Author Topic: Gnarly things you've seen.  (Read 21941 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Gnarly things you've seen.
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:24:15 AM »
Not sure if there is a similar thread, if so, sorry...

I was coming home from a skate yesterday. Top deck of a tram.

Some Filipino middle aged women trying to cross the road.

They has suitcases and decided to dodge across the 1st two lanes as it turned to red.

At this point three or four of them stop.

Our tram is leaving but one women keeps on going, frogger style.

The tram lets her pass.

She's laughing and looking back at her friends. Instead of stopping, she doesn't look left and keeps on going.

Right into a bus. Our tram kept moving...

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Gnarly things you've seen.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:05 AM »
If were doing bus stories...

When i was about 10 i was walking home from school, then i saw a big crowd of people, so naturally i worked my way around to see what the crowd was about. That was a mistake. What i saw was a man directly under the wheel of a bus, like the bus had purposefully tried to park on-top of him. His ribs and general torso area were crushed and there was a fuck ton of blood pouring out of him all over the pavement, pretty sure he is gost now.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:22:05 AM »
one time i was riding the bus home from middle school and it was raining, i was with my best homebwaye at the time and all of a sudden we looked out the window and shit was moving sideways all craze like. then we felt the bus tip a little bit and then land back on four wheels. we had did the warren g and went up on dat two wheel motion cause the driver lost control. instead of asking if anyone was hurt or if we were ok, the driver just reversed out of the small court of houses we almost destroyed and kept on driving like nothing happened. not a word. we were almost gost.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:53:41 AM »
I recently walked to a shop near my house. On my way home, I heard a woman screaming from just up ahead. Along with a couple of other pedestrians, I ran round the corner to find a man, probably in his 50s, holding his face which was pouring blood. The woman who had screamed was comforting him and told us he'd just been attacked by a guy with a knife who she presumed was trying to steal his phone. She pointed us towards where the attacker had ran off. A whole bunch of dudes were already running over there giving chase and, being a pussy, I stayed to see if there was anything I could do to help the man who had been cut.

The police and ambulance arrived and a crowd kinda gathered but nothing really happened for a while so I went home. A few hours later, I went back to see what was up and found that the police had cordoned off a nearby street and, in the distance, I could see that they had the dude on the ground. From speaking to bystanders, it seemed that the guy wasn't trying to steal anything at all, he was just running down the street cutting people at random. Nobody got killed or anything, but it was pretty scary considering it happened at like 1pm on a sunny day in a busy and relatively safe area.

-

Also, not super gnarly but a few years back on the same street, I saw someone chasing a really sketchy looking junkie guy with a frying pan. The junkie had a giant lump on his forehead and seemed really disorientated. As they ran past a bus shelter, a big guy grabbed the junkie, slammed him to the ground and sat on him while the man with the frying pan called the police. Story was he'd sneaked into the dude's house to steal stuff, got caught red handed and took a couple of whacks to the face with the nearest blunt instrument.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2519
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:55:56 AM »
Once I was driving  to a friend's house at around noon on a hot July Saturday, so there was almost no traffic. As I was coming up to a major intersection I see a guy to my left run a red light and crash into a car (that came from his left and had a green light) making it flip and crash into a lamp post. My jaw dropped cause this was like a scene from a movie. The guy who caused the crash got out of the car and the first thing he checked was the damage to his own car. I dialed the local equivalent of 911 but no one answered. Luckily there were some pedestrians who were there so I just let them deal with it. I hope the guy went to jail (probably didn't, though).
But yeah, a car flipping over is a pretty crazy sight, plus the guy not giving a shit about what he did to the people in the other car, so fucked.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:10 AM »
got a few stories to share...

way back in 2001 or so we basically had oktoberfest in our town and some friends and i got into a fight with some thuggish dudes. one of my homies was a real giant, super big and pretty burly, when he was coming up to what appeared to be their boss or whatever, the guy pulls out a pistol and points it at my homie. coplights were flashing up and our opponents chose to retreat. my friend said he wasn't even sure if that thing was real at the moment but seeing this guy pull out a piece was still pretty gnarly to me.

over the course of several years of going to different people to get weed, i have encountered several funny guys that chose to point their guns at me for pure laughs. i never found it funny, you assholes.

