Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689331 times)

foureyedjim

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2013, 12:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks, yeah the super reds were new ((minilogos are actually a few months older), mine are the 101d. If i just spin the wheels with the board in my hand they spin fast and long, so i def think it's the wheels and not the bearings.
[close]

Yeah, it's the wheels. For sure.  ::)
[close]

hahahaha damn b

Somebody needs to lay off the hostess cupcakes
(sorry, I had to).

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Ordered the 101 53mm for my birthday, can't wait to try them out. Had a pair of STFs for over a year and a half, and while they're still in decent condition I have to try these.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2013, 05:56:32 PM »

Stoked on these. Set up some Streetburners before I put these on, skated them for a day and they felt so bad in comparison that I had to set these up. I prefer the 101 F4s that I had before this though.
how are your rollerblades holding up?

Hamish

• Rep: -4
  • is not Illusionary
« Reply #483 on: October 20, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »
Finally got around to grabbing a set, so stoked on them.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #484 on: October 20, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »
I am currently riding the 53mm classic shaped F4s for about 3 weeks now. Pretty solid wheel so far. All the good points have been covered already on how great the feel and slide. so far i have no complaints. i was riding the spitfire f1's for the past year which were a 101a and since the F4's are a 99 i can feel a difference. I wanna try the 101's next..

any one here made the switch from 101 F1's to the 101 formula fours? how does it feel?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
I really want a set of 53-54mm 101 tablets but for some reason they just aren't available in the UK at all. I'm rolling on coned, flatspotted, worn-ass f1s at the moment and my resolve to not just buy some bones as I can actually get them is weakening more and more every time I skate. :(

soccer mom

« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2013, 08:31:45 PM »
I've said it before, but these are the best wheels out if you think differently you probably just got an unlucky random bad set (if they exist) or you just want to have something negative to say. I can't recommend them enough. 2 thumbs up

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #487 on: October 23, 2013, 07:05:03 AM »
get 'em while you can dlx is out 'til next week

dillanharp

« Reply #488 on: October 23, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Still tryna hold out for that next batch of PFCs...it's getting hard though.
[close]
just give it up homie, F4s are better. if PFC ever puts some new shit out and your strapped for cash then you can pick some up. but i can honestly say im pretty sure you wont be disappointed in F4s.
[close]

Responded to this with a post on my phone but it wouldnt let me submit it.  Suffice to say I imagine that the F4s probably are a bit better, but I enjoy supporting smaller companies whose ideals and direction appeal to me and are inline with my own.  I'm sure I'll get some F4s down the line (skating some old-ass Classics now) but my next set gonna be PFCs.

You're already skating spitfires... People acting like DLX is Nike now?

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #489 on: October 23, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »
I really want a set of 53-54mm 101 tablets but for some reason they just aren't available in the UK at all. I'm rolling on coned, flatspotted, worn-ass f1s at the moment and my resolve to not just buy some bones as I can actually get them is weakening more and more every time I skate. :(

I just ordered 53mm 101 from rollersnakes the other day...
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #490 on: October 27, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
ight so i have the 99 full shape, and when i first got em they slid really well but after about a month or so they feel a lot softer and gripper and really dont slide that well in the streets at this point. do you think i should try the 101 classics next? do they feel more or less like streetburners? i want to be able to do long slides, but i hate that icy uncontrolled feeling..

Kinch

« Reply #491 on: October 29, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not tablet shape. I know I'm being picky but I'd much rather skate those as I loved the equivalent STF shape but much prefer the feel of Spitfire urethane. Shiner don't seem to have the tablets yet and they're pretty much the only way the UK gets DLX shit as far as I know. Also trying not to fuck with rollersnakes/r1 or any of that shit unless absolutely necessary.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #492 on: October 30, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »
lol why are they pearl colored? someone at dlx is missing a chromosome

Kinch

« Reply #493 on: November 01, 2013, 02:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not tablet shape. I know I'm being picky but I'd much rather skate those as I loved the equivalent STF shape but much prefer the feel of Spitfire urethane. Shiner don't seem to have the tablets yet and they're pretty much the only way the UK gets DLX shit as far as I know. Also trying not to fuck with rollersnakes/r1 or any of that shit unless absolutely necessary.

Following my earlier post Christian from DLX got in touch and is hooking it up. Huge thanks to Christian and DLX for this. It's been said a million times on SLAP already but you guys are the best at taking care of your customers and it really is appreciated.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #494 on: November 01, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Following my earlier post Christian from DLX got in touch and is hooking it up. Huge thanks to Christian and DLX for this. It's been said a million times on SLAP already but you guys are the best at taking care of your customers and it really is appreciated.

He's good people. Hooked me up after I managed to flatspot the tablets, but he sent classics

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: November 02, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

He's good people. Hooked me up after I managed to flatspot the tablets, but he sent classics

they actually will send you wheels if you flat spot them? thats sick. my f4s have a had a couple minor ones but one hill and they are gone

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #496 on: November 03, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »
Just got these!!! Legit. Any colored F-4's coming out in the future?

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »

Some of their pros are rolling on green ones in some IG photos out there.

