Author Topic: Mike Sinclair a Douche?  (Read 40182 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1687
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Mike Sinclair a Douche?
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »
Mike, as the foremost authority on Pugs on SLAP I want to start out by expressing my sincerest condolences for your recent loss of your special Pug Chubbs.  I have spent my entire life in the company of curly tails (27 years of Pug-doggery beneath my belt) and know how devastating those losses can be.

I wanted to know what you would like to share with us about your special little man (his likes/dislikes) and the impact he had on your life (to persuade others into rescuing pugs or venture into Pug parenthood).

I know this can be painful, but I think providing a testament to the life of your little guy may be cathartic and provide beneficial information to those living a Pugless lifestyle.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:03:02 AM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »
Mike, as the foremost authority on Pugs on SLAP I want to start out by expressing my sincerest condolences for your recent loss of your special Pug Chubbs.  I have spent my entire life in the company of curly tails (27 years of Pug-doggery beneath my belt) and know how devastating those losses can be.

I wanted to know what you would like to share with us about your special little man (his likes/dislikes) and the impact he had on your life (to persuade others into rescuing pugs or venture into Pug parenthood).

I know this can be painful, but I think providing a testament to the life of your little guy may be cathartic and provide beneficial information to those living a Pugless lifestyle.

dog weirdo

example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
dog weirdo

Clearly, you are unfamiliar with the snorty-nosed world of Pugs.

Also, is that dude in the dog costume Kyle Berard?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:26:57 AM by pugmaster »

Never forget:

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
dog weirdo

[close]

I like pugs even though you have to clean their face wrinkles, but clearly YOU are unfamiliar with the TV program "Wilfred".
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »
I have never had to clean face wrinkles.  That is a common misconception.  Pugs are super low maintenance.

Never forget:

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
I have never had to clean face wrinkles.  That is a common misconception.  Pugs are super low maintenance.

Question 10:  Sinclair, do you ever have to clean your pugs' face wrinkles?  My homegirl Patty had a pug and if she didn't clean the face wrinkles occasionally that dog would STINK and fuck up my couch for like 3 days.  Perhaps the issue is different pug to pug?  Please give us a rundown of your weekly pug maintenance.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Question 10:  Sinclair, do you ever have to clean your pugs' face wrinkles?  My homegirl Patty had a pug and if she didn't clean the face wrinkles occasionally that dog would STINK and fuck up my couch for like 3 days.  Perhaps the issue is different pug to pug?  Please give us a rundown of your weekly pug maintenance.

My Pug does not require face wrinkle cleaning (although it may be necessary for certain Pugs) and he smells GLORIOUS.  I think the real issue you experienced is with your "friend" patty. he/she may be unclean.

Even though it was unasked, I will give a rundown of my Pugs weekly maintenance.

1. Provide with food
2. Walk, in order to provide them with an opportunity to defecate and pee on random inanimate objects
3. Provide with water
4. If necessary, give them flea/tick meds (monthly)
5. Provide with Choo-choos (rawhide chew toys)
6. Pet daily
7. Disperse random snacky-treats daily, based on whatever I am eating to satiate their need for human food.

Never forget:

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My Pug does not require face wrinkle cleaning (although it may be necessary for certain Pugs) and he smells GLORIOUS.  I think the real issue you experienced is with your "friend" patty. he/she may be unclean.

Even though it was unasked, I will give a rundown of my Pugs weekly maintenance.

1. Provide with food
2. Walk, in order to provide them with an opportunity to defecate and pee on random inanimate objects
3. Provide with water
4. If necessary, give them flea/tick meds (monthly)
5. Provide with Choo-choos (rawhide chew toys)
6. Pet daily
7. Disperse random snacky-treats daily, based on whatever I am eating to satiate their need for human food.

She was/is quite unclean indeed.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mike, as the foremost authority on Pugs on SLAP I want to start out by expressing my sincerest condolences for your recent loss of your special Pug Chubbs. ? I have spent my entire life in the company of curly tails (27 years of Pug-doggery beneath my belt) and know how devastating those losses can be.

[close]
dog weirdo

[close]

[close]

I like pugs even though you have to clean their face wrinkles, but clearly YOU are unfamiliar with the TV program "Wilfred".

