Author Topic: The Anthony Pappalardo Interview  (Read 107572 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: The Anthony Pappalardo Interview
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
not to fan flames of speculation, but one thing i know about meth people is they will never admit they are on meth, and you basically can't trust anything that comes out of their mouths in general, ever

hope he isn't on meth, and hope he starts skating again
[close]

Can someone with an instagram just contact him and tell him the slap forums are demanding a urine sample for a drug test!

GAY will be required to stand in front of him while he pees to make sure he is not trying to fuck us over with some baby piss or something.

OOH GROSS I wouldn't touch that tweeker with a 10' pole.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw Anthony Pappalardo at a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
[close]

wtf, weird ass story.

EDIT: nevermind, i did a quick google search for "electrical infetterence" and this same story showed up but w/ thom yorke & flying lotus instead of pops. still a weird story tho.

haha it really is, I was picturing pappalardo saying and acting like that the whole time I read the story. thanks for the laugh

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »
I saw Anthony Pappalardo at a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I find this story too strange to be fiction. Credible.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
im not sure why he couldnt have the wardrobe department put a pair of CONS on Michael Scofield during a few episodes

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
People complaining about a lack of Howard footage? You stupid fucking dipshits. Rick Howard fucking runs girl. He doesn't have to release another clip for the rest of his fucking life and his job in the skateworld will be safe. Any footage you get from the dude is a blessing and he's been around since the late 80's so its not like he hasn't established himself. The fact that he goes out and films at all while running a company is awesome.

Pretty sweet is bringing out a new level of obnoxious and ungrateful from the slap boards. Its unfuckingbeleivable how stupid and spoiled some of you are.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
I don't think people are putting into perspective how old he is. Koston was a kid in H Street "Next Generation", Guy was practically a baby in "video days" while Rick Howard was probably almost 20 in Blockhead's "Adventures in Cheese". He has to be 40 at this point, and yeah he runs a damn company. I want new Rick footage as much as the next guy, but everyone throws in the towel eventually. This doesn't mean he should discontinue his board or anything.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
Do you think that Gipper's brow is permanently furrowed or do you think his face relaxes when he's asleep?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:12 PM »
it's permanent. You think my dreams aren't filled with ranting and raving?

Also, lets not forget how young Mike Carroll and even Jeron Wilson were back when they first made their names. On a slightly unrelated note Jeron deserves more credit for his whole career than I think he gets. He's never been the biggest name on girl, but after 20+ years in the game he still manages to keep his standards up to date. He's always been overshadowed by Guy, Koston, Howard, and all those guys, but deserves a lot of credit in his own right.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

Pretty sweet is bringing out a new level of obnoxious and ungrateful from the slap boards. Its unfuckingbeleivable how stupid and spoiled some of you are.

This.

Also, on the Jeron subject, to be his age and put out the part he did in Pretty Sweet, I'd almost vote him for best part in the video. That man has some goddamn work ethic.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This.

Also, on the Jeron subject, to be his age and put out the part he did in Pretty Sweet, I'd almost vote him for best part in the video. That man has some goddamn work ethic.

You must really like heelflips.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
or that wienerschnizel bump to hydrant that only Jeron seems to skate, and seems to have a clip of in every part he's ever filmed.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
To be honest, on my subsequent viewings of Pretty Sweet, I've tended to skip his part. Though that is usually just due to time constraints. I was just trying to pay him a compliment for doing a halfcab noseslide 270 heel out at the tender age of 73.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »
I met Anthony Pappalardo once at Barnes and Noble. Walked up and said hello. He was in the Manga aisle and we talked for a bit about Japanese stuff (I don?t know much, so I was pretty much lost for most of the conversation). After he checked out, we each got a coffee and talked about music for a bit. He?s really into Parliament and Funkadelic, so that was pretty cool. After a while, he said he had to go and I casually mentioned that it was a shame I didn't have my copy of "Prevent This Tragedy" on me for him to sign. Without missing a fucking beat, he pulled a signed copy out of his backpack. He gave it to me and told me to skateboard dance hard as he walked out of the store smiling. Thought it was really weird that he just carries these things around. I opened my DVD when I got home and there wasn't even a disc inside. I still have the sleeve.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »

I think I posted this before, but it's the spot from Pops' first line in Mosaic. It's in downtown Manhattan. Two ollies that I must have watched 100 times. His ollies have stood out to me more than his tech skating so I hope he keeps doing some "bullshit ollies and 5050s".

