Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173726 times)

Morty Seinfeld

Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #870 on: March 16, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »
just pushing around in the street. I filmed a trick for the first time in a few years, although I landed it kinda weird. just felt good to go out on a nice warm day.

shark tits

« Reply #871 on: March 16, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »
that spot on the blackstone canal w/ the ledges in providence shits all over anything in my town. did a few tricks there w/out my board shooting into the drink, did flatground at the capitol and searched brown in a futile effort for that 6 stair hubba i skated once. is it still there? lotsa girls running amok, didn't realize today was st patrick's day. thanks to him for driving the snakes out of ireland and sidebar, i think it is a travesty of justice that this thread doesn't fill up every day. oh well, i enjoy skating just about every day.

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #872 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:24 AM »
Slappies through autumn (fall) leaves after work, made my day.

shark tits

« Reply #873 on: March 24, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
i landed a trick i call 'the louie barletta' where you ollie into 50-50, jump off onto the ground then jump back into 50-50 and ollie out. i don't know if sweet lou even does it but it seems like he would. our lightpole is perfect for any wacky 50-50s you can think of.
i also do some of the more technical maneuvers like johnny lee countee.

Shredsledder

« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »
8-11 AM session to beat the rain.

park was free of goobers

I was landing most of my maneuvers

now im gonna take a nap

after I eat a whole bunch of this dumpling crap.

shark tits

« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
got out to the basketball court ledge w/ 3 of my 30something pals. hopped a fence to skate a pool [actually some flatbars into the pool, fuck tranny!] and got rained in to a parking garage w/ a bump to gap. 2 more old heads for the garage. managed to get a few tricks on tv but almost equi-stoked to get footage of my friends. heal up bruh man!

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »
Just met two totally strangers and went street skating with them for a couple of hours. It was nice and made me do tricks I wouldn't have done with my usual group of people.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
My truck fell of cause it was so loose, only skated a for a couple hours but had all my tricks

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
while skating street today i fell on my hand and got a bleeding wound on my palm. kept skating a while, until i notice somebody tugging on my shirt. i turned around and it was a small girl,  5-6 years old. she grinned at me, gave me a plaster for my hand and vanished. made my day.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:18:13 PM by pica »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #879 on: March 30, 2014, 12:06:38 AM »
was planning on going to this dinky ( but really fun) little park an hour away from my city today for my last skate trip before ankle surgery next week. woke up and the clouds were pissing all over everything.  :-\  so the homies decided to pay for my gas to drive 2 hours to an indoor ramp with pool coping in the middle of bumfuck Egypt instead . i do like skating mini ramps and all, but since starting a company two years ago the main focus has been working on/ filming for videos to help promote. my ankle is really fucked up so i cant pop or anything but it was really fun to dork around on a mini ramp and just have fun doing 50 50s and rock n rolls with the homies  :'(

j_u_i_c_y

• Rep: -5
« Reply #880 on: March 30, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
skated a curb, was fun

on frontide slappies both trucks lock in as they should but on backside slappies my front truck fully locks whilst my back truck grinds on the opposite side it should (or i would rather it to), with most of the truck off the curb

is this common/expected or am i doing it all wrong

mini pebble

• Rep: -43
« Reply #881 on: March 30, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Someone brought a puppy to the skatepark. I decided I would go over and meet it.  So I pushed fakie, did a half-cab, got wheel bite and did a scorpion.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #882 on: March 30, 2014, 04:14:04 PM »
Took a long time to get a line that I was about to just stop trying. No less than 10 seconds after I landed it the Smiths song "I started something I couldn't finish" started playing on my headphones, it was ironic as a bitch.

