Author Topic: Do indys really live up to their lifetime guarantee  (Read 4918 times)

Bluntmane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Do indys really live up to their lifetime guarantee
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:23:42 PM »
Dont get me wrong indys are definitely the best trucks to skate but the last couple pairs ive had the kingpins broke and my most recent pair the pivot cup blew out really quick

anybody else have these problems

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
Re: Do indys really live up to their lifetime guarantee
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
they do, but come on, dont be a bitch, the king pin is not the truck, also the pivot cup is just some tiny piece of plastic that AINT the truck either, you could just replace it.
i broke my baseplate last july, contacted nhs through email, they replied right away, all that they required in order to replace them, was some pics for proof, thats it.
sent my old trucks, received a fresh set of 8.5's and a couple of stickers, so im more than happy with indy.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
sorry for the (,'s) i was on my phone and it does that shit all the time.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
I can guarantee you that Indy does live up to their lifetime warranty. I've brought in numerous sets of trucks (normally with slipped axles but also other miscellaneous breakage) and have never ever been denied. In fact, it's never taken longer than maybe 5 minutes to walk in, give them my old trucks, get the new ones, and on my merry way.

Bluntmane

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
thats tight
They just fucked up after a short period of time, indys are no question the best trucks

Bluntmane

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
im not talking about the warranty, i mean that they should last a really long time without breaking

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
I'm okay with them not lasting my lifetime because that's a really serious commitment I'm not sure I can make.

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »
I emailed troy @ nhs (I believe) a picture of my truck broken in half and they told me to ship it in and cpl weeks later I received a brand new pair.

tldr; yes

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »
I'm dead and my Indys never broke so.......

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
All I know is that people who complain about Indy seem to dissapear . Now Im not saying that Indy has a black ops team of assassins that kill and de-teeth and burn their corpses . But there is alot of burned corpses

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »
im not talking about the warranty, i mean that they should last a really long time without breaking

Yes they do...All of I've ridden for years are classic Indy 139's and I've never had a problem (not even a broken kingpin). I've had to replace a bushing here or there, but that's about it. A set lasts me probably around a year and then I get new ones. As a matter of fact I gave my nephew an old set of mine that were still in OK condition just today.

It seems like anyone who's ever had a problem with them has had good experiences dealing with the company so far too so it seems like they do honor their guarantee.

The only bad thing I will say about them is that I know from my friends who have broken the kingpins, that they're a pain in the ass to get out and put back in. My buddy and I have had to change two of his (he's a big dude who lands hard) and we struggled.

imgne

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
Changing kingpin's on any trucks is a pain in the ass, but if you find yourself breaking kingpins on the regular, your riding your trucks too tight.

Bluntmane

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
Na i ride my trucks really loose, ive just had a problem with a couple pairs
they usually last me a year before i have to get new ones
i dont skate any other trucks besides indys

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
How does a pivot cup blowout? That's not even possible.. Just stick a new cone in there

Will Easley

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:07 PM »
 As for someone who's never skated a pair, what's the big deal about indy trucks? Dont get me wrong im not hatin on em or anything but I mostly skate thunders & ventures which are pretty much the "perfect" trucks for me (thunders turn better, ventures last forever) and every time ive checked out Indys at the shop they seem kinda heavy. I just wanna know why they have such a HUGE following, aside from being around for a while of course.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »
Mine are bent.

Last pair I had also bent.

I'm trying Thunders when I get a new set.

I wouldn't flat out say fuck Independent but based upon my experiences I do feel that they are overrated!

Aleister gnarly

• Rep: -10
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
How does a pivot cup blowout? That's not even possible.. Just stick a new cone in there

My pivot blows out all the time, it is because my trucks are super loose.  The hanger  shakes around in the pivot which leads it to fall apart.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »
I know Indy and Thunder for sure live up to the guarantee. Mostly when the axles slip, base plates crack and the hanger cracks. A kingpin can easily be replaced for like $2. I wouldn't really say that counts as a broken truck. I am not sure about Venture but now that they are at DXLSF - those dudes are really keen on making sure you get the best product.

Also for Will - The hype on Indy's comes from their turning and performance. A lot of my friends who skate em fully back em and usually stick to them and nothing else- I grew up skating Indy's and Ventures and about 2-3 years a go I came up on a set of Thunders through here and since then I've stuck with em. In my opinion they are like a cross between the two- Light weight, turn well and just work perfect for me.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
^ I don't think much has changed with Venture, just the distro. Ermico is the foundry, located at Deluxe; they pour Indy, Thunder and Venture and have for a long time.  I do agree that Thunder is the balance between Indy and Venture.

93tilinfinity

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
INDEPENDENT and the people at NHS hooked it up. It cost me like 5 bucks to ship at the post office.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:15 AM »
As for someone who's never skated a pair, what's the big deal about indy trucks? Dont get me wrong im not hatin on em or anything but I mostly skate thunders & ventures which are pretty much the "perfect" trucks for me (thunders turn better, ventures last forever) and every time ive checked out Indys at the shop they seem kinda heavy. I just wanna know why they have such a HUGE following, aside from being around for a while of course.
because they are man trucks. grow a pair and get some.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 02:54:36 AM »
Who cares, do you really want your trucks to last forever? Just like carbon fibre in boards, how long do you want to run the same shit? New stuff feels good. Indy's are good but the whole "Indy for life" and "Fuck the Rest" marketing stuff is lame.

Will Easley

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol get the fuck outta here thunders are half as light and turn just as good if not better. If you wanna talk about growing a pair we can both skate a nice long handrail & find out which ones grind better too.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
Who cares, do you really want your trucks to last forever? Just like carbon fibre in boards, how long do you want to run the same shit? New stuff feels good. Indy's are good but the whole "Indy for life" and "Fuck the Rest" marketing stuff is lame.

comparing Indys to carbon fiber does not even make sense. I dont even know what you are talking about, new trucks feel horrible.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 08:08:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Lol get the fuck outta here thunders are half as light and turn just as good if not better. If you wanna talk about growing a pair we can both skate a nice long handrail & find out which ones grind better too.

Ha. Uh...why do you need light trucks?
and deal, and after the handrail we will see how many tiles you can grind on your pinner thunders.

Will Easley

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Ha. Uh...why do you need light trucks?
and deal, and after the handrail we will see how many tiles you can grind on your pinner thunders.

Clearly I've said I skate ventures so I don't "need" light trucks but it is nice to have a lightweight setup that flips easy. You sound regular tryna bag on thunders as if they're not arguably the best truck brand out right now.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »
Dont get me wrong indys are definitely the best trucks to skate but the last couple pairs ive had the kingpins broke and my most recent pair the pivot cup blew out really quick

anybody else have these problems
Pivot cups were always shit in indies. I have replaced them with some Destructo really thick ones and never looked back.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 08:24:30 AM »
word, I probably am slightly regular for that. but i found it humerous that you mentioned another truck that is lighter when we were talking about growing a pair. heavier shit definitely grinds more proper.  

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

comparing Indys to carbon fiber does not even make sense. I dont even know what you are talking about, new trucks feel horrible.
Carbon fibre boards are supposed to maintain pop for longer but how long do you want to skate a board before its dead anyway, nose chipped, tail worn. If you've skated your trucks enough to break them good for you, if they broke before then it's a manufacturing fault and they should be replaced anyway. New trucks aren't my favourite but I'll take them over some busted ones worn to the axle clinging on to their lifetime guarantee.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:28 AM »

I also prefer a lighter truck, so I opt for the Indys with the hollow axle and kingpin.