Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174250 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #1140 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Glad Sewa lost. I'm all for circus tricks, but not if they're the same damn tricks every time. Plus, dude looks fucking gross on a skateboard. 
[close]

How does Sewa look gross on a skateboard when almost every trick he does is popped and landed perfectly.  I really question the taste of some people on here thanks to posts like these.  Not trying to say that your taste is wrong, I'm just really curious as to what you do like
[close]
Because he looks stiff and uncomfortable.
[close]

He's extremely precise with his trick selection and how he does them, just like shane o'neill and a few other people, so obviously we can expect him to be a tad stiff, but there's people who are far worse and look terribly awkward on a skateboard
You're right, and there's people who look far better and do much better tricks than Sewa.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #1141 on: May 01, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Glad Sewa lost. I'm all for circus tricks, but not if they're the same damn tricks every time. Plus, dude looks fucking gross on a skateboard. 
[close]

How does Sewa look gross on a skateboard when almost every trick he does is popped and landed perfectly.  I really question the taste of some people on here thanks to posts like these.  Not trying to say that your taste is wrong, I'm just really curious as to what you do like
[close]
[close]

He's extremely precise with his trick selection and how he does them, just like shane o'neill and a few other people, so obviously we can expect him to be a tad stiff, but there's people who are far worse and look terribly awkward on a skateboard
[close]
You're right, and there's people who look far better and do much better tricks than Sewa.

I can see what people mean about Sewa's style.  I just like his harflips alot.  They aren't as stylish as Hermans or Wade D's, but they are pop high and caught super clean.  I just like em.  Bummed Sewa lost because I can dig Sewa's style a hell of alot more than P-Rods.
I suck at SLAP.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1142 on: May 03, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I can see what people mean about Sewa's style.  I just like his harflips alot.  They aren't as stylish as Hermans or Wade D's, but they are pop high and caught super clean.  I just like em.  Bummed Sewa lost because I can dig Sewa's style a hell of alot more than P-Rods.

I was really hoping to see him get taken out, if only somebody else could have done it earlier, but you know how the man is with this shit.  But with that interview at the end we all saw he wasn't happy even though he won because of how easy he got put to 'T' and he could have lost.  Oh well, it's done and now we gotta wait till next year.  Personally that's a rematch I want to see, but it all depends on who is in the next one and how it's set up this time. 

No Mike mo vs Cole or Shane vs Koston this weekend?

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #1143 on: May 03, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
Perhaps a little late for relevance, but Cliffs ender in what if? Was a pretty crazy fs 360 heel

im probably lying

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1144 on: May 04, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
U mean James Craig

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #1145 on: May 04, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #1146 on: May 04, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
Can the berrics just put out these fucking videos out weekly instead of trying to build up anticipation or whatever

I'm mad at myself for even caring

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1147 on: May 04, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »
Can the berrics just put out these fucking videos out weekly instead of trying to build up anticipation or whatever

u need a friend

Yu Dum

« Reply #1148 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

u need a friend
You need a grammar lesson.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #1149 on: May 04, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

u need a friend
[close]
and you care too much.

Yu Dum

« Reply #1150 on: May 04, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

u need a friend
[close]
[close]
and you care too much.
You cared enough to post about how I "care too much". Sorry that I don't like coming off as a fool.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #1151 on: May 04, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
U mean James Craig
I said what I said son.

im probably lying

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #1152 on: May 05, 2013, 07:42:18 AM »
Expand Quote
U mean James Craig
[close]
I said what I said son.

On some Batman shit.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1153 on: May 05, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »
they should let sewa and shane got at it in some kind of bonus round.

that shit would have the potential to get fucking insane

I'd be interested in watching a money match between those guys boxing style.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #1154 on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can't wait to see PJ vs Kostan i hope they pull out some old school wild-ass circus tricks.
[close]
Your name combined with you making this statement is fucking hillarious.

The PJ vs. Moose game was the first one that was interesting in a while.

