Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689767 times)

frtzgn95 (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Julz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=68020.msg1903638#msg1903638 date=1367451039
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=68020.msg1903453#msg1903453 date=1367439321
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=68020.msg1892464#msg1892464 date=1365995646
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: Tracer ? link=topic=68020.msg1892283#msg1892283 date=1365978632
Expand Quote
Bones makes spitfire obsolete. Unless they man up and put a flatspot guarantee on the F4's FUCK SPITFIRE

Even Darkstar can make wheels that don't flatspot, spitfire is a joke
[close]
you seriously blow
[close]
some people just can't handle the truth. they see the cool spitfire logo and hand over the moneys
[close]

I really do not like you
[close]
Bro, its fukkin true. Spitfires are garbage compared to Bones

Bones don't flatspot, spitfires do, end of story

[close]
This is what I thought before I got to try f4. If the final product is as good as the sample I got I'll never buy another wheel again
[close]
What don't you like about bones wheels? They have been good forever

Just don't see why people need to change a good thing
[close]
I got love for DLX, and bones are usually more expensive... don't know how f4  will be priced yet though

I'm aware that Tracer's a jerkjob but he is kinda right about the bones/spitfire debate, people just buy spitfire cause their favorite skaters ride for them and they have pretty graphics. If you like the smoothness of spitfire wheels there's a dozen brands out there offering the same shit.

Bones are cheap since they'll last you a good year or more depending on how low you can tolerate your wheel size.

b.v.

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
Well when people get there hands on A set of the new formula 4 spitfire wheels, it won't be for image.
They're damn good wheels that in my varied experience both first and second hand do not flat spot.
Meaning over a dozen sets locally given to folks that destroy wheels on a regular basis that NEVER flatspotted them and continue to ride them until they come across another set.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
Well when people get there hands on A set of the new formula 4 spitfire wheels, it won't be for image.
They're damn good wheels that in my varied experience both first and second hand do not flat spot.
Meaning over a dozen sets locally given to folks that destroy wheels on a regular basis that NEVER flatspotted them and continue to ride them until they come across another set.

Can't judge the F4 but when it comes to the F1/big head blablabla models it's a whole different story

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:34 PM »
i flatspotted one of my stf's last week when i got caught on a rock at a foundation spot. its possible
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:10 AM »
i flatspotted one of my stf's last week when i got caught on a rock at a foundation spot. its possible

I have experiencedthis too. but when you continue to ride em for a week or so the flatspot will be gone and doesn?t come back like with other wheels....

b.v.

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
Past few months I've seen dozens of flatted stf's, right out of the gate too.
Something must have changed in the formula. No one usually had problems before.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »
Tracer I want you to know that I despise who you are on a  cellular level.

Due Date: Best Scene - (Spit in the Dogs face)

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »
I need wheels right now, but im willing to wait for these to come out, that is if theyre coming out this month like deluxe says.

schmuckface killah

• Rep: 8
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
the color of them just makes me think of unsold wheels sitting in the shop forever
Thats probably what they are, the dudes in marketing probably just said call it something cool like formula 4 and tell people they wont flatspot and we'll get rid of these shitty yellow wheels in no time

dankradschwag

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
spitfire wheels really suck really bad, just throwing that out there

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »
spitfire wheels really suck really bad, just throwing that out there
Like I said I didn't even bother with streetburners, I was never into spitfire before I got this wheel. but I've been riding a set of theese since July and they're the muhfuckin' truth!

soccer mom

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »
Best wheels made!
 I have had 3 pairs they don't flat spot and i'll be damned they almost don't even cone.
The only reason I ever put on new ones was purely because i had more laying around.
you can punish them with month's of power sliding and hill bombs, you won't be bummed

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
Best wheels made!
 I have had 3 pairs they don't flat spot and i'll be damned they almost don't even cone.
The only reason I ever put on new ones was purely because i had more laying around.
you can punish them with month's of power sliding and hill bombs, you won't be bummed

that should be their tag line
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

schmuckface killah

• Rep: 8
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Best wheels made!
They cant be that good if you've gone through 3 sets and there not even out yet.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Best wheels made!
[close]
They cant be that good if you've gone through 3 sets and there not even out yet.
Pretty sure samples have been floating around since last summer. Weren't they orange first?

