Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43960 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »
New one in! Now it's a State concept i did to send them. I know they are a new small company so they may dig my stuff. It's a lot classier and trendy than the tech shoes i usually do but it has some tech features too. perverted super otaku! told me to do a Canvas shoe so here it is. Hope you guys dig it!  ;)

(got some ideas for the colorway and details from the Herman 2, one of my all time fav's...)

even before I scrolled I new which emerica model you got your inspiration from. + 5 points for the vegan upper too

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2016, 11:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
New one in! Now it's a State concept i did to send them. I know they are a new small company so they may dig my stuff. It's a lot classier and trendy than the tech shoes i usually do but it has some tech features too. perverted super otaku! told me to do a Canvas shoe so here it is. Hope you guys dig it!  ;)
[close]

even before I scrolled I new which emerica model you got your inspiration from. + 5 points for the vegan upper too

You know i have good taste in shoes eheh if i could chose a emerica shoe to be rereleased would be those probably. I know that there are classic models that people love but i skated those and they were so good. That puffy collar is next level confort.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2016, 06:18:56 AM »
New one in! Now it's a State concept i did to send them. I know they are a new small company so they may dig my stuff. It's a lot classier and trendy than the tech shoes i usually do but it has some tech features too. perverted super otaku! told me to do a Canvas shoe so here it is. Hope you guys dig it!  ;)

(got some ideas for the colorway and details from the Herman 2, one of my all time fav's...)

You should probably just swap that S for an Emerica triangle. What are those, rubber thumb tabs? This just isn't the kind of shoe State wants to do. Also, I dig how you hated on them for unoriginality, then you just rip-off an Emerica shoe...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2016, 06:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
New one in! Now it's a State concept i did to send them. I know they are a new small company so they may dig my stuff. It's a lot classier and trendy than the tech shoes i usually do but it has some tech features too. perverted super otaku! told me to do a Canvas shoe so here it is. Hope you guys dig it!  ;)

[close]

You should probably just swap that S for an Emerica triangle. What are those, rubber thumb tabs? This just isn't the kind of shoe State wants to do. Also, I dig how you hated on them for unoriginality, then you just rip-off an Emerica shoe...

If you think this shoe is a staight rip-off you should get your eyes checked. If you think a shoe appears from nowhere than you're just dumb! It's called inspiration, and i even told you all where i took it because i dont have any problems with it. They are still pretty unique and original.

I love how you hate things with true passion but then i just have pitty of you. You're the lamest dude around here but i think you already know it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If you think this shoe is a staight rip-off you should get your eyes checked. If you think a shoe appears from nowhere than you're just dumb! It's called inspiration, and i even told you all where i took it because i dont have any problems with it. They are still pretty unique and original.

I love how you hate things with true passion but then i just have pitty of you. You're the lamest dude around here but i think you already know it.

C'mon, dude. You put a toecap on it, too. Toecap, 2016. Pretty unique? You even ridged the toecap just like the Nike CK1.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2016, 07:58:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

C'mon, dude. You put a toecap on it, too. Toecap, 2016. Pretty unique? You even ridged the toecap just like the Nike CK1.

The only thing i took from the Herman 2 was that deco stich and the colorway (but that doesnt even count IMO).
I wanted to make a shoe with a vegan upper, like canvas, but that would last a week without the toe cap so I went with it, 2016 or not.
The ridge on the toecap has a function. Its where the shoe gets more abrasion from flips so it makes sense to have more rubber there and less in the Pinky toe zone to still be able to flex. The rubber toe it's not just a gimmick, it works so why not use it?! That ridge appears in shoes like the matchcourt, the all court, the NB pro court, the converse jack purcell, gives it a more classier look that tech so it made sense. And tell me what shoes you know that have a rubber toe cap and are cupsoles? I dont remember any.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The only thing i took from the Herman 2 was that deco stich and the colorway (but that doesnt even count IMO).
I wanted to make a shoe with a vegan upper, like canvas, but that would last a week without the toe cap so I went with it, 2016 or not.
The ridge on the toecap has a function. Its where the shoe gets more abrasion from flips so it makes sense to have more rubber there and less in the Pinky toe zone to still be able to flex. The rubber toe it's not just a gimmick, it works so why not use it?! That ridge appears in shoes like the matchcourt, the all court, the NB pro court, the converse jack purcell, gives it a more classier look that tech so it made sense. And tell me what shoes you know that have a rubber toe cap and are cupsoles? I dont remember any.

