Author Topic: best trick you've landed that you can't do anymore  (Read 10834 times)

interesante

Re: best trick you've landed that you can't do anymore
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
nollie heelfip primo slide i dont wanna do it again

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
switch heel, only really landed one
frontside flips, I had them for a week last year, completely lost them and landed two yesterday. then, I couldn't do another one for my life
used to be able to back no comply and no comply handslap flip

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
nollie noseblunts on flat rails. also fakie hardflips.

Archers of Chaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »
Had fakie hardflips pretty good for a teeny while, like one every three or four tries. Then I stopped trying them for like two weeks and now I can't do them at all anymore. Everytime I try them now the board always lands upside down, cant get that last flip.
Varial heels, fakie frontside flips, and fakie front big reverts (fakie frontside gazelle spin? Im not good with trick names) are all tricks that i lose then get back all the time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:59:08 AM by Archers of Chaka »

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
backside bluntslides. planning on putting in some work trying to re-learn those as soon as i can.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »
Switch 360 flips and nollie inward heels.

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 02:39:37 AM »
Kickflip noseslides were literally a joke they were so easy and for a few years too. Randomly impossible for me for the last couple of years now.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
not a specific trick but stairs and gaps in general, used to do much bigger ones than i can take now.

As for one trick, i used to have halfcab flips on lock, like 9 out of 10 tries, now its probably only about 2 out of 10

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 05:05:06 AM »
switch heel, only really landed one
frontside flips, I had them for a week last year, completely lost them and landed two yesterday. then, I couldn't do another one for my life
used to be able to back no comply and no comply handslap flip
Fun, but will occasionally hurt your hand real bad.

LIVEfromthe3one5

• Rep: 11
    • East Coast Raw avatar image
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Frontside noseblunts, I had them real nice, could slidem for a good distance, had them for like a week, now they're gone, doubt I could even skid them a few inches on a curb now without sticking. Sucks because it was a fun trick while it lasted
"We get the boosters boosting,we get computers putin,you get shot at,call me I'll do the shooting,I do the recruiting, I tutor the students, I nurture they brain, We moving the Movement!"
http://cornerstorebodega.tumblr.com/

-N.S.S.P-

El Barto

• Rep: -3
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
poped front shoves had them for a while, then stopped and cant do them at all

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »
My ledge game is really weak, but kickflip front noseslides came pretty easy to me for some reason. I doubt I could even lock into one with enough speed to even slide the damn thing now.

I had frontside flips pretty dialed one summer many years ago. Lost them over the winter and now I can't even come close. They go flying way off to the side and it feels like I have to jump so far to catch them. That, or they just rotate 90 degrees.

Lost fakie frontside heels too.

Waterfoul

• Rep: 0
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
In all seriousness, Kickflips. I used to have them good and popped, but now they just rocket. I can do them switch every try, into back tails, nosegrinds. I don't know why they just refuse to work on flat.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:43:41 PM by Waterfoul »

catfish

• Rep: -2
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
landed a switch front crook once but then winter came and after 4 months of not skating i never
bothered to try one again

doublesteveburger

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
in the last year i've found myself having much more fun skating flat/ledges/manny pads.
skating gaps and stairs has lost it's appeal; at least to me.
i don't know if it's cause i'm getting older or cause the amount of injuries that skating gaps/stairs has given me made a huge pussy...

i don't think it's that though cause i have a huge dick.

Swishersweetswag

• Rep: -2
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
Switch flip feeble.

victor333

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »
My ledge game is really weak, but kickflip front noseslides came pretty easy to me for some reason. I doubt I could even lock into one with enough speed to even slide the damn thing now.

I had frontside flips pretty dialed one summer many years ago. Lost them over the winter and now I can't even come close. They go flying way off to the side and it feels like I have to jump so far to catch them. That, or they just rotate 90 degrees.

It helps me to do them rolling down a slight hill. Hell, I think that makes almost every trick easier.

I angle my back foot more than Drew, as in pointed slightly more towards the nose. Front foot in the middle of the board at almost the same angle as my back foot, but not as pointed towards the nose. I definitely don't put my front foot in my kickflip spot.

