Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 708740 times)

shmazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2610 on: April 30, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »
They’re real good. I think they’re a bit more expensive than most of their other wheels, but they do last a long time and wear out nicely without any flat spots.

Diocletian

« Reply #2611 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:06 PM »
Been riding F4’s since they came out but for some reason never tried the conical or conical full shape. I think I ventured into trying some radials and radial slims but always went back to the good ol’ classic shape. Well, two sessions now on some 56mm 99a conical fulls and man...these are the best fuckin wheels. Super loud chirp, easier to break into a powerslide than the classic shape, yet still grips when I need them to. Might be a conical shaped wheel convert now. 

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2612 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:53 PM »
good timing

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2613 on: May 01, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should I get 101 conical fulls or 101 classics 53mm?
[close]

depends on what you skate and what you want out of your wheel, though either way I much prefer 99s
[close]
Idek what I skate, Mainly hills and some flat ground, I wanna try to skate vert.
Conical full, on 99, is your wheel
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2614 on: May 01, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should I get 101 conical fulls or 101 classics 53mm?
[close]

depends on what you skate and what you want out of your wheel, though either way I much prefer 99s
[close]
Idek what I skate, Mainly hills and some flat ground, I wanna try to skate vert.
[close]
Conical full, on 99, is your wheel
99 feels a bit soft to me though, I rely on that extra bit of slide on 180's and powerslides, perhaps you're right...

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2615 on: May 01, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
F4 99s slide just fine. I'm on some 101s right now and I definitely prefer the 99s. The 101s are just a little too icy for me. More of a ledgetarian wheel than a hill bomber.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2616 on: May 01, 2020, 07:30:18 PM »
F4 99s slide just fine. I'm on some 101s right now and I definitely prefer the 99s. The 101s are just a little too icy for me. More of a ledgetarian wheel than a hill bomber.
I could see that, I had a pair of 101 conical fulls that felt really good on certain hills, depends on the type of concrete, if it was that smooth tar stuff then it felt way to icy.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2617 on: May 01, 2020, 08:11:26 PM »

BL0B

• Rep: 414

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2619 on: May 02, 2020, 12:04:54 PM »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2620 on: May 02, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »
A classic full is basically a radial with a smaller contact patch if anyone was wondering. I have a 54mm classic full lance mountain next to some 54mm kader radials and it looks like the same shape to the untrained eye

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2621 on: May 02, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
A classic full is basically a radial with a smaller contact patch if anyone was wondering. I have a 54mm classic full lance mountain next to some 54mm kader radials and it looks like the same shape to the untrained eye
I need visuals and dimensions haha. Classic full like between a classic and a radial, but OG classic like a conical full? and bigheads are...?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2622 on: May 02, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
I would imagine they are beyond inundated with existing orders and not getting to any new projects so doubtful a 54 will be out soon. Basically if you see a wheel that is close to the shape and size you want you should buy it because in a month or so there may be even less options.

when the 54's coming

Saint Coke

« Reply #2623 on: May 02, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »
How are the radials?

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2624 on: May 02, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I need visuals and dimensions haha. Classic full like between a classic and a radial, but OG classic like a conical full? and bigheads are...?
I shit you not it’s literally this close haha

Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19
Radial 54 mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2625 on: May 02, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not what you asked but just in case:
Radial 54 vs classics 53
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #2626 on: May 02, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »
Classic fulls are classics but wait, wider.
Just shove a few more mm of contact patch. They’re cool if you want those classic edges but a wider wheel.

I didn’t care for radials all that much. Classics if you want a small wheel, conical fulls if you want a big boi.

All the shapes are good though. Just buy whatever tickles your fancy you won’t be upset.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2627 on: May 03, 2020, 08:14:32 AM »
Slim pickings out there in the distribution world for F4 right now . Literally can’t find one set of wheels

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2628 on: May 03, 2020, 08:28:41 AM »
You won’t find a bad f4 shape. On tablets now but I have a pair of the seasons classics just sitting and I’m hoping boredom doesn’t cause me to set them up when I don’t need too. Also been wanting to get another set of radial slims but 53 is kinda hard to come by in 99a so maybe it’s for the better

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2629 on: May 04, 2020, 12:19:11 AM »
Slim pickings out there in the distribution world for F4 right now . Literally can’t find one set of wheels

Follow the Spitfire and dlxsf IG stories. They regularly post which shops got new shipments of F4 wheels in.
How much for an order of ribs?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2630 on: May 04, 2020, 05:29:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Follow the Spitfire and dlxsf IG stories. They regularly post which shops got new shipments of F4 wheels in.
My local has a good selection. Free shipping if you happen to be in TX
https://nocomplyatx.com/collections/wheels

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2631 on: May 04, 2020, 07:34:03 AM »

I would imagine they are beyond inundated with existing orders and not getting to any new projects so doubtful a 54 will be out soon. Basically if you see a wheel that is close to the shape and size you want you should buy it because in a month or so there may be even less options.

I have looked far and wide for the perfect set up that restores my youth, but more importantly restores my 360 flips and kickflips. Because I don’t really feel like I’m skating unless I can land those. No luck yet.

56s will be 54s soon enough. And you might like 56s. The COVID has helped me make do with what I have, still get out and have fun, and these ideals or preferences I have don’t change much in the way of results.

We used to buy what the place had, not saying that’s the best route as a consumer, but Goldilocks wouldn’t have been so picky in a pandemic.

Expand Quote
when the 54's coming
[close]

Yeah I fucked something up here in my quoting.
To be clear, I was trying to quote/agree/add my own thoughts to what 144p said.
To whit: there isn’t as many options available, as a tribe we might need to chill on tweaking out about the small details.
This can be liberating and open up new avenues/paths, inform new preferences.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:56:54 AM by Ok »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2632 on: May 04, 2020, 08:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am actually trying to purchase wheels for a shop. deluxe just hasn’t gotten back to us, we’ve been open over a year , and still nothing in terms of getting hooked up direct thru them, so we use AWH/ Eastern.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2633 on: May 04, 2020, 10:59:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am actually trying to purchase wheels for a shop. deluxe just hasn’t gotten back to us, we’ve been open over a year , and still nothing in terms of getting hooked up direct thru them, so we use AWH/ Eastern.

That's shitty!
How much for an order of ribs?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #2634 on: May 04, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Such a dope shop.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2635 on: May 04, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Such a dope shop.

Was my goto when I lived there.

Plenty of classics at Tactics: https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-classic-skateboard-wheels/white-orange-classic-swirl-99d

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2636 on: May 04, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Such a dope shop.
[close]

Was my goto when I lived there.

Plenty of classics at Tactics: https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-classic-skateboard-wheels/white-orange-classic-swirl-99d

hell yes, 53 f4 classics are the best
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2637 on: May 05, 2020, 08:49:33 PM »
i've been a bones guy for a long time now but i want to try spitfires are. i never see a spitfire shape like the bones v3 though
even the steven

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2638 on: May 05, 2020, 08:57:36 PM »
i've been a bones guy for a long time now but i want to try spitfires are. i never see a spitfire shape like the bones v3 though

radial slim.  not the exact shape, but that would be the spitfire V3 equivalent

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2639 on: May 06, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »

There really isn't one since Spit doesn't have a 'slim' tech wheel; Radial slims are closer to the BONES V2

The V3 is basically a skinny V1, so the old Reynold's classic slim would have been the closest.