i used to do some graffiti in my teenage years, but later i just went with the others to just lurk around and look for cops or something while they are doing their thing. there were some intense moments for sure, like dodging trains, the occasional run from a person you think could be a cop and so on. i feel to old for this now. i would get a heart attack. i can't even watch brutal horror flicks anymore. oh well...

a few years ago, we were skating this little plaza until late into the night and got pretty drunk in the process. this cute girl comes up up and starts to hang out with us. i'm already psyched, because she was hot and seemed really smart and we both got along quite well. let me just say her boyfriend later on threatened me with a knife. it was super dark, i didn't hit him with my board, it was like a ten minute standoff, i only saw the knife blink up and didn't really know where to hit so i just kind of used my board as a shield and yelled pretty ridiculuos threats at this guy. someone must have called the cops, as soon as they showed up, the guy and his friends backed off and ran away.

anyone out of hamburg, germany on this board is probably familiar with the flora bowl, a diy bowl behind a squatted house in one of the most popular areas in hamburg. next to the flora there is small park where a lot of drug dealers dwell, especially on the weekends. one night, two of them got into a heavy fight right next to the bowl. i can only imagine they both were on cocaine or something. every sober person would have already passed out. we saw how the one guy beat the other in the face with a brick, each one broke a beer bottle over the other guys head, both seemed to pass out at least twice, then getting back up again and charging again at each other. these guys were going for a kill for sure. not even their friends could hold them back. it all ended with one of them getting stabbed and carried away by an ambulance while the other tried to get away from the cops but supposedly didn't make it and most likely went to the hospital, too. the gnarliest beat up i've ever seen. it was the kind where you feel compelled to yell "stop it!!!" but you just have to accept that you can't prevent these idiots from beating each other to death.

after a night out drinking, some friends and me chose to smoke some weed on our way home and rest at a small plaza. this ragged but good natured looking dude comes up to us, asking for a cig. he then off course smells the weed and doesn't even ask for a drag, just says he loves that smell. we offer him to smoke the rest of it, since we were all good already. he is super grateful and basically tells us where hes at in his life. said he is 28, hiv-positive, just coming back from frankfurt to get his heroin fix, and basically dead, because he also has cancer and has been an alcoholic for the longest time so his liver is fucked too. he said we were the first people in a long time that just treated him like a random dude and how happy it made him. he then burst into tears, saying "thanks for looking out for a dead man" and leaves.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:36:57 AM »

People just blown out on drugs or alcohol in public is pretty fucked up every time.

When I was six, I broke the tibia and fibula bones in my right leg in half in an accident. The sight of my foot and leg below the break flopping around like a fish afterwards is something I'll never forget.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:35 AM »
Back when I was 5 or 6 I guess I've witnessed a suicide. Say I guess because I do not remember anything about that, my mother once told me that but we never spoke of that again. It was a middle east dude jumping off an hotel window in spain.

Then in 2010 I went to venice beach and walked on the classic street where the skatepark is at and saw a junky laying on a bench, he wasnt sleeping, after a while ambulance came and took him away. Also a friend of mine saw a clochard getting shot in SF
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »
When I was 7 or 8 and living in NY, my dad was walking me to school as we came up to this crowd of people on this sidewalk. They were all staring at this truck that was just sitting there and as soon as we passed through, we saw there was a woman under the truck. My dad gave me to trustworthy businesswoman and he went to tend to her. I was honestly pretty oblivious to the whole thing and was showing these two women all of my basketball cards. They were pretty nice and maybe that's why I wasn't paying much attention to how fucked up the situation really was. I do remember that a firetruck, that I assume was responding to it, made a wrong turn and passed right by and everyone was yelling. When we got to school, my dad was just explaining why I was late and I guess listening to him actually say it upset me and I burst out crying. I remember years later, my dad told me that he had read the woman had been crossing the street, got hit and run over by the front wheels, and later died from her injuries.

This past winter, I was driving into Baltimore to shoot some photos with a friend when I came up to some backed up traffic. I could see that there was an emergency roadcrew-type truck there, but no cops, ambulances or anything else. They were directing everyone to the far left lane to get by and I eventually made my way up to the incident. I thought it was some dumb fender bender that they needed to move off the road, but as I passed by, I saw a man's body laying there with all of his limbs completely broken and his head facing the wrong way. Driving a little more, I saw a 18-wheeler just sitting in the shoulder and I put 2 and 2 together. I read that the guy was running across to get something and got hit by the truck. I had never seen anything quite like that in real life so I was a bit freaked out.

