Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173478 times)

GeorgeCostanza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #510 on: October 02, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »
Skated the park and filmed almost enough for a clip, excited to go back and get some more footy tomorrow. It's weird but I love planning out what tricks to film and everything went my way today; even did some shit I've never done. Plus, finally am happy with my front five-o's on tranny, have em on top of the coping and everything.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

finkleiseinhorn

• Rep: -2
« Reply #511 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
no comply's, mini ramps, ditch spots, DIY spots and good sessions with the homies.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #512 on: October 02, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »
LEAVING A TRAFFIC JAM BEHIND

MFLUDER

« Reply #513 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »
Skating better than I had expected. I have been off my board for a while as I have had alot of ankle problems and cant really afford to miss a month of work if I re broke it. Skated the basketball court behind my house before tough guy dad made me feel pretty unwelcome. Could still do smooth ollie's an then started fucking around with flip tricks and ended up landing some stuff. Felt pretty good after a month off board and I suck anyway.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #514 on: October 03, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »
my board hit the door of a parked car and left a 7cm scratch. we decided to leave the spot immediatly. it was not on purpose i even tried to catch the deck but i slipped out. didn't left a note or anything because i simply cannot afford paying for that. still i feel bad and sorry about it. bad karma points i guess.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
my board hit the door of a parked car and left a 7cm scratch. we decided to leave the spot immediatly. it was not on purpose i even tried to catch the deck but i slipped out. didn't left a note or anything because i simply cannot afford paying for that. still i feel bad and sorry about it. bad karma points i guess.

nah you'd only catch bad karma if you marked the car with intent, even karma knows shit happens.

I set up a new board, and i always write a poem, and inspirational quote, or just a doodle on my top ply before i apply the grip. and the ground is now dry enough to skate. The aspect i most enjoyed today was waiting for the sun

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »
getting up early to skate before the rain comes in, bombing a hill, skating a new rugged-ass spot and finally having a nice flat session in a little passage while it was raining where i landed my first two sw fs bigspins. sick day all around, although i wish we could have made it to some other spots while it was still dry.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »
Learned kickflip front noseslides and almost back lips on ledges. Really stoked on the back lips because I've always thought that was one of the coolest looking tricks on ledges. Landed on a few but no rollaways.

Mat

• Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
i met my current room mate through skating and we moved in together two years later in 2010. for the last two years he has been heavily involved in a gnarly relationship with alot of problems and they recently separated so he's been very low for a while, and i mean low, down and out. he hasn't skated for a year and i ask him regularly to go skate and he isn't interested.  he explained to me that this relationship has been bringing him down for about a year and he "wants to want to go skate" but he just can't do it. last night we went to the bar, and his girl was there with some dude she's been hanging with for about a month. obviously he got bummed right away, she came to talk to us and they ended up getting into some emotional stuff about where eachother are. when the bar closed he and i left and i told him i want him to talk to me about that stuff cuz its obvious that it's bringing him down and as one of his best friends i want to know about that part of his life and help him. we had good talk in the car and at home and i keep telling him he needs to go out and skate and have some time to do something that allows him to not think about anything. I said we should go skate around the neighborhood right now, 3:30 am, and he just said "let's go". we skated down the street, he was pushing super fast, powersliding, ollieing up curbs and then we rolled up to the local gas station and sessioned the parking lot for a while. he was doing slappies and manuals, then we did back to back boardslides on the metal rails at the gas pumps. He had a smile back on his face that he hasn't had in a long time and i could tell that spark came right back and i got to skate with my best friend again. It was easily one of the best, and most rewarding sessions i've ever had. when we got home he smacked his nose on the curb and gave me the gnarliest high five, he was so purely psyched on skating and it made me so happy to see it. that is what skating is about, i got really hyped just being out with my friend again. i watched him push down the street with a huge smile on his face and though to myself, there is nothing like skateboarding. i love this shit

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #519 on: October 03, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
fuck yeah man, i can totally feel what's going on in your friends head. i'm in a similar situation right now and i feel like skateboarding is the only thing that makes me happy at the moment, i would have made some dumb stuff otherwise.

you're a great friend for caring so much about your roommate and his troubles. he is lucky to have a supportive person like you in his life! i hope you two have many great sessions to come.

Mat

« Reply #520 on: October 03, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »
fuck yeah man, i can totally feel what's going on in your friends head. i'm in a similar situation right now and i feel like skateboarding is the only thing that makes me happy at the moment, i would have made some dumb stuff otherwise.

you're a great friend for caring so much about your roommate and his troubles. he is lucky to have a supportive person like you in his life! i hope you two have many great sessions to come.

thanks man, i do too. he works from home so he gets stuck at home all day just dwelling on it. his mood changed the instant he stood on his board, you could see he had a breakthrough

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #521 on: October 06, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thanks man, i do too. he works from home so he gets stuck at home all day just dwelling on it. his mood changed the instant he stood on his board, you could see he had a breakthrough

This possibly one of the best things I've heard in ages, so glad for you and your firend.  I was watching the final flare documentry this morning and mariano was saying how after his addicitons and all his problems getting back on his board stopped him dwelling on it all and that it was the best thing he could have done.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #522 on: October 07, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
Uphill manuals

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: October 08, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
being on a trick learning spree or something, shit comes naturally at the moment. also, doing tricks up things is a lot of fun right now.

