Author Topic: Nyjah Firing Line  (Read 3914 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Nyjah Firing Line
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »
not saying that nyjah has a good switch push but one switch push going fast and setting up for a switch heel 5-0 is hardly a good gauge of switch pushes. juss sayin tho.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 01:12:11 AM »
Haha! The SLAP filter is so ridiculous. "Shitty tre... Bad switch push... chauvinist pig..."

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 01:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pure sure I'd rather have his bag of tricks with half as much consistency before I'd ask for clean switch push. Holy fuck you guys are lame. that's like calling a girl ugly despite her perfect ass, tits, & face, for a small pimple on her chin.
[close]

From now on I'm going to assume that the less rep you have the more logical and thought out your posts are.

EDIT: so far it checks out.
[close]

haha ok how baout no and because its just however u want it like skateboarding today you know?
[close]
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Now I'm as into however as thorough as it goes, but girl why you get gone?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:33 AM »
I'd take his tricks over a good push any day. That might be because I have a good push and everything else sucks. How sick would it be to almost fall off your board when you're trying to move around, and then do a switch heel 50 on the inside? Everything except that 3 flip. I'll keep mine.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 05:10:49 AM »
yeah, this was one of the better hungarian spots, now it's full of skate stoppers  :-\

here is another great clip from this spot (the edit is lame but the skating is pretty good)

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »
the question is could a girl do this

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
aaaaah, i remember walking by that spot at new years eve, looked so much fun to skate.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pure sure I'd rather have his bag of tricks with half as much consistency before I'd ask for clean switch push. Holy fuck you guys are lame. that's like calling a girl ugly despite her perfect ass, tits, & face, for a small pimple on her chin.
[close]

From now on I'm going to assume that the less rep you have the more logical and thought out your posts are.

EDIT: so far it checks out.
[close]

haha ok how baout no and because its just however u want it like skateboarding today you know?
[close]
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
[close]
Now I'm as into however as thorough as it goes, but girl why you get gone?

Fuckin dying over here.  lolololol
I suck at SLAP.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »
What did Nyjah say about female skaters?

Sneakmin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »
What did Nyjah say about female skaters?

Basically told them to keep the wood riding in the bedroom.  This "sport" is not for em.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
most suprising in this clip is that he didnt yell any anti-femenist things while skating . Was almost sure he would yell his usual

women shouldnt vote

women shouldnt ride in the front seat or drive

women should all be chained in the kitchen

He should just convert to Islam already.

Whenever I watch Nyjah skate lines, I'm reminded of that lost Austyn Gillette interview where he said he thought Silas looked like he wouldn't even be able to stand on the board until he starts doing tricks.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65234
  • Team -65K
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
No style at all dude is a joke.

He should learn mongo switch.

My mom push switch way better than him.

I lol'ed

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
Expand Quote
most suprising in this clip is that he didnt yell any anti-femenist things while skating . Was almost sure he would yell his usual

women shouldnt vote

[close]

Whenever I watch Nyjah skate lines, I'm reminded of that lost Austyn Gillette interview where he said he thought Silas looked like he wouldn't even be able to stand on the board until he starts doing tricks.
What interview was this? I remember him saying the opposite, that Silas was super talented but didn't think of himself that way and it was frustrating to skate with him.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

women shouldnt vote

[close]

[close]
What interview was this? I remember him saying the opposite, that Silas was super talented but didn't think of himself that way and it was frustrating to skate with him.

So, if you link to the interview now, its different, but the original text was posted by Mr Thunder. It was more of a back handed complement than a straight diss:

"And that kept you on the team?
No. Lasting trips with Fred [Gall] and getting in physical fights with Brennan [Conroy] is what did it. It's weird. I got tortured and I know Silas [Baxter-Neal] got harshed a good amount getting on the team from Stefan Renaud, but the recent additions to the team didn't have to do anything. Marius Sylvanen got on in one night. Daryl Angel got on basically because Stefan Janoski and I don't want to talk about that situation. No one is getting harshed to get on anymore. It's easy nowadays.

At any point during filming, did you get so frustrated watching Silas skate that you wanted to pull a Tonya Harding?
I don't skate with Silas. I don't get along with him too well. He's bitter and I'm not bitter and we don't get along together. We really don't work well together and we've both accepted it. I've seen him skate in person and it's really annoying because he can do anything and he doesn't look like that kind of person. He doesn't look like someone who is even capable of pushing. He does the most incredible tricks I've ever seen in my life. He's probably one of the best out there. He's rad to watch in person.

i can only imagine that is some dry sarcasm as there would be no point in saying you dont get along with so and so when the question is just asking what it's like seeing him skate... you would just say the end bit, "He's probably one of the best out there. He's rad to watch in person"

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
^Damn that's one confusing interview. I remember hearing elsewhere that he and Silas had beef, but it also seemed like a it could have been a joke.

And the Daryl Angel part? Aren't they BFFs???

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
leg spasm tre

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
I'd take his tricks over a good push any day. That might be because I have a good push and everything else sucks. How sick would it be to almost fall off your board when you're trying to move around, and then do a switch heel 50 on the inside? Everything except that 3 flip. I'll keep mine.

A good push is pretty indicative of good style, rather than trick-boarding. I see so many kids these days that can't push for shit (or bomb hills, or carve, or anything else about actually riding a skateboard) but can knock out some flip-in flip-out tech trick. Fuck that noise. That's not skateboarding, that's just doing tricks.

And goddamn that 3 flip was hideous.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A good push is pretty indicative of good style, rather than trick-boarding. I see so many kids these days that can't push for shit (or bomb hills, or carve, or anything else about actually riding a skateboard) but can knock out some flip-in flip-out tech trick. Fuck that noise. That's not skateboarding, that's just doing tricks.

And goddamn that 3 flip was hideous.

I agree with you. Style is very important. I'm just speaking as a 32 year old who can push well and can't do a whole lot else.

There should be a mandatory orientation when people start skating where they spend an hour on the important of 3 flip style. Shoot Donny Barley at 1000fps and do a frame by frame break down for the benefit of all.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
I think the most amazing part of the vid was that it was filmed by JIMMY ASTLEFORD ! Has he been on the inside of the industry this whole time? 

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
I think the most amazing part of the vid was that it was filmed by JIMMY ASTLEFORD ! Has he been on the inside of the industry this whole time? 

yeah... i feel like he started working for transworld right when he left world industries...

diccdogg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 07:49:41 PM »

no one is saying the girl is ugly. they're just saying the pimple sucks. you fucking idiot.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no one is saying the girl is ugly. they're just saying the pimple sucks. you fucking idiot.

and it's more permanent than a pimple. like, a hairy mole.

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »
don't really give a shit about that push, but i fucking hated that yo flip.

Will Easley

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

and it's more permanent than a pimple. like, a hairy mole.

wow the girl's appearance analogy was actually pretty on point. I like what you guys did with it

railchomper420

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:01 AM »
if anyone is serious I have no hope. it was solid, downhill. 4 trick line, way better than that bullshit eli reed one, this line is something Koston would use