Author Topic: Erik ellington interview  (Read 23435 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
Re: Erik ellington interview
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:04 AM »
forever young, stay gold

Anyways,

downsyder

• Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 05:26:40 AM »
good read.
wonder if were gonna see interviews like this from lizard, baca and crew in 10 years time

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:41:23 AM »
I think he is very lucky to be as healthy as he is.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »
This shit is not cool.  I love EE and he's being honest and all but partying heavy with hard drugs is not cool, kids. 

Kids read into that like, "Oh, Ellington used to smoke crack.  He turned out good.  He's a successful business owner, still rich and famous, I bet I can handle it, it must be okay then..."

That shit is straight up poison.  Ever seen anybody on that shit up close?  The other 90% of people that messed with that shit end up strung out, unemployed and fucked for a long time.  Don't believe it.

Thank god I never touched and will never touch that bullshit.

This

He is very lucky to have managed to stay away from that shit...ellingtons fucking rad

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:44:17 AM »
wah wah wah...stfu pussies

David Schwimmer

• Rep: -27
    • http://orgasmicabyss.tumblr.com/ avatar image
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 07:10:26 AM »
This shit is not cool.  I love EE and he's being honest and all but partying heavy with hard drugs is not cool, kids.  

Kids read into that like, "Oh, Ellington used to smoke crack.  He turned out good.  He's a successful business owner, still rich and famous, I bet I can handle it, it must be okay then..."

That shit is straight up poison.  Ever seen anybody on that shit up close?  The other 90% of people that messed with that shit end up strung out, unemployed and fucked for a long time.  Don't believe it.

Sorry bro

Do you want him to candy coat it? He's just being honest, and specifically says it's bad over and over.
He is extremely lucky, and drugs are everywhere but it's not gonna be Ellington who throws their life away.
When your older you should hide all the Baker videos from your children, and show them all Element videos and then
see how fucked up they get.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:27:28 AM by David Schwimmer »
We were on a break

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
Thanks for the read , Ellington is rad

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
Before every part of Ellington Ive seen since "this is skateboarding" i keep thinking he is going to slow down and release a stinker of a part. This has yet to happen. Ellington isn't a mule, he is a fucking ox, and i don't see him slowing down anytime soon.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
Interviews are interviews . Be happy ppl are honest in them instead of lying about it

Ellington is the fucking shit . Stoked on him since the zero days . Only supras I buy and mostly ride DW boards

Francis Lionel Delbuchi

• Rep: -5
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 08:41:33 AM »
hard drugs are a dangerous game, but you two up there are kidding yourselves to act like many, many people don't dabble and escaped unscathed. people, kids especially, need a realistic portrait of drugs. smoking crack can get bad very quickly, but even crack is not a 'you try it, you end up on COPS' situation.

i thought it was sick to hear about ellington's health food regime; i'm on a similar program, and it's always cool to find out when someone who isn't all matt fielded out doing the same. treating your body well and being knowledgeable about nutrition should not need to come hand-in-hand with being a modern primitive dork. i think it's that kind of stigma that stops a lot of people from getting into health food. most skaters i know eat like shit, even if they exercise and are sober, and take a reverse snobbery, ignorant caveman stance like 'i want food that doesn't like bark/i'm not some hippy fag'.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »
Ellington is the best dude. I have always loved his unique psuedo sketchy style. Nicest guy in the Biz too.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

David Schwimmer

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This shit is not cool.  I love EE and he's being honest and all but partying heavy with hard drugs is not cool, kids.  

Kids read into that like, "Oh, Ellington used to smoke crack.  He turned out good.  He's a successful business owner, still rich and famous, I bet I can handle it, it must be okay then..."

That shit is straight up poison.  Ever seen anybody on that shit up close?  The other 90% of people that messed with that shit end up strung out, unemployed and fucked for a long time.  Don't believe it.

[close]

Sorry bro

Do you want him to candy coat it? He's just being honest, and specifically says it's bad over and over.
He is extremely lucky, and drugs are everywhere but it's not gonna be Ellington who throws their life away.
When your older you should hide all the Baker videos from your children, and show them all Element videos and then
see how fucked up they get.

[close]
Are you on the pipe, Schwimmer?  Something has drastically changed in your demeanor as of late.

I said I love EE.  I'm not hating on him at all. "This Shit" was referring to crack, not EE.

