Author Topic: Rodrigo Petersen OFF Organika.... bad bad move  (Read 16197 times)

LOU.502

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
Re: Rodrigo Petersen OFF Organika.... bad bad move
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Either way the guy is still skating, so personally im happy with whatever. its not like he fell off the radar or anything its just a new graphic under his feet, which will hopefully have his name on it.

im probably lying

era

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »
To say that rodrigo is not out there like walker is just  plain ignorance and I don't blame you because you are probably fed American skaeboarding , he has at least three pro models on Nike brazil, is always traveling either with Nike, lrg, or on his own...you just not see it, skateboarding is worldwide not a property of USA....with that said I still think organika could have work something out like the deal that Jesus Fernandez or skatemafia has with Sarmiento (less models or same but focused on other countries) ,is not like the guy does not live here...very frustrating he is an og ripper and goes back to the neighborhood days, I'm sure blvd will offer him longevity on the board.....

I'd be stoked to see these.  On another note, totally agree with what has been said.  Walker Ryan has the skills to be a professional skateboarder.  Rodrigo just fit alot better to me.  I also believe the whole marketability thing is a cop out.  Little kids buy girl and plan b.  If I go into a shop and want an Organika board I'm buying whose ever board is an eight with a shape I'm into.  Obviously I don't have the sales and statistics but I think a company like Organika is selling more towards older guys with my mindset.  I would be interested to know, I could be wrong.

newincident

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
Yeah look at stacks hooking up Daniel lebron..they recognize the work he has put through the years..older guys will buy the board because of all the great skating he has put down non stop for over 15 years,..petersen is recognized worldwide because of his skating not because of YouTube..walker kills but he is young and has to still put a lot of hours...just the sales alone in brazil...man tHis still doesn't make sense...If anything the lack of creativity or effort is coming from the marketing team not the riders...they should figure out how to tap the brazillian market kayo has too many of em to not put 2 and2 together...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:12:22 AM by newincident »

Dumbs!

• Rep: 3
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2011, 05:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why does it have to be one or the other? Organika could have done something cool by putting a board out from Walker and Rodrigo, showing two sides of something dope.
It's always an argument here, either Walker or Rodrigo is worthy, the other one is boring.
What it should have been is Walker, Rodrigo, and even Zach all getting boards. I think they are all amazing, on video and live. They have all put out full parts.
What's sad is that both Organika and Blvd. have everything stacked against them in skateboarding today and neither will probably survive.
[close]
You answered your first question with your last sentence, you can't budge a budget...
[close]

if they start making walker boards then they'll live  ;)

The answer is Quim stepping down and Organika giving Walker and Rodrigo both boards, Walker alone will not save Organika. The funny thing is Rodrigo came to Organika because they promised him a board and Walker wants to stay am because he thinks he's not ready yet.

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »
Popwar, Listen, Boulevard,...

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2011, 08:13:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why does it have to be one or the other? Organika could have done something cool by putting a board out from Walker and Rodrigo, showing two sides of something dope.
It's always an argument here, either Walker or Rodrigo is worthy, the other one is boring.
What it should have been is Walker, Rodrigo, and even Zach all getting boards. I think they are all amazing, on video and live. They have all put out full parts.
What's sad is that both Organika and Blvd. have everything stacked against them in skateboarding today and neither will probably survive.
[close]
You answered your first question with your last sentence, you can't budge a budget...
[close]

if they start making walker boards then they'll live  ;)
[close]

The answer is Quim stepping down and Organika giving Walker and Rodrigo both boards, Walker alone will not save Organika. The funny thing is Rodrigo came to Organika because they promised him a board and Walker wants to stay am because he thinks he's not ready yet.

no that is not the answer.

plus, since when did organika need saving?

i will not believe that last sentence on your word alone.

bottom line is that a pro board comes with pro pay, if it was simply a matter of giving rodrigo a board with no pay raise, i'm sure he'd have one. but with the financials that come with it, there's a certain amount of focus and logic that you have to apply to the situation. they chose to focus on whats best due to, what i assume are, a variety of reasons known to them. the direction they've taken thus far as a company lead me to trust that decision. i agree that rodrigo deserves more than what he was getting at organika, but that's why the move makes sense for all parties involved. now if he comes back with some horror stories about his time there, that'll be another issue. but to start talking negative about karls/organika's motives without hearing the horse speak is just stoooooops. it's not like karl has a history like rocco where you'd expect shady shit. nahmeen? i'm sure everyone will be better off.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
kick off turds like chris roberts and justin eldridge and put this dude on chocolate. they fucked up with the other rodrigo and he ended up on dgk, dont do it again with this rodrigo.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
kick off turds like chris roberts and justin eldridge and put this dude on chocolate. they fucked up with the other rodrigo and he ended up on dgk, dont do it again with this rodrigo.

are you serious? justin eldridge is so good, chris roberts is crispy, if they were on nike sb you'd be tattooeing their faces on your chest

newincident

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
I don't think they thought people cared about him this much....glad to see people has his back.

