Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239722 times)

jimmy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #330 on: February 18, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
how the fuck out of all the ill shit done on black hubba you put the odd future kids bean plant as your sig...ODEEEE

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »
how the fuck out of all the ill shit done on black hubba you put the odd future kids bean plant as your sig...ODEEEE

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »
fuck urban skating has become the new tall T and new era hat type of skating of the early 00's... pretty over seeing all these try hards

Mitch Brenner

• Rep: -14
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2014, 09:32:11 PM »
Tell this tall glass a milk whose most likely allergic to the sun to take notes if he wants to showcase his skating in some bullshit downhill line......

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
for what it's worth, it's also a drag that 70% of journeyman street skaters out there can't tell the difference between a boneless, a bean plant, or a fast plant variation. in an era in which it is very topical to critique and/or praise welcome or jesse alba or sage elsesser, most of you dudes can't even recognize the nuance, for better or worse, in their skating. yr like dave duncan complaining about "Kick - Flips" in 1993 after seeing a nollie heel.
At least this ripper knows whats up.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:49 AM »
YEAH WHAT A KOOK except it's a fastplant
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

shit_for_brains

« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2014, 09:18:30 AM »
YEAH WHAT A KOOK except it's a fastplant

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »

nah bro it's a switch heel

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2014, 09:50:42 AM »
Aidan's got that palm fist style down.

aidan rips
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that video sucked.  am I supposed to think that kid is good or creative?!?!  get that shit outta here....
[close]
It made me wanna skate. I don't know if that merits what is or isn't "good" in your opinion

fuck it, I'll bite.  is it a cool vid of a kid skating?  Yeah, sure.  But is he good enough to be "on a team" or something?  Fuck no, there's a 1,000 kids like that in every city AND small town these days.  You think he grew up skating doing fuckin slappies/wallies/no complies?  FUCK NO!!!  That kid probably wanted to be PRod.  He started skating like that when it became "cool"  THATS why I dont like these kids.  Had they just been into that kind of skating the whole time, I'd respect it.  But it's not the case.  They're "fly-by-night" skate kids who probably will drop it as soon as it's not fashionable or profitable and move on to the next type of skating/fashion. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »
Tell this tall glass a milk whose most likely allergic to the sun to take notes if he wants to showcase his skating in some bullshit downhill line......

Do you think dennis hopped on a board when he was 13(?) and could just bomb like that? He's a full grown man who has probably been skating longer than that kid has been alive. Also dennis is a legend in the making. His skill level is a rarity. Not every player in the nhl is eric lindros. Those lines were not life changing but they were fun to watch. I enjoyed the video.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you think dennis hopped on a board when he was 13(?) and could just bomb like that? He's a full grown man who has probably been skating longer than that kid has been alive. Also dennis is a legend in the making. His skill level is a rarity. Not every player in the nhl is eric lindros. Those lines were not life changing but they were fun to watch. I enjoyed the video.

you must be from philly.  out of any NHL greats, you picked Eric Lindros?  wow.  dude was amazing, but i would think most people would go for Gretzky when talking about hockey greats, or Gordie Howe or Bobby Orr or fuck, even Eruzione would work.  Dude scored the winning goal in the Miracle on Ice, 1980!!!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2014, 10:33:51 AM »
skateboarding is fun.

The 'Gordie Howe Hat-Trick' is what's up.

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »

"FA? what is this? i mean here you have a few men in their mid to late 30's running a skateboard company. they have 15 year old boys come to their apartments and they get them drunk and stoned. then they dress up in weird clothing and take photos of each other. what is this!? this is the only coverage we get to see from this company. this is ridiculous! i mean is it really Fucking Awesome or is it Fucking Adolescents!?"

LOL

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »

"FA? what is this? i mean here you have a few men in their mid to late 30's running a skateboard company. they have 15 year old boys come to their apartments and they get them drunk and stoned. then they dress up in weird clothing and take photos of each other. what is this!? this is the only coverage we get to see from this company. this is ridiculous! i mean is it really Fucking Awesome or is it Fucking Adolescents!?"

i would watch this episode

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
But is he good enough to be "on a team" or something??  Fuck no, there's a 1,000 kids like that in every city AND small town these days.?  You think he grew up skating doing fuckin slappies/wallies/no complies??  FUCK NO!!!? 

I didn't watch the video but rightly or wrongly its pretty clear that what Fucking Awesome are intending to do is NOT follow your boring fucking old man rules about what is and isn't allowed.

They're looking for a new Duc and John.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Expand Quote
But is he good enough to be "on a team" or something??  Fuck no, there's a 1,000 kids like that in every city AND small town these days.?  You think he grew up skating doing fuckin slappies/wallies/no complies??  FUCK NO!!!? 
[close]

I didn't watch the video but rightly or wrongly its pretty clear that what Fucking Awesome are intending to do is NOT follow your boring fucking old man rules about what is and isn't allowed.

You're right, they're following DILL'S old man rules about what is and isn't allowed. 

