Author Topic: No Motivation .  (Read 1246 times)

DannySoDope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
No Motivation .
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »
Hey , Uhm , you could say I'm a beginner to skateboarding . The problem is , I aint motivated to do these tricks and practice for hours , not even 30 minutes . Can I get someone to give me advice on what will motivate me ? & also things that will overcome my fear ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:07:17 PM by DannySoDope »

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
Re: No Motivation .
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
Hey , Uhm , you could say I'm a beginner to skateboarding , I'm 14 . The problem is , I aint motivated to do these tricks and practice for hours , not even 30 minutes . Can I get someone to give me advice on what will motivate me ? & also things that will overcome my fear ?

Watch some videos/DVD of skating, usually watching other skaters or getting involved more in skateboard culture motivates and inspires me. If your going to improve your tricks, just practice practice practice that's probably the only thing that can help you.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Most the guys who really buckle down and produce the most are reformed junkies/convicts.maybe try a few thingas out, stop skating, then get sober and start again.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DannySoDope

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey , Uhm , you could say I'm a beginner to skateboarding , I'm 14 . The problem is , I aint motivated to do these tricks and practice for hours , not even 30 minutes . Can I get someone to give me advice on what will motivate me ? & also things that will overcome my fear ?
[close]

Watch some videos/DVD of skating, usually watching other skaters or getting involved more in skateboard culture motivates and inspires me. If your going to improve your tricks, just practice practice practice that's probably the only thing that can help you.
Thanks man .

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
Most the guys who really buckle down and produce the most are reformed junkies/convicts.maybe try a few thingas out, stop skating, then get sober and start again.
Oh yeah, maybe when you're older you could take this alternative route.

ontheswarm

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »
The reason we all started skating was because it looks fun. Practicing for hours was fun for me. It still is. The feeling of landing a new trick is like a drug. Just the other day I was skating a spot trying for about thirty minutes to film a trick. When I finally landed it I was so happy and felt so good. I was siked the rest of the day. I quit skating for a long time for drugs. I now have traded one drug for another, skating. Just try to find a person you look up to or like their skating style that gets you siked to go out and do your own thing. The fear thing is hard man. The more you skate the more comfortable you will be on your skateboard.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 12:44:54 AM »
skate with people who're better

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 04:16:54 AM »
if your`re looking for an easy sport you should have bought a scooter.

DannySoDope

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
@Pica , I don't pick a sport on its level of difficulty . I picked this sport because , once you land a trick or something , you feel acclomplished . Am I right or Am I wrong ? Scooters aint my thing anyways . I don't sense accomplishment after landing a trick on a scooter .

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
@Pica , I don't pick a sport on its level of difficulty . I picked this sport because , once you land a trick or something , you feel acclomplished . Am I right or Am I wrong ? Scooters aint my thing anyways . I don't sense accomplishment after landing a trick on a scooter .

that feeling of accomplishment when landing a trick shoul be motivation enough to keep trying.

DannySoDope

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that feeling of accomplishment when landing a trick shoul be motivation enough to keep trying.
Yeah .

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
thought you were dope dude.

DannySoDope

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
thought you were dope dude.
I'm fucking radical dude . I'm sooooo dope

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
jack your moms candles. wax the daylights outa some curb or parking block. grind that shit all night son. find some inspiration *cough*tommy guerrero*  be free and let your heart and soul do the skating.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
Skateboarding is the sort of thing that you have to practice at. 19 years of skating and I am still learning. You're motivation comes from the fun you should be having. There is no magic formula to be motivated and then get better. It will not come easy. There is no endgame. Just enjoy the ride.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
Post on Slap more.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:16 AM »
i understand this kind of, but really you should be hyped on skating. Sometimes i dont really feel like skating a certain day, but if i do anyway i end up still having a good time. If skateboarding isnt doing that for you, then dont do it.

like alot of people said, just cruise and learn whatever, that alone should hype you up to progress in your skating.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
skate with people who're better

yeah skating by yourself blows but if skate with people who are better they can teach you and you'd prob want to catch up to their level

or just quit if you aren't motivated and just fag/longboard if you dont want to commit to skating cuz it aint easy.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
Stay away from skateparks.  Locals only.

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
Don't do tricks, just wreck  yourself on a downhill. This will give meaning to your life.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
buy a longboard.

dapand

• Rep: -1
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
If you have no motivation then just don't skate... I've been skating for a decade and I fell down to smoking pot + playing World of fucking Warcraft though I got massive hemorroids I don't regret this. My point is I have no point : go skate if you want, do something else if you don't want. For some people skateboarding is something that sticks to them... something you go on and off...

However when I started I just couldn't stop ^^

Backside LameFlip

• Rep: -16
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »
During a session I personnally try mixin doin tricks that I master and tricks that I don't. usually geting stuck too long on a trick or doin the same stuff over and over again can get you bore fast. Same thing with spot. Try to add diversity in ur shit.

Haters hate only the things they can't have and the people they can't be.

enzone

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »
During a session I personnally try mixin doin tricks that I master and tricks that I don't. usually geting stuck too long on a trick or doin the same stuff over and over again can get you bore fast. Same thing with spot. Try to add diversity in ur shit.

G-Sides

• Rep: 1
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »
skating is like my drug of choice and its therapeutic too. If you're not that into it, then it is what it is. i can just do flatground for hours alone driling the same tricks over an over and have a ton of fun. its all perspective

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »
stop jacking it

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »
It's always easier to skate with a good group of friends. Skating by yourself is therapeutic and all, but it doesn't last long unless you can work on single tricks for hours on end

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
If it doesn't motivate you and you're new, then just quit. It's not gonna get any more motivating. Don't waste your money

goosey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »
3d glasses

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
Hey , Uhm , you could say I'm a beginner to skateboarding . The problem is , I aint motivated to do these tricks and practice for hours , not even 30 minutes . Can I get someone to give me advice on what will motivate me ? & also things that will overcome my fear ?

I don't want to sound like a dick, but if you aren't motivated to learn to skate then maybe skating isn't for you. Why do you want to skateboard? Spending ridiculous amounts of time learning shit is what skating it, especially the first couple of years.

Use your board for transportation, ride it everywhere and you'll start feeling comfortable and basic tricks will come much more easily.