Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 143744 times)

Chinaskis underpants

Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53:32 AM »
My favorite video game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: A LINK to the past.

oi, go outside and go to a fucking prem, sadface

AbstractMindset

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:37 AM »
I was supposed to today but I had to work.

frankwinslow

• Rep: 4
« Reply #512 on: April 21, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »

Good. Then this means that you have a job and are able to shell out 10$ on the best video of the year, support real skateboarding & stop trying to come up with clever(but redundant, shitty and annoying) ways of asking for a link.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:37:02 AM by frankwinslow »

smellofdeath2

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #513 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good. Then this means that you have a job and are able to shell out 10$ on the best video of the year, support real skateboarding & stop trying to come up with clever(but redundant, shitty and annoying) ways of asking for a link.

ker-fucking-ching.

so many 'post count 1' posters in this thread.

AbstractMindset

« Reply #514 on: April 21, 2013, 04:58:35 AM »
Yes, I have a job. I also: pay rent, pay bills and pay for my car. Also, I recently shelled out more money than I would have ever wanted to on a new deck and a set of Street Tech Formula wheels at my local shop, so I've done my share of 'support' for this month. Furthermore you are a jackass. And if scientists want to legitimize the theory of evolution, they need to find the missing LINK, I'm sure it's out there. Does anyone know where I could find it? ...If you know what I mean. ;)

frankwinslow

« Reply #515 on: April 21, 2013, 05:25:56 AM »
Yes, I have a job. I also: pay rent, pay bills and pay for my car. Also, I recently shelled out more money than I would have ever wanted to on a new deck and a set of Street Tech Formula wheels at my local shop, so I've done my share of 'support' for this month. Furthermore you are a jackass. And if scientists want to legitimize the theory of evolution, they need to find the missing LINK, I'm sure it's out there. Does anyone know where I could find it? ...If you know what I mean. ;)

As for the first part of this post: Congratulations buddy, your an average human.

Now the second part: You really are barking up the wrong tree on this one. Maybe next time you will that you are standing in your local shop with those new "Street Tech Formula's" in your hand you will put them back on the shelf and buy the video instead of creating a slap account and annoying the piss out everyone here. Focus your account & buy the video.

P.S. I don't really give a shit what you support or don't support but I am pretty sure that buying yourself a new set of wheels doesn't qualify as supporting shit. That kinda just goes under the category of buying yourself a new set of wheels. Like 99% of skateboarders on Earth have been doing since they started skating.

Moral of the story: go away. Dipshit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:34:05 AM by frankwinslow »

AbstractMindset

« Reply #516 on: April 21, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
An average person who can do neat tricks on a skatebird. :D

I'm not barking up any tree, man. I'm just trying to visit the Lincoln Monument. I'm not annoying the piss out of everyone, dude. The only one who seems to have his jimmies rustled 'round here is you, bro.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #517 on: April 21, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As for the first part of this post: Congratulations buddy, your an average human.

Now the second part: You really are barking up the wrong tree on this one. Maybe next time you will that you are standing in your local shop with those new "Street Tech Formula's" in your hand you will put them back on the shelf and buy the video instead of creating a slap account and annoying the piss out everyone here. Focus your account & buy the video.

P.S. I don't really give a shit what you support or don't support but I am pretty sure that buying yourself a new set of wheels doesn't qualify as supporting shit. That kinda just goes under the category of buying yourself a new set of wheels. Like 99% of skateboarders on Earth have been doing since they started skating.

Haha dude, just stop

skateboarddman

• Rep: 0
« Reply #518 on: April 21, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
are they gunna put the bonus section on iTunes  ?

Radgasm

• Rep: -6
  • Slap Stock FTW
« Reply #519 on: April 21, 2013, 06:42:56 AM »
Anyone having trouble  w/ the itunes download? It starts, and then freezes. LMK if so, thx.

Radgasm

• Rep: -6
  • Slap Stock FTW
« Reply #520 on: April 21, 2013, 06:45:26 AM »
NVM, it is now working.

Can't wait! GRECO BAKER 2 G, LOOKING FOR DAT FEELING, GIVE IT CRYSTAL BALL I'VE BEEN PATIENT

jrock92089

« Reply #521 on: April 21, 2013, 07:17:25 AM »
holy shit this video is super sick everyone had great parts intro was and outro was great the music was ok but whatever go BUY IT it is worth every penny and more greco SOTY 2013

frankwinslow

« Reply #522 on: April 21, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65922.msg1896673#msg1896673 date=1366550913
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop

Me?

