Author Topic: best trick you've landed that you can't do anymore  (Read 10800 times)

BarcelonaCEO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Re: best trick you've landed that you can't do anymore
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
I guess kickflip nosegrinds pop outs, I dont feel like skating ledges again, or maybe I need a pj ladd part

lurka lurka

• Rep: 2
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
blunt fakie. used to have em on lock, now i'm terrified to stick one.

Buffins.

• Rep: 25
  • Check your Grapes.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
I swear to god I had one day of nollie inward heels that were about a foot high at South Bank. When I landed them I nearly started crying and masturbating at the same time.

Whenever I try one now I look like a disabled person doing star jumps while my board fucks off in another direction.

I'll never forget that day of nollie inward heels AKA "The best day of my life".

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Frontside 50-50's AND frontside 5-0's. Seriously. I had em pretty good this summer... and then college happened. Now I just end up on top of the ledge.

Fakie heel. Landed this ONCE on the classic "my friend just got back into skating, let's fuck around in the street" session. Gone, but not forgotten.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2012, 09:46:05 AM »
jumping down stairs

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
Nollie Tre's. Had them for like a week and now I can never land on them.

dankradschwag

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
fs halfcab flip, dont know how i did them, havent done one in years, but now it looks like i've never done one.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
half cab heels. I had em pretty solid for a couple of years then one day they went away. And for a minute i was getting 360 flips, now they too are just a memory of a youth gone by. ::tear::

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »
Bs Lipslides. I learned them pretty quick after learning backtails. Got overconfident and tried to do a long one on this flatrail hauling ass, slipped out and broke some fingers. So now every time I setup to relearn them, I get like Maverick in the last dog fight of Top Gun and I'm like "No, it's no good." and end up just rolling right past the rail. Its dumb because I still do nollie bs lips.

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Switch Tre's come and go and i landed fakie ollie to back blunt for a very short time before i blew my ankle out came back and havent done one since...but i havent tried it either, i just think i cant do em anymore since i dont pop as high i used to

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
Once landed a switch Hardflip. I use to take a flat bar to this school to do small lines skating the bench and flat bar. I did a simple run and ended up landing a fs lipslide to fake. I was going to do a switch flip at the end but decided I'll try to do a switch hardflip instead. Ended up landing it and rolled away. I couldn't believe it. I haven't been able to do it since.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2012, 11:50:07 PM »
landed 2 front nose front 270 ala organikarl....want to be able to do em consistently, but i've never been the most consistent ledge skater.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »
there are to many tricks i couldn't possibly list them all here.

laser flips. back when yeah right came out and marc johnson was leading the way with laser flips. before they were common place like today. I saw the yeah right and immediately figured them out. I did them all over the place including down a rather large gap. I was 'that laser flip guy' for a little while. but then i stopped and haven't landed a single one since.

there are dozens of late flip variations i learned on a whim. Usually i would have them for games of skate. but they wouldn't last long.

kickflip back tails. this pisses me off as they are such a great trick but for whatever reason i cant do them anymore.

inward heels. controversial opinions, but I love inward heels. I had them for a while but these days i cant even get close. I still have them nollie.

crooked grinds! these used to be basic and i honestly dont know what happened. Fs crooks though, i can grind for days.