newincident

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Wtf is crispy supposed to mean?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
First of all, Organika doesn't need "saving", we are doing fine but that doesn't mean we don't have to be smart about moves we make. Like someone said earlier, we are more organic with our marketing. We have to keep our overhead to a minimal amount and not take on a whole lot of risk, and judging by the amount of people calling for Walker's board over Rodrigo, its safer to take a risk with Walker. Does this make Rodrigo any less of a skateboarder? No. Organika makes moves to provide a better home for people, and even for Rodrigo this makes better sense long term because he will have a chance to get a board somewhere else. We just didn't have plans for it immediately, and he wanted it sooner then later, so we felt it was best to let him go find it somewhere else (and to be fair to him, we didnt want him to wait around for 3 years when hes 35 to get one.. we have more respect for him then that). I know people always want to look toward a negative here, but honestly I try to do whats best for my team and the people who support us. Nobody looks into things as deeply as you guys, not the people making the decisions, and not the people getting effected by them. I wish Rodrigo nothing but the best, I hope he finds a place that can put more focus on him and get him to his goal (and if he gets there, i hope all you people go and support him)

KW

Hexagon

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
First of all, Organika doesn't need "saving", we are doing fine but that doesn't mean we don't have to be smart about moves we make. Like someone said earlier, we are more organic with our marketing. We have to keep our overhead to a minimal amount and not take on a whole lot of risk, and judging by the amount of people calling for Walker's board over Rodrigo, its safer to take a risk with Walker. Does this make Rodrigo any less of a skateboarder? No. Organika makes moves to provide a better home for people, and even for Rodrigo this makes better sense long term because he will have a chance to get a board somewhere else. We just didn't have plans for it immediately, and he wanted it sooner then later, so we felt it was best to let him go find it somewhere else (and to be fair to him, we didnt want him to wait around for 3 years when hes 35 to get one.. we have more respect for him then that). I know people always want to look toward a negative here, but honestly I try to do whats best for my team and the people who support us. Nobody looks into things as deeply as you guys, not the people making the decisions, and not the people getting effected by them. I wish Rodrigo nothing but the best, I hope he finds a place that can put more focus on him and get him to his goal (and if he gets there, i hope all you people go and support him)

KW

Hey man, in a perfect world it would all fit, you know? But in terms of business... well lets say business is business. Don't let the hate about this ruffle you and the team you put it on for. Basically you did what you could for homeboy and sad to say it may not be enough for the aforementioned or the team. I mean if we could all skate to the level and get appreciated for it with pay it'd be a good scenario. Marketing is that in itself... marketing. Understand the move, sad to see a parting ways type aspect. But benifical to all parties concerned, dude rips and is going to end up doing so at least he has prospects in sponsorship. I don't think it was a fucking over type thing... simply an is what is kind of deal. bottom line no one comes out clean putting yourself at the helm of a skate institute/company. you remain to be positive even though the world is a cut throat monster. so kudos, and the best of luck to Rodrigo. You ain't bad folk and all those that back you and what you back prove it. I think its bold and rad of you to address the populace of skate folk here. it's all love people... skateeeeeee.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
This Rodrigo guy has been around since I started skating, yet I don't remember a single trick he's done.  I'm sure he has crazy pop and ledge skills and is the nicest dude to ever exist, but that doesn't mean Organika should mass produce a pro model for him.
This is a lot more telling about your taste in skateboarders. All you like is hammer dudes, when it comes to guys like Rodrigo, who aren't super flashy but are amazingly talented and skateboard the way it is supposed to look, you don't get it, like ever.

Karl, just out of curiousity, you say that you were trying to do Rodrigo right because you guys weren't going to do anything with him. This begs the huge question:
WHY THE FUCK WEREN'T YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH RODRIGO PETERSEN? Its not like one guy decides who is going pro and another guy decides who gets kicked off, I would assume both decisions are made by the same person/group of people. So why weren't you doing anything with him in the first place? That was the first mistake in this whole process. I also don't see how firing a guy because you didn't plan on promoting him is doing something nice for him in any way. Your argument comes down to, we were treating him like shit, so he should be glad we followed it up by firing him, because now he has the chance to get sponsored by a company that may be better to him. Doesn't add up to me.
Also, you say the focus is on Walker Ryan going pro, but he hasn't yet.
Petersen would be amazing on DGK, and it would also give DGK a monopoly on Rodrigos in skateboarding- Lima, Texeira, and Petersen, plus his style reminds me a lot of DGKalis.
I got love for you Karl, but this whole series of events is lame.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

newincident

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Let's close this thread . Its not like he is going to be back on the team, in my eyes organikas loss

1dxxxx

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2011, 01:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote
This Rodrigo guy has been around since I started skating, yet I don't remember a single trick he's done.  I'm sure he has crazy pop and ledge skills and is the nicest dude to ever exist, but that doesn't mean Organika should mass produce a pro model for him.
[close]
This is a lot more telling about your taste in skateboarders. All you like is hammer dudes, when it comes to guys like Rodrigo, who aren't super flashy but are amazingly talented and skateboard the way it is supposed to look, you don't get it, like ever.