Also, when you're trying to get that 180, I know what you mean about feeling like you have to jump far. Keep in mind I don't have these super dialed, but when I get a good one, it feels almost like a hardflip rather than a front 180. I know, I know, the board DOES do a hardflip. But don't think of the trick as a 180 kickflip; think of it as a hardflip with a body rotation.

Drew is fucking boss at them and HE does frontside 180 kickflips. I can't pop my shit like that, so my flick foot has to do that quick under over motion. Also, just hang your legs up as long as you can. It's a trick I really have to be conscious of and make sure I hold my legs up until the board comes around.

sorry for the book, but I hope it helps...someone at least

LazyEinstein

• Rep: -138
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It helps me to do them rolling down a slight hill. Hell, I think that makes almost every trick easier.

I angle my back foot more than Drew, as in pointed slightly more towards the nose. Front foot in the middle of the board at almost the same angle as my back foot, but not as pointed towards the nose. I definitely don't put my front foot in my kickflip spot.

Also, when you're trying to get that 180, I know what you mean about feeling like you have to jump far. Keep in mind I don't have these super dialed, but when I get a good one, it feels almost like a hardflip rather than a front 180. I know, I know, the board DOES do a hardflip. But don't think of the trick as a 180 kickflip; think of it as a hardflip with a body rotation.

Drew is fucking boss at them and HE does frontside 180 kickflips. I can't pop my shit like that, so my flick foot has to do that quick under over motion. Also, just hang your legs up as long as you can. It's a trick I really have to be conscious of and make sure I hold my legs up until the board comes around.

sorry for the book, but I hope it helps...someone at least

That Reynolds video literally made my reg and switch frontside flips perfect.
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
Bitches. Haven't landed one in forever.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My fuckin bs flips are gone! It used to be one of my go-to tricks! I dont get it
[close]

An older guy told me this secret that works for me.
Dont take your eyes off your back foot. Seems to work wonders
for both my backside flips & back 180.
[close]

this is true!

This actually worked really well for me.

Samuel Gorgompus

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
I did an inward heelflip once.

vulc

• Rep: -49
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
nf ng n bs 360 hf out. wut

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 918
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
i had no comply front 360 for awhile, but theyve escaped me. oh well

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
I landed ONE front heel last summer, perfect and all that crap, but I can't even get close now.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
i used to be able to do varial heel 50/50s.  if i kept up, maybe i could have done them to manual or 5-0, or even nose grind.  I stopped because it felt and looked gross to me. 

doublesteveburger

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
i used to be able to do varial heel 50/50s.?  if i kept up, maybe i could have done them to manual or 5-0, or even nose grind.?  I stopped because it felt and looked gross to me.? 

how insane would a varial heel front nose grind look

mind blown

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
i went to do a fs noseslide and ended up doing an amazing front crook, never landed one since.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2012, 03:00:49 AM »
Switch back heels used to be the apex of my flip trick game. Now I look more like Gator trying to skate street.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

lurka lurka

• Rep: 2
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
so many i don't know where to start. landed a switch heel the other day out of the blue. hadn't done one in like 10 years, tried a few landed the third or fourth one then went right back to not even fully flipping them again. same with nollie heels. haven't reeled one of those in in over a decade.

tre flips. fuck those come and go all the time but i haven't had em good since i was a kid.

frontside 5050s. no joke. i can do em, but its a struggle. broke my wrist into a million pieces on a rail like 12 or 13 years ago. ever since frontside 5050s freak me out. 5-0s, smiths, no prob. but a goddamn 5050, no way.

regular frontside flips. i can do em switch, half cab and i can do reg fs flips on miniramps, but i haven't had good flatground frontside flips ever except for the first day i learned em. learned em one day, spent like 6 hours doing em over and over again. woke up next day, they were gone and never to return. except on tranny. or switch. wtf.

back tails to regular. once i learned to shuvit out, landing to regs disappeared forever. now i can only shuv or sometimes bigspin out. can't do it to regular to save my life.

cabs and hardflips. these and bs flips were my go to tricks. stairs, gaps, bumps, off or over anything. go to. now i can't even flip a hardflip no matter where i put my feet and my cabs look like straight poop.

kickflips. gawd i look terrible doing em now days. they used to flick, now they're more of a flop. and forget going up anything anymore. i'm lucky if i can land 5 in a day.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »
Nollie 360 kickflip

I only landed a few of them and just gave up because they are difficult to control.