Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239728 times)

mfkream

Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2014, 10:43:15 PM »
Could someone with way more free time than me re-edit the video into standard parts? I feel like seeing it that way would be sick.

God your need to have everything all lined up and neat is so pathetic.

One thing I'm noticing on my second watch is that all the things that could've gotten annoying were used very sparingly. Like Dill is hilarious cause he's only got a couple things. That line about "What, you tried rollerblading and that was too cool for you so you got a razor scooter?" was great.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2014, 10:44:04 PM »
Just downloaded it..  Nakel is so sick, dude just goes for it. Sheffey 2.0.  That would also make Tyshawn, Lavar 2.0.  Kev is super good too.  Sage really surprised me, seems like he's only getting better too...   Seems like a nice guy, but that might be the fact he looks like Drake...  If Drake grew up in the 80s and chilled with Morris Day and Jerome from Purple Rain.. Sean Pablo needs to get his own groove though.  Kind of hard to tell the difference between him and the other kids..  Just because the #fit is #dope doesn't not give you the right to do mediocre trendy tricks..  I know way better sk8rbois out here dying to have the opportunity he his exposure..  Its really all about who you know nowadays anyway, he might be a chill dude though too..  Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Douglas BubbleTrousers..  BLACK GIRL STEP-HOP IMPOSSIBLE FTW.  Ben Kadow tricks!  Nice!  Quatersnacks dude Ty Lyons in there too!  Mark's goof off tricks were awesome too.  Kind of weird Bill stole two songs from well-known internet videos.. The "older homey section" is insane.  BA's hat falls of..  Just keeps going.  For a guy that used to smoke crack on the regs, Paulo Riaz still got it.  I must say, Dylan is a total hunk.  I liked this part better than his Gravis part as well, thats just me tho.  He's like skateboarding's last action hero.  I got to say though, Alex's freak out was a bit prima-dona...  I mean, did you really have to grab dude's camera shit?  As a fellow photographer, I am appalled..  Looked like an expensive one too..  I try to like that guy, but he's been hitting the kook bong a little too hard lately..  Listening to Dill talk almost ruined his skating for me..  Raekwon saves the day yet again.  SOMEONE MAKE A GIF OF DILL SLAPPING HIMSELF.  Last two montage were the best..  Really just can't get over how pretentious most of these guys are though..  I mean..  Its skateboarding..  Not some art-house project produced by Gus Van Sant. Less huge egos..

silkyjohnson

« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
Hoping the lack of dill/ave footy means they're saving their heavier stuff for the Vans video

macgruber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »
I ordered it so I can watch it on my roommate's enormous television for a one man premiere that will be followed by an afterparty of several tall cans and self defile

Laban Fetus

« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »
I agree that Sean Pablo didn't have much in there that impressed me. 5-0 slasher at the Lennie Kirk spot was an exception. Aidan is like the revenge of Billy Waldman. Nakel did some incredibly gnarly stuff and just charged everything. the Gonz lipstick thing was great. Love or hate it the art/personality stuff makes this thing what it is

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2014, 10:55:51 PM »
This is why I love Slap. Didn't even get a chance to go tot he premiere in SF and now get to watch it at the comfort of my own apartment. And I am still buying it later.....so win win for everyone.

Props you ya'll for the hook up. Had a bad night until now.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »
2014: Trunk boys V.s. Swag boys

