Author Topic: josiah gatlyn quits stereo and is on a new company  (Read 26445 times)

juja

Re: josiah gatlyn quits stereo and is on a new company
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote
christian skaters really aren't interesting. when am i going to see a sikh on a board? a muslim female? a greenlander? a person of the bahai faith?
[close]
I'm pretty sure Guru Khalsa is a sikh, or at least his parents are.

Don't they have to grown their beards too, im pretty sure its like all the hair on their body not just their heads...You see it, they have this crazy rolled up beard under their chin, pretty sure guru aint rocking that look...jus sayin

Bertie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
Applies to sikh women too, my partner can't cut her hair or she'd get endless grief from her parents. It's like a declaration of a lack of vanity i gather. Khalsa might just be a weekend waheguru worshipper.

sonny sharrock

• Rep: 4
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »
Got a full confirmation that he is on Zero. As of right now he is going to have a part in Cold War. There was some thing going on with stereo where he moved back to Florida and they stopped sending him checks. That got sorted out but looks like money was a factor in the move.

Stereo doesn't pay anyone. It's a known fact. Supa said the same thing when he left and it's been mentioned on these boards various times over the past 3-4 years.

It's a shame that they do take guys with awesome talent and do nothing with them; they have been claiming a video since Summer 2008 but haven't put one out. That would have been sick because at one point there could have been a Stereo video with J Lee, Renaud, Shimizu, Todd, Silva, Benny, Clint, Lupfer and Dyson but alas they can't get their shit together apparentlly.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2011, 08:48:04 PM »
Applies to sikh women too, my partner can't cut her hair or she'd get endless grief from her parents.

What about trimming the bush, how sikh is that?

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
there's a difference between being a person of faith and being a religious kook and it's perfectly fine that you don't get that difference so chill

Besides riding for a Christian company awhile ago, what has Josiah done since getting on Stereo that would label him a religious kook? That is of course, if you are relating Hardy to the person of faith while Josiah is the religious kook.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

shit pile

« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2011, 09:26:27 PM »
Stereo doesn't pay anyone. It's a known fact. Supa said the same thing when he left and it's been mentioned on these boards various times over the past 3-4 years.
Ricky Oyola even mentioned it about Jack leaving Traffic for not much money.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Got a full confirmation that he is on Zero. As of right now he is going to have a part in Cold War. There was some thing going on with stereo where he moved back to Florida and they stopped sending him checks. That got sorted out but looks like money was a factor in the move.
[close]

It's a shame that they do take guys with awesome talent and do nothing with them; they have been claiming a video since Summer 2008 but haven't put one out. That would have been sick because at one point there could have been a Stereo video with J Lee, Renaud, Shimizu, Todd, Silva, Benny, Clint, Lupfer and Dyson but alas they can't get their shit together apparentlly.

it's comments like this that prove that most of you have no idea what the inner workings of a skate company are.
I need a coffee

Bertie

« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Applies to sikh women too, my partner can't cut her hair or she'd get endless grief from her parents.
[close]

What about trimming the bush, how sikh is that?
Needless to say, i'm the chief supervisor of that area.

Bertie

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
..stereo where he moved back to Florida and they stopped sending him checks. That got sorted out but looks like money was a factor in the move.
[close]

Stereo doesn't pay anyone... etc.
[close]

it's comments like this that prove that most of you have no idea what the inner workings of a skate company are.
They are unnecessarily shitty with money from what I have heard first hand.

billy McGivern

• Rep: -4
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2011, 06:48:07 AM »
WHERES THE GATLYN GUN!?!?!?!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
there's a difference between being a person of faith and being a religious kook and it's perfectly fine that you don't get that difference so chill
[close]

Besides riding for a Christian company awhile ago, what has Josiah done since getting on Stereo that would label him a religious kook? That is of course, if you are relating Hardy to the person of faith while Josiah is the religious kook.

He put a bible quote before his part in some local vid like 3 years ago and since then people made him out to be a lunatic.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
Sorry, I'm late to the party, been on a skate trip...

Josiah called me last week and was looking to move on from Stereo for whatever reason; I told him a few dudes weren't gonna make the ZERO/DGK tour due to injuries, so I could offer him a seat in the van. He was psyched, so he quit Stereo and he's going.

I know it might seem like a wild card for Zero, but the kid's cool, super motivated and damn good.
I'll bet on passion and talent every time.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »
Josiah is a technical skater with kind of stair-jumping facet to his skating, and yeah, he's Christian, so I don't see how that isn't a good fit for Zero.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
Josiah is a technical skater with kind of stair-jumping facet to his skating, and yeah, he's Christian, so I don't see how that isn't a good fit for Zero.

Pretty much. I remember I had no idea Jamie Thomas was that religious untill I saw the 411vm issue 50.

@1:28

I myself am not super religious but I don't hate on others that are. And you know Josiah is just a product of his parents making him the way he is.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
Make him room with Brockman, if he survives, he is on.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
I'll bet on drunks and assholes everytime.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Make him room with Brockman, if he survives, he is on.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2011, 04:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty much. I remember I had no idea Jamie Thomas was that religious untill I saw the 411vm issue 50.

@1:28

I myself am not super religious but I don't hate on others that are. And you know Josiah is just a product of his parents making him the way he is.

God's rad, but I sound like a dumbass...

I'll bet on drunks and assholes everytime.

cool, skateboarding needs both
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

cats everywhere

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
im backing this it could be real sick. and i cant believe i didnt make the "religious" connection i completely forgot jt is with threesixteen.

the only real problem i have with this is that you didnt am up ryan lay cause you didnt have the budget/room for him on the team, but now you do?

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -488
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
I don't see why people give a shit what religion people practice and judge them on that? Judge them on who they are and their skating. I'm not a big Josiah fan im not religious nor am I some political correctness advocate but I don't see why Christians get so much shit, I mean it's a legitimate religion that's been practiced for a couple thousand years by MILLIONS of people.

I think getting Satan tattoos and running around screaming "Satan" is pretty damn kooky but you never hear shit talk on lizard king about that shit in fact people think it's cool and funny. Well I'm pretty sure he's not a real satanist or occultist so I just see it as immature and childish and someone who craves attention really bad.

Anyhow I just think it's a lame and unfair double standard, the only exception to judging someone for their religion is if they're into scientology because that shit is fucking kooky...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:38:59 PM by TMKF »

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
im backing this it could be real sick. and i cant believe i didnt make the "religious" connection i completely forgot jt is with threesixteen.

the only real problem i have with this is that you didnt am up ryan lay cause you didnt have the budget/room for him on the team, but now you do?

Hmmm that's true...

Bummer Ryan Lay is way sicker than Josiah and seems really rad too, shame he couldn't get hooked up but now Josiah just has to say the word and it's done...

Such is skateboarding I guess...

cats everywhere

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2011, 10:24:13 PM »
all religion aside

his "oversteezing" of everything is lame as fuck.
hes definately calmed it down, i feel its more of style than "steeze" now. and im sure jamie will put him in line haha.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »
DID SOMEBODY SAY RYAN LAY?

HAI GUYS WUTTUP? THE SKY? LAWLZ!!

wheremykillahtapeat?

• Rep: -1
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2011, 01:04:12 AM »
Sorry, I'm late to the party, been on a skate trip...

Josiah called me last week and was looking to move on from Stereo for whatever reason; I told him a few dudes weren't gonna make the ZERO/DGK tour due to injuries, so I could offer him a seat in the van. He was psyched, so he quit Stereo and he's going.

I know it might seem like a wild card for Zero, but the kid's cool, super motivated and damn good.
I'll bet on passion and talent every time.

Jamie, what's the status quo on John Pierce? That dude deserves it more than anybody.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
I don't see why people give a shit what religion people practice and judge them on that? Judge them on who they are and their skating. I'm not a big Josiah fan im not religious nor am I some political correctness advocate but I don't see why Christians get so much shit, I mean it's a legitimate religion that's been practiced for a couple thousand years by MILLIONS of people.

I think getting Satan tattoos and running around screaming "Satan" is pretty damn kooky but you never hear shit talk on lizard king about that shit in fact people think it's cool and funny. Well I'm pretty sure he's not a real satanist or occultist so I just see it as immature and childish and someone who craves attention really bad.

Anyhow I just think it's a lame and unfair double standard, the only exception to judging someone for their religion is if they're into scientology because that shit is fucking kooky...

seriously? i see alot of hate on him

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2011, 04:30:44 AM »
Of course there is hate on Lizard King but what I was saying was that the hate isn't about him being a kooky satanist. Yet if a thread is started about Josh Harmony, Josiah or even Chad Tim Tim the Christian bashing begins.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
    • swarm life avatar image
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »
josiah rips. only hope the best for ya homie!

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2011, 05:25:08 AM »
yeah. josiah is a genuinely good dude. this should be a rad move for him.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2011, 09:27:13 AM »
Of course there is hate on Lizard King but what I was saying was that the hate isn't about him being a kooky satanist. Yet if a thread is started about Josh Harmony, Josiah or even Chad Tim Tim the Christian bashing begins.

People consistently give Lizard shit for that, just not the kids who buy the act and emulate it.  What else is there to hate on Lizard for?  Great skater, but I have the feeling he's one of those dudes you can't sit in a car with or be near for too long.  And I LIKE to sniff coke.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
Chad Tim Tim being on that Jesus shit is the worst part about. PLEASE RENOUNCE YOUR FAITH CHAD!