Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239703 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2014, 02:48:44 AM »
From everything I've heard from friends in New York, Supreme is not the shop it was in the 90's. Apparently they make a ton more money from the streetwear kids, and focus more on streetwear than they do on the actual skate side of the skateshop these days, which, if true, is really really lame.
I'll still watch the video though.
And I took cherry to be like as in when a car or something else valuable or collectible is in great condition it is said to be "in cherry condition," so there you go.
Well, yeah. I can't think of a single shop I've been to in the last 10 plus years that didnt make the bulk of their money from street wear and shoes. I always make a point of walking into Supreme London when I'm in the area, walking around once perhaps touching items with my dirty hands and then leaving without buying anything. Nothing against them it's just I've never seen anything I particularly want in there.

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2014, 03:12:23 AM »
I still want this tee. Played out or not.
Twin Perks

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2014, 03:36:09 AM »
I found this kinda interesting.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/11/supreme-skateboarding-clothing-underground-fashion-store-chinatown.html

"It was founded by the then-thirty-year-old British ?migr? James Jebbia, who also had a hand in starting up the downtown skate meccas Union and St?ssy. He is now known among fans of Supreme for his reclusiveness and gruff demeanor, especially with the press, because of his dissatisfaction with Supreme being pigeonholed as skateboarding clothing, and therefore crappy"

steam vent

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2014, 06:11:27 AM »
I found this kinda interesting.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/11/supreme-skateboarding-clothing-underground-fashion-store-chinatown.html

"It was founded by the then-thirty-year-old British ?migr? James Jebbia, who also had a hand in starting up the downtown skate meccas Union and St?ssy. He is now known among fans of Supreme for his reclusiveness and gruff demeanor, especially with the press, because of his dissatisfaction with Supreme being pigeonholed as skateboarding clothing, and therefore crappy"
Kinda ironic how their pigeonhole now is so much worse, than the one they were trying to escape
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:01:00 AM by T »

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »

whatever a shop video will be good and from what i gatherd from strobecks instagram the vid will be amazing.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2014, 08:25:27 AM »

whatever a shop video will be good and from what i gatherd from strobecks instagram the vid will be amazing.

These give the feeling of a trailer when you see them all together.

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »

If painting your nails black is the cool/abstract/hip thing to do if you wanna be a supreme/NY dude then I don't want any part of it.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If painting your nails black is the cool/abstract/hip thing to do if you wanna be a supreme/NY dude then I don't want any part of it.
oh okay cool

Laban Fetus

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
oh okay cool

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
oh okay cool
[close]

Q bert

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2014, 01:40:41 PM »

:-*

pcponearth

« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »
This video is going to suck because bill isn?t filming vx1

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't worry you won't be. Ever.

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »
I think this video is going to be really good but with that said, supreme nyc is not a real shop. I was too busy being a 7 year old during the og days of supreme to comment on what it was like back then but nowadays its a men's fashion boutique with some skateboards on the wall. I do think they make some nice looking stuff and I don't dislike the brand as a whole but that place is not a skate shop and I would also bet that at least half the dildos I've seen working there now don't even skate.

Q bert

« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2014, 04:17:59 AM »

its a shame you are so small minded.from what i hear supreme kicks down dough for skate related things all the time.just that said alone makes it seem like a legit skate shop to me.

steam vent

« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:24 AM »

its a shame you are so small minded.from what i hear supreme kicks down dough for skate related things all the time.just that said alone makes it seem like a legit skate shop to me.

Awesome video of that supreme bowl and lol @ little "donovan pisca(o?)po" killin it really hard as usual
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:39:58 AM by T »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:03 AM »

like what? give me examples. putting your stickers on a bunch of shit doesnt count as support. or tangentially being associated with skatepark projects.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:16:50 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Q bert

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2014, 08:36:35 AM »
asshole,i said gives money,not gives stickers..they support the harold hunter foundation and gives away a ton of free boards that day to kids that skate in nyc also pays for 12th and A to even have been there..not zumies,not labor,not autumn when it was around...supreme and rohan was the main reason that the place was even there.supreme paid the school to have those ramps and stuff there while it lasted.supreme kicks down..dont be bitter.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:02:34 AM by Q bert »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
Doesn't look like the school gave too much of a shit, the park is done and even then let's get real for a second and recognize that was billy rohans effort more than anything else. Lots of people give to the harold hunter foundation, DC gives to the HHF, DLX gives to the HHF. supreme is just another company donating to something nice. I'm not being bitter, I'm just giving them a lot less leeway than you guys. Its just a clothing store, get over it.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »
I think this video is going to be really good but with that said, supreme nyc is not a real shop. I was too busy being a 7 year old during the og days of supreme to comment on what it was like back then but nowadays its a men's fashion boutique with some skateboards on the wall. I do think they make some nice looking stuff and I don't dislike the brand as a whole but that place is not a skate shop and I would also bet that at least half the dildos I've seen working there now don't even skate.

supreme was really never a big skateshop, but just because they don't stock 400+ decks in store by a bunch of shitty brands that nobody wants like darkstar or plan b doesn't mean they aren't a skateshop. they carry the brands that people actually want to skate (DLX, Crailtap, Kayo, etc) and carry a good selection of smaller brands.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
I really doubt there will be Tino footage but this confirms he's still rad.
http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/8dbc35f4020911e39b4022000a9f3c65_101.mp4

Q bert

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Doesn't look like the school gave too much of a shit, the park is done and even then let's get real for a second and recognize that was billy rohans effort more than anything else. Lots of people give to the harold hunter foundation, DC gives to the HHF, DLX gives to the HHF. supreme is just another company donating to something nice. I'm not being bitter, I'm just giving them a lot less leeway than you guys. Its just a clothing store, get over it.

who cares about your less leeway besides YOU projecting it like diarrhea for others to see.now go use the tools to set up your board at pac sun where you don't feel little...supreme is a shop for the people THEY want to hook up and obviously you aint involved with it which makes you bitter about it.so sit back and watch the video like everybody else.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2014, 10:10:57 AM »
I am looking forward to this video. Bill knows how to make skating look cool. Preme is less expensive than APC or whatever so I don't know what everyone is complaining about...

« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don't worry you won't be. Ever.

Thank God!

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

who cares about your less leeway besides YOU projecting it like diarrhea for others to see.now go use the tools to set up your board at pac sun where you don't feel little...supreme is a shop for the people THEY want to hook up and obviously you aint involved with it which makes you bitter about it.so sit back and watch the video like everybody else.

Ha, right. If anybody critiques supreme it must be because they feel little & bitter. I think the truth is you got nothing left to add to this conversation. Anyways, I'm gonna go setup my darkstar board at pacsun.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »

LMAO! This is one of the dumbest things ever posted on Slap. Ever. I can't even begin to describe the ways this is all kinds of dumb. You're making it look even worse with each subsequent post. If that's what you're aiming for, bravo.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2014, 11:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Awesome video of that supreme bowl and lol @ little "donovan pisca(o?)po" killin it really hard as usual

Maybe stick around for the credits. It's spelled o-s-t-e-r.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:34:30 AM by bentmode »
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »

You and George Hanson are both idiots

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »
Thanks to the guy who posted that "supreme idiots" tumbler link 2 pages ago.
This is actually pretty rad.
ableSkateMag.com

Q bert

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
whatever,supreme been a *skate shop* since 94 and been exactly the same and stuck to its image since then.they still do stuff with the gonz also companies like indy and spitfire and vans seem to be involved with them,which they have been top notch in skating.i happen to like the shit so i back it.

anyways all non video topic things aside.

based on the people that seem to be involved,its a video ill be looking forward to seeing.