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »
Just downloaded it..  Nakel is so sick, dude just goes for it. Sheffey 2.0.  That would also make Tyshawn, Lavar 2.0.  Kev is super good too.  Sage really surprised me, seems like he's only getting better too...   Seems like a nice guy, but that might be the fact he looks like Drake...  If Drake grew up in the 80s and chilled with Morris Day and Jerome from Purple Rain.. Sean Pablo needs to get his own groove though.  Kind of hard to tell the difference between him and the other kids..  Just because the #fit is #dope doesn't not give you the right to do mediocre trendy tricks..  I know way better sk8rbois out here dying to have the opportunity he his exposure..  Its really all about who you know nowadays anyway, he might be a chill dude though too..  Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Douglas BubbleTrousers..  BLACK GIRL STEP-HOP IMPOSSIBLE FTW.  Ben Kadow tricks!  Nice!  Quatersnacks dude Ty Lyons in there too!  Mark's goof off tricks were awesome too.  Kind of weird Bill stole two songs from well-known internet videos.. The "older homey section" is insane.  BA's hat falls of..  Just keeps going.  For a guy that used to smoke crack on the regs, Paulo Riaz still got it.  I must say, Dylan is a total hunk.  I liked this part better than his Gravis part as well, thats just me tho.  He's like skateboarding's last action hero.  I got to say though, Alex's freak out was a bit prima-dona...  I mean, did you really have to grab dude's camera shit?  As a fellow photographer, I am appalled..  Looked like an expensive one too..  I try to like that guy, but he's been hitting the kook bong a little too hard lately..  Listening to Dill talk almost ruined his skating for me..  Raekwon saves the day yet again.  SOMEONE MAKE A GIF OF DILL SLAPPING HIMSELF.  Last two montage were the best..  Really just can't get over how pretentious most of these guys are though..  I mean..  Its skateboarding..  Not some art-house project produced by Gus Van Sant. Less huge egos..

Total faget here^

Doesn't get skateboarding.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
it wasn't really as "artsy" as i thought it would be other than that shit with those girls kissing that wall

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
That was better than i expected. Dylan is a serious power house. Lil FA kids are pretty gnarly, they make NY skating more gnarly than the traditional simplistic NY skating everyone is use to doing. Was surprised dill had more footage than Pops. BA had some pretty stand out tricks in there too.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »
That made me really want to go skating. As someone else said, it was awesome that we didn't have to wait through 3 years of tedious advertising to see this. It's also the perfect length to watch before a skate - not too long.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2014, 11:20:55 PM »
That made me really want to go skating. As someone else said, it was awesome that we didn't have to wait through 3 years of tedious advertising to see this. It's also the perfect length to watch before a skate - not too long.

This x1000

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2014, 11:25:14 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2014, 11:26:16 PM »
Most no-complies in history?

It was pretty good. The ex-Cliche kid is really good (is he really 13?), gnarly little bastard. He has a really mature style... Dylan is ripping.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
damn that was actually way better than i had expected.. knew it'd be good but was definitly expecting more "urban trendy" skating, i was pleasantly surprised. The courthouse section was awsome they fucked that thing up, BA's hurricane line was super proper, all the FA kids were awsome even tho i still can't really tell them apart haha but impressive for sure the one with the afro does some good hardflips an the ex-cliche kid's kickflip near the end was nuts.. lots of good other stuff but can't quite remember right now.. everything dylan did was mindreak, he's looking better than ever on the board, such solid landings and popped tricks god damn! He was skating so good that it looked like AO was trying hard to keep up, but he also had some dope shit i liked the wallie to bs 180 on the barriers, i remember not really being able to understand that photo in thrasher, was good to see the footy. Pops really let me down tho c'mon man three tricks that weren't even really tricks (might get some hate for that but i was expecting atleast a ledge or flip trick from him) i thought this was gonna be his comeback part or chance to show that he's stil worthy, who knows.. Dill's shit was impressive as well he still has one of the best back 3's out, dunno what he was doin with his hands after his last trick tho looked funny... anyways enough ranting, like i said, video was better than i thought, i'll probably buy it on itunes or jus save the youtube link to my computer hah... fuck i wanna skate.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #945 on: March 20, 2014, 11:53:33 PM »
damn that was actually way better than i had expected.. knew it'd be good but was definitly expecting more "urban trendy" skating, i was pleasantly surprised. The courthouse section was awsome they fucked that thing up, BA's hurricane line was super proper, all the FA kids were awsome even tho i still can't really tell them apart haha but impressive for sure the one with the afro does some good hardflips an the ex-cliche kid's kickflip near the end was nuts.. lots of good other stuff but can't quite remember right now.. everything dylan did was mindreak, he's looking better than ever on the board, such solid landings and popped tricks god damn! He was skating so good that it looked like AO was trying hard to keep up, but he also had some dope shit i liked the wallie to bs 180 on the barriers, i remember not really being able to understand that photo in thrasher, was good to see the footy. Pops really let me down tho c'mon man three tricks that weren't even really tricks (might get some hate for that but i was expecting atleast a ledge or flip trick from him) i thought this was gonna be his comeback part or chance to show that he's stil worthy, who knows.. Dill's shit was impressive as well he still has one of the best back 3's out, dunno what he was doin with his hands after his last trick tho looked funny... anyways enough ranting, like i said, video was better than i thought, i'll probably buy it on itunes or jus save the youtube link to my computer hah... fuck i wanna skate.

