Author Topic: Mikey Taylor off AWS ?!?!?!?!  (Read 25071 times)

macgruber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
Re: Mikey Taylor off AWS ?!?!?!?!
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
Nice dude but he'd be a way off going to P Rod's company than hanging at Workshop where he never really seemed to fit. Hoping it's true

Concrete Wave 95

• Rep: -2
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He didn't leave on his own....
[close]

why would they kick off mikey? he probably sold a lot of boards for them. i know this is good for alien's image, but i dont think that is a good reason to kick someone off. I would have guessed he left for p.rods company
[close]

They were scared he would leave for whatever P-rod was going to do and instead of letting him leave on his own accord, they gave him the boot before that chance arose. It's so they wont look bad having half their popular team leave to do some other shit
[close]

what do you mean look bad? kids that like mikey taylor don't know if he quit or got kicked off, so that wouldnt even matter.
aws is looking great though
Dylan
Grant
Jake
Gilbert
Omar
Bledsoe
Fitzgerald
Donovon

thats a stacked team, and only 8 people. they could easily put out a full length

[close]

i would love for another AWS full length just for another bledsoe part
[close]

That Alien team is STACKED.

Grant, Dylan, Omar and Bledsoe on one team is already insane.
Gilbert, Jake, Fitz... only add to the sickness.

I dont really know Donovan though...

Rumors about Dylan leaving, are kinda far fetched, and are probably speculations from people that WISH he would leave.
I think Grant and Dylan are the main men at AWS right now and I think they get paid very very very well.

I could see Grant on anti hero or something...

But Dylan really is a perfect fit for AWS...

Dylan on 3D, I personally think that would be horrible.

I agree about Dylan on 3D. I seriously doubt that would happen because Austyn would really be his only reason to skate for them, and they're already on Huf together. Plus if Dylan left Alien, that would be huge blow for them.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
Mikey confuses me. He seems to be doing sicker stuff, but his style seems to get worse/stiffer. Or maybe it's just the awkward pants that set me off.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Uh oh.....
[close]

what does he keep in the pockets of his pocket t's that fucks them up so bad

I hate all the coy pictures of pros with blanks or their board turned around etc on social networking sites trying to get people talking about their team changes...real fucking cute,  guys. 

wheee!

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2013, 12:36:37 PM »
yeah, the pant choice is heinous but he seems like a chipper dude not really worthy of all the hate.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

why would they kick off mikey? he probably sold a lot of boards for them. i know this is good for alien's image, but i dont think that is a good reason to kick someone off. I would have guessed he left for p.rods company
[close]

They were scared he would leave for whatever P-rod was going to do and instead of letting him leave on his own accord, they gave him the boot before that chance arose. It's so they wont look bad having half their popular team leave to do some other shit
[close]

what do you mean look bad? kids that like mikey taylor don't know if he quit or got kicked off, so that wouldnt even matter.
Dylan
Grant
Jake
Gilbert
Omar
Bledsoe
Fitzgerald
Donovon

thats a stacked team, and only 8 people. they could easily put out a full length

[close]

[close]

Rumors about Dylan leaving, are kinda far fetched, and are probably speculations from people that WISH he would leave.
I think Grant and Dylan are the main men at AWS right now and I think they get paid very very very well.

Donovon is super sick, wait for the Nike video, he's gonna be the breakout guy in that video.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Uh oh.....
[close]

what does he keep in the pockets of his pocket t's that fucks them up so bad
[close]

I hate all the coy pictures of pros with blanks or their board turned around etc on social networking sites trying to get people talking about their team changes...real fucking cute,  guys. 

why is the dick NOT on both their foreheads? what has slap come to? jeeeez. get it together guys.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »
Wrong. I think Workshop would've welcome his resignation from their team, it would've been easier.

I honestly don't think Mikey would've left Workshop. I think as much as he didnt fit on the team he liked being on a company like Workshop, he also seems like a pretty loyal guy. From what I understand there were people on the team that just didnt think he fit and wanted him off. I don't know what exact words were said but ultimately he was kicked off. It kind of sucks because it doesnt seem like he really did anything wrong except be a valley boy that didnt fit in. However I think most of us agree that he didnt. I'm sure he'll hve no problem finding a new sponsor that better suits him and after the dust settles it will be better for all parties involved.

As I said I really like Mikey Taylor, maybe it's because I feel like a grew up with him in a way since we are the same age and I saw him from his first coverage to today. I alwys thought he was sick, and his DC part last year was amazing too. I don't think he fit on Alien though, I didnt care because I had a soft spot for him, but it looks like I'm in the minority with that one. Anyway I wish him the best and appreciate all his great skating over the years and hope he can find a brand that better indentifies with him.

