kind of faded away.

Wow...
Big thanks homie!! Thats crazy.

Thing is.. when i came to SF i already knew how rugged it was. Kelch, Sanch, Carroll yelling at kids, You, Lee, Shelby, Rain, Jocco, Smurfs shady ass...lol, Big Guy, Twan, Geezy, Shamil, ect.
You guys rolled hella deep.. and i heard the stories... so my approach was to earn respect rather than try and be accepted.. if that makes any sense.
I remember dude at FTC reamed me out for trying to borrow a board until my Toy Machine box showed up. I was with Drake Jones so i thought i had some clout. Nope..... lol... dude said... "who the fuck are you... i don't give a shit about your Toy Machine box. You can't just get in the Black Book!!"
I was like... "damn.." Head all low and shit. haha.
But when i finally made it into the Black Book... i was hyped! It was like getting your first pro model board!

I miss those fucking days. People are so fast to accept shit today.

Thanks for the words Karl. Very cool.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
Karl, you asked Matt Rodriguez if he was down to ride for Organika, and he answered in the pals question thing that you guys should talk.. were you serious, and have you talked? That would be the sickest pick up ever. Matt Rodriguez is one of my favorites, I'd love a chance to see more of him!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Anthony

• Rep: -6
« Reply #982 on: December 19, 2011, 06:59:32 AM »
Hey Karl, are you familiar with the website goskate.com? Their a website that offers skateboarding lesson to kids and they have you listed as an included pro instructor. Are they just name dropping to seem legit or do you actually do business with them? If you don't know about them I would suggest talking to them to get your name off their site considering they have a pretty bad rep. If you do actually do business with them Ill have a follow up question. 

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #983 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Karl,

All the best my friend
[close]
[close]
[close]
Just to elaborate on my previous answer. I would also share this video to the person in order to help them.

Thanks for posting that Karl. I really enjoyed it, never really ever bought the genetic thing so it was enlightening. I have actually ordered his book too

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #984 on: December 20, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wow...
Big thanks homie!! Thats crazy.

Thing is.. when i came to SF i already knew how rugged it was. Kelch, Sanch, Carroll yelling at kids, You, Lee, Shelby, Rain, Jocco, Smurfs shady ass...lol, Big Guy, Twan, Geezy, Shamil, ect.
You guys rolled hella deep.. and i heard the stories... so my approach was to earn respect rather than try and be accepted.. if that makes any sense.
I remember dude at FTC reamed me out for trying to borrow a board until my Toy Machine box showed up. I was with Drake Jones so i thought i had some clout. Nope..... lol... dude said... "who the fuck are you... i don't give a shit about your Toy Machine box. You can't just get in the Black Book!!"
I was like... "damn.." Head all low and shit. haha.
But when i finally made it into the Black Book... i was hyped! It was like getting your first pro model board!

I miss those fucking days. People are so fast to accept shit today.

Thanks for the words Karl. Very cool.
Shiiiiit, seems like back then was the good ole days. I remember seeing Josh skate at LOVE once, definitely a highlight in my "skate life". So much style and poise and always nice to whoever tried to talk to him and Karl you definitely sound like you're the same way. I love dudes like you guys who bring the positive out of people. It would be dope to run in to either of you dudes someday in Philly. Keep it up fellas. Much love

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #985 on: December 20, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl! Is 3rd and army as fun as it look? I'll be in that area in about a week from the Chicago area, and im looking forward to skating it!
[close]
Maybe we can meet up and skate when you get here.

That would be really sick, Karl. Nothing i would enjoy more then skating a famous spot with one of the dudes who made it famous! haha
im gonna be in the area between Dec 25th and Jan 3rd. Just PM or something a time when you think you would have free day/time to have a sesh!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »

Any stories?

Elissa is a great person and when dressed up, she looks pretty hot.  But i've never made love to her but im down. Lets do this, Elissa!!!  LOL

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #987 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
dude karl fuck yes

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #988 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
You broke my heart Karl. On friday you rolled up to 3rd and Army right after i got there with a friend. I saw you debate skating, then threw me a peace sign(appreciated) and left. It would have been fun to skate with you again.
Dang!!! I remember you, man ;D I was meeting my buddy Kyle in that grey sedan. Next time my friend!

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #989 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Any stories?

[close]
Elissa is a great person and when dressed up, she looks pretty hot.  But i've never made love to her but im down. Lets do this, Elissa!!!  LOL