Author Topic: Busenitz headed for SOTY  (Read 11669 times)

manu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -100
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Busenitz headed for SOTY
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 05:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if he wins BATB IV he's got in the bag..  ::)
since that was one of the reasons Phelper said Cole won it for the second time.

It would be cool if some of his extra footy from the real video went into an Adidas promo like Leo had for RVCA at the beginning of last year.
[close]
I didn't know you could win Beauty And The Beast. Crazy.

Seriously, Phelps has never cared what a skater's done for another magazine or web site, it's all about what they've done for the mag. So if Dennis did win the Berrictology contest, it's probably not going to make shit's worth of difference if he doesn't get an interview or tour article or whatever for Thrasher.
[close]

Exactly what I was going to say.
[close]
Chris Cole won it two years ago because he won a few contests, which weren't for "the mag".

Chris Cole won because he back 360'd and Switch frontside flipped wallenberg at the thrasher comp.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 06:25:32 AM »
You people seem to forget Shecklers plan b part, I mean, backside flip El toro? PM me for link.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 09:54:35 AM »
Oh no!  Out of BATB = no SOTY for you.  Maybe next year.   ::) (this follows your logic?)
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
You people seem to forget Shecklers plan b part, I mean, backside flip El toro? PM me for link.
i don't think phelps was too happy of the footage of sheckler defecating on a thrasher shirt.  i mean, it was some great lifestyle footage though. 

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:27 PM »
he didnt win BATB... no SOTY for him now. bummed.

if Booze doesnt get it this year im gonna drinking a shit load of beer evryday and only skate twice a week. 

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »
No way he is getting SOTY this year, except if he is dropping another video part, having a 10+ page interview on Thrasher and killing a couple more contests. Dennis' year was 2009 when Cole got awarded SOTY for the second time. This year it is either Westgate or Grant or someone about who we haven't thought about yet.

nylin

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 12:57:19 AM »
Buzenitz should be SOTY because of his third and army line alone. The no push tailslide, noseblunt, backside flip fakie manual blew my mind.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
I'm probably the only person that wasn't all that stoked on his Real part. regardless, I think Grant Taylor's got SOTY this year.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if he wins BATB IV he's got in the bag..?  ::)
since that was one of the reasons Phelper said Cole won it for the second time.

It would be cool if some of his extra footy from the real video went into an Adidas promo like Leo had for RVCA at the beginning of last year.
[close]
I didn't know you could win Beauty And The Beast. Crazy.

Seriously, Phelps has never cared what a skater's done for another magazine or web site, it's all about what they've done for the mag. So if Dennis did win the Berrictology contest, it's probably not going to make shit's worth of difference if he doesn't get an interview or tour article or whatever for Thrasher.
[close]

Exactly what I was going to say.
[close]
Chris Cole won it two years ago because he won a few contests, which weren't for "the mag".
[close]

Chris Cole won because he back 360'd and Switch frontside flipped wallenberg at the thrasher comp.

Chris Cole won because he killed it and deserved it that year.  He didnt just win it because of one specific thing.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »
i would REALLY like to see dennis win it this year, but i feel like he needs to do some more stuff or put out some more footage.   all sorts of people are killing it this year and to say that no one else could possibly deserve SOTY in 2011 except for Dennis is completely fucking regular.   i know he is a slap favorite, and one of my favorites but lets be realistic.   i hope he destroys the maloof contest

Chris Cole won because he killed it and deserved it that year.  He didnt just win it because of one specific thing.

this is very true, anyone denying that is just being a bitch and a moaner.
where is home?

Morgan Burguess

• Rep: -5
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 04:04:05 AM »
1. we have May, still 7 Month of ripping - nobody knows what the future give us....
2. it?s the thrasher?s SOTY, so if you dont have an cover, interview and done well in some
    thrasher events... there is no way to win it. And i think this is right!

After all the footage on thrasher - an good part in an video, and some real streetskating poolriding rumors/ talk and contest success round it up.

Busenitz is our all fav. because of the way he skate.... but there are some other cat?s also ripping the shit out of everything....
3.time Cole,  Sheckler, Raven, Grant, Pfanner, Houston ect. ect. ect. we will see what 2011 comes
but i like to see more photos from Busenitz in the mag!!!

sirfinbar

• Rep: -3
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
dennis should team up with thrasher and do a video blog on their site, like "busenitz hillbomb of the week" or something, a 20 second clip once a week would be enough for me to visit the thrasher site much more frequently.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -52
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
for what reason at all his real prt = let down the guy just skates real fast busenitz = overrated

yeah . . . he 360 flipped over a couch

Will Bartlett

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
for what reason at all his real prt = let down the guy just skates real fast busenitz = overrated

[close]

Skates fast with a ton of tricks on anything put in front of him.
= NOT Overrated.

You sir = Knob

Right on.

DEMODANNY

• Rep: -14
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

= NOT Overrated.

You sir = Knob
[close]
man u guys r dumb his bag of tricks is smaller than the average 3 yr olds lunch box. he may skate fast but ton of tricks is a joke he wont get soty or even runner up mark my word busenitz is OVERRATED the guy got surprized by a fakie inward in a game of skate i think the exact quote was "who does that"

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
Did Dennis not sign your board at a demo? You brought up an almost 2 week old topic to post that...
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2011, 09:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

= NOT Overrated.

