Author Topic: Zero-COLD WAR  (Read 60717 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Zero-COLD WAR
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »
im just thinking about this, but almost all major releases see some type of free internet play now, whether its permanent or only for a day or two. do you think its not worth the cost for companies to produce physical copies anymore, or that the demand isnt high enough to see a profit so they just run it on thrasher? it just seems like companies are all going the online route rather than trying to make some of their money back that they spent to make the video. this might be a really stupid subject, but im curious if any of you know anything about the cost/profit margins with skate videos. i know pretty sweet and the death wish video sold out pretty quick at all the shops around me, but ive had shop owners tell me that videos dont really sell anymore.

Patrizio Grandinali

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
James Brockman is going to have a killer part.

look at the last couple ads sw. grind down hollywood 16 and kick flip back 50-50 down another huge rail.

obviously Burman will have last part he just turned pro and got the thrasher cover.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
im just thinking about this, but almost all major releases see some type of free internet play now, whether its permanent or only for a day or two. do you think its not worth the cost for companies to produce physical copies anymore, or that the demand isnt high enough to see a profit so they just run it on thrasher? it just seems like companies are all going the online route rather than trying to make some of their money back that they spent to make the video. this might be a really stupid subject, but im curious if any of you know anything about the cost/profit margins with skate videos. i know pretty sweet and the death wish video sold out pretty quick at all the shops around me, but ive had shop owners tell me that videos dont really sell anymore.

The internet is what killed the hard copy video industry. A lot of people are strapped for money and feel that if you have to pay for a video or watch thousands of other videos while you wait for it to eventually get to YouTube under some alternate name people will go the free route.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rattray has a desk job a Nike.� truth.� which is weird because he had footage in the NB video.� seems like a conflict of interest to me, but i have a feeling his tenure with NB will be very short lived, if it's not over already.�
[close]

He's the New Balance TM... what are you talking about?
[close]
Left NB already.

jeez, black box must really be a sinking ship.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
Wait so are there really only going to be 5 parts? I was looking forward to some epic dying to live type full length shit. How could Cervantes not have a part?

im probably lying

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
i'm not sure why the NB thing didn't work out with Rattray.  But it's definitely NOT a good thing for a new brand to have the people that are supposed to be heading the project, leave before it even really launches.  I know the first run of shoes was super fucked up and people didn't get what they had pre-ordered for a long time and didn't get what they were supposed to.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:59:03 PM by stevedave »
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
i agree this is a weird way to promote a video, we'll see if it works out i guess. Tho 'road less travelled' is one of the only videos in a while that i havent seen online/leaked, maybe its apathy or maybe jaimie's just being a control freak again and its good for sales?

also i feel like they arent pushing hatchell at all, I only really see him in bones or contest videos. Wonder how he really fits in there...
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »
i'm not sure why the NB thing didn't work out with Rattray.  But it's definitely a good thing for a new brand to have the people that are supposed to be heading the project, leave before it even really launches.  I know the first run of shoes was super fucked up and people didn't get what they had pre-ordered for a long time and didn't get what they were supposed to. 

yeah apparently when my shop tried to place an order for the first drop, the dude they talked to had basically no idea how to process an order for a skateshop, and had to put them on hold until they could get someone that knew what they were doing. Pretty sketchy.
If they made skateable versions of their original running shoes, with some tweaks here or there, they'd be killing it, but instead they think they're gonna sell this payless looking shit for $70.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
yeah.  people just try and jump the gun sometimes.  if you have an idea, make sure you have everything worked out before you go to launch.  with new things, peoples first experiences with them are what they remember most.  ESPECIALLY if it's a bad experience.  The whole NB thing just seems really rushed, out of place, and poorly thought out.  Even the team seems somewhat generic (except that Trahan kid.  he's really fucking good.)
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm not sure why the NB thing didn't work out with Rattray.  But it's definitely a good thing for a new brand to have the people that are supposed to be heading the project, leave before it even really launches.  I know the first run of shoes was super fucked up and people didn't get what they had pre-ordered for a long time and didn't get what they were supposed to. 
[close]

yeah apparently when my shop tried to place an order for the first drop, the dude they talked to had basically no idea how to process an order for a skateshop, and had to put them on hold until they could get someone that knew what they were doing. Pretty sketchy.
If they made skateable versions of their original running shoes, with some tweaks here or there, they'd be killing it, but instead they think they're gonna sell this payless looking shit for $70.