:o was thinking the same

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #946 on: March 20, 2014, 11:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Total faget here^

Doesn't get skateboarding.
lmao totally guy

« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »

Trunk boyz are cornball compared to these brus, nothing but a marketing scheme by a dying brand.  

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »
Man....just finished the video. I have tons of respect now for FA now. Those kids are fucking good. Oddly I liked everything but the Raekwon music cause it totally didn't fit to the skating until Group Home came on.

That last scene with that dude saying "Respect the youth".....who was that?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2014, 12:10:48 AM »
Man....just finished the video. I have tons of respect now for FA now. Those kids are fucking good. Oddly I liked everything but the Raekwon music cause it totally didn't fit to the skating until Group Home came on.

That last scene with that dude saying "Respect the youth".....who was that?

^^ Harry Jumonji

and yeah, totally agree with you about the FA kids. Didn't know what to expect, but holy shit was i impressed. Sean Pablo though, not completely sold on him. Definitely the weakest link of the bunch. 

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #950 on: March 21, 2014, 12:27:56 AM »
i liked the skating, hated the hipster bullshit. glad i didnt pay for this. fat bill seems like a self indulgent piece of shit.

MaS

• Rep: -7
« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2014, 12:36:37 AM »
I hated billet roebuck and the entire FA scene but now I,m totally diggin it. I'm also high ass fuck and don't really have a grasp on reality either.   But it seems fresh.  DYLAN is a fucking beast.   Olson is bitch.  But rips. Diggin all this shit tho.  Still can't touch modis operandi. Fuck everything. 

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #952 on: March 21, 2014, 12:50:40 AM »
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict. pops is only a few steps removed from that guy.

guy mariano and omar salazar surprise. that was pretty cool.

i think paulo diaz surprisingly had some of the best "new" tricks in there. felt like a really cool throwback without feeling forced. so many kids are going to be half flipping their boards now. also that no grab airwalk was siiiick. that was a smart addition on strobecks part.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but he has like 15 tricks total, i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

if antuwan was in this you guys would all be crying about how supreme was exploiting him for the money, but since its young black kids you guys are cool? i dont get how that works.

tyshawn is fucking great, lots of good tricks, dude really went for it. it sucks he didnt have a real part though. the lifestyle stuff reminds me of knox gadoy, dudes definitely going to be huge. hes got the skating and the personality.

honestly aside from tyshawn the rest of them are pretty underwhelming. for how hyped they are, i was expecting some mindblowing shit.

but whoever did the lipslide with the two benches on each side, that was sick.

also sean pablo looks like he's forcing his style hard.

dill and ave were sick, nothing too crazy but it was solid stuff, i guess theyre saving the heavy stuff for the vans video?

music was good. janes addiction and INXS were a nice touch. the video seemed like chickenbonenowison but in HD and with way more pretense. beagle and reynolds should get a shout out or something.

