Author Topic: NYJAHS PART RULES!!!  (Read 64755 times)

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NYJAHS PART RULES!!!
« Reply #420 on: November 11, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's impossible to relate to this part, i need fun skateboarding in my life
[close]
What is fun skateboarding? As long as I'm skating I'm having fun. Are you saying Nyjah isn't having fun?
[close]

You can tell Nyjah rarely is having fun. Look in his eyes and his reactions.

He has admitted it in interviews in the past. He was training not skating, always trying the same trick over and over again.

He admitted it all most recently in his latest interview with Erica during Street League.

Skating for him was rarely about going out and having fun and experiencing the fun and free flowing creativity of skating.
[close]
And if Nyjah isn't having fun then why do you think he skates in the first place.� �

[close]

Ask him yourself, he will tell you skating wasn't that fun for him for a long time.
[close]
He probably skates for the same reason we all do.
Stop being so fucking jealous, the kid is one of the best out there, of course he have to practice.
How the hell do you think he would be able to skate on that lvl otherwise.
[close]

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Go back and try reading comprehension from the start.
[close]

Thats why i work in the industry and you dont asswipe
[close]

HAha, shut the fuck up, you dont know who the fuck I am or what I have accomplished or done.
the only thing you have accomplished is to troll forums, go troll somewhere else.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #421 on: November 11, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
You guys nitpicking for reasons to hate on this are the fucking worst. I'm not even very partial to Nyjah, but if you're too stubborn to just accept that it's anything less than an incredible part than that's just dumb.

Do none of you guys progress or practice tricks? I do, and it's fun. Just because he does it at a higher caliber doesn't mean shit. And go ahead and berate him for "training". Who's to say "training" isn't fun? When you're trying a trick you've never done, and you're trying to perfect it, is that not training?

Also, kinda perplexes me that you give people like Nyjah shit for "taking it too serious", meanwhile you bow down to dudes like Reynolds who re-films tricks multiple times and is EXTREMELY specific about his tricks. A respectable practice? Damn straight. Taking it serious? I'd say so. Why's that bad?

conqueso

« Reply #422 on: November 11, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »
someone get this faggot troll out of here

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
well shit....that was awesome!
tricks are for kids , style is forever

FiftyScent

« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's impossible to relate to this part, i need fun skateboarding in my life
[close]
What is fun skateboarding? As long as I'm skating I'm having fun. Are you saying Nyjah isn't having fun?
[close]

You can tell Nyjah rarely is having fun. Look in his eyes and his reactions.

He has admitted it in interviews in the past. He was training not skating, always trying the same trick over and over again.

He admitted it all most recently in his latest interview with Erica during Street League.

Skating for him was rarely about going out and having fun and experiencing the fun and free flowing creativity of skating.

up until this last year his dad was "training" him & putting him under extreme amounts of pressure. Since he was 10 years old, he was the bread n butter of his family. his dad didnt work he was always coaching him or whatever and was super hard on em. he's since gotten away from all that and is now doing his own thing. how you gon say hes not having fun? there were tons of clips in his part where hes smiling or laughing. you dont skateboard every single day & eat shit down 15 stair handrails if you dont have a passion for it.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #425 on: November 11, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
i like how it says "buy nyjah products" at the end, just to remind me i bought a commercial for 2 euros.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #426 on: November 11, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
I said it in the other nyjah thread and ill say it again, i think i would element should make a board with the photo of the back smith la jolla like the jamie thomas smith, i think i would get it. Part was really fucking good he seems to be having fun man, you see his face when he lands shit you know hes hyped. whether or not you like him you gotta take your hat off, he put together a really good 6 minute part and took some gnarly slams, period.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #427 on: November 11, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
My $3 was compensated for in the first minute of the video... Sack badly, then go and get your trick with a crowd egging you on.  No pressure!!

The rest was sweet sweet gravy.  That kid rules!

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #428 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
man, some of us have been saying it for a while and there's really no denying it now: Nyjah is the best street skater in the world. yeah, we all love Busenitz and PJ and Daewon, but no one's fucking with this kid right now. straight up. no one is as talented at taking really difficult tricks down huge spots atm (and with that kind of consistency.) Chris Cole, P Rod, Shane, etc. are right behind him, but even they aren't fucking with his progression. dude just annihilated it and proved that he's unfuckwithable.

major props, Nyjah.

and what's with some of you saying "that's not my type of skating"? since when was watching a guy take difficult tricks to the next level not cool anymore? you might as well not enjoy Leo or Reynolds or Rowley's skating either since that's all hammer skating that you can't relate to.

