Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239709 times)

BRO

Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1200 on: March 22, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »
I thought it was good.  To each their own.

Tufty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1201 on: March 23, 2014, 02:26:21 AM »
Anyone else feeling weird that a grown man like Bill Strobeck had to film little kids being stupid? All i know is that when i skate and little kids are fighting near me i always split em up and i dont film them.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1202 on: March 23, 2014, 02:28:59 AM »
all dylan's stuff in the vid together

So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1203 on: March 23, 2014, 03:39:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hipster runoff is one of the best posters on this site. A real critical look at what's actually going on without the bias of opinions or ignorance.
[close]

Agreed. I thought he made some valid points and his entire post was a really interesting read, IMO.
[close]

I thought that post was 10x more contrived and pretentious than the video.

You are thinking way too linearly. I liked the video, but I always like reading varying opinions and viewpoints. Different viewpoints and ideas are always of interest to me and I thought Hipster Runoff had an interesting take and an opinion that was his own...not toeing any company line or groupthink.

Koston's tricks got me the most hyped. Same with Guy. Paulo's ollie to hang ten on the picnic table REALLY got me psyched. He did it so fast and smooth, I was thinking 'wtf just happened??'

foureyedjim

« Reply #1204 on: March 23, 2014, 03:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hipster runoff is one of the best posters on this site. A real critical look at what's actually going on without the bias of opinions or ignorance.
[close]

Agreed. I thought he made some valid points and his entire post was a really interesting read, IMO.
[close]

I thought that post was 10x more contrived and pretentious than the video.
[close]

You are thinking way too linearly. I liked the video, but I always like reading varying opinions and viewpoints. Different viewpoints and ideas are always of interest to me and I thought Hipster Runoff had an interesting take and an opinion that was his own...not toeing any company line or groupthink.

Koston's tricks got me the most hyped. Same with Guy. Paulo's ollie to hang ten on the picnic table REALLY got me psyched. He did it so fast and smooth, I was thinking 'wtf just happened??'

It was cool seeing Paulo skating those tables again, don't remember him doing so many tic tacs before though  :-\

kevinskoners

« Reply #1205 on: March 23, 2014, 03:56:55 AM »
whole video felt just exactly like all those previous clips Strobeck been putting out, but here we had a bunch of them.
kids did do over exaggerate a bit with those highwaters, but that's just how kids are.
i really liked that Gonz and Dill session where nothing was landed and boards got thrown, i can identify with that.
also Gonz had a back tail on a ledge, it's been a while since I've seen one of those from him, I wish Pappalardo would do the same, but sadly he likes his boardslides and ride on 50-50's.
Koston came through with couple nice tricks, especially that nollie halfcab nosegrind back to forward on that bank to ledge everyone was sessioning.
Alex Olson pulled Koston on his footage, because after that bag incident he looked angry in all the rest footage he had, just like Koston in his yeah right part after 'where is my wallet' scene.

it was a good watch and this video has a potential to become huge in pedophile circles.

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #1206 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
these kids are skating nyc streets and having fun as a crew while you guys argue about how they dress and what tricks they do on an internet forum. they win, you lose.
[close]

THIS

[close]

Yea exactly.
And people complain about hipster bullshit...they watched the Supreme video...what did they expect to see, Dave Bachisky's cap?
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #1207 on: March 23, 2014, 04:25:54 AM »

Where the hell was this stuff? The nollie that Paulo did over that bar was ape as fuck!

I can only imagine how bummed you were when you watched this video and realised it wasn't a pops comeback part

bricards1

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1208 on: March 23, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »
great vid

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1209 on: March 23, 2014, 06:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Where the hell was this stuff? The nollie that Paulo did over that bar was ape as fuck!

[close]

I can only imagine how bummed you were when you watched this video and realised it wasn't a pops comeback part

I may be wrong, but didn't Pops claim he was having an internet part come out. Didn't I read that in one of his interviews last year?

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1210 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I thought Pops was gonna have decent footy based on IG photos. I even remember someone on here saying they saw him filming a line. How can someone get so much worse at skating at a relatively young age?
[close]
You know when Gonz is going harder than you at 45 that you need to step it up. It's not surprising that the most influential skater of all time can still throw down though. Did anyone see that backtail on a ledge he does towards the end super nonchalantly?

thought i was the only one who noticed it.

GONZ DOES A BACKTAIL IN THIS VIDEO, in case someone didn't notice

bricards1

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1211 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
 :( :(

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

« Reply #1212 on: March 23, 2014, 07:34:56 AM »
watched it before i went skating the other day. it was aight

shark tits

« Reply #1213 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought Pops was gonna have decent footy based on IG photos. I even remember someone on here saying they saw him filming a line. How can someone get so much worse at skating at a relatively young age?
[close]
You know when Gonz is going harder than you at 45 that you need to step it up. It's not surprising that the most influential skater of all time can still throw down though. Did anyone see that backtail on a ledge he does towards the end super nonchalantly?
[close]

thought i was the only one who noticed it.

GONZ DOES A BACKTAIL IN THIS VIDEO, in case someone didn't notice
pretty sure that was nate jones dressed as gonz

Wayne Regretzky

« Reply #1214 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:29 AM »
Damn, I was in Rehab with black chick that showed her titties.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #1215 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
Damn, I was in Rehab with black chick that showed her titties.
Hard.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #1216 on: March 23, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Paulo Diaz looks like he has been on a binge for 20 years, loved his skating, but man I hope he gets clean!!

