Poll

why have some companies never had any pro black skaters?

why are there so few black pros
14 (56%)
is the industry racist
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Companies who have never had a black pro  (Read 21808 times)

Tarela

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
Re: Companies who have never had a black pro
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 02:23:32 AM »
The Search for Animal Chin is the animal chin for NIGGERS/SPICS
fixed*

The above post made some interesting points some of which i dont agree with Marquis as dope as he is also got the boot from Emerica post that insane Stay Gold part, so who the fuck knows what went down with Foundation...plus he got on there after being on flow for Toy initially and i think he said Sinclair snatched him up after hearing Toy stopped sending him boards and made him am..atleast Tum Yeto puts on black skaters and i think always has, Jamhal was first turned pro by Toy..

But it is noteworthy to acknowledge Black Skaters hardly have longevity as far as 10/20 yr plus careers in skateboarding unless they usually go on to start a company..
i.e. Kareem (Citystars/Axion), Stevie (DGK), Jahmal (Hopps), Jeron (Diamond)...

On another note did Drake Jones ever go pro for Real?

rodnegro tx is the onliest negro on lrg since organikarl left

made me chuckle
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:00:41 AM by Tarela »

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 02:39:06 AM »
this is a WHITE country tho

and these crakkkas are scared to lose their grip on running shit

they are FRIGHTENED by uneducated, impoverished, and angry niggers

cuz them crakkkas know that once we unite its a fucking wrap for them

in all industries

us negros are a fraction of the population

most white people in this country hardly ever have to even interact with us

yet most of them cant stand us no matter what your character

the minority presence in skateboarding is representative of how many of us there are in this country

its more than proportionate....especially now with the internet

if you wanna see more of us in skateboarding.....make your own skate company

FUCK THE PLANTATION...BUILD YOUR OWN NATION

in other news

Baracks about to be on LENO tonight

im stoked about that

i dont skate a spot if its mostly crakkkers there

i will tre flip in my garage till i sweat like a fucking runaway slave before that happens

if i see a nigga posted up with mad crakkkas i feel sorry for his black ass

cuz half of them wish that nigger would go monkey around with a basketball and calling him a fucking NIGGER behind his back

and most likely that nigga got so much shit from other black people for skating that he feels more comfy round crakkkas

FUCK THAT

id rather have no friends than a whole crakkka crew

Jesus wept, you talk so much shit man, and you're a racist to boot. 

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »
I hate the fuck out of this dude, anyone else ^^^?

I hate that racist idiot too.

Must be my crakkka azz whiteness that got Antwuan thrown in jail.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

JAesop

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:09 AM »
You geniuses know that 2 of the top 7 NHL drafts this year were black, right? No , of course you didn't.  2012 there were 49 black players in the NHL system.

#2Chinz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »
ICUSUCKA - use paragraph breaks. I don't want to read your shit.

joebudden - you are an idiot.

Terrell Robinson.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 07:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Companies who I don't believe have ever had a black pro: Alien Workshop, Habitat, Creature, Slave, L.E., Almost, Enjoi, 5Boro, Birdhouse, Foundation, Heroin, Cliche', Consolidated, Krooked, and Zero.
[close]

[close]

Dear White Owl,

That you for posting. Reread the topic. Highlight the word "pro." Edit your post. You have until the end of the week to turn in your revisions but you will get deducted one half of a grade.

Good luck!
[close]

whats the difference? they are still paying a black dude...
[close]
Well then Alien had Marquise, Foundation had Marquis, and Birdhouse had that one dreadlocked dude that I saw at a skatepark being a dick so I won't even promote his name. Point is, OP obviously was talking about companies that haven't turned black skaters pro.
[close]

who? that ghost dude? yeah, but who cares. black or not, everyone has to do the same to turn pro. skate good, and be a good person
[close]