(and i'm hyped they used Wayne's "I'm Me". one of my favorite Lil Wayne songs ever. i'm also extra stoked that a lot of you are bummed on the song. deal with it, fagz.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:26:04 PM by smokecrack »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #429 on: November 11, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
I am not a fan of Nyjah at all and find his shit boring. This didn't really make me want to go out and skate like other shit does, but HO-LY FUCK that was amazing. The level of the shit he's doing is insane. The shit he did was so fucking gnarly. The switch big heel and that back lip on the black rail he also 5-0's are just mindblowing. I just can't imagine eating shit on that backlip. Props to the dude.

While it lacked flow, and a bit more lines and all that stuff it definitely made up for it in the gnarliness and skill department.

Hats off to the dude.

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #430 on: November 11, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
 what makes you think that nyjah saying he trains for contests means he doesnt have fun skateboarding?

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #431 on: November 11, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
it must suck to be Sluggers

ripit

• Rep: 5
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:39:08 PM by ripit »

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
Fuck. That switch bigspin heelflip was great.

bob

• Rep: -19
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
Using Lil Waynes song was probably more of a strategy on the sales part. Lets face it.. Every major online Skateboard site can promote the shit out of this video but all it takes is Lil Wayne telling people to check it out boom at least 5% of the people that follow wayne will drop $2-3 on it especially since its on iTunes. Oh the future but this was smart.

Most of Nyjahs sales won't even come from skaters.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #435 on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »
So that's what 8 minutes of enders all stacked in a row looks like. Impressive.

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #436 on: November 11, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Everything I just saw was regular. Not just regular regular, I mean close to Heath regular

Heath is a living Legend, but this is beyond Heath's ability...

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #437 on: November 11, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
i like how it says "buy nyjah products" at the end, just to remind me i bought a commercial for 2 euros.

it was your choice, kid deserves it....nobody is pushing rail skating like that...

latinlover!

• Rep: -5
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
Wow,wow,wow

I don't care about what other say, that video was worth the $2 bucks.

He lacked some lines, but those stunts made up for it.

Sneakmin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
I thought the song was fitting.  Talking about being a young millionaire and how you can't be him, shitting on everyone etc...I really don't understand how he didn't even wince or anything after that back smith mishap.  Just layed there looking disappointed.  I was impressed

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2011, 10:12:54 PM »
havent really got anything that good for 2 dollars in a long time

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
i am genuinely impressed with his ability to take slams like that and get back up and do it again..  much respect, just for that.

this is the way he likes to skate.. this gnar shit. and he is kicking ass.. best part about skating is that its yours, and you can do whatever you want with it, or at least try. for me these days the joy i get out of it is just cruising down the street.. nyjah loves to skate and i hope he always will just like everyone who considers themselves a lifer..  i cant even imagine what he'll be doing in the next 5 years. i hope he doesnt kill himself diving to the flat off a 28 stair

stonerjesus.

• Rep: 3
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »
K, Anyone Wanna Watch It Before Its Down.EDIT::REMOVED
Enders Were Sick. Can't Believe Back-To-Backs. Is It Legit?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:45:22 AM by admin »

Eric Guzman

• Rep: 0
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2011, 11:37:54 PM »
Could somebody please just send me a link, i just want to see it so bad

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
Could somebody please just send me a link, i just want to see it so bad
Dude, right fucking above your post!

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
Fucking amazing. God bless his body joints, so he can keep on raising the bar. Nyjah is skating handrails like they were some ledges.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2011, 12:49:08 AM »
Slap mods must really hate Nyjah.

They were all over every link to P.Rod's Itunes release.

you already said this, you baby-dicked, derpy faggot

The other funny thing is that the Slap mods were all over keeping people from illegally posting the P.Rod vid and now they have let every Nyjah vid post go up not bothering to delete them.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2011, 01:12:05 AM »
I'm thinking the younger generation of skaters are reacting to this the same way the older generation reacted to Pat Duffy's part in Questionable ("HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"). Nyjah's not just doing the gnarliest tricks, he's exhibiting a level of control over handrails and gaps  which is ... otherworldly. The kid is several years ahead of (almost) everyone else, as Pat Duffy was.

And he's only 16.

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #448 on: November 12, 2011, 01:28:32 AM »
nyjah fukn killed it.

nuff said.  8)

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: November 12, 2011, 01:43:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap mods must really hate Nyjah.

They were all over every link to P.Rod's Itunes release.
[close]

you already said this, you baby-dicked, derpy faggot

Expand Quote
The other funny thing is that the Slap mods were all over keeping people from illegally posting the P.Rod vid and now they have let every Nyjah vid post go up not bothering to delete them.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

[close]
[close]

No, before I brought it up, now I am going a step further and suggesting some Slap mods actually do hate Nyjah and are willing and wanting to take money out of Nyjah's pocket in a way they did not when P.Rod released his clip.

In any case it is quite curious.

wait a minute here: are you implying what i think you're implying, sluggers? a SLAP conspiracy?!

i think you're taking me down a really dark and dirty rabbit hole and i'm not sure if i like it......
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:48:42 AM by smokecrack »