Author Topic: Mike Mo on DC  (Read 77277 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Mike Mo on DC
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, well I'm still surprised Greg isn't hooked up properly, his skating is pretty damn good.
[close]
But that style...
Torey Pudwill's style is way worse and that didn't stop him from becoming a household name.  Greg Myers hands are a bit crazy though.

FrenchFuck

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »
I don't give a fuck if Mike rides for toys r us. I hope he gets his fair share and saves his cash for post-skateboarding life.

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
What happened to Greg Myers? Why'd he get kicked off? He had weird style but he skated fast and did big shit. I liked it.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

DGKALIS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 533
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »
What happened to Greg Myers? Why'd he get kicked off? He had weird style but he skated fast and did big shit. I liked it.

I guess I could say that he just kept making all the wrong "real life" decisions... When a door opens... You have to push through it, or you could just sit in the doorway and hope some one pulls you in.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess I could say that he just kept making all the wrong "real life" decisions... When a door opens... You have to push through it, or you could just sit in the doorway and hope some one pulls you in.

this is so OT. Kalis! DC should get Ricky O. i know you guys had your issue. but your both hard core street skating skate rats! dude should get some scrizzle.. (was watching the berrics thing part 2).. i'd cop a ricky o DC pro shoe in no seconds flat. hell.. a ricky o colorway even.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:17 PM »
Uhm...  Ricky and DC...  Yeah... 

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate to be nosey, but while we're on the subject, whats up with pj as of now? was always one of my favorite skateboarders and i really wish i could see more of him. kind of seems like he really just wants to skate for himself

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »

Front Crooks

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
I stopped wearing DC back in 2000 or some shit.  Then they came out with the Lynx 2 which was bulky and not the same.  They need to make shoes like the Lynx 1's, Carroll Cozmo's, Rick 1's.  DC will never be as sick as it once was. 

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is so OT. Kalis! DC should get Ricky O. i know you guys had your issue. but your both hard core street skating skate rats! dude should get some scrizzle.. (was watching the berrics thing part 2).. i'd cop a ricky o DC pro shoe in no seconds flat. hell.. a ricky o colorway even.

Doesn't Ricky ride for Vox now and has a shoe? Who knows what happened in the last year or so with that since i checked...I think there are dudes more active and relevant to shit that deserve a shoe...

Edit: He got the boot since i last checked but Ryan Smith is still there
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:55:28 PM by Tarela »

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2011, 01:51:44 AM »
lynx re-release would be sick.  lakai staple re-re-release would be super sick.

kinda been over mike mo.  although he does have some of the best flat ground ever.  he should get money while the ankle holds up.

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2011, 07:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i hate to be nosey, but while we're on the subject, whats up with pj as of now? was always one of my favorite skateboarders and i really wish i could see more of him. kind of seems like he really just wants to skate for himself

Ok for Smith and Myers, we all know what happened with Wenning, BUT WHATS THE DEAL WITH PJ ?

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2011, 09:16:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ok for Smith and Myers, we all know what happened with Wenning, BUT WHATS THE DEAL WITH PJ ?

ok before kalis drops the real facts, i think its important to state the official slap rumor:

"Pj ladd was ripping off the dc logos on his shoes cause hes a boss, and eventually stopped skating dc's all together (kinda like how he doesnt skate plan b boards) whilst collecting checks. dc found out said peace"

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »

ok before kalis drops the real facts, i think its important to state the official slap rumor:

"Pj ladd was ripping off the dc logos on his shoes cause hes a boss, and eventually stopped skating dc's all together (kinda like how he doesnt skate plan b boards) whilst collecting checks. dc found out said peace"

no matter what kalis says, this rumor is better.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2011, 09:24:36 AM »
Good luck to Mo, but fucking the devil can make for some bad babies.

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
Mike Mo please put out footy. One part every 5 years isn't good enough for pro... not even am. If you are too busy living your life and doing other things than skateboarding(like sunglasses)... well then you don't deserve pro anyway nor a shoe sponsor.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, well I'm still surprised Greg isn't hooked up properly, his skating is pretty damn good.
[close]
But that style...
[close]
Torey Pudwill's style is way worse and that didn't stop him from becoming a household name.  Greg Myers hands are a bit crazy though.

that part was raw as fuck. i dont get it. seems like most dudes in skating are dumb, how bad could this guy actually be?

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

DGKALIS

« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

True dat!!

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
come on give us SOMETHING about what happened with pj!
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

DGKALIS

« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
Out of respect for PJ and DC... i leave that to speculation.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
respect.  Can't say I didn't try haha
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

eames1

• Rep: 4
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Think of the money QUIKSILVER could save if they let go of the DC PR department and just let DGKalis do it.

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »
Out of respect?! Clearly it was intense beef. Either PJ or DC obviously got owned; that or Kalis doesn't know.

Whatever the case I am just glad PJ isn't on DC. DC doesn't deserve him
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

True dat!!

true dat!!

« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
its rad how Wes never wears any massive DC logos an shit.  i like that.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
damn if only greg myers had only got on a real board sponser after seek he would of been making that dc monaayyyy.almost as sad as looking at scott kane nowadays...well not that bad.

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2011, 08:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oh man, you can't leave that to speculation. we'll all just assume the worst: PJ wasn't getting enough coverage so someone high up at DC pulled the plug on his contract. 

few123456789

« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Oh man, you can't leave that to speculation. we'll all just assume the worst: PJ wasn't getting enough coverage so someone high up at DC pulled the plug on his contract. 

Your guys' take-it-away should be that Kalis refuses to rip PJ and ignored the opportunity to give a reason why he is no longer on DC = Kalis stand-up guy.

That being said, there obviously was a genuine business beef with him and DC.  Wasn't coverage -- he had a "Banging'" spot on The Berrics the week he was taken off the DC site (Berra charity?). 

We'll never know, so quit asking.  PJ Ladd we look forward to your footage. 

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Your guys' take-it-away should be that Kalis refuses to rip PJ and ignored the opportunity to give a reason why he is no longer on DC = Kalis stand-up guy.

That being said, there obviously was a genuine business beef with him and DC.  Wasn't coverage -- he had a "Banging'" spot on The Berrics the week he was taken off the DC site (Berra charity?).  

We'll never know, so quit asking.  PJ Ladd we look forward to your footage.  
...or maybe he knows for a fact that DC was wrong in this case and doesn't want to speak out against them. God forbid he actually says something negative about the almighty DC Footwear. I guess it makes sense though, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you. Whatever.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:51:16 PM by Kristi Yamaguchi »