Author Topic: Vans Rowley SPV  (Read 1886 times)

Albinskejt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • Japp
Vans Rowley SPV
« on: November 20, 2011, 05:27:41 AM »
Hi guys!
I'm currently living in china and finding shoes that isn't fake here is a bitch, and the fake ones fall apart so fast so I had to try and get something else. Then I stumbled across this Vans store that sells quality stuff but the only shoes they had in my size at the moment were these http://www.tactics.com/vans/rowley-spv-skate-shoes. Looks like they won't last at all but maybe I'm wrong, have anyone else tried them?
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
Re: Vans Rowley SPV
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
i have a pair on right now. I've skated them for maybe 5 minutes because of the weather and such. but i've been wearing them everyday since i got them. They are really thin/slim but I still find them to be comfortable.

Harem

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:34:56 AM »
Hoping to get a pair in black come next pay day  :-*

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 04:03:54 PM »
they blow out pretty easy but until that point it's the best you'll ever feel on a skateboard

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
I haven't had the best experience with Vans Rowley's, but the last pair I had were the ones from 2001. They hurt to skate in so I've stayed away since then.

Vans have been doing some good things for comfort and durability though. I heard the TNT 5's were awesome and have an amazing insole, so if the shop can order you some of those that might be a better bet. Like I said, I haven't tried or heard much feedback about the ones you're asking about. If I was in your position I'd definitely buy them, they look nice and at the very least they're real Vans so probably better than a lot of other stuff you'll find. Good luck.

muk_mb

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:51:23 AM »
I have a pair. They're barely a shoe, which is cool if you're into that.

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »
might just be the thinnest shoe ever.... i use these to cruise and walk around in. also got some really nasty blisters from them before the upper wore in. its just a layer of thin rubber with a pu insole and minimal upper padding. all black ones look sick though

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
I found a pair of old skools, actually never skated old skools before. Skated a bunch of eras before and a couple of half cabs, hopefully they will work just fine!
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 03:08:46 AM »
Im in china too were is this magical store?

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:06 AM »
I found a pair of old skools, actually never skated old skools before. Skated a bunch of eras before and a couple of half cabs, hopefully they will work just fine!

I like skating in old schools, births canvas on the sides rips pretty easily and they can use an aftermarket insole for sure. If you've skated era's that should be no surprise. For skating I would've gone with Rowleys, I haven't bought old schools for skating since I was a teenager and had tougher feet/joints, but when choices are limited you gotta make do.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
If you're lucky, they will last you a whole day. I hated mine.