Not only that, they have to like you and if they dont for whatever reason , you get the boot. It sucks.  If you get on Toy. You got to get along with everybody.  Teams can be like fucking High school Cliques. And if billy is bummed on you then sorry buddy. All it takes is some bullshit from one dude.   And we hate to say race as the issue, but we fail to forget that people are human, and can be fucking ignorant or just plain stupid.  Another example of issues getting on a team fully is that some companies have the gang mentality, where if you arent like us then you dont belong, it could be like jamie thomas, just too fucking controlling,  or with foundation,  Dont care what mike sinclair tells you, the other heads complained about Marquis too much ie"too scared of marquis"  or whatever  which is bullshit because 3 year old adhd nick merlino is the one who everyone should be keeping their eye on. Kid has fucking issues. Marquis should have been kept on. NOW LETS FUCKING SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO TYSHAWN JONES.  OP What do you think? This kid has the skill and everything.  IF TEMPLETON DOESNT PUT HIM AS AM  THEN PRO and jones does everything right (CONTESTS FOOTAGE WHATEVER...)WE WILL REALLY KNOW

On a side note, if Foundation is  kicking off marquis and Angel, and tommy gurrola and matt allen... Nuge.... Gareth.. ALEX GORO etc.....WHY THE FUCK IS ABDIAS RIVERA STILL ON. ( BUDGET CUTS MY ASS, IF SO KICK HIS ASS OFF JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER DUDES) Yea abdias came here to New York this week.... but correct me if Im wrong The last full video part he had was Cataclysmic abyss...  but the WTF part was ehhh. But let me stop complaing OP- Abdias is a minority which is good.  He does count for foundation.   What do you think?  I think alot of companies have a few dope riders, but I never really though about their not being any black pros on certain teams. We as skater overlook this alot, because skating brings us closer to our humanity. The good the bad and the ugly.  It makes us more open minded and accepting of others.  Thats who we are. Well at least some of us.  We hate to look at race, because we see ourselves as seperate from society. Whe you push down the street and you see another kid or bro on the board, YOU JUST KNOW. It doesnt matter if the fool is blue green or fucking purple.  You both know what a kickflip feels like, what a ollie feels like,  and how it feels to eat fucking dirt. 

Another point. These companies also have images and who they marketing to. And if you dont fit the image they dont want you in the back of their heads. Unless of course you can make money for them. which is the sad part at times.

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG ASS POST

Abdias Rivera puts out footage regularly. Watch those GX1000 videos.

ICUSUCKA

• Rep: -11
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 08:09:30 AM »
A lot of people on here complain about the industry, well a lot of people don't want to look at the truth about it. We are a mirror of regular society. A few people controlling the whole thing and making all the money off it while the rest beg for scrapes. If you looked at a successful skate company and looked what the owner is making, compared to the regular employee's, and to the pros you would shit your pants. The company owner would say well, "hey I own this bitch", and they are right. But, where has this arrogant attitude gotten us in society today. Into the worst depression ever, shit is global and its because of this good business practice. Its like the circle of life (lion king bitches) how a company conducts itself ethically, social responsible, and fair treatment of its workers will make it better for our society and the company. But, skate companies don't want you to think about these things, and most skaters don't. They want to read really boring skate magazine interviews where they ask them the same questions or do a travel article with really nothing about the local scene or people. There are hardly any real journalist in skating who dare ask these questions otherwise they fear not being cool enough and losing their job. Just like most people in the industry have a fear of standing up and saying these practices are wrong.

Does anyone care that we are one of the most wasteful industries? We use tons of wood, metal , and urethane (shit is not even biodegradable), yet it goes to where after we are done with it? We honestly can't come up with some sort of recycle program, oh no heaven forbid the skate industry be good stewards of the planet they are raping or take responsibility. Yet, buy our boards motherfucker cus we got Johnny pro and he is so freaking cool. What about the workers for the skate industry they are almost slave labor as well as the most of the pros. But, hey this shit is dope, son. Why do you think the industry is cutting people left and right just look at Vans and its massive turn over as of late due to them being bought out. They are cutting workers pay, benefits, and firing them to bring in workers for less so the owners have bigger bonuses. The people who own most of skating are equal to the people who own Wal-mart, bankers on Wall street, and our Congress.  They are racking it in, and screwing the rest of us along the way because we take it.