Workshop has been one of my favorite brands since I was a kid, the spectrum was the first real board I got for Christmas when I was 10, so I think if they continue listening to the team, Chris Carter & Mike Hill they can't go wrong. I think we can all agree that this decision wasn't made by Dyrdek but it seems he understood and let it happen, so what does that tell you? Dyrdek seems content in letting Workshop be run by who it should be run by.

This is such a killer post for so many reasons, on so many levels. Not the least of which is the tidbit on Dyrdek. I know he gets hammered for various reasons (some very much warranted) but clearly he is letting the right people influence the direction and vision for Workshop. It's being 'run' by skateboarders. I know people like to throw the term 'skater owned' around.

I always liked Mikey Taylor's skating but he really has become disingenuous and fake these last few years. A really unlikeable flake. And I'm not even talking about his clothes or aesthetic. More so the way he carries himself in interviews and his nauseating self promotion. The All American, Eddie Haskell image is so contrived and phony. I'm not sure who he's trying to fool more...the public or himself. He's kills on a skateboard, and I respect his ability to the fullest, but he's a complete fake.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Wrong. I think Workshop would've welcome his resignation from their team, it would've been easier.

I honestly don't think Mikey would've left Workshop. I think as much as he didnt fit on the team he liked being on a company like Workshop, he also seems like a pretty loyal guy. From what I understand there were people on the team that just didnt think he fit and wanted him off. I don't know what exact words were said but ultimately he was kicked off. It kind of sucks because it doesnt seem like he really did anything wrong except be a valley boy that didnt fit in. However I think most of us agree that he didnt. I'm sure he'll hve no problem finding a new sponsor that better suits him and after the dust settles it will be better for all parties involved.

As I said I really like Mikey Taylor, maybe it's because I feel like a grew up with him in a way since we are the same age and I saw him from his first coverage to today. I alwys thought he was sick, and his DC part last year was amazing too. I don't think he fit on Alien though, I didnt care because I had a soft spot for him, but it looks like I'm in the minority with that one. Anyway I wish him the best and appreciate all his great skating over the years and hope he can find a brand that better indentifies with him.

Workshop has been one of my favorite brands since I was a kid, the spectrum was the first real board I got for Christmas when I was 10, so I think if they continue listening to the team, Chris Carter & Mike Hill they can't go wrong. I think we can all agree that this decision wasn't made by Dyrdek but it seems he understood and let it happen, so what does that tell you? Dyrdek seems content in letting Workshop be run by who it should be run by.
[close]

This is such a killer post for so many reasons, on so many levels. Not the least of which is the tidbit on Dyrdek. I know he gets hammered for various reasons (some very much warranted) but clearly he is letting the right people influence the direction and vision for Workshop. It's being 'run' by skateboarders. I know people like to throw the term 'skater owned' around.

I always liked Mikey Taylor's skating but he really has become disingenuous and fake these last few years. A really unlikeable flake. And I'm not even talking about his clothes or aesthetic. More so the way he carries himself in interviews and his nauseating self promotion. The All American, Eddie Haskell image is so contrived and phony. I'm not sure who he's trying to fool more...the public or himself. He's kills on a skateboard, and I respect his ability to the fullest, but he's a complete fake.

I actually think he's being genuine, perhaps we just started seeing it in the last few years because of his presence on the berrics and on the web in general. I could definitely see how people could perceive it that way though....

shit_for_brains

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I actually think he's being genuine, perhaps we just started seeing it in the last few years because of his presence on the berrics and on the web in general. I could definitely see how people could perceive it that way though....

I always thought he was genuine. I've never met him, but I have friends who are friends with him and they say he's a great guy. For whatever that's worth to you. I think he's just not a fit with the current Workshop so they bounced him. He's a genial "Hey how are you?" guy, and Workshop isn't that company.

And he has beautiful FS feebles.

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »
P-Rod's team would be something like

P-Rod, Chris Cole, Luan Olivera, Mikey Taylor, Nick Tucker, Mike Mo, Manny Santiago

You are extremely close.

BearTraps

• Rep: 1
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dylan
Grant
Jake
Gilbert
Omar
Bledsoe
Fitzgerald
Donovon

[close]

[close]

[close]

Donovon is super sick, wait for the Nike video, he's gonna be the breakout guy in that video.

Spoiler: Donovon so far has first part, Ishod last.

lucidreamer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote

P-Rod, Chris Cole, Luan Olivera, Mikey Taylor, Nick Tucker, Mike Mo, Manny Santiago
[close]

You are extremely close.

Who did I leave out ? I could see Mike Mo staying on Girl though

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2013, 12:44:10 AM »
Fuck mikey!
I would like to see Eniz Fazliov on AWS already goddamit

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »
His DC shoe part was pretty good but who cares about what he does, might aswell get element money or something.

