Author Topic: Morgan Smith  (Read 4003 times)

wigs

Re: Morgan Smith
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 09:19:16 AM »
I cant believe Shane Heyl has a board and Morgan doesnt. That shit is just fucking preposterous.

i agree that morgan smith should be pro, but it is foolish to get angry at baker about blind not giving one of their dudes a pro model. if anything, shane heyl having a guest board on baker illustrates why baker is an awesome company and why blind and dc are corporate sloths who are completely out of touch with real skateboarding.

Zurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 09:27:25 AM »
i dont know if its just the editing necessarily. admittedly, i wasnt feeling rush at all, but i liked the nas song you picked in the older video. i will agree that i like his throwaway edits a little better because theres less southern california footage. i thought this is not a test was a bit heavy on schoolyard spots.

MrGrace

• Rep: -6
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »

Blind supports and stands behind its team
Creager has been on 18 years,Craig since he turned pro,Sheffey,Jake Brown,Cerezini,Duncombe what are you saying?
We take pride in the  Blind Brotherhood to put boards for Kenny Hughes, Scott Kane, Clyde Singleton back on the streets.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 09:50:43 AM »
Expand Quote
I cant believe Shane Heyl has a board and Morgan doesnt. That shit is just fucking preposterous.
[close]

i agree that morgan smith should be pro, but it is foolish to get angry at baker about blind not giving one of their dudes a pro model. if anything, shane heyl having a guest board on baker illustrates why baker is an awesome company and why blind and dc are corporate sloths who are completely out of touch with real skateboarding.

I wasnt mad at baker I was just trying to point out that its a shame that a dude who isnt anywhere near pro status or even am status has a board and you have morgan over here skating better than most pros and constantly killing it not getting the glory of pro status.

Batman

• Rep: -3
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
he deserved a better song

Should've been a hiphop tune

slimeball

• Rep: 0
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
I think it stems from his song choices for me, but also he uses way to much cali footage of Morgans and his Toronto stuff is way more rad. http://kingshitmag.com/videos/208-social-withdrawal-full-video Check his part in Social withdrawal at 6 min in. The whole video is worth watching tho.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
Its understood that he can do all the stock tricks super well. Just like shane o'neil did before his going pro part, morgan should start using his skills to do some groundbreaking, yet stylish shit.or skate different types of spots more.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »
kalis get him fully on dc. pretty pleaaasssseeee

im probably lying

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
For the record I thought that Rush song went amazing with his part. And when the song slows down a couple times, editing in manual tricks worked super well. I have to assume that was done on purpose and it works.

And this is all coming from someone who used to hate rush.... but I think I like them now. If you can tune out geddy leigh's annoying-ass voice the actual music and especially drumming is incredible.

MattMacker

• Rep: -10
  • wat
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
yep every time this gets posted i end up rewatching it and am blown away..dude is wayyy too good.

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »
As much as people want to think Blind supports their riders, they also hurt them as well.  Unfortunately a skaters general image is worth a lot in skateboarding and for many skaters, being on Blind is just bad for business.  Bill Weiss has no idea how to market his riders....or the whole company for that matter....in "this is not a test" Morgan was shown an edit where he was skating to Romar's song.  But when it came out, he was skating to rush.  I'd say that's a shitty move on Weiss' part, especially when that song clashes so much with Morgan's style of skating.  I feel like he just quickly put it together like some amateur editor thinking "Morgan is Canadian and Canadians like Rush so this is a clever song choice"....he's got no taste

Devin did a good job with his footage for sure...so did Blue Tile......actually everyone besides Bill Weiss has done good things with his footage

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 06:50:40 PM »
Dude is short bus good.

Soty2020

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:49 PM »
they're sleepin on sewa too, i think he should go pro with morgan, hes got the tricks and the style

MrGrace

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »
Emilio Esteves
The fact that you said that Rush "clashes to Morgan's style of skating" is one of the best things I have ever read on here
Amazing

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
Weiss blows it on the edits and music, blind art direction blows too, there apparel is straight to zumiez/west 49 shit that no one outside of grade school would touch (except there riders but a few of them have a preference for not sporting blind shirts anyway), they have a stacked team and no direction

MrGrace

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
So lots liked Nas but were mad about Rush but the people who liked Rush were pissed about Nas
Except for some people who listen to all types of music
Nice sausage

PsychOut

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 01:24:58 AM »
he had an interview a few months back and said he didnt want to turn pro yet or something like that and he wanted to film another full part to go with his board

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
Whoever brought up Shane Heyl is fucking stupid, it's not like as long as Shane has a board Morgan can't go pro.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »
Whoever brought up Shane Heyl is fucking stupid, it's not like as long as Shane has a board Morgan can't go pro.

Go back and read, and you will understand what I was getting at.

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 08:51:07 AM »
I hate Blind with a passion. I never buy Blind's shit product but I am going to be at the skate shop the day his board drops to buy it and wall mount it.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

themoustache

• Rep: 26
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
3/4 of that part had me talking out loud to myself, holy shit that was SO banger