I'm surprised at the hate.

You know what I'm sorry, after all this time talking about the good of Slapkind and the fate of our posts
I've come to this, choosing to pick on Darrin Lee because in fact he had an opinion. I'm utter loss of words
and will rethink my actions in hope of better judgment next time Darrin, I love you. I'm sorry

-Dave
We were on a break

managuense

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
i dont know, in 2012 i dont think too many kids even have the desire to smoke crack. maybe kids who already have bad coke habits and cant afford it, but theyre already fucking up. meth is another story though

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »
sick and honest interview. i always liked ee since i saw misled youth, crazy that he skated for axion at one time.  i really dig this trent of these websites like jenkem and this one that post these interviews of skaters.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
THIS INTERVIEW IS BULLSHIT I SMOKED CRACK WITH ELLINGTON NOT TOO LONG AGO IM SERIOUS FREE MAX B
FREE MAX B

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 11:24:34 AM »
hard drugs are a dangerous game, but you two up there are kidding yourselves to act like many, many people don't dabble and escaped unscathed. people, kids especially, need a realistic portrait of drugs. smoking crack can get bad very quickly, but even crack is not a 'you try it, you end up on COPS' situation.

i thought it was sick to hear about ellington's health food regime; i'm on a similar program, and it's always cool to find out when someone who isn't all matt fielded out doing the same. treating your body well and being knowledgeable about nutrition should not need to come hand-in-hand with being a modern primitive dork. i think it's that kind of stigma that stops a lot of people from getting into health food. most skaters i know eat like shit, even if they exercise and are sober, and take a reverse snobbery, ignorant caveman stance like 'i want food that doesn't like bark/i'm not some hippy fag'.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • the moon rules
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
this is going to turn into one of those threads where people talk about their drug addicted pasts while other people try to argue it with them. see you on page 7
fuck you bama

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »

Calm down there, Tipper Gore. An interview is where a person talks about their life and what happened, not a PSA. He doesn't (and shouldn't) need to preach to anyone. He got asked a question about his life, and he answered it.

That was a good little interview.

Edit: Also, you talk about drugs the way a 16 year old kid who has never done drugs does. Not saying being a kid who hasn't done them is a bad thing... it just sounds like you have an uneducated opinion.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:02:00 PM by via »

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »
I find it amazing that someone who has been as gnarly as Erik for so long has never been to the hospital for anything skate related.  Dude still goes big, but used to go huge. 

DopeMan

• Rep: -12
  • Get Money Addict
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
Shit The Mule smoked crack!?...I'm bout to smoke crack too then...psshhh...Its not like he said it in Transworld or something....

managuense

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
Shit The Mule smoked crack!?...I'm bout to smoke crack too then...psshhh...Its not like he said it in Transworld or something....
pretty sure all the og baker pissdrunx guys fucked around with crack

Joe Pesci

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
as someone who has never smoked crack i dont think he made it sound like it was ok at all. i also never thought ellington was into any of the drugs that gnarly, i thought he was one of the people that just smoked weed sometimes and drank a lot

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 11:17:10 AM »
smoking crack is fun

victor333

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
smoking crack is fun

You heard it here, folks!

Crack is fun after all

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Calm down there, Tipper Gore. An interview is where a person talks about their life and what happened, not a PSA. He doesn't (and shouldn't) need to preach to anyone. He got asked a question about his life, and he answered it.

That was a good little interview.

Edit: Also, you talk about drugs the way a 16 year old kid who has never done drugs does. Not saying being a kid who hasn't done them is a bad thing... it just sounds like you have an uneducated opinion.
[close]
Your first point is fair, maybe I'm bias.
But believe me, I'm not a kid and I'm educated on the subject.

If you've never done something you can't speak on it with absolute knowledge.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
Weed is the same as crack, the worst drug of all is alcohol.

David Schwimmer

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
Weed is the same as crack, the worst drug of all is alcohol.

Gentlemen, this man is mentally challenged.
We were on a break

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »
I know way more people who have fucked their lives up smoking weed, I can't even count how many, I only know one person who smoked crack, he's actually doing better than the potheads still working as line cooks at 30+, at least he is in university.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »
Just because you can't count, doesn't mean weed is worse than crack.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:35:58 AM by Mouth »
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'