Don't worry, those are the only tricks he can still do.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:52 PM »
yet again, you completely fucking miss the point.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2013, 12:14:23 AM »

I'm sorry to bother you guys with these info but:

Rick Howard is 40 already (d.o.b. August 31st, 1972) and he does not run one company - in my book he runs six.

He could do whatever the fuck he wants 'cause - not only his career is flawless -, he is one of the key people in the history of this thing and never ever took his place seriously - wheel invoices aside.

Carroll: 1975
Koston: 1975
Mariano: 1976
McCrank: 1976
Jeron: 1977

And now I'm going to have breakfast while watching 'Goldfish'.

asakusa75

« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »

Tre flip at 25 seconds.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:11 AM »

Tre flip at 25 seconds.

Get outta here old man!

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
it sounds like he signed a deal with converse without using an agent or lawyer.  that's just a bad idea.  i'm bummed for him, but at the same time it's like "dude, you don't know how to advocate for yourself, it's ok, not many people do.  just hire a lawyer, or someone with a grasp of how valuable your brand is, and make sure that's reflected in the deals you take".  frankly, he could use someone to tell him not to do an interview like this, it doesn't really reflect on him very well.  people read it and speculate that he's on meth, or has aspergers, or suffers from depression (likely), or pops ludes all day.  that doesn't really help him with his fans or potential sponsors.  he could get a job for 6 months, and use all of his free time to focus on skating and filming with his good friend bill strobek, and be on an upward path.  girl/chocolate are so loyal to their riders.  all they want him to do is make an effort, and they'd release boards and he'd have that stream of income again.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
THIS THREAD CAN NEVER DIE FREE MAX B
FREE MAX B

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »
Brink should get him on weekend buzz. Little kids love that shit. It would be nothing but beneficial for both parties involved. As everyone else has said, his name still carries some clout and if he plays his cards right he can build up some hype and most likely come back into the industry. He just needs to get off his ass and handle this.

im probably lying

era

« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
Evidently cutting fine pieces of wood into squares, sanding them, then gluing them together and resanding them is the extent of his carpentry skill.

ZEBRA

« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10:01 PM »
Pappalardo just started following RVCA and Poler Stuff (camping gear) on Instagram.

Let the speculation fly!!!

BleachBeach

• Rep: -5
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
http://24.media.tumblr.com/68ccf2aaa219a2c32b1e6615f52ca583/tumblr_mg4a6ybQ711qm6z4ho1_r1_1280.png

McCrank still rips! No question.

Also, while trying to find Rick Howard's birthdate the internet told me he's worth 45 million dollars.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2013, 06:28:26 AM »
People saying Pops is on meth, have you ever done meth? You know who has done meth at least once? Lizard King. THAT'S what you look like when you do meth. Not some sunken in face that you've had since you lost your baby fat like Pops has.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2013, 06:38:43 AM »
http://24.media.tumblr.com/68ccf2aaa219a2c32b1e6615f52ca583/tumblr_mg4a6ybQ711qm6z4ho1_r1_1280.png

Also, while trying to find Rick Howard's birthdate the internet told me he's worth 45 million dollars.

Damn! There's not a lot of space up there!

Well then I wouldn't mind marrying Howard - he should come to Denmark, and we could have a church wedding  :-*

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #386 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well then I wouldn't mind marrying Howard - he should come to Denmark, and we could have a church wedding  :-*

More and more Danes on here by the day? Thats ill!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #387 on: January 09, 2013, 06:54:19 AM »

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #388 on: January 09, 2013, 07:02:06 AM »
People saying Pops is on meth, have you ever done meth? You know who has done meth at least once? Lizard King. THAT'S what you look like when you do meth. Not some sunken in face that you've had since you lost your baby fat like Pops has.

Not for nothing but I met Lizard King a couple times back in Salt lake city like 7 or 8 years ago and he has always looked like that.  Except minus all the tattoo's back in the day.  My friend referred to him as the anorexic eagle.  

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #389 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

More and more Danes on here by the day? Thats ill!

I would like to gnar you, but I can't figure out how..  ???