Isn't like your thing on here that you are just like notoriously the worst dude ever no matter what the topic is?

Yeah, Ill get right on "just stopping". Then maybe afterwards we can all enjoy having 19 more thrilling pages of people with 2 posts asking for a PM or a link in super witty and original ways instead of actually discussing the video.

person.

frankwinslow

« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2013, 07:29:11 AM »
Quote from: Jered Jones  link=topic=65922.msg1896691#msg1896691 date=1366553845
holy shit this video is super sick everyone had great parts intro was and outro was great the music was ok but whatever go BUY IT it is worth every penny and more greco SOTY 2013

Did you or anyone on here watch any of the bonus stuff? I only saw the video once and it was at the first premiere like a month ago and just picked up a copy of the DVD but haven't had a chance to actually sit down and watch it yet. I can't wait to get home later on and check it all out. I'm curious as to how much other stuff is on the DVD Bonus besides the Rumney/Kirby part. There is also apperently 2 different versions of the DVD you can get and I'm not sure if the more expensive one is just more packaging/photo book/ect. or if there is more bonus on the DVD itself.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:34:33 AM by frankwinslow »

jrock92089

« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you or anyone on here watch any of the bonus stuff? I saw it at the first premiere like a month ago and just picked up a copy of the DVD but haven't had a chance to actually sit down and watch it yet. I can't wait to get home later on and check it all out.

i think the bonus stuff is on the dvd cause it's not on itunes version

frankwinslow

« Reply #525 on: April 21, 2013, 07:36:49 AM »
Quote from: Jered Jones  link=topic=65922.msg1896702#msg1896702 date=1366554782
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you or anyone on here watch any of the bonus stuff? I saw it at the first premiere like a month ago and just picked up a copy of the DVD but haven't had a chance to actually sit down and watch it yet. I can't wait to get home later on and check it all out.
[close]

i think the bonus stuff is on the dvd cause it's not on itunes version

Yeah most of the time the iTunes version of videos doesn't have the bonus stuff. I usually get impatient and download it off iTunes then end up buying a copy anyway. I'm glad that I actually a got a copy this time before blowing money on iTunes also.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #526 on: April 21, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65922.msg1896673#msg1896673 date=1366550913
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

Isn't like your thing on here that you are just like notoriously the worst dude ever no matter what the topic is?

Yeah, Ill get right on "just stopping". Then maybe afterwards we can all enjoy having 19 more thrilling pages of people with 2 posts asking for a PM or a link in super witty and original ways instead of actually discussing the video.

person.
skaters are poor, noone pays for skate videos anymore. someone will have a link up soon and EVERYONE can see how awesome deathwish is

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #527 on: April 21, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
Bought it on iTunes this morning and just finished watching it first time through...

It's a pretty gnarly video start to finish, with huge stuff in every part, but it gets repetitive in my opinion. Obviously I respect the work and the unreal level of balls that went into making the video, there's just not a lot of diversity from one part to the next. That said, fans of the Baker brand and this style of skating are going to go nuts when they watch it.

The editing is top notch and production overall is really well done. Lizard King, Neen Williams, Greco, and Slash were probably my favorite parts.

As an aside, I agree with the poster earlier that mentioned if none of this could inspire Dixon to film a part, positively nothing will. It's evident these guys individually put an unbelievable level of work in to get this video together, and it's mind numbing to think that a guy couldn't even get a few tricks to contribute when seeing what his teammates were doing.

frankwinslow

« Reply #528 on: April 21, 2013, 08:22:56 AM »
Quote from: Tracer �link=topic=65922.msg1896715#msg1896715 date=1366556553
Expand Quote
Quote from: Tracer �link=topic=65922.msg1896673#msg1896673 date=1366550913
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

person.
[close]
skaters are poor, noone pays for skate videos anymore. someone will have a link up soon and EVERYONE can see how awesome deathwish is

That's fine. Good for you and all the "poor skaters" out there. I could give a fuck less if anyone gets a link to the video.

But that doesn't mean 90 people need to make accounts and repeatedly/obnoxiously ask for a link until one pops up while your stupid ass comes to the rescue and defends them. Can you all please shut the fuck up now so this thread can go back to people who want to discuss the video instead of just obnoxiously trying to come up with clever ways to ask for a link over and over again?