[close]

what are you talking about
[close]

He looked haggard!

you've aobviously never seen someone who's on drugs.  the man's whacky, not an addict

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1217 on: March 23, 2014, 09:44:33 AM »
I see that Mike Carroll was listed in the credits, but I didn't notice him. Where was he at?

Also no Jake Johnson or Austyn Gillete? I thought they were boys with Strobeck.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1218 on: March 23, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
well managed to get an uncharacteriscally long answer out of alex. doesn't justify it, almost makes it worse that the dude said let me die in peace, but maybe he was just being dramatic.

http://olsonstuff.tumblr.com/post/80469986414/can-you-explain-why-you-knocked-that-guys-bag-did-he

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1219 on: March 23, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »
I see that Mike Carroll was listed in the credits, but I didn't notice him. Where was he at?

Also no Jake Johnson or Austyn Gillete? I thought they were boys with Strobeck.

He was in a shot at 16:56, but I don't think he was skating any after that though.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1220 on: March 23, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
I wonder how many people who follow Alex actually skate?  maybe 30%  ???

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1221 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:14 AM »
well managed to get an uncharacteriscally long answer out of alex. doesn't justify it, almost makes it worse that the dude said let me die in peace, but maybe he was just being dramatic.

"Here, the guy sat down I went over and asked simply if he could please move over a few feet. He said ?let me die in piece??. Seemed weird, but I asked him again ? look, I?m just trying to try and film something. this is my job,it would really help if you could Please move over?. The man doesn?t even acknowledges me and just keeps
Smoking. I had to walk away, this was so Annoying and frustrating, I think bill even was getting pissed that his dude was being an asshole cause he could.
So I?m back at the run up and bill waves at me signaling that he moved. I go up
To see where and he move less then a foot. That?s when I said no more?You?re gonna be a fucking asshole, I?ll be asshole too? I ripped he?s bag, like what you see in the footage. After that I was embarrassed at my action and told bill we needed to leave.
Bill, was like ?he moved!? Let?s
Get this trick and I could even focus on anything. So,We left skating down the westside, skating down and six cop car pull up from every street ? GET UP ON THE WALL!? They took our id?s asked a bunch of questions and told them what happen. No one punch anyone there wasn?t a fight but people had phone in the cops saying that there was. At the end of everything, nothing happen. they let us go and another fight broke out down the street so they had to stop that. We had to run after the cops cause they still Had our id?s and it took us six blocks of running after these cops and they just threw them at us and kept going.
I?m not happy i did, but people have done a lot worst and it?s funny that it?s on film but I shouldn?t of let it get to that point."
does AO even english?

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1222 on: March 23, 2014, 10:41:28 AM »
Expand Quote

"Here, the guy sat down I went over and asked simply if he could please move over a few feet. He said ?let me die in piece??. Seemed weird, but I asked him again ? look, I?m just trying to try and film something. this is my job,it would really help if you could Please move over?. The man doesn?t even acknowledges me and just keeps
Smoking. I had to walk away, this was so Annoying and frustrating, I think bill even was getting pissed that his dude was being an asshole cause he could.
To see where and he move less then a foot. That?s when I said no more?You?re gonna be a fucking asshole, I?ll be asshole too? I ripped he?s bag, like what you see in the footage. After that I was embarrassed at my action and told bill we needed to leave.
Get this trick and I could even focus on anything. So,We left skating down the westside, skating down and six cop car pull up from every street ? GET UP ON THE WALL!? They took our id?s asked a bunch of questions and told them what happen. No one punch anyone there wasn?t a fight but people had phone in the cops saying that there was. At the end of everything, nothing happen. they let us go and another fight broke out down the street so they had to stop that. We had to run after the cops cause they still Had our id?s and it took us six blocks of running after these cops and they just threw them at us and kept going.
I?m not happy i did, but people have done a lot worst and it?s funny that it?s on film but I shouldn?t of let it get to that point."
[close]
does AO even english?

I have literally no idea how people can respect AO
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1223 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

I have literally no idea how people can respect AO
I don't think the guy really went to school, it is what it is

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #1224 on: March 23, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »
all dylan's stuff in the vid together

Thanks dude.

silentkid

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1225 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
seriously though, even if there is a backstory to those scenes of pops making fun of that crack addict, of the kids fighting and of AO attacking the old man it still bums me out that bill felt like that shit should be in the video. just makes me feel like he thinks stuff like that is cool and it's an incentive to kids behaving like that

Ollie Ringwald

« Reply #1226 on: March 23, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »
seriously though, even if there is a backstory to those scenes of pops making fun of that crack addict, of the kids fighting and of AO attacking the old man it still bums me out that bill felt like that shit should be in the video. just makes me feel like he thinks stuff like that is cool and it's an incentive to kids behaving like that

You should probably avoid Virtual Reality, the FTC video and a lot of other classic videos then.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1227 on: March 23, 2014, 11:53:37 AM »
Isnt it ironic that we always long for more grit and less Mike Taylors shiny teeth in skateboarding, but when we finally get it we are somehow offended. People like Andy Roy is deemed cool, and I am sure he is a worse human being than any of the people in this video?

I am all for the weirdness in this video, but I still dont like fighting, never have.

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #1228 on: March 23, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should probably avoid Virtual Reality, the FTC video and a lot of other classic videos then.

We are living in a different era with a lot more exposure compared to those vhs tapes with very limited audiences. More kids are going to see this type of behavior and that is a negative thing.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1229 on: March 23, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

We are living in a different era with a lot more exposure compared to those vhs tapes with very limited audiences. More kids are going to see this type of behavior and that is a negative thing.

Shut up you moral fag.  Fuck.  You sound like Nancy Grace.