Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239729 times)

kamltoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1320 on: March 25, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
Expand Quote
why are people hating on Pops? do people really believe he was trying? clearly he just fucked around and Will put a few clips in. its basically a homie video and maybe Pops is working on something else. 
[close]

I want to see new Pops footage like the next guy but why would he even let Strobeck put that shitty footage in the video? Especially when everyone else at least gave some sort of effort to put out good stuff. SJ has been retired for years/sits behind a desk designing shoes and comes out with solid footy. I just don't get it anymore.

yeah but if he was going hard and is just saving his footy for a strobeck welcome back to choc part, it would make sense to you right? ::)

let the man do his thing. he's on a board, seems healthy and is hanging with his friends and having some fun. i call that a good foundation for anything you want to do in life.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1321 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
why are people hating on Pops? do people really believe he was trying? clearly he just fucked around and Will put a few clips in. its basically a homie video and maybe Pops is working on something else.�
[close]

I want to see new Pops footage like the next guy but why would he even let Strobeck put that shitty footage in the video? Especially when everyone else at least gave some sort of effort to put out good stuff. SJ has been retired for years/sits behind a desk designing shoes and comes out with solid footy. I just don't get it anymore.

I'm honestly starting to think it's now a sadistic contest among filmers to see who can get the sorriest footage of Pops. Anyone pointing a camera at the guy is pretty much doing him a disservice at this point.

Hatechild

« Reply #1322 on: March 25, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why are people hating on Pops? do people really believe he was trying? clearly he just fucked around and Will put a few clips in. its basically a homie video and maybe Pops is working on something else. 
[close]

[close]

yeah but if he was going hard and is just saving his footy for a strobeck welcome back to choc part, it would make sense to you right? ::)

let the man do his thing. he's on a board, seems healthy and is hanging with his friends and having some fun. i call that a good foundation for anything you want to do in life.

k

We can only dream he's filming a legit part at this point. I truly wish him the best but I think I speak for allot of skaters when I say I'm disappointed in his Cherry clips.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1323 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

k
[close]

We can only dream he's filming a legit part at this point. I truly wish him the best but I think I speak for allot of skaters when I say I'm disappointed in his Cherry clips.

Antwuan getting SOTY is much more likely than a legit Pops video part at this point.

shark tits

« Reply #1324 on: March 25, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
why are people hating on Pops? do people really believe he was trying? clearly he just fucked around and Will put a few clips in. its basically a homie video and maybe Pops is working on something else.�
[close]

[close]

I'm honestly starting to think it's now a sadistic contest among filmers to see who can get the sorriest footage of Pops. Anyone pointing a camera at the guy is pretty much doing him a disservice at this point.
dinner w/ schmucks. i still love you pops, you're not a schmuck to me. on that tangent, dinner w/ wenning should be a wkly show on IFC.

LDJ

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1325 on: March 25, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Much better than I expected.

I bet you they all really love Palace...

Especially Fat Bill...
[close]

Really the whole video, but the last two songs especially reminded me of Palace
[close]

One of the songs (Gang Gang Dance's "Vacuum"), is a direct port from Gangbangin' At Ground Zero.

Your telling me that Mr. Strobeck either hasn't seen the aforementioned Palace tape or couldn't find something else?

Suspect I say, suspect.

I had to get at least one gripe in over a "Supreme" video..
[close]

You know that Strobeck and Dill are connected to Gang Gang Dance right? There's his Tws section featuring the guitarist and there was even a workshop board collaboration between them

Since Lucien Clarke ( You know he rides for Palace right? ) had a few clips in the Gang Gang Dance section, I'm pretty sure Bill knew what he was doing. Again, the level of retardation on here still surprises me at times.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1326 on: March 25, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

k
[close]

I think I speak for allot of skaters

KEK.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #1327 on: March 25, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »
hehe i can just imagine if there was a photo of him and then it would keep getitng closer to

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1328 on: March 25, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
I definitely think Pops is filming for something else. As far as the tricks in "Cherry" go, I feel like along with rest of the Supreme guys, he has adopted the attitude of skating how he wants and not caring. Strobeck probably knows this being good friends with Pops and is filming what he sees as a whole hearted trick from Pappalardo. I also think that with what happened at the end of 2012 with Converse, or whatever happened has a lot to do with whatever Pops is or isn't able to contribute on a camera. But skating and being involved with a project like "Cherry" is definitely productive and an honest attempt to be a part of something. Just because a small role is played in a big movie or production does not mean that it is not significant. Who am I to say that what was filmed by Pops is not worthy? I was so happy to see him in a big production, knowing that a lot of the most relevant skateboarders who I really enjoy watching have his back and are skating with him.

