Poll

why have some companies never had any pro black skaters?

why are there so few black pros
14 (56%)
is the industry racist
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Companies who have never had a black pro  (Read 21810 times)

dillanharp

Re: Companies who have never had a black pro
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
I hate the fuck out of this dude, anyone else ^^^?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
ur a rasist

ICUSUCKA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
Love or hate I really don't care the point was to get people to think. The point was to show how off balance and out of touch the skate industry is. Just like our country and why 16-24 year old are the highest demographic unemployed right now. That the power truly lies within the people on these forums. There are thousands of us on here, we could demand more from these companies. They act right ethically, environmentally, and business wise. Otherwise, we shouldn't support them. Are people scared to stand up to their favorite company and say hey stop being jerks, and conduct yourselves with some ethics? Or is it time to support companies who have our same values? Or is the important thing what is Nike going to do next? I know right, bro, yeah man, like its cool.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

Companies who I don't believe have ever had a black pro: Alien Workshop, Habitat, Creature, Slave, L.E., Almost, Enjoi, 5Boro, Birdhouse, Foundation, Heroin, Cliche', Consolidated, Krooked, and Zero.

you are a tard.

just a few: brian wenning, alex davis, derek berdette (birdhouse), twuan, deer man, and what nationality exactly is tony tave?

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

dillanharp

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
You should be asking yourself why don't more black kids skate, or have access to it. Or why don't these companies have more women, or asians, or why there's been like one Indian pro, and I don't mean Guru...

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »
this is a WHITE country tho

and these crakkkas are scared to lose their grip on running shit

they are FRIGHTENED by uneducated, impoverished, and angry niggers

cuz them crakkkas know that once we unite its a fucking wrap for them

in all industries

us negros are a fraction of the population

most white people in this country hardly ever have to even interact with us

yet most of them cant stand us no matter what your character

the minority presence in skateboarding is representative of how many of us there are in this country

its more than proportionate....especially now with the internet

if you wanna see more of us in skateboarding.....make your own skate company

FUCK THE PLANTATION...BUILD YOUR OWN NATION

in other news

Baracks about to be on LENO tonight

im stoked about that

i dont skate a spot if its mostly crakkkers there

i will tre flip in my garage till i sweat like a fucking runaway slave before that happens

if i see a nigga posted up with mad crakkkas i feel sorry for his black ass

cuz half of them wish that nigger would go monkey around with a basketball and calling him a fucking NIGGER behind his back

and most likely that nigga got so much shit from other black people for skating that he feels more comfy round crakkkas

FUCK THAT

id rather have no friends than a whole crakkka crew

dillanharp

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
You're hilarious.

joebudden

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 09:03:32 PM »
im dead serious tho

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 09:05:07 PM »
whens the last time you seen a nigga wearing baggy pants and skating small wheels tho

the latinos and negros are taking over without even trying

thats whats funny/crazy

The one and only time I watched the DGK video....

joebudden

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »
yup......

all the baggy footy was mad old tho

and bearing huggers dont exist no more

niggas dont wear baggy shit no more

cept fagundes.....even wade tightened up

the DGK video is the animal chin for NIGGERS/SPICS

and i fucking LOVE IT

once berronte ramirez and the likes of him reach nyjahs age

crakkkas wont even be competition

enjoy it now

the niggers are coming.....the niggers are coming

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
BLACK MEN WERE STILL CLIMBING ON TREES WHEN SKATEBOARDING WAS INVENTED, DEAL WITH IT
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:31:26 PM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

joebudden

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
some nigga still do climb trees.....i think

did you mean hanging from them

shout out to brix skwikz grandddaddy and them

joebudden

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »
crakkkas worst nightmare

talented black boys

what yall didnt and cant kill will prevail

HAVE YOU HEARD OF ??? - TYLER AMUCHA -

ARAMIS HUDSON - HAVE YOU HEARD OF ????
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:38:20 PM by joebudden »

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 09:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Companies who I don't believe have ever had a black pro: Alien Workshop, Habitat, Creature, Slave, L.E., Almost, Enjoi, 5Boro, Birdhouse, Foundation, Heroin, Cliche', Consolidated, Krooked, and Zero.

[close]
you are a tard.

just a few: brian wenning, alex davis, derek berdette (birdhouse), twuan, deer man, and what nationality exactly is tony tave?

;D

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
Best poll ever.

That little kid's rad--how old is he?