I watched that show now I force my Dog to smoke bongs.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3416
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:07 PM »
...sigh...

Lots and lots of pages in and still no mention of pros/ams I might be able to hit up for a BJ.

#mystruggle

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »
yeah pugmasters username/avatar/writing under avatar combo makes him seem super fucking weird.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
...sigh...

Lots and lots of pages in and still no mention of pros/ams I might be able to hit up for a BJ.

#mystruggle

Don't be so self involved. P Rod, Ave and Dill don't have a board sponsor and all you can think about is what innocent young up and comer you can violate for your own personal gratification.

You make me sick.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
...sigh...

#mystruggle
[close]

Don't be so self involved. P Rod, Ave and Dill don't have a board sponsor and all you can think about is what innocent young up and comer you can violate for your own personal gratification.

You make me sick.
Get with the big picture.  Prod ave and dill have things in the works, and certainly aren't hurting for boards.'  Pros may be the definition of self involved.
On the other hand, Gay's dick isn't going to suck itself now is it? 

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2013, 03:07:58 PM »
The skate industry just sounds like any business. People are all expendable if there is no profit coming out of them. I know in theory it sounds nice to pay and hook up the right guy but sometimes it just comes out as a huge waste of money. iSuck says that a lot on here, "Go out and make your own brand and hook up all the right people." I just don't think it is as easy as it sounds. Even look at the whole Antwuan thing. Dude probably made good money for Deathwish in selling boards but he got in so much legal trouble that it just didn't make sense. Also if the guy is not producing footage or any other coverage, how good is he to the company? Sometimes it could be as simple as just skating and for Ben's case, sometimes it's more then that. Like I said....everyone is expendable if it doesn't make sense in the books.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
First off, pugs are the shit and Sinclair I am sorry that your pug died. My dog recently died and it sucks. My sister has a pug that is getting up there, too.

Anyway, I think everybody on here gets how the business works. That's not the point being made against Ben's case. It seems more like he was let go from a retributional agenda than a business necessity. Fuck Stereo and their wack ass shit. How'd they go from having Danny Renaud, Benny Fairfax, Tony Silva, Olly Todd, and Daniel "BS Smith" Shimizu to fucking washed-up Kyle Leeper and Nate "who the fuck am I" Greenwood? Fuck, they even had Jack Sabback and blew it.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
yeah pugmasters username/avatar/writing under avatar combo makes him seem super fucking weird.

and hilariously awesome. backin it

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »
Definitely not a douche.

Ayejay

• Rep: 12
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
Know I already commented on page one, but I woke up this morning and Sinclair had insta-ed an oldish sketch he asked me to do for a merlino graphic that got shot down. Super cool thing to do, and I copped a few new followers. Not a DB for sure.

Question ten: what kind of art direction would you like to see the TY brands go in?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3416
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »
Expand Quote
...sigh...

#mystruggle
[close]

You make me sick.

Haha...I hear you man. I hear you. For what it's worth, though, I don't want innocent young boyz...I like 'em grizzled and older. I'm looking for a dumb, older has-been or soon-to-be has-been.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
...sigh...

#mystruggle
[close]

You make me sick.
[close]
Get with the big picture.  Prod ave and dill have things in the works, and certainly aren't hurting for boards.'  Pros may be the definition of self involved.
On the other hand, Gay's dick isn't going to suck itself now is it? 

So Gay is some kind of sponsor queen only glory hole hunting for paid dudes to play his skin flute? Would he go for a flow blow or hometown hero head or stoop so low as a park rat to fill his needs (or their face)?

alexcooper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2013, 04:59:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Question 6: Is Ben Gore off Dekline?