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #883 on: March 30, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »
skated for the first time in about a month today in -15, just some shitty flat ground on a hommie's board as well.. first few tricks felt rusty but after awhile things were working out, felt amazing to skate.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #884 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:44 PM »
I set up a new board and wheels. The sound of loud bearings. Crusty ground. Falling. It was warm. Lately I've been really busy and haven't had much time for anything outside work and band practice. Finally I had some time to skate my favorite parking garage. Skateboarding slows things down and puts everything in perspective for me.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #885 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
skated a curb, was fun

on frontide slappies both trucks lock in as they should but on backside slappies my front truck fully locks whilst my back truck grinds on the opposite side it should (or i would rather it to), with most of the truck off the curb

is this common/expected or am i doing it all wrong
That happens to me on bs slappies sometimes. Try opening or turning your front shoulder a little more, that might help.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #886 on: April 03, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »
going to be on the local news at 6 am tomorrow, they went and filmed at  our park and i was drinking a tall boy while at it haha.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #887 on: April 03, 2014, 10:19:43 PM »
The streets are finaly cleared of snow so I skated for the first time with my dog (8 months old pitbull). Everything went fine for the first 500 metres, felt like I was in a movie getting towed by a dog, amazing feeling, until it decided to jump on me for who knows why. I instantly did a fs flip landed on my dog, he bark and cried, I called him an asshole then some dudes on a random balcony saw the whole thing and invited me for a beer, turned into a free 6 pack, they petted my dog and now I'm drunk.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #888 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »
going to be on the local news at 6 am tomorrow, they went and filmed at  our park and i was drinking a tall boy while at it haha.
Glad to hear you got the primetime slot

There were people other than meat at the park shoveling snow out today, should be good in a couple of weeks

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #889 on: April 03, 2014, 11:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Glad to hear you got the primetime slot

There were people other than meat at the park shoveling snow out today, should be good in a couple of weeks

t'es pas que qu?bec toi? J'?tudie ? Ulaval

Getty

• Rep: 49
« Reply #890 on: April 04, 2014, 01:07:43 PM »
Got sucked into trying to get this line on a busy street today & would not let it go, despite the fact that I was tired & rush hour traffic was starting. Been having a lot of "cruisy" sessions lately so felt good to get really trick-oriented & crazy for a minute, muttering to myself, yelling at cars, slamming & cursing, etc. Good times. 

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #891 on: April 04, 2014, 04:11:31 PM »
Feeling my feet catching nollie bs heelflips on a sketchy steep pyramid on the way up, and controlling the rotation on the way down.
Few weeks ago, I was mainly doing ollies and dorking around/using the spot as a speed bump.

I'm skating a lot lately and old forgotten moves are coming back. Feels good.

shark tits

« Reply #892 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
wallies and bullshit and wallies and bullshit and wallies and bullshit

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #893 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:15 PM »
I skated for a little today after hibernating all winter. Went inside and saw my picture on tv for the nightly news with brian williams at 6:30. Some story about flushing meadows in queens & the 50th anniversary of the worlds fair. RNS
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:28:54 PM by Aidan Clarke »
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #894 on: April 05, 2014, 06:44:39 AM »
I've been trying krook to fakie on the bank-to-ledge at the park all winter and finally made it a few times last night, let the good times roll!
MN -> IL

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #895 on: April 05, 2014, 07:00:16 AM »
I've been trying krook to fakie on the bank-to-ledge at the park all winter and finally made it a few times last night, let the good times roll!
Rad

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #896 on: April 05, 2014, 07:02:54 AM »
Hyped on the Holy Name wallie!

shark tits

« Reply #897 on: April 05, 2014, 07:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hyped on the Holy Name wallie!
thanks and thanks for filming. nek gets into those angry ruts and then nobody can get anything on tape. you skating too kept him from totally losing his shit i think. nice kickflips off the stairs on the zipzinger. i forgot how small those things are.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2217
  • computer says no
« Reply #898 on: April 05, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
Figured out an odd early grab trick on a quarter at my local park this morning. Tried it about 20 times at the end of a long session about two weeks ago but it wore me out, and coming in fresh today I think I may have put in 30 tries in total.

For the early grab curious, it's basically an early grab 360 to fakie with a back-foot-footplant. I kept trying to plant under the lip but it just wasn't working, then the very first time I manned up and put my foot on the lip it was like nothing. Pretty stoked on connecting two tricks that I'd never thought to combine.

One of my pals recorded it on his phone and thew it to me, so I put it on Instagram:

Also, we were supposed to be under a flash flood watch and have a severe thunder storm today, but it wound up being like 65 degrees, breezy, and a perfect overcast so we could skate everywhere without getting blinded by the sun. Didn't expect to skate today and wound up with perfect weather for it.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #899 on: April 05, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
I 360 flipped a board on independent 215s.