Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 708805 times)

calvinsdream

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1830 on: January 18, 2019, 05:23:50 AM »

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1831 on: January 18, 2019, 06:13:21 AM »
Been buying the 53mm Formula 4 Conicals 99d for the last 4 years now. I don't think I'll ever try anything else

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1832 on: January 20, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

FUCK YES

I was SO close to buying bones v2 so I’m stoked to give these a try  if they come in 53

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1833 on: January 21, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
Can't wait to get my hands on those tabs in 101

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1834 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »
Color doesn't look like F4 at all.  ???

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1835 on: January 21, 2019, 09:27:28 AM »

Probably just a filter on the photo - like b&w

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1836 on: January 21, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My gut tells me that the old school "yellow" colour is added to the formula. They just don't bother adding it to samples.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1837 on: January 21, 2019, 12:04:41 PM »
I swear the last two sets of f4’s I’ve gotten have been noticably whiter than they used to be.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1838 on: January 21, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
I swear the last two sets of f4’s I’ve gotten have been noticably whiter than they used to be.
I got a set from No-Comply(54mm) that was super yellow, and a set from Humidity(52mm) that was pretty white - same formula (4) and hardness (99a) and shape (classic.) (Maybe no-comply stores the wheels closer to the window?)

The really weird thing is that the Humidity ones don't make that screech noise when you slide them and the No-Comply ones are extra screechy. I'm curious as to what exactly goes into that famous formula 4...

baustin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #1839 on: January 21, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got a set from No-Comply(54mm) that was super yellow, and a set from Humidity(52mm) that was pretty white - same formula (4) and hardness (99a) and shape (classic.) (Maybe no-comply stores the wheels closer to the window?)

The really weird thing is that the Humidity ones don't make that screech noise when you slide them and the No-Comply ones are extra screechy. I'm curious as to what exactly goes into that famous formula 4...

Do you have any clue to the age of each set of wheels? I've heard that wheels do tend to yellow and harden with time, though the packaging should provide some sort of protection from that I would think.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1840 on: January 21, 2019, 07:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Do you have any clue to the age of each set of wheels? I've heard that wheels do tend to yellow and harden with time, though the packaging should provide some sort of protection from that I would think.

That’s a pretty good theory actually.  I wonder if it’s the same kind of thing that happens with old Super Nintendos.

Of course, I could be way off since I really don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1841 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My gut tells me that the old school "yellow" colour is added to the formula. They just don't bother adding it to samples.

Seems counter-intuitive to me. "Lets add a slight amount of yellow pigment to make our best selling wheels look old right out of the gate!" Nah, it's gotta be the natural color of the urethane formula they developed.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1842 on: January 21, 2019, 09:20:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Seems counter-intuitive to me. "Lets add a slight amount of yellow pigment to make our best selling wheels look old right out of the gate!" Nah, it's gotta be the natural color of the urethane formula they developed.

Doubtful. If anything Bones add more white pigment to their wheels. Urethane is naturally a clear yellowish color from what I've heard.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #1843 on: January 21, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s a pretty good theory actually.  I wonder if it’s the same kind of thing that happens with old Super Nintendos.

Of course, I could be way off since I really don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about.
No joke, this was what I was thinking. Also, my last set of F4s was for sure more white than brown.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1844 on: January 21, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
No joke, this was what I was thinking. Also, my last set of F4s was for sure more white than brown.
Damn that US version of Super Nintendo looks funky😳 Quick look and I thought it was some view-master at first 😂
e. This is what I had as a kid
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:03:29 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1845 on: January 22, 2019, 12:52:58 AM »
that was the Japanese version with room ports for the disk drive no?
OG NES was different too!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1846 on: January 22, 2019, 03:03:21 AM »
Nah mine was just a regular european version, fucking weird that different regions had different desings back then... They even had different controllers for us & eu versions😳

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1847 on: January 22, 2019, 04:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah mine was just a regular european version, fucking weird that different regions had different desings back then... They even had different controllers for us & eu versions😳

Was it really that small? 🤔 I never had one but a friend of mine did, so I’ve played with one a bunch. I remember it not being much smaller than the NES.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1848 on: January 22, 2019, 05:50:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Was it really that small? 🤔 I never had one but a friend of mine did, so I’ve played with one a bunch. I remember it not being much smaller than the NES.
That is new mini version on that pic, OG was way bigger but design is still the same.

It sucks getting old.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1849 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
I think it is a combination of sunlight and age. I know that both factors change the color - didn't think that it might also affect hardness.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1850 on: January 22, 2019, 06:16:07 PM »
didn't think that it might also affect hardness.

I've always maintained that older wheels harden up in storage which is why i get them ahead of time and leave them in my spare parts box, i've gotten so used to the aged yellow it doesnt bother me anymore

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #1851 on: January 23, 2019, 07:32:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Damn that US version of Super Nintendo looks funky😳 Quick look and I thought it was some view-master at first 😂
e. This is what I had as a kid

The people at Nintendo of America thought that the super famicon design was too "soft" to compete with edgy sega who was crushing it. They decided on the sharp purple brick. The 90s were rad.

Hydrogen peroxide will restore the color to the SNES. Not sure if it'll work on skateboard wheels, I'm not a chemist.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1852 on: February 18, 2019, 05:50:26 AM »
So a trick I do a lot is 5050 front board but I wonder if the lock ins would make that tough.
Like twould be so locked in, when I turn, the board wouldn't turn like I want?
Does anyone know if that would in face be the case If I got lock ins?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1853 on: February 18, 2019, 07:18:41 AM »
So a trick I do a lot is 5050 front board but I wonder if the lock ins would make that tough.
Like twould be so locked in, when I turn, the board wouldn't turn like I want?
Does anyone know if that would in face be the case If I got lock ins?

Bro, no it wont be a problem. Might need to pop/shifty ever so slightly harder. Lock ins tend to lock in a bit more but not to the point where you'll lose tricks because it locks in to much.

Damn could swear that I've slipped out more with lock ins than classics but thats just my skating not the wheels. Performs just like any wheel but if you are stalling a 50 and momentum allows you to rest in at the correct angle on the wheel it will hold a bit more than a classic.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #1854 on: April 03, 2019, 02:41:11 PM »
Im on a new set of 99 conical

I made a mental list and realized I haven’t skated the same size/shape/duro more than once over 8 sets in 5 yrs

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1855 on: April 03, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1856 on: April 03, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
haha i'll probably by a set of the tablets only to realized for the millionth time that the classics are the best shape for me
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Brad Breath

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1857 on: April 03, 2019, 08:45:25 PM »
All urethane is that brownish (natural) color.  White pigment  has to be added to the mix to make the wheel white.

They offer their wheels in white or the natural brownish color (along with the swirls and other colors).

I thought this had been covered before.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:47:16 PM by Brad Breath »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1858 on: April 03, 2019, 09:52:54 PM »
The reason SNES turned brown like that is because of the bromine in the chemical mixture of the plastic for the case being too high on certain batches. Bromine in that usage is a flame retardant and is added to hot running plastic stuff to lower the chance that it could catch fire. I remembered there was a really specific reason why a lot of them turned brown but I had to look it up again for this post. Dork facts out.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1859 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »
The reason SNES turned brown like that is because of the bromine in the chemical mixture of the plastic for the case being too high on certain batches. Bromine in that usage is a flame retardant and is added to hot running plastic stuff to lower the chance that it could catch fire. I remembered there was a really specific reason why a lot of them turned brown but I had to look it up again for this post. Dork facts out.

Truth!

https://www.tested.com/tech/2505-why-your-old-super-nintendo-looks-super-yellow/