Author Topic: harmony  (Read 2091 times)

harryjuhnke

harmony
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:17:44 AM »
i ve been on the slap board for quite a while, but never felt the desire to post.

now i read the 20 questions thing with josh harmony in an older transworld, which led me to the conclusion that this guy is totally regular. he goes wild about his religious shit, which is bad enough, and doesn t even have the slightest knowlege to back it.

for instance he s being asked if a hindu knowing about christianity but still chooses to be a hindu might go to hell. his reply s i don t know and goes on about jugement day. -he doesn t know? what s there to ask about?
a person doesn t go to hell for being a hindu, but for having lead a bad life.

another one is the question if a preacher s always right, to which he answeres- there s no way a preacher s always right, because sometimes they molest kids.
total person

harryjuhnke

Re: harmony
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:52 AM »
oh, and on a side note- i don t believe in any religion and whaterver comes with it.

clay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:22:36 AM »
you just had to, didnt you

loophole

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:35:13 AM »
yes, tis apparent you have been lurking for some time now.

Date Registered: November 05, 2006, 08:38:16 am

headache

• Rep: -5
  • SHUTTHEFUCKUP!
    • Three stripe hype avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:49:43 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

That's like two years in Slap message board time.
A dingo hyena ate my baby.

loophole

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That's like two years in Slap message board time.

i guess when it comes to time in slap you are the epitome.

Date Registered: October 13, 2006, 10:02:59 am

Fenris

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »
Harmony's sick, and doesn't seem to act like an idiot about religion to me.

It's known that he's super into it, but he's not like Jereme Rodgers where he sounds totally possessed by it, and he doesn't try and get everyone into it either.

In fact, if you're going to be religious, take Josh Harmony's example.  Not Christian Hosoi or Jereme's.

Or Lennie Kirk's.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1998
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 06:07:44 AM »
well, i used to be a christian but i went a different path in life, but consider this... the bible said that at the end of the day (judgment day), the only judgement on people that matter was gods.... harmony probably said that because he knows that at the end of the day, the final decision on who goes to hell or heaven is up to god... maybe thats why he choose to answer that question that way...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lurkstatus

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
tight thread.

fido

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 11:11:04 AM »
I agree, the real problem with the religion thing comes with someone like Hosoi, who is now "forgiven" and uses it as a shield of self - righteousness.  It becomes more than just a belief system but their whole being, and you have to wonder why they feel the need to espouse their beliefs so loudly, are they trying to convince themselves or convert us?  I especially like it when the whole "forgiven" thing can be used as an all purpose eraser to alleviate any responsibility or accountability for past indiscretions.
Sure makes for an image that sells, tho.  Even when the ability is perhaps a bit lacking.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »

gayderick

• Rep: -3
  • [quote author=S-Town Holla! link=topic=5625.msg144
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 06:17:07 PM »
i ve been on the slap board for quite a while, but never felt the desire to post.

now i read the 20 questions thing with josh harmony in an older transworld, which led me to the conclusion that this guy is totally regular. he goes wild about his religious shit, which is bad enough, and doesn t even have the slightest knowlege to back it.

for instance he s being asked if a hindu knowing about christianity but still chooses to be a hindu might go to hell. his reply s i don t know and goes on about jugement day. -he doesn t know? what s there to ask about?

another one is the question if a preacher s always right, to which he answeres- there s no way a preacher s always right, because sometimes they molest kids.
total person

you registered 2 days ago.....

harryjuhnke

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 03:38:37 AM »
i registered two days ago because of this post- why do i need to register when i felt no desire to write something in here myself?

loophole

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 04:19:56 AM »
we only recently have we allowed memberless lurking

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »

If you don't believe in religion, how do you have a belief about heaven? I don't believe in religion, I think there is no way to get into heaven, and that when you die, worms eat you.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

uruguay

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 12:45:54 PM »
yeah, worms eat your body.  now explain total lack of conciousness and how anything exists if your sole conciousness which percieves it does not, mr matter of fact.  by the way, i don't believe in "heaven" per se either, but, you can't destroy energy.

Mr. Pink

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »
Just to throw out the other side of the argument, a hindu, no matter how good he/she has lived their lives would go to hell, in essense for being hindu, because the bible has said accepting Jesus as your redeemer is the only way to obtain eternal life in heaven. And hindu's don't awknowledge Jesus as the son of God, so.... Fire and Brimstone for them!

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »
*insert "the room of those who care"-picture

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »
yeah, worms eat your body.  now explain total lack of conciousness and how anything exists if your sole conciousness which percieves it does not, mr matter of fact.  by the way, i don't believe in "heaven" per se either, but, you can't destroy energy.
I'll explain the total lack of consciousness. Its a lot like the total lack of consciousness you have before you are alive. Your blood stops flowing, your brain stops sending out signals to the rest of your body, and stops functioning entirely. Your brain is what makes you conscious. If it doesn't work. You don't think. Period.  The question you ask about how anything exists if the only way I know it does is based on my peerception of it is a different issue. Its like Des Cartes and "I think, therefore I am." However, if the reality exists as I perceive it, and this argument between me and you is going on. Then when you die, and your brain stops functioning, you have no consciousness, and no mind. Worms eating your body get energy from it. less the energy you expel in death.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

uruguay

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »
oh, how reasonable of you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:34:22 PM by uruguay »

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 07:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Harmony's sick, and doesn't seem to act like an idiot about religion to me.

It's known that he's super into it, but he's not like Jereme Rodgers where he sounds totally possessed by it, and he doesn't try and get everyone into it either.

In fact, if you're going to be religious, take Josh Harmony's example.  Not Christian Hosoi or Jereme's.
[close]

Or Lennie Kirk's.

JT.