Its this closed mindedness of these company owners that is the problem, most of us don't want this to be happening. We want more equality, to have workers treated more fairly, and to take care of our planet. Look, what has happened to it over the last few years its nothing but conglomerates, shit league, and energy drinks. Has anything gotten better? Other than the bank account of the owners and a select few. The gap is getting bigger for the haves and have not, and everyone sees it. The question is which side of it are you on?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 08:47:54 AM »
I know that they're not a skate company, per se (does that even matter any more?), but I hear the company that makes this mp3 player just got their first black pro:

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
Bitch Skateboards
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

FatKid89

• Rep: -2
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
Okay Really Element... Haha aside from Nyjah and Darrell they also had Ray Barbee who is a legend in skateboarding!
And Real has Ishod and Chima and they did have Darrell Stanton.
Stereo has had pros of color such as Benny Fairfax Danny Gonzales and even the owner/pro Chris Pastras.

So before you go posting crap like this on here get your facts right dude!

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
You geniuses know that 2 of the top 7 NHL drafts this year were black, right? No , of course you didn't.  2012 there were 49 black players in the NHL system.
Yes. Tides are shifting. Canada got black people now.

Pro Baby Yeah!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:37 AM »
Okay Really Element... Haha aside from Nyjah and Darrell they also had Ray Barbee who is a legend in skateboarding!
And Real has Ishod and Chima and they did have Darrell Stanton.
Stereo has had pros of color such as Benny Fairfax Danny Gonzales and even the owner/pro Chris Pastras.

So before you go posting crap like this on here get your facts right dude!

I like you FatKid89.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »
It's all over if black people learn to skate

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
Can I throw in the asian card? What about asian skaters in companies? I think they are more the minority then black skaters.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
Can I throw in the asian card? What about asian skaters in companies? I think they are more the minority then black skaters.

I think there are a lot more of them than we realize but since they all look the same I just keep thinking it's the Donger who's skating for like every company!  ???

joebudden

• Rep: -51
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »
we drafted Tony Tave back in 06 thank you very much

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think there are a lot more of them than we realize but since they all look the same I just keep thinking it's the Donger who's skating for like every company!  ???
Oh no you did'ehnt!

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »
He could say that bcoz he's Asian. /\   /\

Pro Baby Yeah!

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
Gideon Choi.  Thread Ended.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
Who Gay? Nah he's Scottish or something.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
Dynasty skateboards?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I'm a whitey.

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah I'm a whitey.
So you CANT say that about Asians. You racist white something.

Pro Baby Yeah!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
I mean as of right now, there has to be more current black skaters then there are current asian ones. I mean we have some halfies out there like Malto and Kenny Anderson but just full blooded asians, there aren't that many that are pro.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

malcyvelli

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Gideon Choi.  Thread Ended.

Sean Malto, William Phan, Jimmy Cao, John Igei, Jerry Hsu, Gideon Choi, Spencer Fujimoto, Chad Tim Tim, Satv Lueng, Kien Leu, Bill Pepper, Toan Nguyen, Nuge, Kenny Anderson, Pat Channita

Don't throw in minorities just for the hell of it, this thread actually has a purpose

And you might as well rule out African Americans and just make it about pure blooded Africans. Anyone born and raised in the US more than likely isn't full blooded, that's hella rare
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:13:58 PM by malcyvelli »

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

this thread actually has a purpose

to determine whether why are there so few black pros or is the industry racist

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Sean Malto, William Phan, Jimmy Cao, John Igei, Jerry Hsu, Gideon Choi, Spencer Fujimoto, Chad Tim Tim, Satv Lueng, Kien Leu, Bill Pepper, Toan Nguyen, Nuge, Kenny Anderson, Pat Channita

Don't throw in minorities just for the hell of it, this thread actually has a purpose

And you might as well rule out African Americans and just make it about pure blooded Africans. Anyone born and raised in the US more than likely isn't full blooded, that's hella rare
I like that you guys have completely forgotten Eric Koston.

dillanharp

« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »
Element = Kenny Hughes. Back when.

Dumbo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »
Are there more black pro's than Canadian pro's? You're also a fucktard for bringing the NHL into a loosely thought out industry race war. There's not an abundance in the league, but several are amazing. Would the NBA be considered a black sport cause the majority of the players/stars are black?. For reference I'm Indian, spear chucking, wagon burning, bingo playing Indian.