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »
THRONN IS A BRAZILIAN LEGEND  WHO MOVED TO LA AND STARTED HIS OWN BOARD COMPANY
REAL NIGGA CHECK IT OUT YO
http://www.thronnsk8mag.com/wp/thronn-skateboards-renasceu-em-los-angeles-slayer-reborn/

OldmanEpic

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
First of all, NHl is primarily a Canadian sport, although that tide seems to be changing. It's not lacking black people because they aren't talented enough IMO, it's because they have interest elsewhere, which is fine. Nothing racist there at all. Same goes with different sports and different ethnic groups.

Second of all, that lil Wu kid is gonna be super bummed on that track they played for his 376 tricks in a row part. No doubt, I can see it in his eyes, that kid wanted a Genius and prince rakeem track, like pass the bone.

That kid is gonna grow up to be the black Nyjah Huston, mark my words...

Jedi Mind Tricks, we out

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
Remember the company American Dream? That was a great company.

And Jahmal Williams owns a company. Just musing now

KOOL MIKE LOVE

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
jamie thomas is a devout christian

ICUSUCKA

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »
What I'd really like to see is one of the company owners who has never had a black pro on their team actually explain why they have not. Enough of them lurk on here, so you know they could. Maybe Mr. Brink or someone in the media could do a little story on the subject matter. The fact is, it's disproportionate; and yes it does seem like a lot of companies are going to have their ass handed to them because they refuse to open their eyes. Its funny how enough people bitch on here about this or that,  but yet never organize to do anything about it. Zumiez comes into your community and no one protests, and yet it is an American right to do that. Imagine if people got together to do that would it help your local shop to keep them in business? Would it impact anything, do you ever think the companies you are supporting support corporations more? Where is the loyalty in that? They say they need to to stay in business or its like every other corporation where the owners make 95% and the riders/employees make 5%. These are the things companies don't want you to think about, and how fucking shady they are. Yet, we wear their logos, buy their product, and give them huge bonuses while last weeks favorite pro is broke, broken, and has no future. This is how most of society is run, does that mean we have to follow suit?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
Lets be honest here, the best black skaters out ther.. mololu, williams, twan and ishod

they don't even try and all end up burning out

joebudden

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »
ayo

those companies with no niggers on them.....dont want one and dont owe niggers JACK SHIT

if niggers what they own company

they have to MAKE ONE

ishod just started...stevies like 35.....twuan is in prison.....and gailea got a job

how can you mention best black skaters and not put out salabanzi, nyjah, or anthony williams tho

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »
ayo

those companies with no niggers on them.....dont want one and dont owe niggers JACK SHIT

if niggers what they own company

they have to MAKE ONE

ishod just started...stevies like 35.....twuan is in prison.....and gailea got a job

how can you mention best black skaters and not put out salabanzi, nyjah, or anthony williams tho

pump pump it ep........god joe budden is the worst.

ICUSUCKA

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »
Lets look at some facts of companies who are very diversified and are doing well without a question; LRG, Diamond, and Addidas (I know what your saying this is just a point).
Now flip it and look at companies that have pigeon holed themselves with the "target market" or have never even considered adding some color. Black Box-pros hardly get paid, sales are not doing good and they have three fucking companies, and we got some Z. Foundation-know one really cares about them anymore, seriously, are they still around. Alien-this roller coaster ride just never ends, and no one wants to see another rob board. Habitat-I just really want to see a brother on the team that is pro, dammit I love this company. Creature-thank god, NHS has longboards and gimmick boards to sell all day, cus whos asking for creature. L.E-too drunk or stoned to care, brah, wait have you seen our boards anywhere?. Almost-had a black pro, nah just kidding we're going to let this Mullen thing ride out we got the Z. Enjoi- to sarcastic to care, beside we have the Asian Elvis so we cool we got the Z. 5boro-jeezus, your an east coast company come on, might brings some life back to you. Birdhouse-your almost legit again with this new team, just don't blow it, go on to the dark side. Heroin- hey, they do have a lot of Asians on the team playing that card like Enjoi. Cliche- hey they are European, we know the euros we have to be selling there no one here is buying it. Krooked- Can't talk shit about the Gonz's company its a rule in some skate book somewhere.
Just saying some of these companies are struggling to get by, and its not just because of the economy even if that is what they keep telling themselves. They all may be in some of the same stores, but by leaps and bounds they are being outsold.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »
some nigga still do climb trees.....i think

joebudden

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 11:31:07 PM »
the og skategro jeron is part owner of diamond

rodnegro tx is the onliest negro on lrg since organikarl left

that team is on some bullshit

what FUCK is tommy sandoval and bill marks dirty crakkka asses doing on that team

pure FUCKERY

D. Bag

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 12:10:46 AM »
Just like the republicans failed to capture the minority vote in this last election, and it cost them.