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
 Wheels are wheels. Spitfire, Bones, PFC. They all ride the same, and end up the same way.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »
Wheels are wheels. Spitfire, Bones, PFC. They all ride the same, and end up the same way.

bones and spitfires ride the same and end up the same? haha

october

« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »
Pretty much. haha

zoltan

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »
Pretty much. haha

bones dont really flatspot unless you try to flatspot them, but they are too slippery

spitfires tend to flatspot easy but definitely feel the best

formula 4 = best wheel

dankradschwag

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have to agree. wheels are wheels. the differences between performance is so meager that it doesnt warrant a ten to fifteen dollar price difference. i've rode satori, paradise, bones, OJ, etc. they are all about the same. the only exception to this is spitfire. they suck.

also, u guys should really buy wheels from smaller brands like satori and paradise. they are good wheels and warrant the support.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »
satori are good. i rode a pricepoint set a friend gave me, and i really appreciated the smoothness(99A) after bones STF(103A)

october

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i have to agree. wheels are wheels. the differences between performance is so meager that it doesnt warrant a ten to fifteen dollar price difference. i've rode satori, paradise, bones, OJ, etc. they are all about the same. the only exception to this is spitfire. they suck.

also, u guys should really buy wheels from smaller brands like satori and paradise. they are good wheels and warrant the support.

Exactly what I meant, just didn't care to spend the time to explain better.

ArrowHeadz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
I've flatspotted Bones and Spitfires but Bones feel way too slick compared to Spitfires. Plus Spitfire's have better shapes than Bones, and they personally feel better to me. Plus I'm down with having flatspots so I don't mind flat spotting my Spitfires.

Dick Butkus

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »
The only thing I didn't like about spits was white wheels turning yellow real quick, that's why I only ride colored ones now. Shout out to Darin for keepin me hooked up!

soccer mom

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Best wheels made!
[close]
[close]
Yea, so if you actually read what I said. I did'nt "go through" 3 pairs. I just changed them out because i had more, I give them to kids at the park. So yes F4's are that good. Buy some dummies they are almost out

foureyedjim

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »
I just rode around on my backup board cuz it was in my trunk.
I can't stand the sound/feeling of bones stf anymore. 
my fourmula 4's still going strong, can't wait to get them in a conical shape.

peewee

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
when the fuck are they going to release them! its May already, cmon dlx people want to try them

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2013, 02:22:38 AM »
I just rode around on my backup board cuz it was in my trunk.
I can't stand the sound/feeling of bones stf anymore. 
my fourmula 4's still going strong, can't wait to get them in a conical shape.

Are they gonna release them in a conical/SFW shape? fuck i hope so

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2013, 09:35:40 AM »
I've been riding spitfires pretty much exclusively for the past 10 years. I've tried a few other things here and there, even jumped on the stf craze a few years ago, they just felt horrible, way to slippery and hard. not to mention the shapes are completely miserable, so much so that I would prefer a yellowing flat spotted f1. However, these past year or two I've ridden mostly spitfire classics, all of which for some strange reason haven't yellowed or got any substantial flat spots, and have out performed every f1 set i've had. I'm stoked to try the formula 4 wheels.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
I've been riding spitfires pretty much exclusively for the past 10 years. I've tried a few other things here and there, even jumped on the stf craze a few years ago, they just felt horrible, way to slippery and hard. not to mention the shapes are completely miserable, so much so that I would prefer a yellowing flat spotted f1. However, these past year or two I've ridden mostly spitfire classics, all of which for some strange reason haven't yellowed or got any substantial flat spots, and have out performed every f1 set i've had. I'm stoked to try the formula 4 wheels.
Bones makes 4 stf shapes for all styles of skating, if you can't find one you like you're doing it wrong