Author Topic: Put your money where your mouth is II  (Read 15294 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Put your money where your mouth is II
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no Polar on that list eh ?
[close]

Polar is basically impossible to get in the U.S. unless you're willing to pay $100 for a deck. I want to support Pontus and Polar, but can't for that much.
[close]

thats about how much we pay for regular decks , you guys dont know how lucky you are 50 bucks a board , sheeet we could get 2 for what we pay in europe
[close]

Damn, that sucks. So will it still be that expensive if I want to buy a Polar when I'm in Europe this summer or will it be closer to 50 USD?
[close]

i would guess around 70euros.

Man, Europe sucks.

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
All I ride are Blueprints. I fucks wit them Brits.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
cool, few things.

All the brands you guys are mentioning are all sweet! Of course those are the types of brands I'm talking about.

Theories, is a great place to pick some of this stuff up! Orchard, which I mentioned has hopps, palace, magenta, traffic, stacks, blueprint, and I'm sure a few more!

Let's also spend this moth convincing our local shops to pick some of these brands up!

Can anyone get in touch with Pontus about maybe getting some boards to the US? I bet places like MIA, orchard and Theories would be down to carry it.

I need a coffee

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45:34 PM »
next board i ride will be a traffic ... or a given (←are they still around?)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
cool, few things.

All the brands you guys are mentioning are all sweet! Of course those are the types of brands I'm talking about.

Theories, is a great place to pick some of this stuff up! Orchard, which I mentioned has hopps, palace, magenta, traffic, stacks, blueprint, and I'm sure a few more!

Let's also spend this moth convincing our local shops to pick some of these brands up!

Can anyone get in touch with Pontus about maybe getting some boards to the US? I bet places like MIA, orchard and Theories would be down to carry it.

Orchard has Palace? Sick.  

Don't forget even more local companies/ones that don't really do much advertising or get much attention here. Like for instance, Chicago has Affiliate, Character, and Hated Skates to support (had a Hated before and really liked it). And like other people have said, let's throw Roger and The High 5 up there.

EDIT: Here's Hated's site. $50 board shipped and I'm sure some people will enjoy the beer drinking society shirt. http://www.hatedskateboards.com/store.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:04:43 AM by oyolar »

mongomaestro

• Rep: -41
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 02:09:03 AM »
fucdathipstershit.

im coppin a biotech rodney mullen cyborg ply experimental...

fucn kooks.    ::)

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »
Palace isnt exactly small anymore, but still rad as fuck.

Currently riding this bad boy

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Polar is basically impossible to get in the U.S. unless you're willing to pay $100 for a deck. I want to support Pontus and Polar, but can't for that much.
[close]

thats about how much we pay for regular decks , you guys dont know how lucky you are 50 bucks a board , sheeet we could get 2 for what we pay in europe
[close]

Damn, that sucks. So will it still be that expensive if I want to buy a Polar when I'm in Europe this summer or will it be closer to 50 USD?
[close]

[close]

Man, Europe sucks.

It's alright in Britain, Boards here range between ?35-?50
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 03:53:32 AM »
Welcome Skateboards should be on your list.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I would say a lot of people that have been skating for more than three years in the US haven't paid $50 for a board in a while. At least on the west coast we all tend to have friends that work for a shop or are in the industry. I just bought an Alien for $35 today and that's towards the high end of what I'm willing to spend on a board. Then again, if I had a career that afforded me some disposable income, I'm pretty sure I'd buy full price and get more exotic brands. Also, sticker price is usually $55 around these parts. Huge difference, I know. I promise that as soon as I'm not poor I'll buy more small brands and at full price.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:36 AM »
Does Newsoul count? I'm skating one because I'm a Nyberg fanboy

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 05:41:38 AM »
Palace isnt exactly small anymore, but still rad as fuck.

Currently riding this bad boy

Yeah get fabric on the list, dope company

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »
And not one mention of Roger, for shame.

b.v.

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 08:09:16 AM »
If anyone here is having a tough time getting ahold of some awesome smaller companies stuff hit me up.We carry traffic,blueprint,welcome,magenta,slave. Working on getting some hopps and 5boro boards too.
For those of you looking for polar skateboards, I heard pontus was talking to Josh Stewart about carrying them.
Anyways we do mail order all the time, just email me if there is something you want, I can take photos, measure boards etc, and I always load up your box with stickers and whatever other stuff I have laying around.
http://www.35thavenue.com/
[email protected]

trannies and mannies

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »
ScumCo and Voyage should be mentioned as well...

