Author Topic: JENKEM: Brian Anderson discusses 3D Skateboards  (Read 19955 times)

neko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: JENKEM: Brian Anderson discusses 3D Skateboards
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »
I'd like to hear AO's justification for wanting to leave the company that took him from nothing to notoriety...

I imagine it's the stress / crazy China trips / Ty thing. He doesn't seem like the type of person that enjoys stress or being told what to do.

DirtCity

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »
was contemplating a keith haring tattoo for awhile, then saw BA walking around tampa and spotted his and knew it had to happen.

really stoked on 3d, and great job Ian on the write-up, best interview i've read in awhile

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
Expand Quote
I'd like to hear AO's justification for wanting to leave the company that took him from nothing to notoriety...
[close]

I imagine it's the stress / crazy China trips / Ty thing. He doesn't seem like the type of person that enjoys stress or being told what to do.

Yeah... it must be rough getting flown to China and getting paid to skate perfect spots everyday.  I'd probably quit too if I had was forced into that kind of hard labor.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not really an excuse though, what happens when nike wants a part from him and he does the same shit with jason? Dudes been professionally skating for almost 10 years and he doesnt have any parts you can go back to and say how awesome he is. The photos and web clips are great but most of his career is other people telling the audience how great he is. He can kind of make shitty techno music and has some occasionally great designs for boards but whatever. Im rooting for 3D only because BA and gillette are on it. If alex has just been holding all his footage for a 3D part and unloads it all in one classic part thatd be great but if not, can you really sustain a whole career with a tumblr, an instagram account and guest appearances in other peoples stuff?

Greg Road

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
Judging by his interviews / other peoples insights and the way his flakey dad raised him (or unraised him) it's no wonder the guy is never putting out any footage.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Judging by his interviews / other peoples insights and the way his flakey dad raised him (or unraised him) it's no wonder the guy is never putting out any footage.
You sir, are right on the money

Laban Fetus

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
I feel like he's more inclined to do a good job than his father but they definitely share the same traits. Steve Olson was someone heralded for his style in the past but probably got about the same amount of coverage or even littler. That Grosso comment about skateboarders going into "junkie punk rock land" and "trying to become models/artists" was obviously directed at him. Don't go into junkie techno land, Alex.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:59:41 AM by Laban Fetus »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »
Alex could just pull a Jason Lee if he wanted to, but he's got to put out his Visual Sound first.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I UNSCHOOL'd alex

Shut up dad!

You wanna see? I'll show you on the internet right now.

Okay big mouth, let's see it.

I can't, the internet's down.

Psh whatever.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

S.E.

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »
you weirdos think having an actual "part" is something related to the level of respect you get within skateboarding? its 2013, that shits gone.  the dude skates quite a bit and releases little pieces here and there rather than hoard all his special maneuvers for some dumb company to cash in off of it.  Alex Olson (as of recently) has decided to take his marketability into his own hands rather than whore himself out.  Yeah he's on nike, but seriously besides that china footage there hasnt been one word about it.  He's realized he can sell shit just by doing what he's currently doing and thats exactly what he wants.  either way he's enjoyable to watch. 

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I UNSCHOOL'd alex

Shut up dad!

You wanna see? I'll show you on the internet right now.

Okay big mouth, let's see it.

I can't, the internet's down.

Psh whatever.

Haha yeah all the footage of him and his dad in his epicly laterd was great

Anyone remember, years ago (before Olson had that skateboarder cover even) Odell posted a note onto epicly laterd that Olson had written to him, with insanely bad spelling and grammar. but then Odell felt bad and took it down pretty quickly, and even wrote a short apology

Laban Fetus

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
Here's the periodical Alex Olson clip to shut us up. Yep, still stylish.
http://web.stagram.com/p/491398101332419730_20073608
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:55:36 PM by Laban Fetus »

Hatechild

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
Here's the periodical Alex Olson clip to shut us up. Yep, still stylish.
http://web.stagram.com/p/491398101332419730_20073608

Ethan Fowler lookalike. Sick

StFlour

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2013, 01:59:38 PM »
olsons tight

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
im down for alex olson hes sick besides its not like he was pushing to be pro like the way the other guys on girl did he was simply skating with the dudes and did it the old way.  Besides olson had about or almost the same amount of parts as malto and mo just without the heavy internet presence

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not really an excuse though, what happens when nike wants a part from him and he does the same shit with jason? Dudes been professionally skating for almost 10 years and he doesnt have any parts you can go back to and say how awesome he is. The photos and web clips are great but most of his career is other people telling the audience how great he is. He can kind of make shitty techno music and has some occasionally great designs for boards but whatever. Im rooting for 3D only because BA and gillette are on it. If alex has just been holding all his footage for a 3D part and unloads it all in one classic part thatd be great but if not, can you really sustain a whole career with a tumblr, an instagram account and guest appearances in other peoples stuff?
he's been pro for about 5 years... not 10. and i thought his lakai part was great. i haven't seen pretty sweet too many times but, i enjoyed that part too. i don't see why people hate on him so much at all.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »
im down for alex olson hes sick besides its not like he was pushing to be pro like the way the other guys on girl did he was simply skating with the dudes and did it the old way.  Besides olson had about or almost the same amount of parts as malto and mo just without the heavy internet presence

Lol, youre not gonna count epicly laterd and being in strobeck clips and all that supreme shit and blogs and having his own website? If anything he was in more shit than malto or mike mo while they were all coming up. Malto and mike mo dont even have their own websites, lol. Its not even comparable. Mike mo and malto just dropped parts "not really trying", dudes werent pushing to be pro the way youre saying.