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2014, 11:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

that video sucked.  am I supposed to think that kid is good or creative?!?!  get that shit outta here....
[close]
It made me wanna skate. I don't know if that merits what is or isn't "good" in your opinion
[close]

fuck it, I'll bite.  is it a cool vid of a kid skating?  Yeah, sure.  But is he good enough to be "on a team" or something?  Fuck no, there's a 1,000 kids like that in every city AND small town these days.  You think he grew up skating doing fuckin slappies/wallies/no complies?  FUCK NO!!!  That kid probably wanted to be PRod.  He started skating like that when it became "cool"  THATS why I dont like these kids.  Had they just been into that kind of skating the whole time, I'd respect it.  But it's not the case.  They're "fly-by-night" skate kids who probably will drop it as soon as it's not fashionable or profitable and move on to the next type of skating/fashion. 

the kid just looks like he's having fun cruising around and doing fairly basic tricks. reminds me of what Tincan Folklore was all about

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
But is he good enough to be "on a team" or something???  Fuck no, there's a 1,000 kids like that in every city AND small town these days.??  You think he grew up skating doing fuckin slappies/wallies/no complies???  FUCK NO!!!?? 
[close]

[close]

You're right, they're following DILL'S old man rules about what is and isn't allowed.? 

Well, yeah maybe.. I think they're following their own and he likes it and its his company and team so that seems ok really.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »
yeah because skate kids never ever followed trends until now....

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you must be from philly.  out of any NHL greats, you picked Eric Lindros?  wow.  dude was amazing, but i would think most people would go for Gretzky when talking about hockey greats, or Gordie Howe or Bobby Orr or fuck, even Eruzione would work.  Dude scored the winning goal in the Miracle on Ice, 1980!!!

I may be biased here, but in his prime, he was great, and would have been one of the true greats if he knew how to keep his head up. He figured since he was 6'4 235 lbs he didn't have to, but he learned real quick that that wasn't the case. I still believe the Forsberg/Lindros trade after the draft was one of the biggest mistakes the Flyers ever made. Forsberg > Lindros 4 ever.
hockey rant over

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
yeah because skate kids never ever followed trends until now....
Yeah I was always cutting edge and ahead of the curve. (This is sarcasm in case you didn't work that out)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

the kid just looks like he's having fun cruising around and doing fairly basic tricks. reminds me of what Tincan Folklore was all about

Yeah but I could get that out of a local video. Support your scene instead of some jackasses making a dime off you.

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #353 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
You realize you full grown adults are talking shit about a 15 year old

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #354 on: February 19, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
You realize you full grown adults are talking shit about a 15 year old

and you realize he's a 15 year old thats marketing skateboards toward fully grown adults

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: February 19, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
and let's not forget about the fully grown adult pro skateboarders that act like 15 yr. olds. 

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
when mike mo was 15 he was better than all these kids combined

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I may be biased here, but in his prime, he was great, and would have been one of the true greats if he knew how to keep his head up. He figured since he was 6'4 235 lbs he didn't have to, but he learned real quick that that wasn't the case. I still believe the Forsberg/Lindros trade after the draft was one of the biggest mistakes the Flyers ever made. Forsberg > Lindros 4 ever.
hockey rant over

I picked lindros for a reason.  Everyone knows Wayne Gretzky.  Even people who have never watched a hockey game in their life know Gretzky.  Only skaters have any idea who Dennis is.  Just like anyone who knows hockey, knows lindros is one of the greats, anyone who knows skating knows that dennis is one of the greats.  I could have used Jager or Messier to prove the point but dennis' agressive badass style and indifference to the politics of skating made lindros seem like the best choice.  although if you really want to get down to it Mike V. is probably the eric lindros of skateboarding.

PS Forsberg was overrated.  the team made him seem better than he really was. BOOM! I SAID IT!

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »
i, for one, applaud the analogy.  And totally get why you used Lindros.  Anyone can say Wayne Gretzky, or Tony Hawk or Jordan or Alex Rodriguez or "best dude at whatever it is they want people to think they're knowledgeable about".  I was kind of psyched, that was why I commented.  It just took me so off guard in here.  "Did he just say ERIC LINDROS?!?!?".  I'm guessing you're....about 34.

And for the record, Dennis grew up in the midwest, i'm pretty sure bombing hills was a rarity.  which is even nuttier.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2014, 05:24:57 PM »
i, for one, applaud the analogy.  And totally get why you used Lindros.  Anyone can say Wayne Gretzky, or Tony Hawk or Jordan or Alex Rodriguez or "best dude at whatever it is they want people to think they're knowledgeable about".  I was kind of psyched, that was why I commented.  It just took me so off guard in here.  "Did he just say ERIC LINDROS?!?!?".  I'm guessing you're....about 34.

And for the record, Dennis grew up in the midwest, i'm pretty sure bombing hills was a rarity.  which is even nuttier.

27 but i grew up with an older brother who is now a well respected hockey coach