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

Dye them w/ Rit dye, get creative.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #499 on: November 03, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »
I rode a friend's board with bones on it yesterday just for a few minutes and all I have to say is that it felt awful

Yea, I cannot get down with those wheels, killer bushings, but there wheels are not my thing, I couldn't imagine skating bones wheels at a smooth concrete park.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Anotherwon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some of their pros are rolling on green ones in some IG photos out there.
Green ones have been available for the testing public also for a couple of years... To me, they're officially the best feeling F4s and feel different from the one's I purchased from the shop.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
How long a lifespan are you guys getting out of these, ive had them on for a couple months

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #502 on: November 10, 2013, 07:37:02 PM »
How long a lifespan are you guys getting out of these, ive had them on for a couple months

I've had mine for three months. started as 99A 53's, they haven't gotten much smaller. I skate parks most days, but they're holding up very well. Honestly I like them better than PFC's.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »
Anybody tried dying these yet?
For Your Health

KMAC

« Reply #504 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »
so i got some 101 oj's coming off of some f4 fulls and i miss the spits already, its just full shape turned out being a bit too grippy in the streets once they got soft. the OJ's are better but I could still use a little more slide. Do you think I should opt for the 101 f4's next or was the grippiness of the 99's just due to the wider riding surface? anyone skate both duros and wanna lemme know wasup?

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #505 on: November 10, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
so i got some 101 oj's coming off of some f4 fulls and i miss the spits already, its just full shape turned out being a bit too grippy in the streets once they got soft. the OJ's are better but I could still use a little more slide. Do you think I should opt for the 101 f4's next or was the grippiness of the 99's just due to the wider riding surface? anyone skate both duros and wanna lemme know wasup?

Here's the thing with the F4's. (in my own personal experience)

I've been riding F4's for about a year and a few months in, it started with the green ones (and some blueish ones) that Damon sent me. Those were THE BEST F4's I've ridden. It seemed too perfect. I dont want to rely on the Slap cliche but I do skate hills as much as I can.

Now, the ones they released for the public are the ones everyone is riding. Right now I have the blue ones (99 duro) and those are great. I've had the 101 duro and those were also prime. The difference that I felt with the 101's is that they felt close to F1's. I still heard that signature Spitfire screech the wheels make when you powerslide and they did flatspot (albeit VERY TINY which went away after skating two hours straight). The 99 duros that I have right now are the grippiest (a bit "gummy" if that makes sense) wheels I've had. I powerslide in these and they have not flatspotted at all. But I do get a bit annoyed sometimes of the gumminess of the wheel especially when I'm skating ledges; they seem to stick to the ledge more than the 101 Duro F4's. All in all, both wheels are the best wheels in the market right now (i'm not knocking down Bones, they make great wheels as well but that plastic feel is the reason why I gave up on them) and Spitfire deserves the amount of praise they've been getting lately because of the F4's.
Just consider the type of skating you do, whether parks, street, whatever, and pick whichever wheel would go best with you. I skate street more often than parks so the next wheels I'm going to skate (and for a long while) would be the 101A Duros. Just try 'em out.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »
if anyone wants to trade some new 99a (53-55mm) for some brand new 101a 53mm Tablets...let me know

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=74254.msg2029453#msg2029453

looking to go a little grippier for the winter on indoor ramps
hardly art, hardly starving

KMAC

« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been riding F4's for about a year and a few months in, it started with the green ones (and some blueish ones) that Damon sent me. Those were THE BEST F4's I've ridden. It seemed too perfect. I dont want to rely on the Slap cliche but I do skate hills as much as I can.

Now, the ones they released for the public are the ones everyone is riding. Right now I have the blue ones (99 duro) and those are great. I've had the 101 duro and those were also prime. The difference that I felt with the 101's is that they felt close to F1's. I still heard that signature Spitfire screech the wheels make when you powerslide and they did flatspot (albeit VERY TINY which went away after skating two hours straight). The 99 duros that I have right now are the grippiest (a bit "gummy" if that makes sense) wheels I've had. I powerslide in these and they have not flatspotted at all. But I do get a bit annoyed sometimes of the gumminess of the wheel especially when I'm skating ledges; they seem to stick to the ledge more than the 101 Duro F4's. All in all, both wheels are the best wheels in the market right now (i'm not knocking down Bones, they make great wheels as well but that plastic feel is the reason why I gave up on them) and Spitfire deserves the amount of praise they've been getting lately because of the F4's.
Just consider the type of skating you do, whether parks, street, whatever, and pick whichever wheel would go best with you. I skate street more often than parks so the next wheels I'm going to skate (and for a long while) would be the 101A Duros. Just try 'em out.

wow son good looks! made the choice really easy. once these oj's are dead im definitely gonna cop some 101's since i rlly liked streetburners too

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #508 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

wow son good looks! made the choice really easy. once these oj's are dead im definitely gonna cop some 101's since i rlly liked streetburners too

no problem dad, anything for you

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2013, 08:18:31 AM »
Does anyone know if they make the 99 in a size bigger than 58?
It's the indoor park time of year so it's rightfully vert season. I know a couple of millimeters don't make that much of a difference, but the taller the wheel size the wider the riding surface with their full shape wheels. I also don't want Bones because I've always been a spitfire kind of person
fuck you bama