the video was good but not really what i was expecting at all. didn't like how it was in montages. makes it hard to rewatch this video in pieces but i suppose that might be what he wanted?

i get where the hype is coming from but with the amount of sameness in this video im surprised you guys are so hyped on it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:00:59 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

soccer mom

« Reply #953 on: March 21, 2014, 12:51:48 AM »
AO is not trying to keep up w anybody. He's doin his own damn thing skating and on any other wise. Props everybody killed it

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #954 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:04 AM »
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. too many good tricks to name and none of it was cliched or anything. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict.

i think paulo diaz surprisingly had some of the best "new" tricks in there. felt like a really cool throwback without feeling forced. so many kids are going to be half flipping their boards now. also that no grab airwalk was siiiick. that was a smart addition on strobecks part.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, he has like 15 tricks total, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

if antuwan was in this you guys would all be crying about how supreme was exploiting him for the money, but since its young black kids you guys are cool? i dont get how that works.

tyshawn is fucking great, lots of good tricks, dude really went for it. it sucks he didnt have a real part though. the lifestyle stuff reminds me of knox gadoy, dudes definitely going to be huge. hes got the skating and the personality.

honestly aside from tyshawn the rest of them are pretty underwhelming. for how hyped they are, i was expecting some mindblowing shit.

dill and ave were sick, nothing too crazy but it was solid stuff, i guess theyre saving the heavy stuff for the vans video?

music was good. janes addiction and INXS were a nice touch. the video seemed like chickenbonenowison but in HD and with way more pretense. beagle and reynolds should get a shout out or something.

the video was good but not really what i was expecting at all. didn't like how it was in montages. makes it hard to rewatch this video in pieces but i suppose that might be what he wanted?

i get where the hype is coming from but with the amount of sameness in this video im surprised you guys are so hyped on it.

Almost every Nakel Smith trick was a banger (especially Gap back feeble at the Williamsburg Monument) if anything he might be the most developed out of that whole young crew (he looks the oldest though) i had a feeling people were gonna overlook his footy, and i dunno if you realize how big that kickflip Kevin Bradley did towards the end was...surprised no one back tailed the Amsterdam rail in Harlem before this video....Furthermore i disagree i think Tyshawn was the video MVP besides the tricks he just seemed like the face for the vid, Dylan's stuff was amazing though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:10:55 AM by Tarela »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #955 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:44 AM »
AO is not trying to keep up w anybody. He's doin his own damn thing skating and on any other wise. Props everybody killed it

Im just saying, having both of them mashed together in a montage and having them both skating similar shit as far as tricks over picnic tables and massive popped tricks Dylan came out on top and over shined everything AO was doing IMO.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #956 on: March 21, 2014, 01:11:52 AM »

2014: Baggy Dickies vs. Highwater Dickies

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #957 on: March 21, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »
I liked it

« Reply #958 on: March 21, 2014, 01:22:02 AM »
dylans definitely the MVP of the video. dude just redrum'd some spots. the only other guy to do anything up that gap is westgate. you know you're in good company if you can say that.

pappalardo seemed like an asshole with the way he was talking to that crack addict. pops is only a few steps removed from that guy.

alex's metal wallride couldve been really sick but strobeck keeps moving around. its a setpiece spot, keep the fucking camera in one place so its easier to enjoy the trick. wtf was that? the trick on the ping pong table also seemed really sick but its too bad i cant really see it. and then the massive barrier ollie. is he shaking the camera around on purpose? i dont get it. hes a good filmer. i dont know why i have such high expectations of alex everytime hes in a video, and it leads to massive disappointment everytime i see him skate on film. everything was sick but he has like 15 tricks total, i thought he was going to have a ton of shit like dylan did.

I'm not surprised you're not.

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #959 on: March 21, 2014, 01:47:30 AM »
hahaha the shermanator from american pie