Adidas superstar.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2016, 08:05:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Adidas superstar.

Well thats a classic, but even the skate version is vulcanized.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2016, 12:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Do you see that it's hypocritical of you to defend yourself for ripping off a bunch of shoes in your own designs, but to bemoan State in another thread for doing the same thing? Or how it's hypocritical of you to call me lame for calling out your unoriginality when did the same thing to State in another thread?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do you see that it's hypocritical of you to defend yourself for ripping off a bunch of shoes in your own designs, but to bemoan State in another thread for doing the same thing? Or how it's hypocritical of you to call me lame for calling out your unoriginality when did the same thing to State in another thread?

Dude, you're just trying to put me down because you dont like me, not giving any constructive criticism, that's why you're lame.
This shoe was not meant to break any walls with it's design but it's unique on it's own. If you think it's unoriginal it's up to you (however i dont agree), but if you think it's on State level of blandness then you're being delusional...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dude, you're just trying to put me down because you dont like me, not giving any constructive criticism, that's why you're lame.
This shoe was not meant to break any walls with it's design but it's unique on it's own. If you think it's unoriginal it's up to you (however i dont agree), but if you think it's on State level of blandness then you're being delusional...

So you're going to ignore that you're a hypocrite, then?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

So you're going to ignore that you're a hypocrite, then?

Yeah, i'm going to ignore your hate towards me.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »

You're interacting with Makaveli, you should probably stop that ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah i know, i was just trying to clean all his shit talk over my image.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Coenobita

« Reply #284 on: April 27, 2016, 12:59:55 AM »
Dude, your mock Lakai shoe model looks amazing! Love how sleek it looks, even more so than the Es Swifts. I would happily purchase a pair.

Fuck Makaveli, women only sleep with him to spite their parents. He's a toxic naysayer. Keep designing man, you're really talented.  ;)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2016, 01:45:53 AM »
Second that^ keep killing it Skatan

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:12 AM »
Thanks tay and silky! I'll keep posting stuff! ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah i know, i was just trying to clean all his shit talk over my image.

Skatan cares too much about his online reputation

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2016, 11:05:21 AM »
Really hyped on this new one i made!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »

So rad!!! I'd skate the fuck out of those

edit: actually a bit sad they are not real lol, get on that State!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:55:00 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
Really hyped on this new one i made!

Yeah man these look rad!

fangen

« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2016, 06:01:50 PM »
Further proof that tech cupsoles are the opposite of timeless.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »

Soo is this makaveli second account?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah just another shit troll

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2016, 06:21:21 PM »
So rad!!! I'd skate the fuck out of those

edit: actually a bit sad they are not real lol, get on that State!
It was fun to draw a canvas shoe! Thanks for the idea man! ;) State page on insta saw this drawing and gave me a really kind comment which was nice of them. I'm not expecting them to give me a job, they dont owe me nothing, but its cool to have companies getting back to you and giving cool feedback.

Yeah man these look rad!

Thanks dude. I was in a creative crisis this week and then this came on paper. One of my own favourites designs thats for sure. I think i nailed a cool silhouette with it.
I actually got one a new connect today because of this drawing... Lets hope something comes along with it. :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
nah just another shit troll

Maybe they're sisters...  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Eric ricks

« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »
Please for the sake of all of us draw up a Es ronniecreager inspired shoe in navy grey and red

Ps your designs are awesome

Randozzi

« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
In my dream world an OG Lakai Manchester and the Busenitz would hump and create the best shoe in the history of ever ever ever.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2016, 12:08:41 AM »

Hey Isaac, I hope you get royalties.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:00 AM »
Please for the sake of all of us draw up a Es ronniecreager inspired shoe in navy grey and red

Ps your designs are awesome

Thanks Eric! I'll try to sketch something when i'm not busy...

Hey Isaac, I hope you get royalties.

If only they were a cupsole! :(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP