Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 77832 times)

excitableboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 93
Re: Documentaries
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »
Figured I'd bump this thread, after getting some good tips from the movie thread.

Unique perspective on murder and injustice. Almost do not recommend it because of its intensity.

Also watched Project Grizzly, about this Canadian macho cowboy fellow who aims to out-toughen a grizzly bear under a flimsy pretext of science. He's like a right-wing Timothy Treadwell, but slightly less crazy.

About to watch The Best Worst Movie, as recommended by LesbianPunch. It looks promising.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:55:58 PM by excitableboy »

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
Dude, the people in Troll 2 are fucking crazy.  The actor who plays the owner of the general store said he was fresh out of a mental hospital when filming Troll 2, and he says that he wanted to hurt the little boy in the film.  The woman who plays the wife is a delusional hermit who takes care of her mother and won't leave the house, despite delusions of having an acting career one day.  She complains about loud noises that haunt her, and seems legitimately troubled.  The main guy is a dentist who seems to have an identity crisis mid-documentary.  Grandpa Seth loves watching Family Guy.  Bizarre.

Watch it. 

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »

Its about Tilikum a killer whale at Seaworld who is responsible for three deaths and the consequences and ethics of keeping such large and intelligent animals in captivity.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »
Dude, the people in Troll 2 are fucking crazy.  The actor who plays the owner of the general store said he was fresh out of a mental hospital when filming Troll 2, and he says that he wanted to hurt the little boy in the film.  The woman who plays the wife is a delusional hermit who takes care of her mother and won't leave the house, despite delusions of having an acting career one day.  She complains about loud noises that haunt her, and seems legitimately troubled.  The main guy is a dentist who seems to have an identity crisis mid-documentary.  Grandpa Seth loves watching Family Guy.  Bizarre.

Watch it. 
not to mention the effeminate narcissistic weirdo filmmaker whos making a doc about that one movie he was in when he was like 10.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
True.  I was a little disappointed that it was only about Troll 2.  Based on the netflix description, which didn't even mention Troll 2, i assumed the filmmaker would explore other equally terrible cult favorites.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
You're Gonna Miss Me

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »

Endless Toedrag

• Rep: -13
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »
You're Gonna Miss Me

very good, ive recommended this to numerous people.  very very good doc.
There's a code that ya better know.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
Figured I'd bump this thread, after getting some good tips from the movie thread.

Unique perspective on murder and injustice. Almost do not recommend it because of its intensity.

Also watched Project Grizzly, about this Canadian macho cowboy fellow who aims to out-toughen a grizzly bear under a flimsy pretext of science. He's like a right-wing Timothy Treadwell, but slightly less crazy.

About to watch The Best Worst Movie, as recommended by LesbianPunch. It looks promising.

I posted this in last good movie watched thread. Such a good movie that will leave you messed up in the head for days. That part when they find out Zachery gets killed and its a loud nonstop screaming montage still haunts me. It makes you scared of random weird  strangers lurking around.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »

Its about Tilikum a killer whale at Seaworld who is responsible for three deaths and the consequences and ethics of keeping such large and intelligent animals in captivity.

Saw this with my wife. Will make you not want to ever go to Sea world ever. That part were Tilikum keeps pushing the guy down the pool but manages to survive is one of the most intense live footage of anything that ive ever seen.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Saw this with my wife. Will make you not want to ever go to Sea world ever. That part were Tilikum keeps pushing the guy down the pool but manages to survive is one of the most intense live footage of anything that ive ever seen.

Oh yeah that was frightening! It was incredible how that guy kept his cool. Killer Whales don't seem to attack people like sharks more like a cat playing with its food until its dead.

excitableboy

« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2013, 06:42:48 AM »

Watch it. 
That did not disappoint. Just amazing.
Also checked out Blackfish. Good example of how even the vilest of businesses can be made to look alright with some solid PR.

If anyone has a link to Partly Fiction that'd be great. I gladly pay to watch but Amazon and Itunes only cater to people with credit cards (in Europe).

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:39 AM »

excitableboy

« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:58 AM »

shark tits

« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2014, 01:52:54 AM »

i lived in ireland in 81. not northern ireland so i wasn't near all this shit but i'm into anything about Ireland and its struggles. did stiff little fingers ever sing about this? ya'll do need an alternative ulster. i don't like the idea that the uk had infiltrated the IRA to the highest degree. but let it continue? that's some illuminati nonsense right there.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2014, 03:20:36 AM »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »
It might not be online yet--I saw it in the theater maybe a month ago. Keep your eyes open for it though, it's gnarly.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

excitableboy

« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »

Is this in any way similar to the book of the same name?
Haven't read the book, but I assume it is. Produced and written by Jeremy Scahill.

steam vent

« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2530
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »

"Late in the 1980s, two documentary film makers found six German men, all in their 60s and 70s, who had been soldiers in the German invasion of the USSR in 1942. Each carried an 8mm camera into battle and they still had their film. "Mein Kreig" alternates between interviews with these older men, now apologetic, philosophical, or defiant about their participation, and the footage they shot. It's chronological: basic training, the train trip East, roof-top vistas of war-torn Warsaw, peasants in Belarus, the downing with carbine volleys of a Russian plane, winter, a holiday at the Black Sea, mud, impassable roads, death, destruction and retreat. "Home, that was the front," one says."
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

shark tits

« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2014, 10:24:51 PM »
documentary about kathleen hannah of bikini kill. not my favorite riot grrrl but the most famous [CB and portlandia  notwithstanding].
http://putlocker.bz/watch-the-punk-singer-online-free-putlocker.html

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2014, 07:04:18 AM »
Downloaded the entire Ken Burns' Baseball series

This is a sport that I only have a cursory understanding of and would like to know more about.

Daymannnnn

• Rep: 0
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote

I posted this in last good movie watched thread. Such a good movie that will leave you messed up in the head for days. That part when they find out Zachery gets killed and its a loud nonstop screaming montage still haunts me. It makes you scared of random weird  strangers lurking around.
[close]

Holllly shit! Dear Zachery is the most moving(i cried like a bitch) doco I've seen! Seriously fucked up shit, I think that it was the grandparents really got to me. 

Shredsledder

« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »

Helped me understand why people were prescribing me speed when I was fucking 12 years old:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2014, 11:36:39 AM »

https://archive.org/details/LetsMakeMoney

P.S. my 1000th post, so now I'm an official internet hippopotamus!
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
Sketches of Frank Gehry
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

skateboard pillows

• Rep: 6
« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »
I just finished watching this. The lifestyle of these trappers living in Siberia is really humbling and beautiful in its own way.

I watched it on Netflix for those of you with an account