Karl, just out of curiousity, you say that you were trying to do Rodrigo right because you guys weren't going to do anything with him. This begs the huge question:
WHY THE FUCK WEREN'T YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING WITH RODRIGO PETERSEN? Its not like one guy decides who is going pro and another guy decides who gets kicked off, I would assume both decisions are made by the same person/group of people. So why weren't you doing anything with him in the first place? That was the first mistake in this whole process. I also don't see how firing a guy because you didn't plan on promoting him is doing something nice for him in any way. Your argument comes down to, we were treating him like shit, so he should be glad we followed it up by firing him, because now he has the chance to get sponsored by a company that may be better to him. Doesn't add up to me.
Petersen would be amazing on DGK, and it would also give DGK a monopoly on Rodrigos in skateboarding- Lima, Texeira, and Petersen, plus his style reminds me a lot of DGKalis.

For a person who was adamant about Reaganomics, you sure care a lot about the little guy.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ronald Regan, what should have been done differently? Ideally, yes, we should have done more with him, but all of that comes with a cost. A lot of the momentum people pick up is from their own hard work. Rodrigo puts it down hard, and has for years, but if the demand doesn't warrant supply, it gets hard to make those numbers work. Could we have put him out there more? Of course! But in reality, when you break down travel visas, ad costs, overhead of team, and a million other expenses I'm sure you don't think of because you're not in this position, your frame of reference comes down to "well its easy, do more for him". Organika isn't Nike, and we don't have a 2 billion dollar marketing budget to work with, so it's not always so black and white as "do more for him". We do the best with what we have, and are trying to get better at it everyday. Lastly, we don't treat anyone "like shit", I still talk to Rodrigo all the time and want nothing but the best for him, even if its not with us.

johnnymousedoom

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This Rodrigo guy has been around since I started skating, yet I don't remember a single trick he's done.� I'm sure he has crazy pop and ledge skills and is the nicest dude to ever exist, but that doesn't mean Organika should mass produce a pro model for him.
[close]

[close]

For a person who was adamant about Reaganomics, you sure care a lot about the little guy.
LOL

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This Rodrigo guy has been around since I started skating, yet I don't remember a single trick he's done.� I'm sure he has crazy pop and ledge skills and is the nicest dude to ever exist, but that doesn't mean Organika should mass produce a pro model for him.
[close]

[close]

[close]
LOL
LOL squared!

nigga_please

• Rep: -31
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
I don't think they thought people cared about him this much....glad to see people has his back.

Well Karl, I see more people here supporting Rodrigo than Walker right now.... I guess you weren't expecting so much love for Petersen... Regreted? Better lucky next time....

Plus do you really talk to Rodrigo all the time? Really??? To apologize right?!?!?!

Much love for you Karl, but after all those years in the game, after Ipath and shit... U could have made the difference!

Go learn with those japaneses that run the nuclear plant how to take the hate when you u've done something stupid...

People if there's one place you can't lie, is at the SLAP FORUM... We have eyes and ears everywhere!

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »
Who people support on Slap doesn't necessarily translate into actual board sales.  Besides, I'm not getting the vibe that Karl kicked him off, I'm getting the vibe that he's got a good deal with BLVD in the works and Organika isn't standing in the way.

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This begs the huge question:

haha, more proof that you are regular.
begging the question means circular reasoning. learn how to use expressions properly mister educated.

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
Rodrigo on DGK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you hearing us kails??????

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »
Haha.....Rodrigos on DGK. They can all just share the same board graphics and Kayo can save on the hassle of printing so many.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well Karl, I see more people here supporting Rodrigo than Walker right now.... I guess you weren't expecting so much love for Petersen... Regreted? Better lucky next time....

Plus do you really talk to Rodrigo all the time? Really??? To apologize right?!?!?!

Much love for you Karl, but after all those years in the game, after Ipath and shit... U could have made the difference!

Go learn with those japaneses that run the nuclear plant how to take the hate when you u've done something stupid...

People if there's one place you can't lie, is at the SLAP FORUM... We have eyes and ears everywhere!
HA HA! You're right, I don't talk to you all the time, Rodrigo. And yes, I did send you a text message apologize and thank you for all that you've done for Organika, my bad.   

This is either you, Rodrigo, or one of your closest friends. But that doesn't matter because I got love for you too.

Also, last but not least:

NINJA PLEASE!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also, no regrets anymore...

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »
you sent him a text message telling him your sorry???

thats some high school break up shit right there.

hard body dun!!!! ? lol

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
you sent him a text message telling him your sorry???

thats some high school break up shit right there.

hard body dun!!!! ? lol
lol! You're right. What was I thinking!

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
can you ring him right now for me???  tell him its all love and that the slap forum has his back?

thank you.

newincident

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
Ok this is getting out of control, I don't think that was Rodrigo. You can send him PM we don't need to see this dirty laundry, keep it
together guys...

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »
slap forum = dirty laundry