Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 430888 times)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4710 on: November 21, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »
i keep watching dirtbag priyas storys and seeing previews of her sucking on some dudes dong, i wonder if its that creep brian patches wang or some random dick she picked up

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #4711 on: November 21, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
Were the 2000s kinda the hair metal era of skateboarding?

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #4712 on: November 21, 2020, 11:00:36 PM »
Were the 2000s kinda the hair metal era of skateboarding?

i'd kind of agree with that. everything went a bit overboard. the canadian kits, the hot topic mall punk fits, the jackasses/landspeed/cky bits.

BieberStance

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4713 on: November 22, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • Death and life.
« Reply #4714 on: November 23, 2020, 04:01:02 AM »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4715 on: November 24, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
Why is it a backside 180 nosegrind but a backside 180 switch manual?

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4716 on: November 24, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »

it's kinda weird... my best guess:

bs 180 nosegrind=similar concept to bs bigspin noseslides or boardslides actually more being shove it nose/boardslides to fakie. the skater does a bs 180 with a nosegrind in the middle. trick name is not determined by orientation of the grind in this case, but in order of total body rotation of the ollie/flip trick and the trick done after the catch or after the initial trick has completed 50% progress or more. the grinds name is determined by what it would look like without the rotation in mind, so as if done regs.

this is one example of an alternate naming convention compared to just composite trick names that follow a dogmatic school of trick plus this way trick plus this way out trick, in favor of a more elegant and wholistic approach. it makes sense if you see the bs 180 more as beginning and also end to the trick instead of the two tricks as a linear sequence. the trick begins with a bs 180 and ends with fulfilling the bs 180, with the nosegrind happening in the middle.

my guess on why the sw manual isnt a fakie nosemanny would be that you can only get into a fakie nosemanny coming in fakie from the start. if you 180 into the same manual it's switch since if you popped out it would be a switch trick. with a bs 180 fakie manual it's fakie because if you would need to pop out like a fakie trick.

EDIT: the logic has flaws, like how fit fakie nosegrinds into this? so what are the rules to go fakie (nose-)manual(and grind)?

i would say there's two ways.

you have to approach fakie and either get straight on or 360.

you approach normally and rotate into a position that forces you to disengage from the manual in actual fakie stance, and only traditional fakie counts, meaning the only way to end up in any sort of fakie coming from regs is a fakie manual done on the truck you popped off, too. there just is no fakie nosemanual initiated by a 180 coming from regs.

similarly, when you nollie 180 into a sw manual, why is that not a fakie nose manny? because if you mirrored it and did it from fakie, like starting with a half cab, you end up in a regular manual, not a sw fakie nosemanual(lol). hence when mirrored sw stance it's also a manual, but switch.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:56:21 PM by Frank »

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4717 on: November 24, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
i was just thinking about Dave Chappelle. what a legend. the fact that we are alive at the same time as him is one of those "moments" in history. from his early silly movies to the stand up to the tv show and back to the stand up. he transcends class, race, age, etc. nearly everyone enjoys him. been watching a lot of his recent stuff and he is an incredible story teller, on top of being so funny. no idea why this thought hit me so hard today.

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4718 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »

There's only three manuals

Regs switch and Fakie manny.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4719 on: November 25, 2020, 03:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bs 180 nosegrind=similar concept to bs bigspin noseslides or boardslides actually more being shove it nose/boardslides to fakie. the skater does a bs 180 with a nosegrind in the middle. trick name is not determined by orientation of the grind in this case, but in order of total body rotation of the ollie/flip trick and the trick done after the catch or after the initial trick has completed 50% progress or more. the grinds name is determined by what it would look like without the rotation in mind, so as if done regs.

this is one example of an alternate naming convention compared to just composite trick names that follow a dogmatic school of trick plus this way trick plus this way out trick, in favor of a more elegant and wholistic approach. it makes sense if you see the bs 180 more as beginning and also end to the trick instead of the two tricks as a linear sequence. the trick begins with a bs 180 and ends with fulfilling the bs 180, with the nosegrind happening in the middle.

my guess on why the sw manual isnt a fakie nosemanny would be that you can only get into a fakie nosemanny coming in fakie from the start. if you 180 into the same manual it's switch since if you popped out it would be a switch trick. with a bs 180 fakie manual it's fakie because if you would need to pop out like a fakie trick.

EDIT: the logic has flaws, like how fit fakie nosegrinds into this? so what are the rules to go fakie (nose-)manual(and grind)?

you approach normally and rotate into a position that forces you to disengage from the manual in actual fakie stance, and only traditional fakie counts, meaning the only way to end up in any sort of fakie coming from regs is a fakie manual done on the truck you popped off, too. there just is no fakie nosemanual initiated by a 180 coming from regs.

similarly, when you nollie 180 into a sw manual, why is that not a fakie nose manny? because if you mirrored it and did it from fakie, like starting with a half cab, you end up in a regular manual, not a sw fakie nosemanual(lol). hence when mirrored sw stance it's also a manual, but switch.