Slap Pals, it saddens me that recently I have had to let Ben Gore go from the Dekline team. Did he get kicked off? Well... not really but yeah he's off the team. I'll break it down the best I can for you all to digest and pick apart. Did I kick Ben off for him switching from Stereo to Magenta? No, I told Ben I would support his switch no matter what brand he ended up on. Did I say that I would like him to stick it out and stay with Stereo instead of going to to Magenta? Yes and this is the reason why. I like Stereo, I always have and probably always will. Stereo has a ton of history, it's a true skateboard company (not that Magenta is not) and it's owned by one of my all time favorite skateboarders Jason Lee. Do I dislike Magenta? No, not at all what so ever. In my opinion it's a safer bet to stick with a company that's been around for two decades when you are a new Pro. Small companies start up everyday and if you ride for a new company and they go under in 6 months, it's really tough to get picked up again as a Pro somewhere else. At the next trade show in two weeks there will be 3-5 new brands, does anyone think all of them will make it? I hope they all do but most likely not all of them will. Do I hope Magenta makes it? Fuck yes I hope they make it! Do I think Magenta will only last 6 months? No I think they will make it happen no matter what, that's what skater owned brands do, they always make it work. So back to Ben, have you seen his nollie flips? They are a thing of beauty.. His skating is so rad to me. I personally picked him for Dekline about four years ago and I gave him more ads than any of his sponsors during his time on Dekline. Ben wore the shoes and really like the shoes we make, we discussed a colorway for him and I back him and his skating 110%. So why is he off? Reason 1: Ben rides for MIA Skateshop and they do not carry Dekline. This is not to bad mouth or to point the finger at MIA at all, they sell what works for them and what the people are influenced by in their area. I personally know the owners of MIA but I would never ask them to carry something that does not work for them, plus I'm not in sales. Ben lives in SF but does not ride for a shop in SF. I don't even think we have a Dekline account in SF to tell you the truth. All of the other current team riders ride for shops that really get behind Dekline and that is honestly what we need to survive. We are a really small brand and every sell we get really makes a difference for us, Dekline paid Ben every month for the past 4 years and promoted him to the fullest yet we can't influence any shop he is down with to carry our product... This is not Ben's fault, this is not MIA's fault, this is not Dekline's fault, this just sucks plain and simple....So what do we do? We have to move on, we have to support the guys who support us. Do any of the guys on this forum asking about Ben and why he's off Dekline have a pair of Dekline's on? I would be super hyped if you did. If you do PM me and I'll send you a new pair if you really have a current pair of Dekline's that you skate in and you back Ben Gore or back Dekline in general. This is the shitty part of being a TM, the team always changes and this change was not performance based. It just comes down to brand and rider support. We supported Ben to the fullest but got no support back. I flow a kid in NYC and he won a gift card from a local contest last week, he told me he went to the shop and bought two pairs of Dekline's even though he gets whatever he wants for free from me anytime. I thought that was the coolest thing the kid could of done for us. That's real support! That's the love we need to make this small skateboarding shoe company work. Ben, we love you and I know you will find a good place my friend. I told Ben I would keep his name on our team list until he finds something that works for him. If any TM's are thinking of putting Ben on their team you should, he's mellow to hang with, he's a fucking ripper and has style for days. Ben, thank you for being a part of Dekline these past four years! I can't tell you how much I would like for you to still be on this tiny little skateboard team. Mike Sinclair�
[close]

Oh...  Well there goes the only reason I'd currently buy a pair of Deklines.

Do you really believe Magenta is just some random small company?  They have been consistently putting out one or more DVDs a year and dropping Internet vids almost every other month.  These aren't fucking washed up scientologists who hardly skate anymore trying to direct a skateboard company.  These dudes are actually in the street and know whose their demographic.  Everything from business accounts, film and ad layout, art, it's all done by the crew themselves.  I've been living in Japan and was over there while they were premiering their new video SOLEIL LEVANT and the whole time they were out with the locals skating and filming.  Also was in NYC for that premiere and again out in the streets with us pushing and filming.  By the time they are done premiering this video, they'll have enough for another one.  America is not the world and this company is succeeding worldwide.  I hope you realize Theories (The US distributor) has trouble even keeping their decks in stock.  The demand is there.  The small shop I'm currently at has been waiting for the new series to release so we can be the first shops in our state to carry this company.  Underground supporting underground.  I guarantee you, leaving Stereo was not only a smart career decision, but one of the BEST moves he could have made.  The only one making a bad move here is Dekline, you could have stuck with Ben and drawn in all the underdogs who'd actually take pride in supporting underground skater owned companies.  As you can see by the amount of people just here asking for a Ben shoe...  At least you've shown who you actually care about though: $$$.  No difference than any other corporate shoe company...  Well the only difference being that they're successful.

You could NOT have worded this any better. Magenta is definitely a force to be reckoned with and I'm really glad to see Ben taking a big push in the right direction

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.