Pearl

« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
Today I dragged a parking block from the skatepark parking lot into the skatepark.
Waxed it up and had such a fun sesh.
Crazy nostalgia.

Reminded me of this:

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #525 on: October 10, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
A crappy area of pavement that I have to prepare for everyday skating home from work got repaved.  So smooth.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #526 on: October 10, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »
I had an stare down with a random hawk that was perched at the fence of my skatepark, gnarly shit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #527 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
Backside slappy.....the paint was good...not the soft and sticky stuff....

Mark

• Rep: -1
« Reply #528 on: October 11, 2012, 02:39:59 AM »
Spending 45 minutes - 1 hour trying a manual trick, it was teasing me, kept going and going. Finally landed it, those few seconds of pure bliss after landing it. That's what I love about skateboarding.

Mat

« Reply #529 on: October 11, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Today I dragged a parking block from the skatepark parking lot into the skatepark.
Waxed it up and had such a fun sesh.
Crazy nostalgia.

Reminded me of this:

[close]

Fuck yeah, I remember this ad! It was in one of the very first mags I bought.

i liked that ad series a lot. i remember the mikey taylor one, the pj one, and the koston one, they were still on fire back then

dankradschwag

« Reply #530 on: October 12, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »
skated yesterday, i've been pretty injured for a few months, but i got to go to austin with some homies for the first time in a while and i had a really good time. i guess that's what its all about, having fun with your friends.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #531 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
I keep turning everything into lines lately, and I like it.

FFL

• Rep: 0
« Reply #532 on: October 12, 2012, 03:32:32 PM »
It`s already twoo weeks ago, but fuck it!
My mate visited me for the weekend and we went for a little sesh to the local park. Another mate from back in the days joined us by coincidence. Skating was tata, anyway we grabbed a few beers from the next petrol station and had a natter.
After an hour another mate showed up and convinced us to get our old arses from the board and rolling again. He wanted to film. Fucking hell, that was the 1st time since 1999 we`ve benn filming.
Long story short, we got a couple tricks (impossible, 360 flip, nollie flip, etc) on the steep bank within ten minutes. We were stoked as fuck.
Packed our gear and headed to the city to film at the marble plaza. Tried to film a line and landed high speed primo to body touchdown. What a slam, haven`t had such a good one in years.
My wife picked us up from the plaza and we all hit our local bar and got hammered .

That was a rad day in our skatelife. Eventhough the pain the next day is a lot more intense when your almost 40, but it was 100% worth it. That`s why we lav it.

bandini

« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »
Been dying to skate the Con Ed banks, so trucked out to Queens despite the fact that I haven't quite kicked this flu I've had for the last week or so. Discovered - no surprise here - that the spot is hard as fuck to skate. Took a bit of battling but managed to get a kickflip on one of the banks, which pretty much made this old fart's day.

Then met the wife in Soho & lowered many a Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Life is good...

paulhartman4prez

• Rep: 22
« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
Smoked a doob, listened to Stevie Wonder, and carved the quarter pipes at the park with my toes on the nose. Killer sesh.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #535 on: October 18, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
Went to the park.  International skate and scooter and BMX day.  Fuck.  Found a new park on friends Iphone.  Bout half hour away.  Fuck it, lets go.  Get there.  Bout ten homies there.  One says this is actually crowded.  Wut?  Best park I ever skated.  Five hour sess.  So hyped.
I suck at SLAP.

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #536 on: October 18, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
I did about 1000 lines in my head waiting for the rain to stop. It never did...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #537 on: October 20, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »
Been depressed and dealing with shit, but DevilOnEnzyte's been on my ass to skate and yesterday after we both got off work we met up and had a great session even though we were both fuckin jelly legs and tired, we hit it for about two hours. We (from Hammond, Tangipahoa area) have a tradition of ending a good session with a casual game of skate. He beat me and even gave me grace but I was made of fail and was bested. hahaha.

Fucking landed a blizzard flip to fakie on a concrete bank yesterday... first one out of about a thousand that I've tried... it was ugly, but fuck! I think I'm more stoked on getting a new trick the older I get than I was when I was a kid... and I was stoked then, too. Fuckin' skateboarding, goddammit!

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #538 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:18 PM »
Decided to try to huck down a gap for the first time in years and even though I didn't land what I was trying it made me stoked to try some more shit somewhere else

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #539 on: October 25, 2012, 03:56:01 AM »
Teaching my friend who doesnt skate to drop in a quater, took some hard slams but with enough encouragement he finally pulled it off and then had it learnt for the rest of the day.

Felt kind of nostalgic