And I'm with ttching! I really hate seeing so many addicts out of it. It's just really sad.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »
Saw a bunch of gnarly old junkies shoot up in public when i was in Montreal. They looked so fucked afterwards, bummer.
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »
During my time in the ER I have seen a few people die.  The worst one was when the family was in the waiting room, and their father was dead, but they did not yet know it and they kept asking me about him when I was calling in other patients.  What do you say to them? 

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
Saw a crust punk take a big bite out of a Native dude's ear first day living in Downtown Toronto.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:13 AM »
My last visit to Chicago a while back (think it was 06?) I was eating ice cream out in front of this shop and saw this woman get run over and killed by a truck.

The fucked up thing was, it was at a four way stop and the truck was just doing what he was supposed to do...he stopped at the stop sign and this woman walked in front of his truck but she was really short and he couldn't see her over the front (hood?) of his truck, so he just went forward and basically ran her over really slow. She was trapped under the wheels and people were screaming and running over. It was pretty tragic. I didn't know she died until I looked for it in the paper and found it. I was bummed. Poor girl...just out walking around one minute and then dead the next.

The ice cream tasted like poo after that.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 12:00:27 PM »
"come on out and meet Jesus"

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1501
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
I had to photograph the autopsy of a six year old girl.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
Walked in on my mom blowing my step dad on the toilet when I was 4.

Will Easley

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 03:09:25 PM »
A long time ago at this indoor skatepark in atlanta I saw some girl on rollerblades try to drop in on the 12 foot vert ramp & she literally fell straight to the bottom flat on her face and lost some teeth. Blood all over her mouth n shit. i was like 12 years old so i was kinda shook for a lil bit lol.

Another time me & a buddy were skating to some spot and all of the sudden we see like 3 cop cars whiz by and like half a block away theres this huge drug bust in the middle of this liquor store parking lot. The cops pulled out their guns & arrested some chick & a dude. we then saw a cop pull out one of those really big ziplock bags filled with what looked like cocaine out of the suspects car. me & my friend were just sitting in someones lawn across street in awe.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:37:03 PM by Will Easley »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
That Louisville kid snapping his leg in half was pretty gnarly

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »
Busing downtown and we were going down a hill and I was looking outside the window and this biker was going fucking mach 10 down the hill on the sidewalk going past shops and this lady and her baby come out of a shop and the dude crashes into the lady and her baby, they all go flying and the baby does at least 5 barrel rolls, the lady smacks into a dining table. I literally yelled "Holy shit!" in the bus and everyone looks at me and I go "Did anyone see that?" they all look at me like im crazy. I don't know what happened to them though.

Another one was I was at a mates b day party and he had this camera taking photos of everyone and tells me and my other mate to look after it so we go looking through the pictures and we come across photos of someone heating up spoons and shooting up, then we scroll some more and there's a picture of like 4 fat lines of coke, various amounts of neon colored pills, one of those huge bottles of Jack, an ounce of weed and me and my mate looked at each other like what the fuck?

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
We had a guy in our squadron who developed schizophrenia while on our first deployment to Afghanistan. You could totally see the psychological break down he was having over a period of a few days. Just completely losing his touch with reality. The Commanding Officer scheduled him the quickest flight home to get him some help. We were launching a big mission that day, so everyone was out loading up the helicopters, and as I'm checking my gear, I realized I left my NVG's back in the shop. I run back, open the door, and he is sitting there with a M16 in his mouth, and our Gunnery Sergeant trying to talk to him. The kid mumbles something, and pulls the trigger. I had to go on a four flight after that, and then patrol for 3 days. It didnt even seem real.

I could literally tell dozens of stories from different deployments. Afghanistan, Iraq, the tsunami relief in Japan. Walking Street in Thailand. Craziest shit ever.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
Saw a women get hit by a van in Toronto when I was around 9 or 10. My babysitter rushed over and apparently the woman had been hit hard enough for her scalp to be ripped off and stuck on the grill of the van. I thought it was a wig.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Oh and this thread, by the way is already amazing, so many fucked up things SLAP Pals have encountered.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
I had to photograph the autopsy of a six year old girl.