And you know what i meant. alex has been am for girl since what? 2004-2005? thats ~about~ 10 years. His lakai part isnt really that good and he has one good trick in his shared part in pretty sweet. His best "part" is his footage in the last transworld video. I dont hate him, i just think its a little hypocritical the way some of you guys evangalize this guy.  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:12:33 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
BA driving, Olson in the front seat, Gillete lounging in the back smoking a cigarette looking wistfully through the window as they pull up to a picturesque ditch with Golden light streaming through the trees. Maybe Patrick O'dell will be there filming it all as well. Probably in like an old mercedes benz (nike $).

Man, those tours would be great.

But actually how good would it be if O'dell shacked up with 3d for the first couple trips a la Hunter S in Hells Angels and recorded the start of what could be one of the best companies in skateboarding. I would watch that.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »
I don't really like Gillette or Alex Olson. They both come off as pricks. I like BA but I won't buy any hard goods from 3D. Sorry, just personal preference. Not like I skate girl/choc decks either.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »
I don't really like Gillette or Alex Olson. They both come off as pricks. I like BA but I won't buy any hard goods from 3D. Sorry, just personal preference. Not like I skate girl/choc decks either.

YOU SHOULD BE SORRY YOU MISINFORMED SONOFABITCH. (sorry, just my personal preference)

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
yeah i wonder who'll get the front seat on tours

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »
BA driving, Olson in the front seat, Gillete lounging in the back smoking a cigarette looking wistfully through the window as they pull up to a picturesque ditch with Golden light streaming through the trees. Maybe Patrick O'dell will be there filming it all as well. Probably in like an old mercedes benz (nike $).

Man, those tours would be great.

But actually how good would it be if O'dell shacked up with 3d for the first couple trips a la Hunter S in Hells Angels and recorded the start of what could be one of the best companies in skateboarding. I would watch that.

Man, you're my favorite new poster. Good to have you.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »

we were all dying to know your take on this

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »
I'M BACKING 3D.......
WHO EV'S SAID OLSON HASN'T PROVEN HIMSELF AS A PRO IS A FOOL, HIS FULLY FLARED PART IS EPIC, GOOD SKATING & SONG CHOICE.

DO YOU WANT ALL PRO'S TO BE AS BORING AS MILK LIKE MIKEY TAYLOR, MO, NYJAH AND COLE? I PERSONALLY LIKE A LITTLE ATTITUDE & INDIVIDUAL STYLE TO GO WITH THERE EPIC SKATING.

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
no i am 100% sure olson has not met criteria of being pro sk8r

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
BA Olsen and Austyn are all incredible.  Haters need to quit worrying about fashion so much and just watch the skating.  They could all wear dresses doesn't matter.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
im down for alex olson hes sick besides its not like he was pushing to be pro like the way the other guys on girl did he was simply skating with the dudes and did it the old way.  Besides olson had about or almost the same amount of parts as malto and mo just without the heavy internet presence
[close]

Lol, youre not gonna count epicly laterd and being in strobeck clips and all that supreme shit and blogs and having his own website? If anything he was in more shit than malto or mike mo while they were all coming up. Malto and mike mo dont even have their own websites, lol. Its not even comparable. Mike mo and malto just dropped parts "not really trying", dudes werent pushing to be pro the way youre saying.

And you know what i meant. alex has been am for girl since what? 2004-2005? thats ~about~ 10 years. His lakai part isnt really that good and he has one good trick in his shared part in pretty sweet. His best "part" is his footage in the last transworld video. I dont hate him, i just think its a little hypocritical the way some of you guys evangalize this guy.  
He turned am in 2006. What tricks in his Pretty Sweet part weren't good, and what weird back-ass logic will you use to justify it this time?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
no i am 100% sure olson has not met criteria of being pro sk8r

I think he has sold at least 1 board with his name on it. Maybe I am mistaken though.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »

considering he was brought up by this douchebag, i'd say olson is doing pretty well

Will Easley

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
I like Alex Olson. Dude isnt like my favorite skater or anything but he's got that smooth style while skating hesh shit which makes him enjoyable to watch. I agree with what someone else said in this thread it wasnt like dude was "trying" to be pro he just happened to skate with the right group of people & got put on. People acting as if he needs to "justify" himself with some epic part or some shit...He's a relevant name that sells boards. as far as im concerned he's doing his job. it aint like he's trying to be the next big thing or skateboarding or some shit. he just does his own thing & gets paid for it. i dont see anything wrong with that