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »
Its a bit putrid having some sort of name for fame list of products that you bought

sorry to piss in the circle jerk
listen to cosmic psychos

Private Dancer

• Rep: -3
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »
a bunch of those brands are backed by big distro (baker boys/syndrome/Antics, Pure) or big money, they are not even close to be underground. New maybe but not home grown

Scumco & Sons, Voyage, Welcome, roger, magenta, polar are definately real underground co.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:14:46 AM by Private Dancer »

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
OKay!

So again, everyone is mentioning great brands! 5boro and Roger are perfect examples of what I'm talking about as are things like Affiliate and Hated! So, yeah, those all count twoards what I'm talking about!

As far as some of the brands being "too big" well, this isn't just about the size of the brand, it's about brands that are doing awesome stuff and maybe don't get the love they deserve, I'd say blueprint and Stereo fit into this category. I don't think you guys realize how small some of these brands actually are.

Next, thanks to 35th Ave!!! love that someone gets this and is down to step up!

If any brands want to chip on on this you can PM me and send me stuff to give away! Or maybe hit up orchard and 35th and offer them some deals they can pass on to costumers!
I need a coffee

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
cool, few things.

[close]

Orchard has Palace? Sick.  

Don't forget even more local companies/ones that don't really do much advertising or get much attention here. Like for instance, Chicago has Affiliate, Character, and Hated Skates to support (had a Hated before and really liked it). And like other people have said, let's throw Roger and The High 5 up there.

EDIT: Here's Hated's site. $50 board shipped and I'm sure some people will enjoy the beer drinking society shirt. http://www.hatedskateboards.com/store.html

I've skated a Character, got it at that Art Walk shit that was going on for that little shop opening in Waukegan last summer. It was a really good board but havent had one since then.

I really want a Magenta or Palace, and it sucks Theories has neither right now. Even though I dont like ordering decks online I would from Josh cus I like supporting him. Besides I dont even know if Palace makes 8.25's

Soty2020

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no love for raw?
[close]

RAW is whack
[close]

how is it whack its the same wood as zoo york and hopps

the guys that run it are deuce bags and dont take care of their riders

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
[img]http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/144/d6a5cff73c224312b9857650c2888314/l.jpg/img]

Riding a Magenta now and it's lovely.  I'm gonna try a Hopps next.  Funny you should mention Orchard, I was just ordering a hat from them.  I wish they had more shit available online.

soon if I'm not mistaken! But you could always call them and ask for what you're looking for, good guys over there.
I need a coffee

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no love for raw?
[close]

RAW is whack
[close]

[close]

The dudes that run RAW are two of the hardest working dudes I know.  They go out of there way to take care of everyone that supports them and everyone they support.  I haven't rode anything but a RAW board for the last 2 years, yeah the wood is amazing the shapes are better but supporting dudes who wake up everyday and work as hard as they do makes it that much easier to support them.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:14 AM »

Riding a Magenta now and it's lovely.  I'm gonna try a Hopps next.  Funny you should mention Orchard, I was just ordering a hat from them.  I wish they had more shit available online.
Hate if you ever need or want anything, feel free to call the shop, info is on the site in my sig.  Anyone else too.  We carry almost every single small brand mentioned in this thread! If it's not on our site its on our wall and we'll ship out usually same day. 

Josh will have Palace and Magenta in within a week.  We have a couple Magenta decks instock at the moment.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »

my deck

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
Western Edition, and Waters and Army.  To awesome brands worth supporting as well.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
add music, open, homegrown and telegraph to that list! all good shit i've skated in the last year or two.

fuck yeah homegrown!

i'll probably be rocking a scumlife deck next time i get around to purchasing one...

http://youarescum.blogspot.ca/

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
anybody know any online shops that carry western edition?

nobody around me carries them.

life support

• Rep: 6
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »
Support small brand...

Small brand becomes huge...

Talk shit on now huge brand for selling out...

blah

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no love for raw?
[close]

RAW is whack
[close]

[close]

[close]
The dudes that run RAW are two of the hardest working dudes I know.  They go out of there way to take care of everyone that supports them and everyone they support.  I haven't rode anything but a RAW board for the last 2 years, yeah the wood is amazing the shapes are better but supporting dudes who wake up everyday and work as hard as they do makes it that much easier to support them.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Man, Europe sucks.
If you happen to be and buy one in Germany, it should cost around 50 Euros... not too expensive as the distribution of Polar is based in Germany
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
If anyone here is having a tough time getting ahold of some awesome smaller companies stuff hit me up.We carry traffic,blueprint,welcome,magenta,slave. Working on getting some hopps and 5boro boards too.
For those of you looking for polar skateboards, I heard pontus was talking to Josh Stewart about carrying them.
Anyways we do mail order all the time, just email me if there is something you want, I can take photos, measure boards etc, and I always load up your box with stickers and whatever other stuff I have laying around.
http://www.35thavenue.com/
[email protected]
This would make me so happy.