Author Topic: The Anthony Pappalardo Interview  (Read 107750 times)

Fairy Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: The Anthony Pappalardo Interview
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »
Bringing you breaking news as the Pappalardo story unfolds:

Ender.

Pops footy is nice, but I thought that line where the guy takes his hat off to do the last trick was hilarious! Not laugh-out-loud funny, but you know, still funny.
She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »

Ender.

Cast of characters in this is incredible.  I'm not too invested in the Pappalardo drama but I have to admit it was pretty heartwarming to see him skating at the end there. 

wheee!

kellen

« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »

Ender.

nice

penguin meat

« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »

I think I posted this before, but it's the spot from Pops' first line in Mosaic. It's in downtown Manhattan. Two ollies that I must have watched 100 times. His ollies have stood out to me more than his tech skating so I hope he keeps doing some "bullshit ollies and 5050s".

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #334 on: January 02, 2013, 07:54:41 PM »
^yea thats his most memorable bit of footage for me too, stuff u dream about. im glad i saw him do that trick there and not someone else.

that whole clip of those dudes with pops at the end was really good. also thats 2 new pops tricks in 2 days this year. at this pace he will be soty
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #335 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »
Anybody willing to edit together the Pops footage from the past couple years? Could include those tricks up there, the RED stuff, his tricks in Pretty Sweet (I haven't seen the bonus footage yet) and some of the stuff from the off the grid?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #336 on: January 02, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
You know shit's bad when Pappalardo puts out more footy than you.

Eh hem Castillio, McCrank, and Howard.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #337 on: January 02, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
You can't be seriously talking shit about Rick Howard not putting out footage lately, the dude is in his 40's. Some people need to seriously just accept that their boyhood heroes are getting old.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #338 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
You can't be seriously talking shit about Rick Howard not putting out footage lately, the dude is in his 40's. Some people need to seriously just accept that their boyhood heroes are getting old.

Howard is the same age as Carroll, Koston, Guy etc. He has no excuse to not have a few clips in each video. Hell, Hawk, Cab, Mountain, and even Ron Allen still put footy out and they are much older than him.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #339 on: January 02, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »
Howard puts out footage, he just didn't think his stuff was worthy of pretty sweet.its been covered many times, just like most of ur posts.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »
A butthurt fanboy appears.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2013, 10:06:56 PM »
There was a photo in Thrasher of Rickk noseblunting the Beryl banks with a caption saying "Rickk didn't think this was good enough for the video." I thought that was weird, that's a crazy trick for that spot.

Reggie Dunlop

• Rep: -4
« Reply #342 on: January 02, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
too bad about this kid. Never a favorite of mine but had it all. Child Stars believing all the cool shit said and written about them. It never works out. There has to be a big chunk missing from this story here. Definitely some alcohol, drugs, or mental illness going on here. Hope he makes it back.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #343 on: January 02, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »
Howard puts out footage, he just didn't think his stuff was worthy of pretty sweet.its been covered many times, just like most of ur posts.
plus running the best/most credible skate brands in history...cunts busy!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #344 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
Always got the impresson from interviews that Howard always thinks his trick are not good enough . Like what he said about his Fully Flaired part .

Anyways Howard is sick , and Id love to see any footage from that dude . But if he doesnt want it he doesnt have too . Hes kinda running lakaii and girl ? anyways ?

Not like he is milking it or something

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
shoulda got on crocs instead.

stoked on the 2 clips though

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2526
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
There was a photo in Thrasher of Rickk noseblunting the Beryl banks with a caption saying "Rickk didn't think this was good enough for the video." I thought that was weird, that's a crazy trick for that spot.

It was ABD a loooong time ago, maybe that's why? But I wouldn't complain one bit if that made it in...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »

You can shut your whore mouth if you think McCrank's doing worse than Pops at this point.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #348 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
Pretty sure McCrank's failure to deal with his ankle injuries earlier in his career has had him sidelined in the more recent ones.

SheepShagger

« Reply #349 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can shut your whore mouth if you think McCrank's doing worse than Pops at this point.

McCrank is definitely more annoying than Pops.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

McCrank is definitely more annoying than Pops.

It's okay, he'll still beat him in the swimsuit competition.

Jereme Mortensen

« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »
i feel like there's a real photoshop opportunity here:

ginger lightning

• Rep: -8
« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »
McCrank skates all the time back in Vancouver. Following his twitter and instagram and have occasionally seen him around. Dude still kills.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »
Quote from: ginger lightning  link=topic=66897.msg1820054#msg1820054 date=1357245079
McCrank skates all the time back in Vancouver. Following his twitter and instagram and have occasionally seen him around. Dude still kills.

the main reason why the older guys in pretty sweet didn't film is because they're self-conscious about their aging showing up on HD cameras. i also heard koston and mccrank have wicked crow's feet going on these days and koston even wore makeup in his clips

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
I saw Anthony Pappalardo at a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:40:15 PM by Cthulhu! »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #355 on: January 03, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
Quote from: ginger lightning ? link=topic=66897.msg1820054#msg1820054 date=1357245079
Expand Quote
[close]

the main reason why the older guys in pretty sweet didn't film is because they're self-conscious about their aging showing up on HD cameras. i also heard koston and mccrank have wicked crow's feet going on these days and koston even wore makeup in his clips
The part about kosten wearing makeup is 100% true.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
I saw Anthony Pappalardo at a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

wtf, weird ass story.

EDIT: nevermind, i did a quick google search for "electrical infetterence" and this same story showed up but w/ thom yorke & flying lotus instead of pops. still a weird story tho.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:48:56 PM by weregoingunion »
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2013, 02:49:22 PM »
not to fan flames of speculation, but one thing i know about meth people is they will never admit they are on meth, and you basically can't trust anything that comes out of their mouths in general, ever

hope he isn't on meth, and hope he starts skating again
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

SheepShagger

« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2013, 02:55:12 PM »

How hard is it to sneak a pic these days?
Like anyone will believe this. Lying, fuckface.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
not to fan flames of speculation, but one thing i know about meth people is they will never admit they are on meth, and you basically can't trust anything that comes out of their mouths in general, ever

hope he isn't on meth, and hope he starts skating again

Can someone with an instagram just contact him and tell him the slap forums are demanding a urine sample for a drug test!

GAY will be required to stand in front of him while he pees to make sure he is not trying to fuck us over with some baby piss or something.