Actually, that assumption has been proven false.  Between the independents voting for Ron Paul or simply not voting at all, along with a weak turnout among evangelicals (which is why the atheists here make me laugh at their delusional belief that the religious right has much influence left in this country today), it accounted for roughly 4.5% that did not go in favor of conservatives, it was THE main reason they did not win. 

Also, with blacks composing only around 17% of the population, they'll have a lower presence in most endeavors base on sheer numbers.

Finally, this could be the dumbest fucking thread I've seen yet.  Tracer's going to have to step his game up to beat this shit.

D. Bag

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
And it has been known that the NHL is very racist and it has been publicized and covered in mainstream magazines.. I am just glad you are ignorant enough to air your ignorance for everyone to see. This topic really burns your britches or panties glad I could work you up so easy.

Yeah, you know how many black people go fucking nuts over hockey, what a shame The Man is keeping them out.

I heard it's a plan to keep the black man down, it's a new collab, Illuminati X Bilderbergers.  Seriously.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dear White Owl,

That you for posting. Reread the topic. Highlight the word "pro." Edit your post. You have until the end of the week to turn in your revisions but you will get deducted one half of a grade.

Good luck!
[close]

whats the difference? they are still paying a black dude...
[close]
Well then Alien had Marquise, Foundation had Marquis, and Birdhouse had that one dreadlocked dude that I saw at a skatepark being a dick so I won't even promote his name. Point is, OP obviously was talking about companies that haven't turned black skaters pro.
[close]

who? that ghost dude? yeah, but who cares. black or not, everyone has to do the same to turn pro. skate good, and be a good person

Not only that, they have to like you and if they dont for whatever reason , you get the boot. It sucks.  If you get on Toy. You got to get along with everybody.  Teams can be like fucking High school Cliques. And if billy is bummed on you then sorry buddy. All it takes is some bullshit from one dude.   And we hate to say race as the issue, but we fail to forget that people are human, and can be fucking ignorant or just plain stupid.  Another example of issues getting on a team fully is that some companies have the gang mentality, where if you arent like us then you dont belong, it could be like jamie thomas, just too fucking controlling,  or with foundation,  Dont care what mike sinclair tells you, the other heads complained about Marquis too much ie"too scared of marquis"  or whatever  which is bullshit because 3 year old adhd nick merlino is the one who everyone should be keeping their eye on. Kid has fucking issues. Marquis should have been kept on. NOW LETS FUCKING SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO TYSHAWN JONES.  OP What do you think? This kid has the skill and everything.  IF TEMPLETON DOESNT PUT HIM AS AM  THEN PRO and jones does everything right (CONTESTS FOOTAGE WHATEVER...)WE WILL REALLY KNOW

On a side note, if Foundation is  kicking off marquis and Angel, and tommy gurrola and matt allen... Nuge.... Gareth.. ALEX GORO etc.....WHY THE FUCK IS ABDIAS RIVERA STILL ON. ( BUDGET CUTS MY ASS, IF SO KICK HIS ASS OFF JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER DUDES) Yea abdias came here to New York this week.... but correct me if Im wrong The last full video part he had was Cataclysmic abyss...  but the WTF part was ehhh. But let me stop complaing OP- Abdias is a minority which is good.  He does count for foundation.   What do you think?  I think alot of companies have a few dope riders, but I never really though about their not being any black pros on certain teams. We as skater overlook this alot, because skating brings us closer to our humanity. The good the bad and the ugly.  It makes us more open minded and accepting of others.  Thats who we are. Well at least some of us.  We hate to look at race, because we see ourselves as seperate from society. Whe you push down the street and you see another kid or bro on the board, YOU JUST KNOW. It doesnt matter if the fool is blue green or fucking purple.  You both know what a kickflip feels like, what a ollie feels like,  and how it feels to eat fucking dirt. 

Another point. These companies also have images and who they marketing to. And if you dont fit the image they dont want you in the back of their heads. Unless of course you can make money for them. which is the sad part at times.

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG ASS POST

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"