You sir = Knob
[close]
man u guys r dumb his bag of tricks is smaller than the average 3 yr olds lunch box. he may skate fast but ton of tricks is a joke he wont get soty or even runner up mark my word busenitz is OVERRATED the guy got surprized by a fakie inward in a game of skate i think the exact quote was "who does that"

[close]
You dipshit, his bag of tricks doesn't make a fucks-worth of difference. Neither Leo, BA, Senn, Salman, Arto, Appleyard or Reynolds have any bigger bags of tricks than Dennis does, and yet they all won. Maybe because they brought something awesome to skating that no one else did the year they won?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
Busenitz? Small bag of tricks? That is incorrect. 20 foot long tech ledge tricks and manuals, gap tricks, rips transition and even skates an occasional handrail despite self proclaiming that he isn't a rail guy. Busenitz can do anything, and does it all while going 20 miles per hour.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DEMODANNY

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
Busenitz? Small bag of tricks? That is incorrect. 20 foot long tech ledge tricks and manuals, gap tricks, rips transition and even skates an occasional handrail despite self proclaiming that he isn't a rail guy. Busenitz can do anything, and does it all while going 20 miles per hour.
its all the same tricks on different shit  i can do ledge tricks rails manny and skate a lil tranny  doesnt meen i have a big bag of tricks jus meens i can skate different obstacles a kf is still 1 trick even if u do it into a grind on a quarter or over a gap and who gives a fuck how fast someone skate doesnt make em a better skater hes a trend like yo flips n ankle pants evryone will forget him before the year ends and ull all be on someone elses nuts.

DEMODANNY

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »
Did Dennis not sign your board at a demo? You brought up an almost 2 week old topic to post that...
sorry i have a life n dont check slap evry day dog some things are jus more important

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its all the same tricks on different shit  i can do ledge tricks rails manny and skate a lil tranny  doesnt meen i have a big bag of tricks jus meens i can skate different obstacles a kf is still 1 trick even if u do it into a grind on a quarter or over a gap and who gives a fuck how fast someone skate doesnt make em a better skater hes a trend like yo flips n ankle pants evryone will forget him before the year ends and ull all be on someone elses nuts.

What about switch backtail (20 feet) switch flip out? switch backside nosegrind (also like 20 feet) frontside halfcab out? Frontside flp fakie manual? These are not basic tricks by any means.

DEMODANNY

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2011, 04:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
its all the same tricks on different shit?  i can do ledge tricks rails manny and skate a lil tranny?  doesnt meen i have a big bag of tricks jus meens i can skate different obstacles a kf is still 1 trick even if u do it into a grind on a quarter or over a gap and who gives a fuck how fast someone skate doesnt make em a better skater hes a trend like yo flips n ankle pants evryone will forget him before the year ends and ull all be on someone elses nuts.
[close]

What about switch backtail (20 feet) switch flip out? switch backside nosegrind (also like 20 feet) frontside halfcab out? Frontside flp fakie manual? These are not basic tricks by any means.
maybe switch bigflip out or halfcab flip out or even throw a trick in to the gring would not make it basic but for soty those are pretty basic tricks if u think about it tpud will put all those tricks in one lol and the fs flip fakie manny is very basic i watched my boy do it down a kinked manny pad last week it doesnt matter how long the grind or slide is still jus a basic trick just balanced it. 

Backside LameFlip

• Rep: -16
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2011, 04:35:57 AM »
its all the same tricks on different shit?  i can do ledge tricks rails manny and skate a lil tranny?  doesnt meen i have a big bag of tricks jus meens i can skate different obstacles a kf is still 1 trick even if u do it into a grind on a quarter or over a gap and who gives a fuck how fast someone skate doesnt make em a better skater hes a trend like yo flips n ankle pants evryone will forget him before the year ends and ull all be on someone elses nuts.

maybe switch bigflip out or halfcab flip out or even throw a trick in to the gring would not make it basic but for soty those are pretty basic tricks if u think about it tpud will put all those tricks in one lol and the fs flip fakie manny is very basic i watched my boy do it down a kinked manny pad last week it doesnt matter how long the grind or slide is still jus a basic trick just balanced it.

Those fools really havin this conversation ?
Haters hate only the things they can't have and the people they can't be.

dankradschwag

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »
prior to the real premier phelper was quoted as already having had chose grant taylor, so im gonna say grant taylor is headed for soty

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2011, 07:30:30 AM »
someone needs to tell Phelps that choosing Grant won't get him a night in bed with him.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
Don't talk to children like DEMODANNY. Their understanding of skateboarding comes from the Berrics and Tech Decks

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2011, 10:49:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
ccs just called and your darkstar armor light is out of stock. you're also an idiot
fuck you bama

DEMODANNY

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
its all the same tricks on different shit??  i can do ledge tricks rails manny and skate a lil tranny??  doesnt meen i have a big bag of tricks jus meens i can skate different obstacles a kf is still 1 trick even if u do it into a grind on a quarter or over a gap and who gives a fuck how fast someone skate doesnt make em a better skater hes a trend like yo flips n ankle pants evryone will forget him before the year ends and ull all be on someone elses nuts.
[close]

[close]
maybe switch bigflip out or halfcab flip out or even throw a trick in to the gring would not make it basic but for soty those are pretty basic tricks if u think about it tpud will put all those tricks in one lol and the fs flip fakie manny is very basic i watched my boy do it down a kinked manny pad last week it doesnt matter how long the grind or slide is still jus a basic trick just balanced it.? 
[close]
ccs just called and your darkstar armor light is out of stock. you're also an idiot
that was the lamest attempt at a burn ive seen here yet

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah man, everyone's gonna forget about him by the end of the year. That's why no one on the forums has ever talked about him before a few months ago.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
Don't talk to children like DEMODANNY. Their understanding of skateboarding comes from the Berrics and Tech Decks
Yeah, I figured it out after that last response. I'm done with the kid.

Hey Demo Danny, you know who should really be SOTY? Rodney Mullen. I mean like, he totally like invented everything and is the only person who can primo slide. T Pud can't even do that!