One more thing. I'm sick of the whole "Skaters are too poor to buy a video" bullshit every single time a video comes out. If you seriously can't figure out a way to somehow come up with 10 dollars than you are straight up just a completely useless person.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:30:22 AM by frankwinslow »

Tracer

« Reply #529 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

person.
[close]
[close]

That's fine. Good for you and all the "poor skaters" out there. I could give a fuck less if anyone gets a link to the video.

But that doesn't mean 90 people need to make accounts and repeatedly/obnoxiously ask for a link until one pops up while your stupid ass comes to the rescue and defends them. Can you all please shut the fuck up now so this thread can go back to people who want to discuss the video instead of just obnoxiously trying to come up with clever ways to ask for a link over and over again?
You think you're better than me? Theres nothing wrong with skaters trying to see the deathwish video for free, and certainly nothing wrong with skaters posting in THE DEATHWISH VIDEO THREAD ABOUT VARIOUS MEANS OF GETTING IT

IMBECILE!!

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #530 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:36 AM »
I remember when the Lizard ad came out with the Hollywood high Fs Noseslide, there was a big argument about how much it would suck if he went to fakie because apparently 16-stair Fs Noseslides aren't cool unless they're brought back to regular.  Well he went back to regular, so there is that.   

Also, did not expect Greco's ender at all. 

frankwinslow

« Reply #531 on: April 21, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
Quote from: Tracer �link=topic=65922.msg1896724#msg1896724 date=1366558321
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

person.
[close]
[close]

[close]
You think you're better than me? Theres nothing wrong with skaters trying to see the deathwish video for free, and certainly nothing wrong with skaters posting in THE DEATHWISH VIDEO THREAD ABOUT VARIOUS MEANS OF GETTING IT

IMBECILE!!

I don't think that I am better than anyone. What I do KNOW is that if want something (excpecially something that is only 10$) I will figure out my own way to get it instead of being an annoying, selfish shit head and spam out a message board thread until I get what I want.

I also think that you are clearly fucking regular if you can't grasp the point that I am getting at.

I'm done responding to any of this shit because unlike you and everyone demanding a link, I'm not a selfish asshole who is going to ruin a thread that is not about you seeing this video or me validating how regular you are (like many other people on these boards have before me.) and is supposed to be used for talking about the video.

You can say what you want from here on out. If its that important for you or anyone to see this video RIGHT NOW then either stop being useless and scrape together 10 bucks or shut the fuck up and wait for a link to pop up and stop ruining the thread for everyone else.

Thats all I have to say about that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:54:47 AM by frankwinslow »

frankwinslow

« Reply #532 on: April 21, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
I remember when the Lizard ad came out with the Hollywood high Fs Noseslide, there was a big argument about how much it would suck if he went to fakie because apparently 16-stair Fs Noseslides aren't cool unless they're brought back to regular.  Well he went back to regular, so there is that.   

Also, did not expect Greco's ender at all. 

I would imagine going to fakie being harder but to each his own I guess. Either way a front nose down 16 in brutal.

Tracer

« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

person.
[close]
[close]

[close]

IMBECILE!!
[close]

I don't think that I am better than anyone. What I do KNOW is that if want something (excpecially something that is only 10$) I will figure out my own way to get it instead of being an annoying, selfish shit head and spam out a message board thread until I get what I want.

I also think that you are clearly fucking regular if you can't grasp the point that I am getting at.

I'm done responding to any of this shit because unlike you and everyone demanding a link, I'm not a selfish asshole who is going to ruin a thread that is not about you seeing this video or me validating how regular you are (like many other people on these boards have before me.) and is supposed to be used for talking about the video.

You can say what you want from here on out. If its that important for you or anyone to see this video RIGHT NOW then either stop being useless and scrape together 10 bucks or shut the fuck up and wait for a link to pop up and stop ruining the thread for everyone else.

Stop ranting like a big gay baby. You're a grown up trying to own people on the internet....Trying to call me useless for god's sake

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »
furby should like, skate a ledge or a rail or something...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:42:26 AM by gnidraobetaks »

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
i think this could all be solved by abstract mindset posting a pic of himself in a bad boy pose like busey suggested. ill personally upload it and send it. if you dont have 10 to your name a badboy pose should come naturally

Christ

• Rep: -2
« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha dude, just stop
[close]

Me?

person.
[close]
[close]

[close]

IMBECILE!!
[close]

Why are you making such a big deal about this? This is the part of the thread where everyone asks for links so get over it and quit trying to make a difference

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2013, 10:02:41 AM »
broke ass niggas

jrock92089

« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

diccdogg