Author Topic: Jr seau kills himself  (Read 5449 times)

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
Re: Jr seau kills himself
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
I am not the biggest sports guy, but I would never wish this on anyone.

baconeggandcheese

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
This is fucking horrible  :'( Seau was a true legend.  My guess would be that he suffered from serious depression due to repeated head injuries from playing in the league for so long, as many other veterans have and do.  The NFL is going to have some serious thinking to do after this one, and another big backlash from former players.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
a life of hart hits, concussions, alegged steriod abuse leads to a short post football life, sad.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »
That sucks. Seau was a dope player. You never know how players are outside their comfort zone.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dankradschwag

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »
yeah this is really sad, he seemed like a stand up guy and someone that would never do this. its odd how the guys you'd never expect to have crazy stuff like this happen to are the ones it happens to, just like stev mcnair.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
Holy shit.

Eli Manning is responsible for this.

18-1

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
This is fucking horrible  :'( Seau was a true legend.  My guess would be that he suffered from serious depression due to repeated head injuries from playing in the league for so long, as many other veterans have and do.  The NFL is going to have some serious thinking to do after this one, and another big backlash from former players.
No they aren't. This sort of shit is super common, and the NFL doesn't give a shit. As long as more rednecks worship qb's on sunday than Jesus, there is no way the NFL will reexamine shit.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:31 PM »
RIP

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
damn that's 8 players that died from that 94 chargers team  :(

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
No they aren't. This sort of shit is super common, and the NFL doesn't give a shit. As long as more rednecks worship qb's on sunday than Jesus, there is no way the NFL will reexamine shit.

seriously though, what do people want the nfl to do? making football safe from concussions would mean just not playing football. which is fine by me but i imagine the nfl and millions of psychotic dads and their turd offspring would see it differently.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 05:41:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

seriously though, what do people want the nfl to do? making football safe from concussions would mean just not playing football. which is fine by me but i imagine the nfl and millions of psychotic dads and their turd offspring would see it differently.

The only thing I wan the NFL to do is push coaches to not force players to keep playing after head injuries and concussions.  I said that though because the players association has been making a bigger deal about this in recent years, and now they are going to be making an even bigger fuss, which I think is good, It's sad hearing stories of guys who were encouraged to play with injuries, and now are practically brain dead vegetables who are severely depressed, which is very common.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
damn that's 8 players that died from that 94 chargers team  :(

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
Say it Ain't Seau.

Forreal, shit sucks.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

The only thing I wan the NFL to do is push coaches to not force players to keep playing after head injuries and concussions.  I said that though because the players association has been making a bigger deal about this in recent years, and now they are going to be making an even bigger fuss, which I think is good, It's sad hearing stories of guys who were encouraged to play with injuries, and now are practically brain dead vegetables who are severely depressed, which is very common.

Dude, a huge percentage of NFL players end up with serious brain damage or disabilities. No contract shifts will change that, they run into each other head first for a living.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53:36 AM »
dude played for 3 teams I hated, but I still respected him for how he played. This sadly isn't  a huge shock since this shit has been happening often. RIP
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude, a huge percentage of NFL players end up with serious brain damage or disabilities. No contract shifts will change that, they run into each other head first for a living.
that is  for sure fact. even post NCAA, people are heavily disabled or crippled years after. yes it is an issue that sound be looked over, but in the en, the NFL and the NCAA are businesses. the players are commodities for profit. it's fucked up. but either way. RIP to a usc and charger legend

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

they don't, really. Most of it is the players. They get contracts that depend on performance, so a player may get a concussion and either not tell the coach, or will say he hurt his ankle so he can sit down for a few minutes and then go back in. But if the player doesn't get x number of yards, he doesn't get that bonus payment. I'm sure coaches sometimes call a player a pussy and put him back in, but often times it's the players themselves that want to keep going.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
that is  for sure fact. even post NCAA, people are heavily disabled or crippled years after. yes it is an issue that sound be looked over, but in the en, the NFL and the NCAA are businesses. the players are commodities for profit. it's fucked up. but either way. RIP to a usc and charger legend
They either need to ban it outright or stop complaining that they keep ending up dead. I personally support the former more than the latter, but know the latter is what will happen.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »
Roger Goodell will slowly but surely neuter the NFL - he's coming down hard on the Saints for the bounty program, he made them remove the "jacked up" highlights Chris Berman used to do, they rarely replay the good hits during games etc.

Tons of older players are suing the NFL claiming they were not made aware of the dangers of the game, etc. The latest with Seau is just another to add to the list - his notoriety brings more heat on the issue.

Interesting / Sickening take on the whole Seau suicide I've heard - he shot himself in the chest so they can still examine and study his brain during the autopsy.

BleacherReport.com wrote this articled entitled "junior-seaus-death-could-signal-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-the-nfl" - but it's since been pulled...surprise...

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
Dude was the Karl Watson of NFL linebackers. Brought respect to the same position and the same division that Bill Romanowski fucked up.

Concussions and off-season pick-up basketball are ruining the art of playing defense.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
One of the best linebackers of our generation.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=61869.msg1676922#msg1676922 date=1336066662
Roger Goodell will slowly but surely neuter the NFL - he's coming down hard on the Saints for the bounty program, he made them remove the "jacked up" highlights Chris Berman used to do, they rarely replay the good hits during games etc.

Tons of older players are suing the NFL claiming they were not made aware of the dangers of the game, etc. The latest with Seau is just another to add to the list - his notoriety brings more heat on the issue.

Interesting / Sickening take on the whole Seau suicide I've heard - he shot himself in the chest so they can still examine and study his brain during the autopsy.

BleacherReport.com wrote this articled entitled "junior-seaus-death-could-signal-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-the-nfl" - but it's since been pulled...surprise...

Punitive damages to a team who set out to win by destroying other teams instead of beating them with talent isn't exactly neutering.  Goodell is an asshole, but if you're complaining about that it might be time for you (and everyone else cheering when people get taken off the field in stretchers) to migrate over to UFC.

The physicality is one part of the entertainment in sports, but the level at which the focus continues to shift onto it is frightening.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=61869.msg1676922#msg1676922 date=1336066662
Expand Quote

[close]

Punitive damages to a team who set out to win by destroying other teams instead of beating them with talent isn't exactly neutering.  Goodell is an asshole, but if you're complaining about that it might be time for you (and everyone else cheering when people get taken off the field in stretchers) to migrate over to UFC.

The physicality is one part of the entertainment in sports, but the level at which the focus continues to shift onto it is frightening.

I know - I feel you, that's just more or less the "cry" from the public you will be hearing. All I was trying to say.

As for dopey UFC...Boxing > UFC

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »
Say it Ain't Seau.

I'm afraid it was Seauicide.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
bill romanowski, pikachu, ray j, and chamillionaire.

rob2

• Rep: 4
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »

Dave Duerson also requested the same thing, the NFL in fact has a brain bank. This is a good article about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/jul/19/nfl-star-brain-injuries-destroyed

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »
NY Times did a great three part feature on Derek Boogard /his death and how the brain trauma led up to it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-boy-learns-to-brawl.html?pagewanted=all

There has been a lot of talk in the media about whether a legitimate ban for fighting (issuing suspension and monetary damages, etc. as opposed to minor in-game penalties,) this sums shit up pretty well:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2012/04/hockey-violence-blackhawks.html?mbid=social_mobile_FBshare&t=Violence+in+Hockey+%3A+The+New+Yorker

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 10:57:19 PM »
Fighting is clearly overlooked in hockey.