And PJ did smoke him in the end, considering the fact that the kid pulled out everything he fucking had and still could barely get a letter on him. I was shocked that PJ didn't get the 360 heelflip. For the record, though one may have been done earlier than it, Shiloh Greathouse did one down a 3 stair in New World Order years before PJ, so at least a couple people have done them in classic skate videos.
[close]

Wasn't the 360 heelflip from WHL switch?
[close]

no, it was regular
[close]
Thanks for the history lesson gramps
[close]
Shiloh did it switch in NWO

I would be willing to guess that Ocean Howell did that trick at some point in the early 90's and it was never documented. It always seemed like he could do anything on a board.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #1155 on: May 06, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its amazing how many anon. internet people will nitpick some of the best skaters in the world playing one flatground game of skate. sewas tricks are not only insanely precise and perfect, but he does them with his own  very PROPER style. it is so funny how desperate people are to have their own respected opinion, and by stating things like "well he is one of the best in it this year, but.. i dont like his style" is so fucked up to mention because u know ur damn self that when u first saw him do all of his crazy shit u knew it was good but u didnt wanna mention that because ur a hater. if u dont like hi style of skating, then at least give the dude credit for what u think hes good for before u diss someone a million times better than u. You just wanted to have the contrary opinion...good 4 you, i find a lot of people on these boards try so hard to be critical when really their just focusing their opinions towards whatever they think is cool
try to remember, forget

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #1156 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Eh, maybe. Sewa has some pretty ridiculous tricks, namely that hardflip fs 180.
I think that Shane would be able to match most, if not all of Sewa's tricks. Like other rounds, Sewa would probably bail on easier/more basic tricks.

yeah but if youve seen sewas other games he doesnt always bail his basics, and he has way more insanse unique tricks than what he just did at the berrics. however i completely agree the shane could match most of them while adding his own. These two dudes have the potential to create one of the most insane games of skate ever, it does suck tho cuz one usually has a bad day. like the prod and sewa game i was so pissed because thats a once in a lifetime matchup and if they both would have been more on point it couldve turned into something as entertaining as the moose pj/, and koston/morgan match. but i guess they all cant turn out that way, it just sucks when the awesome matches do.

Im rooting for shane tho all the way, ive always thought he was one of the best, but im starting to appreciate his skating now more lately. Him and Cole are the underdogs but i really feel like if shanes havin a good day on each match that he will take it
try to remember, forget

negroid

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1157 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can't wait to see PJ vs Kostan i hope they pull out some old school wild-ass circus tricks.
[close]
Your name combined with you making this statement is fucking hillarious.

The PJ vs. Moose game was the first one that was interesting in a while.

And PJ did smoke him in the end, considering the fact that the kid pulled out everything he fucking had and still could barely get a letter on him. I was shocked that PJ didn't get the 360 heelflip. For the record, though one may have been done earlier than it, Shiloh Greathouse did one down a 3 stair in New World Order years before PJ, so at least a couple people have done them in classic skate videos.
[close]

Wasn't the 360 heelflip from WHL switch?
[close]

no, it was regular
[close]
Thanks for the history lesson gramps
[close]
Shiloh did it switch in NWO
[close]

im pretty sure nick tucker did a switch front 3 heel in his grizzly welcome part

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #1158 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Eh, maybe. Sewa has some pretty ridiculous tricks, namely that hardflip fs 180.
I think that Shane would be able to match most, if not all of Sewa's tricks. Like other rounds, Sewa would probably bail on easier/more basic tricks.
[close]

yeah but if youve seen sewas other games he doesnt always bail his basics, and he has way more insanse unique tricks than what he just did at the berrics. however i completely agree the shane could match most of them while adding his own. These two dudes have the potential to create one of the most insane games of skate ever, it does suck tho cuz one usually has a bad day. like the prod and sewa game i was so pissed because thats a once in a lifetime matchup and if they both would have been more on point it couldve turned into something as entertaining as the moose pj/, and koston/morgan match. but i guess they all cant turn out that way, it just sucks when the awesome matches do.