This makes sense. So with a backside 180 nosegrind the backside 180 is not completed until you land it. But it seems like the same logic should apply to a manual too, unless you count the two wheels landing in the manual as the backside 180 being completed and the manual as a separate trick. If you did a backside 180 nosegrind, kickflip out, for instance, wouldn't it be a switch kickflip, not a nollie kickflip while grinding backwards? So, to pop out of that, even just an ollie, would be a switch trick, and the same goes for backside 180 switch manual. Or maybe not because there isn't a grind in the middle but the skater is rolling. But that seems like a weird distinction to make because the trick is still not completed until the person either lands the grind or the manual on all four wheels. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone understands what these names mean. It's just sometimes I think skate trick naming is a little inconsistent or illogical but as long as there are conventions, it's fine.

Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe in the future there will be only two, if everyone becomes stanceless and skates symmetrical boards: manual or nose manual. Then if a stanceless skater does a half-cab or nollie 180, it will always be backside or frontside and not backside half-cab/frontside nollie 180 or frontside half-cab/backside nollie 180. This stuff is kind of crazy to think about a lot. It's like how quantum physicists lose their minds from thinking too much about matter and shit.

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4720 on: November 25, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This makes sense. So with a backside 180 nosegrind the backside 180 is not completed until you land it. But it seems like the same logic should apply to a manual too, unless you count the two wheels landing in the manual as the backside 180 being completed and the manual as a separate trick. If you did a backside 180 nosegrind, kickflip out, for instance, wouldn't it be a switch kickflip, not a nollie kickflip while grinding backwards? So, to pop out of that, even just an ollie, would be a switch trick, and the same goes for backside 180 switch manual. Or maybe not because there isn't a grind in the middle but the skater is rolling. But that seems like a weird distinction to make because the trick is still not completed until the person either lands the grind or the manual on all four wheels. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone understands what these names mean. It's just sometimes I think skate trick naming is a little inconsistent or illogical but as long as there are conventions, it's fine.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Maybe in the future there will be only two, if everyone becomes stanceless and skates symmetrical boards: manual or nose manual. Then if a stanceless skater does a half-cab or nollie 180, it will always be backside or frontside and not backside half-cab/frontside nollie 180 or frontside half-cab/backside nollie 180. This stuff is kind of crazy to think about a lot. It's like how quantum physicists lose their minds from thinking too much about matter and shit.

80 Fakie nose grind kinda predates switch too.

I totally f'd up because I'm all fucking fucked up

1 Manny
2 nose manny
 3 Fakie manny
4 switch Manny.

G turn is valid
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4721 on: November 27, 2020, 11:47:22 PM »
Itís so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens.

That's a very conservative way of looking at it, and it's something people say a lot about tattoos. So do you plan on keeping yourself as well preserved as possible until you're a senior citizen? No matter what you're gonna age. If you take care of yourself, maybe you'll age a little better than those who lead rougher lives. But your skin is still gonna get all wrinkly, saggy and spotted anyway. What difference will tattoos make? Will old tatted people somehow have worse looking old person skin? I don't think it matters that much, and it's never made me question getting a tattoo I wanted.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4722 on: November 28, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »
tattoos on old folks are awesome. of course they will look shitty. that's not the point. the point is "golly, this old gentlemen rocks tattoos, he must have been a real rebel rouser, oh boy, i better be polite to this old tattooed gentleman or he's probably pullin his switchblade on me."

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #4723 on: November 28, 2020, 01:53:31 PM »
Was wondering if anyone else does this. Often times when I see someone do a trick in a video where the address of the building is in the background, I google it and do the streetview to see what it looks like from there or if it's still around.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1871
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4724 on: November 28, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »

Is it? I was not aware that the name had changed. I always knew them as 180 nose manuals, and I think that's how mags captioned them.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
« Reply #4725 on: November 29, 2020, 12:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Itís so weird to imagine what all those people who are all tatted up are going to look like as senior citizens.
[close]

That's a very conservative way of looking at it, and it's something people say a lot about tattoos. So do you plan on keeping yourself as well preserved as possible until you're a senior citizen? No matter what you're gonna age. If you take care of yourself, maybe you'll age a little better than those who lead rougher lives. But your skin is still gonna get all wrinkly, saggy and spotted anyway. What difference will tattoos make? Will old tatted people somehow have worse looking old person skin? I don't think it matters that much, and it's never made me question getting a tattoo I wanted.

Donít let me stop you from enjoying tattoos on the elderly.  Call me old-fashioned, but Iím just saying that Iíd be taken aback if I saw some 87 year old man with this scribbled all over his throat:

Itís my problem to overcome, not theirs.