Author Topic: Making a change from Indys  (Read 4903 times)

Stonesthrowplease

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Making a change from Indys
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
have been thinking about making the change from indys after years upon years . not because of performance just thinking of trying something different. whats the word on venture ? thunder and i heard theeve is actually pretty good? any suggestions would be dope

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
Re: Making a change from Indys
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:39:12 PM »
the new thunder 147 hi Mk II are pretty sick. i go back and forth between indys and thunders.
thunders have a snapper response then indy.. *IMO.. but don't feel as smooth. i really like thunders in the street.. and indy's in crete..
just my opinion though. they're (the big 3) are all good trucks..

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
don't do it! 

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:08:42 PM »
never betray the cross.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »
the cross rules everything, bro...don't go away , stay with us and the cross :o

edit: you can change the bushings if you want....
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:16:14 PM by the snake »

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
I really like ventures, but I haven't ever really fucked with anything else...so yeah.

no thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 05:36:55 PM »
Why fix what ain't broken?

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
I tried -silver josh kalis (less quality than I expected, but eye pleasing)
-krux louie barletta (kick ass truck and great bushings but axle bended)
 -fury raw (light, intelligent design)
-indy geoff rowley (here is why you should walk away that marketing success piece of shit truck called independent and never go back: I bought the trucks just for self suggestion, I mean I dont really like that brown/grey colorway with a indy with swords rowley logo, but at the time I liked it, I already know that were heavy trucks because everybody told me so, they even told me I'd have to change the bushings, but I saw a pretty good clip from rowley selling the trucks and I went to the local skateshop ready to get ripped. Bushings were so soft they broke the next week. Axle and kingping nuts were destroyed and I had to fix them after two or three months. Crooked spot on the grinding area a lot more grinded than usual trucks by the same time skating em. By the time I was ready to move on to the next step of my life and give another brand a chance I was unable to unroll the nut from the axel, and had to cut the axel with a saw to get my bones back.

After that: thunder appleyard, skating now some thunder mid/low ed templeton, and some raw thunder highs to my filmer setup. If thats not enough, then acknowledge that bryan herman, chris cole and shane o neill ride them. Just kidding.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:07:40 PM by BarcelonaCEO »

YoungWilliam309

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 01:03:34 AM »
havent skated a pair myself but i always hear good things about thunder. theeve looks interesting as well. cant argue with better materials.

the trucks i most skate are ventures, just because theyll last you at the least about 6-8 monthes. ive had a pair for a year & a half before.
they never really "grind down".

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 01:11:29 AM »
venture. thunder are lighter and turn way better than indys in my opinion. had a couple of indys and always found it a pain in the ass to break them in. I have been skating my current ventures for over a year now: a new record for me.
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Jesus-Condom

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 03:40:50 AM »
I have been skating my current ventures for over a year now.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:03 AM »
My Thunders are one year old, and still going strong, Im not changing anything anytime soon.. I want to try Theeves next year though, the 8,25 ones.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 07:27:05 AM »
i've switched from skating indys for 9 years to the fury evo2. i think i'll never go back to the cross.

Molusk One

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 07:34:16 AM »
my last couple trucks have been indies and i too am going to change trucks next time i need new ones, i really feel like trying some product all of my friends are too scared to touch,if they suck then what ever, atleast i know. brands i'm really interested in giving a shot are:

theeve- mainly because they come with bones bushing and in a 8.25, one thing thats putting me off is the fact they're a mid

fury- they're cheap, they come with fake bones bushings(internet reviews have led me to belive that the bushings break super quick, mind you the chance that some 13yr old grom who tightens the fuck outta his trucks said that is rather likely) they also come in 8.25 wich i am curious to try. (i mainly ride 8.125-8.25 i was curious about getting trucks that fit my board better so  tried indy 149's and rode 8.25-8.5 for some time and i really liked them, but i just found it a too heavy)

ACE- these are the ones im most likely gonna get, from what i understand they are exactly like an indypendent type 3 (what ever the hell that is) but it's surpose to give them a much better turning geometry and a lower kingpin. some thing about them looks real nice aswell.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »
my last couple trucks have been indies and i too am going to change trucks next time i need new ones, i really feel like trying some product all of my friends are too scared to touch,if they suck then what ever, atleast i know. brands i'm really interested in giving a shot are:

theeve- mainly because they come with bones bushing and in a 8.25, one thing thats putting me off is the fact they're a mid

fury- they're cheap, they come with fake bones bushings(internet reviews have led me to belive that the bushings break super quick, mind you the chance that some 13yr old grom who tightens the fuck outta his trucks said that is rather likely) they also come in 8.25 wich i am curious to try. (i mainly ride 8.125-8.25 i was curious about getting trucks that fit my board better so  tried indy 149's and rode 8.25-8.5 for some time and i really liked them, but i just found it a too heavy)

ACE- these are the ones im most likely gonna get, from what i understand they are exactly like an indypendent type 3 (what ever the hell that is) but it's surpose to give them a much better turning geometry and a lower kingpin. some thing about them looks real nice aswell.
i ride the 8.125 with soft bones bushings, debating over anything other than bones s pointless.

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 05:27:50 AM »
Thanks for all the input. It all kind of came from my friend I skate with all the time always trying new shit on his setup. I was just thinking if everyone was the way i am there would only be like 5 skateboarding companies. The only thing i ever try new is wheels it feels like

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
Im almost sure that Thunders are great, but I hate the look. Yes, shollow old e, but I cant stand the way setups look with them. Only had one pair of Orions and they were pretty bad, nothing but problems. Sience then Ive had four pair of Indys and Ill never go back. Them last me a good 18 months, the axle problems are long gone and the feeling of riding them gives me a solid stable feeling.
In short, try Venture of Thunder, should work great.

epicsaxguy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
stick with indy, why change now
the only other truck id consider is thunder but then they are still shit

sophisto000

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
thunder 149s with the black hard bushings from the rebuild kit (with all the extra nuts an' shit)......perfect. as the ads say, quick response & better turn, indys feel like you're tryin to turn a boat or you have to loosen em til they just flop side to side. im backin thunder even tho my "core" indy bros talk shit

aojiru

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
Thunders turn quicker and twitchier and the His are a little lower than regular Indys.

Might try Ace or throw the Indys back on whenever my Thunders need replacing.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 04:38:39 PM »
A little of topic, but how is the turning on Theeves? is more Thunder-ish, super quick and sharp, or more like Indys?  I really want to try them, but I love how Thunders work and if Theeves are a lot different, Im not buying them.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
Been riding Ace for a few years now, don't see me skating anything else.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »
switching to something other than Independents is an awful idea.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
Theeves turn great (good radius).  Unless you want Matt Rodriguez loose, they turn just fine.  Lighter, comes with bones, and not much more expensive (I've seen them same price or cheaper in some places compared to indy).  There's no chance I'll ever go back to indy.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »
Does Venture make an 8.5" axle?

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »
If your leaving Indy's I'd highly suggest ACE's. Rode alot of trucks throught the years and always went back to Indy's, then I started riding ACE and am in love with them. Givem a shot, there a fucking dope truck
"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »
buy a set of 147 hi's...ive tryed indys after riding thunders for a while and i was kinda annoyed...so im back on the thunder trucks

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
Ace's are damned good. I like them more than the Indy's I've had.

no thanks

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
I bought Aces when they first came out and loved them. But the kingpins would wobble on both trucks so I kept the hangers and put on some Indy base plates and skated them for a year and a half. Anyone else have this problem?