Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173510 times)

JamesNtheGntPch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »
Today I enjoyed getting a nosebleed out of nowhere, while skating the miniramp at FDR and then freaking out the ice cream truck driver by asking for napkins. He gave me a whole handful and peeled out of there looking a little shaken.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
cruise around town

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:43 AM »
using hand fulls of clumps of grass as wax. it ALMOST worked. thigh high tailslide off a stage on a shitty adobe ledge coming soon. I swear.
I'm beat in the mean time though. out of true fighting shape for sure.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:24:28 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #333 on: July 13, 2011, 01:19:52 AM »
relearned two tricks and got a bloody knee.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38:53 AM »
It was raining today, but i had the urge to roll real bad, so i decided to skate in-home. I live in an anti-squat building, so it's basically squatted, with the exception that you can't destroy/add to the building.

However, there was this old, broken garden-chair laying around in the old cantine. It was perfect to practice my ollies, which arent bad or whatever, but i'd like to pop them higher. Anytime i ollied over it, i would put it more upright, so i had to ollie higher. Though not completely consistent, i ollied over it completely upright, so that was about 3/4 of my leg lenght. Yay!

AlaskaChance

« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »
I did a semi ankle twist thing yesterday, which made skating regular quite painful today.  Initially it bummed me out, but skating switch it was fine.  It forced me to skate switch which I often put off, but i got alot better at it and had a grand old time. 

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Skating the park with some good people who were skating the bigger stuff that most people won't skate.

bandini

« Reply #337 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
All the bros are either hurt, flaking or getting out of skating right now, so spent the whole day driving around sacramento solo. Skated a ton of spots, found some new ones, got a little stationary cam footy... ran into some other skaters here and there... perfect 80 degree weather, perfect day all around. 7 hours of skating, and didn't even hit one park.

Hannity

« Reply #338 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:30 AM »
i enjoyed getting pitched by cracks in the sidewalk and gravel just a bit too big for my wheels to handle. right now i'm loving the awkward feeling of a bruised purple palm on my right hand. no jerkin it for a few days, else i got to use "the stranger" technique aka left hand

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #339 on: July 18, 2011, 01:54:40 AM »
Ended up getting completely turned around in Oakland on friday.  Skated 15 blocks thinking I was going in the right direction only to realize that I had to skate those 15 blocks plus more back the other way.  I felt like a dummy but still had a good time building up my street-endurance after 2 and a half months of not skating due to a back injury.  Found some fun spots in between it all and got to check out that huge ledge that Cairo and Duffel have tricks on...

Standing on top of this thing makes this wallride seem MUCH more scary...

wheee!

aojiru

« Reply #340 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »
Met up with a friend to go skating despite ankle and knees hurting.  Found a good curb and finally learned backside slappies.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
havnt skated in a couple weeks due to holidays and festivals, so i was feeling fresh for once (no tweaked ankles etc.) and actually felt good about slamming... quite a few times.

also i started trying a manual a couple of times to check my balance and failed, then on my third try i got it and turned it into a 7 trick line, prety pleased with that.

did some front boards (never done em before but always wanted to) cant say i learned em because theyre prety inconsistent but still working on em

just generally skating after a couple weeks break feels amazing

clamy

« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2011, 04:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Went to this spot with 2 tricks in mind... spent an hour & a half trying the first trick (fakie heel) off a ledge into this bank thing, landed on a few but never rode away. Finally, exhausted, dehydrated, sore, decided to give up, even though I hate giving up on a trick... just for the fuck of it, tried the 2nd trick (varial heel). Landed it in 3 tries. Immediately forgot I was tired & started trying other stuff. Landing something can definitely restore the energy level.: )
[close]

i know you said you didnt ride away, but that is sick! fakie heels have to be one of the most awkward tricks, for me anyways. i feel like i rarely see people do them.
[close]

my friend calls them "shit heels", always thought that was a good name.?  purely a game of skate trick at our park
[close]
Benny Fairfax has an awesome fakie heel, and not just on flatground.
[close]

I do them on flat all the time, but I just saw some video (totally blanking on which - maybe the new tw vid?) where someone did a fakie heel over a rail into a big bank. Got me thinking I could try taking the trick to a larger obstacle than flatground.: )

Turned out not to be so easy tho...
[close]

Yup. Wes Kremer in the new TWS video like a fucking G.