I'd probably wear these before the ones I see in the shops, the other ones just look kind of weird to me still.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd probably wear these before the ones I see in the shops, the other ones just look kind of weird to me still.

I probably would too, if I got them for free or super cheap. I could never pay $70 for them when I could get something better from a proven company, hence why new shoe companies will always struggle.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2013, 05:51:56 PM »
Dane won't have last part. It's going to be Sandoval. That meet the Zero team pretty much confirmed it.

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
it won't feel right seeing a zero video online

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »

This. Ever since I was a kid I always anticipated going to the shop to buy the newest Zero video. Doesn't feel the same at all.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Okay that nb stuff is all fine and dandy, but is the video really only 5 parts?

im probably lying

GarbageMan

• Rep: -6
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. Ever since I was a kid I always anticipated going to the shop to buy the newest Zero video. Doesn't feel the same at all.

For real? make VHS copies

VHS = Zero

doublesteveburger

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »
gonna be extremely disappointed if there are no hardcopies of this, a hatchell part, or a cervantes part.
hopefully this is just a teaser to get people to buy the video, if so I won't be watching these parts till it's on my shitty little TV.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »
Im going tomorrow to the premiere, ill try to remember spoilers/music. And like everyone else said, hope they sell hardcopies and there are more than 5 parts.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
Im going tomorrow to the premiere, ill try to remember spoilers/music. And like everyone else said, hope they sell hardcopies and there are more than 5 parts.

there definitely is more than 5 parts, and there is going to be a friend section, which im assuming the flow and threat dudes will be in

Pedro

• Rep: 1
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2013, 01:49:32 AM »
From Thrasher instagram: "Montage goes live Saturday and the madness starts on Monday. 5 days, 5 parts."
So I guess no Hatchell or Cervantez full parts

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2013, 03:19:50 AM »
After Jonathan Pierce's throwaway part for Worship Friendship I've been extremely keen to see what he has, so hearing he has no part is a genuine bummer. I fear that Shaqson's footage wasn't up to Jamie's stupid standard, Dennis Durrant style all over again.

And online part-by-part premiere? That ruins the whole flow of a video. Might as well say everyone has last part.

EDIT: No Boserio part? That doesn't make sense. Dane confirmed it and everyone in Australia is extremely hyped for it, if he doesn't have a part it will seriously be the let down of the year.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:21:37 AM by REGS »

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:10 AM »
come on REGS everyone knows nick boserio's style is fake

Harem

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2013, 04:40:58 AM »
After Jonathan Pierce's throwaway part for Worship Friendship I've been extremely keen to see what he has, so hearing he has no part is a genuine bummer. I fear that Shaqson's footage wasn't up to Jamie's stupid standard, Dennis Durrant style all over again.

And online part-by-part premiere? That ruins the whole flow of a video. Might as well say everyone has last part.

EDIT: No Boserio part? That doesn't make sense. Dane confirmed it and everyone in Australia is extremely hyped for it, if he doesn't have a part it will seriously be the let down of the year.

Jon is on Threat.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2013, 04:56:46 AM »
Step by step guide on how to deal with the "problems" associated with a part by part internet release. 

Step 1: Buy the video...Actually that is the only step.  Problem solved.   

snedy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »
Expand Quote
He has a lot of haters but I'm seriously looking forward to Sandoval's part.
[close]

Who the hell would hate on tommy? He rips!
Yeah!! what are you talking about?
I met Tommy in 2008 at the Ride the sky premiere, probably the most genuinely nice and sincere person I've met.
So stoked to see his part.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »
I feel like Tommy with Zero is what Herman is to Baker. Dude will go down in history as one of the best.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:03 AM »
Will this be on iTunes? 1 part at a time is fucking regular, come on chiefers get it together.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »
did anyone else see this? i thought it was pretty lame, had to tag the dude.
http://web.stagram.com/p/584873102426334366_6469952

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
Zero is trash, Nick Boserio should be riding for Slave

Slave is like Jamie Thomas' recycle bin.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Zero is trash, Nick Boserio should be riding for Slave
[close]

Slave is like Jamie Thomas' recycle bin.

Slave is the only blackbox company that I'd consider buying anything from.