Im rooting for shane tho all the way, ive always thought he was one of the best, but im starting to appreciate his skating now more lately. Him and Cole are the underdogs but i really feel like if shanes havin a good day on each match that he will take it
true, but he just seems really nervous in all of these rounds for BATB. I don't blame him though, I'd be sweating bullets and fucking up basics left and right.

I'm really pulling for Shane. I'm pretty sure that his bag of tricks is bottomless: switch tre double flips on lock, nollie late (front foot) heel, etc.
The next few games should be really entertaining.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1159 on: May 11, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
These regular extended breaks that they take before posting matches is awesome. Makes me forget about the whole thing.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1160 on: May 11, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

its amazing how many anon. internet people will nitpick some of the best skaters in the world playing one flatground game of skate. sewas tricks are not only insanely precise and perfect, but he does them with his own  very PROPER style. it is so funny how desperate people are to have their own respected opinion, and by stating things like "well he is one of the best in it this year, but.. i dont like his style" is so fucked up to mention because u know ur damn self that when u first saw him do all of his crazy shit u knew it was good but u didnt wanna mention that because ur a hater. if u dont like hi style of skating, then at least give the dude credit for what u think hes good for before u diss someone a million times better than u. You just wanted to have the contrary opinion...good 4 you, i find a lot of people on these boards try so hard to be critical when really their just focusing their opinions towards whatever they think is cool

the people that post to slap are pretty shitty, the only reason i made an account was to call people out on their lazy hate but alas, this would take way too much time and accomplish very little. so, here i am trying to support someone who sees through the bullshit by telling them to get the fuck out of here! this place is not for people who have fun skateboarding

johntsunami

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1161 on: May 11, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
they aren't that identical. shane sort of sucks at hardflips

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1162 on: May 11, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »
I've noticed that unless the dude comes off as a prick, dresses like a homo, basically can only kickflip and no comply, and only puts out like 30 seconds of footage a year, then the general slap population will hate on their style. I guy like sewa probably fucked your bitch in high school.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1163 on: May 11, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

the people that post to slap are pretty shitty, the only reason i made an account was to call people out on their lazy hate but alas, this would take way too much time and accomplish very little. so, here i am trying to support someone who sees through the bullshit by telling them to get the fuck out of here! this place is not for people who have fun skateboarding
[/quote]

Welcome to the internet son...Go to any site focusing on pretty much any topic and there are endless amounts of dumb ass people who just talk shit (mind you 99.4% couldn't even come close to doing what the the people who they're talking shit about are.) They're bullshit critics and haters. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, things you like and don't, favorites and whatever else...But even if any of these kids were as good as anyone competing in BATB (if they were they'd probably be taking part), they have to respect the hard work and skill that it takes to reach that level.

While reading the recent posts in the Deathwish Video thread I wanted to find some of the posters who were talking shit about it and smack the fuck out of them, but hey...Like I said, "that's the internet for you."

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1164 on: May 11, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
Welcome to the internet son...Go to any site focusing on pretty much any topic and there are endless amounts of dumb ass people who just talk shit (mind you 99.4% couldn't even come close to doing what the the people who they're talking shit about are.) They're bullshit critics and haters. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, things you like and don't, favorites and whatever else...But even if any of these kids were as good as anyone competing in BATB (if they were they'd probably be taking part), they have to respect the hard work and skill that it takes to reach that level.

While reading the recent posts in the Deathwish Video thread I wanted to find some of the posters who were talking shit about it and smack the fuck out of them, but hey...Like I said, "that's the internet for you."

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1165 on: May 11, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
"People on slap suck!"-People on slap.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1166 on: May 11, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
so is this thing still happening?

the anticipation is putting me to sleep

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1167 on: May 11, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »
Moose is so good he deserves better than the Berrics

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #1168 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
These regular extended breaks that they take before posting matches is awesome. Makes me forget about the whole thing.

Bruce Willis with some mean neon coppers. Made my day.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:14:24 AM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -275
« Reply #1169 on: May 12, 2013, 03:05:34 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=67175.msg1910727#msg1910727 date=1368318459
Moose is so good he deserves better than the Berrics

What does that mean?