Jerry did an awesome one down MACBA in Subject to Change, he's usually a nollie heel kinda guy, too.

New board and shoes today, both I'm already used to because I skate them so damn much, everything felt broken in within an hour. Did a couple of nosegrind pop outs, no way can I call them consistant, still really fun and challenging. I have no idea what I'm doing I just charge at it and try tweak it over a little and hope for the best I come out and not clip the ledge.

jimi420

« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »
Started off by bombing a few hills to this fun little grass gap. I tried to nocomply it but it was a no go. Rolled around and checked out some other spots then found this nice bank on the way to a Sonic. The bank itself is perfect and so is the bottom but the top part is shitty so you have to judge your pushes just right. I did everything I could think of into it. Now I want to film some of it.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Had my sister drop me off at work today just so I could skate home. Found a nice little angled ledge on the way home that I have to take a mental note of and wax it up and skate sometime.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #345 on: July 27, 2011, 11:58:05 PM »
i cruised today

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #346 on: July 28, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
cruised down the road to get some milk, then decided to go check out this road/close which i'd walked through the other week.

ended up having such a fun 1 hour sesh, such sick mellow flowing slopes with really smooth pavement, with banks into the road perfect for long lines.

then to top it off there was a really cute kitty which lay and chilled with me when my sweat was getting the better of me.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
got an extra foot of pop on my reg pop-shuvs

bombing a hill with the losest my trucks have ever been (the bones hardcore bushings have started eating themselves)

on my way home i was skating on the pavement when someone dropped a shopping bag infront of me, quickly popped a bs 180 over it, felt like a boss

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »
How long have you been skating finknoos?

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2011, 01:01:46 PM »
skated up the street to subway, realized i forgot my wallet, do i skated the banks at the storage building place behind it. kickflips and faggot tricks were had.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
pretty much landed everything i tried, yeah, im that good.  ::) i did however learn a new trick, so that was cool.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Really fun couple hour session today. Had a Mike York sighting.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »

you must be in portland

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you must be in portland

Clever girl.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
It was on television but Raven Tershy in the X-Games park contest fucking owned it and I very much particularly enjoyed watching him take it.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: air jordan shoes
« Reply #355 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
At a comparable time Air Jordan Shoes also goes on to acquire receiving the Michael Jordan shoes' loose shoelace plastic material materials substance merchandise interlocking design, you recognize this design and design and design and design is pretty standard even although within of time, cheap Jordan shoes practically the basic of create superb and bad Air Jordan 7. Tiner enhanced the retro Jordan shoes' closely loose plastic material materials substance merchandise oxygen Jordan 15 design and design and design and design to create it a superb provide even pretty very much extra compact, you can swiftly fasten shoelaces, also it also achieved a pretty superb decorative effect. To this GHD Flat Iron, the imported consuming consuming consuming water swimming swimming swimming pool GHD Hair Straightener ft allow Pink GHD IV Styler to improve the earnings of even pretty very much much more than GHD Australia!

I enjoyed spam while skating today too.
@idealhandmades

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #356 on: July 29, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
did a few back tails today, always having to relearn things kinda sucks but still nice to land em.
I need a coffee

clamy

« Reply #357 on: July 30, 2011, 01:59:17 AM »
did a few back tails today, always having to relearn things kinda sucks but still nice to land em.

Today was exactly the same for me. Got a couple of back tails, re-learnt kickflip front noseslides both to fakie and reg, and got into some kickflip back tails. Would like to have those tricks consistant.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #358 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:03 AM »
Fucking pushing around sydney and bombing hills ,  skating redfern oval with the best dude ever , enjoying the sun and just chilling the fuck out !

jhonn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #359 on: July 30, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »
Finally being able to do an ollie and some small kickflips after twisting my ankle 3,5 weeks ago. Feels so GOOOOD.