I thought this was bad until...

Walked in on my mom blowing my step dad on the toilet when I was 4.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 05:10:10 PM »
I had a buddy die airing the spine gap at our skate park with his brother and sister in law there. Landed back on his board and suffered horrible brain injuries. I wasn't there but had friends calling me after freaking out. I went by as he was getting put in the ambulance it was fucked.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »
I had a buddy die airing the spine gap at our skate park with his brother and sister in law there. Landed back on his board and suffered horrible brain injuries. I wasn't there but had friends calling me after freaking out. I went by as he was getting put in the ambulance it was fucked.

Fuck dude that sucks :/

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 05:30:52 PM »

Another one was I was at a mates b day party and he had this camera taking photos of everyone and tells me and my other mate to look after it so we go looking through the pictures and we come across photos of someone heating up spoons and shooting up, then we scroll some more and there's a picture of like 4 fat lines of coke, various amounts of neon colored pills, one of those huge bottles of Jack, an ounce of weed and me and my mate looked at each other like what the fuck?
fuck how did you ever recover from that one?

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
fuck how did you ever recover from that one?
I honestly don't know if you being sarcastic or not? I don't know it was just weird seeing that, my mate who owns the camera doesn't seem like the type to do that kind of shit, except the jack and the pot.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:30 PM »
Me and some friends were in SF for the first time about a month ago. We stayed at some shady motel in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Can't remember the adress, but it was pretty close to Market Street. Anyways; One night we were about to smoke a joint before we went to bed, so we decided to take a walk around the block since it was a non-smoking motel room, and we weren't to psyched on having to pay extra if the room smelled like weed. So we went outside, and just cruised around while we smoked the joint. Suddenly we came across this ledge that looked like fun, so we stopped and checked it out. And while we stood there these 3 or 4 white dudes(which seemed to be in a hurry) comes up to us and asks if we want to trade some bottles for some trees. We thought the whole situation was pretty sketchy, so we said like "nah, we're good. Thanks" and they kept walking/jogging, and then a bunch of black dudes came running, and one of them stops and pulls up his shirt and shows us his gun and says something. I was high as fuck and pretty much scared to death(haha), so I didnt catch what he said.
About 1 minute later 4 or 5 cop cars comes drifting around the street corner, and we're like in the middle of an episode of Cops. There was a black BMW making a run for it, and people were running everywhere.

Guess they had robbed a liquor store or something.

This might be a daily routine for some of you guys, but for me, who's grown up in a small and peaceful town in Europe, it was pretty gnarly.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »
My lady found a remote in some fat woman's rolls. Nurses don't make enough money.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »
Saw someone eat shit skating stairs and compound fracture their leg.

A line of 6 dead bodies on the side of an overturned van. Each covered in white sheets soaked with blood.

Was at a party in Irvine of all places (one of the safest cities in the US), and heard gunshots. Walked outside and saw a guy bleeding from his stomach on the ground.

Was in Oakland, walking down the street at night and see a guy nonchalantly walking with a shotgun. We dart into my friends house and hear a full-on shootout going down two houses over.

Just recently heard a shooting and saw a post-shootout stampede during a street festival. Strange seeing a look of terror on the face of hundreds of people at the same time.

Saw fast moving and dense traffic all slam on their brakes at once, but no clue what was going on. Huge cloud of smoke from all the brakes and tires. Then a car emerges from the smoke spinning on it's roof, skidding down the freeway.

Saw a cop in France punch a woman in the face - wasn't really too crazy considering some fights I have seen in 3rd world countries, but it was just shocking to see a huge man punch a woman in the nose. She was bleeding A LOT.

Speaking of third world fights, guess I will mention one that was pretty gnarly. Within the first 30 minutes of being out of the airport in East Timor (google it), I see a guy break a chair over another dudes head and immediately start choking the woman he was with. I was in a car, driving by and the people I am with say "Welcome to Timor".

And fuck it, if you want me to be honest about the gnarliest - I held my mother in my arms as she was puking bile and died. 3 years later I found my father dead on the floor.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:02:51 PM by happenstance »