While they are at it they might aswell drop Bledsoe too. he kills it but is rather boring to watch. Alien needs more dudes with power

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2013, 01:49:42 AM »
His DC shoe part was pretty good but who cares about what he does, might aswell get element money or something.

While they are at it they might aswell drop Bledsoe too. he kills it but is rather boring to watch. Alien needs more dudes with power

Alien sucks. Their team is great, but their art is terrible these days.

Will Easley

« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2013, 02:04:20 AM »

Who needs power when you got all that finesse tho? I think he fits perfect on Alien

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:40 AM »
I think Mikey is realizing that the competition in skateboarding is getting tougher, meaning that if you want to make enough money to support a family in the long-term, you have to promote yourself as much as possible. So him using social media to it's full extent, even though to us this might be a little off-putting, is a very smart move to gain a larger following/fanbase, guarantee a spot on Street League (I imagine it pays well), and to keep that DC money coming. It also does wonders for selling product, imagine all the kids going to the skate shops and trying to pick between Mikey's shit, and some guy they don't even know. And obviously if you're a kid skating, you want to support the most likeable (he appears to be so) guy out there.

I would like to see Eniz Fazliov FULLY on AWS already goddamit

THIS! FOR FUCK SAKE AWS! BEST DUDE OUT THERE!

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2013, 02:16:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who needs power when you got all that finesse tho? I think he fits perfect on Alien

Matter of taste I guess but look at the Alienpart in Cinematographer, both Bledsoe and Mickey looks misplaced with everyone else. It has Ave & Dill too but you get the point

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Dole

• Rep: 3
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2013, 03:08:11 AM »
Fuck mikey!
I would like to see Eniz Fazliov on AWS already goddamit

True! Very humble dude and all terrain shredder.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have met him and this was the impression I got. Don't think he's in anyway a bad guy but the whole smiles all round and bro jokes seem all for the camera. I'm no teenage fanboy asking for free product either. I think like most skaters I see too much of I just want to see less of them.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2013, 04:43:09 AM »
Hes a normal guy trying to make ends meet. He just happens to skate and social media is his office. If hes being fake hes doing what he has to to keep his job and make some cash. Lots of pros do this, hes just the only one getting some heat. Obviously his family is first because hes not a person but that also means his heart really isnt in what hes doing. p.rod understands what the industry is and joining up with him is probably the best move he can do for his career. Alien is doing him a favor, he'll be happier, he'll be skating with his real friends and he won't have to keep up or try fitting in.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You are extremely close.
[close]

Who did I leave out ? I could see Mike Mo staying on Girl though

Has Plan B turned Felipe Gustavo pro yet? If not, I could see him bouncin' over to PRodney's corner for the promotion

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2013, 06:02:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dyrdek is the one who brought Mikey Taylor to the Sect in the first place when he made him an Am on Seek, If Dyrdek is making the decisions and not Carter and  Hill then he would keep Mikey on, plus the fact that Mikey is big Street League. The thing with people not fitting in with Workshop is funny to me cuz thats what that team is, a bunch of misfits that can fit under one weird banner of a skate company. The only time i feel Workshop was this crazy unified team was the 96-97 era when the whole team was a bunch of weird underground hip hop nerds living in San Diego.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2013, 08:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dyrdek is the one who brought Mikey Taylor to the Sect in the first place when he made him an Am on Seek, If Dyrdek is making the decisions and not Carter and  Hill then he would keep Mikey on, plus the fact that Mikey is big Street League. The thing with people not fitting in with Workshop is funny to me cuz thats what that team is, a bunch of misfits that can fit under one weird banner of a skate company. The only time i feel Workshop was this crazy unified team was the 96-97 era when the whole team was a bunch of weird underground hip hop nerds living in San Diego.

Exactly. So it looks like Dyrdek is listening to the team and the main dudes in Ohio. They already severed any ties to La Jolla group month ago. I just think perhaps Dyrdek lives in his own world, he even admitted he was "so far gone" when the whole "up-river" controversy came up in an interview. So maybe he just didn't get it and made those bad decisions up front, perhaps Ave and Dill leaving woke him up a bit, I have no idea but at least he learned from those mistakes and is now listening to the right people.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2013, 10:40:51 AM »
everyone needs to watch the first part in dvs - skatemore

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
everyone needs to watch the first part in dvs - skatemore

I was going to say that yesterday. Despite my earlier comments about his public persona, his Skate More part still kills to this day. He has unbelievable control and a great style. That part was so good.

La Nouvelle Vague

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2013, 03:21:57 PM »
nollie flip noseslide with corn rows, those were the days...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:23:39 PM by La Nouvelle Vague »

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
this valley boy should ride for team Colgate, fuck outta here w/ that mr nice guy shit

thecount

• Rep: -52
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »
maybe element   as they r annocnin sp   new team rider soon