Now I await the backlash from some of the fellow SLAP posters?.

Hatechild

« Reply #1329 on: March 25, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

k
[close]

[close]

KEK.

DINK.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #1330 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
I definitely think Pops is filming for something else. As far as the tricks in "Cherry" go, I feel like along with rest of the Supreme guys, he has adopted the attitude of skating how he wants and not caring. Strobeck probably knows this being good friends with Pops and is filming what he sees as a whole hearted trick from Pappalardo. I also think that with what happened at the end of 2012 with Converse, or whatever happened has a lot to do with whatever Pops is or isn't able to contribute on a camera. But skating and being involved with a project like "Cherry" is definitely productive and an honest attempt to be a part of something. Just because a small role is played in a big movie or production does not mean that it is not significant. Who am I to say that what was filmed by Pops is not worthy? I was so happy to see him in a big production, knowing that a lot of the most relevant skateboarders who I really enjoy watching have his back and are skating with him.

I see what you are trying to say but it's a bad look when the LA store manager has a better trick than you in the video.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:55:53 PM by Style Police »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #1331 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:21:13 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

4wheels

« Reply #1332 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
what does pops do to stay alive? does he have a job or anything

shark tits

« Reply #1333 on: March 25, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
what does pops do to stay alive? does he have a job or anything
he scraps metal to eat

raider

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1334 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »
didn't Pops just recently post on ig him with Federico, Ishod and Cory Kennedy?  Im sure Federico isn't filming slappys in HD.  Pops is putting in work

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1335 on: March 25, 2014, 08:59:42 PM »
Pops is a masochist.

42mm

• Rep: -5
  • no shame in my game
« Reply #1336 on: March 25, 2014, 09:36:14 PM »
I loved the video, but wished there was some more Mark Gonzales footage.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #1337 on: March 26, 2014, 12:07:30 AM »
Atleast he (Pops) was in it, that's more of him than seen in Pretty Sweet which was not at all, and just one trick in Records and him for a second in Bronze 56K. Funny i enjoyed the Koston/BA/Guy footy in Cherry slightly more than in Pretty Sweet too.

Harem

« Reply #1338 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:49 AM »
Really enjoyed the video. The montage with the Cure song was fantastic., was surprised this song had not been used before. Did anyone hope that Anderson's line end up with a Sw Tre?

Pops was here in Melbourne for two weeks with Gino & Federico. I don't think Pops is forking out for his own return ticket to Australia.

shark tits

« Reply #1339 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:05 AM »
Really enjoyed the video. The montage with the Cure song was fantastic., was surprised this song had not been used before. Did anyone hope that Anderson's line end up with a Sw Tre?

Pops was here in Melbourne for two weeks with Gino & Federico. I don't think Pops is forking out for his own return ticket to Australia.
didn't his line start w/ a switch tre?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #1340 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »
BA's tailslide was the best

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1341 on: March 26, 2014, 09:23:25 AM »
I loved the video, but wished there was some more less Mark Gonzales footage.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1342 on: March 26, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
Can we just change the title so this is another Pappalardo thread now?

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1343 on: March 26, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
didn't his line start w/ a switch tre?

nollie fs flip, switch 360 flip, half-cab, bs hurricane, no-comply, switch flip

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1344 on: March 26, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »
CHERRY WAS RAD ENOUGH SAID YOU BLOCKHEADS

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1345 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:40 PM »

Blockhead is a great brand.

shark tits

« Reply #1346 on: March 26, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my first board was a blockhead in 92. i got heckled for that and months later for my new school everslicks' bridgebolts and my cut off airwalks. i've always been out of step but i learned how to slam on hills on that old blockhead.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1347 on: March 26, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »
This is one of those videos that gets better with each view. The soundtrack hits da groove.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

bradtheraddad

• Rep: 27
« Reply #1348 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
my first board was a blockhead in 92. i got heckled for that and months later for my new school everslicks' bridgebolts and my cut off airwalks. i've always been out of step but i learned how to slam on hills on that old blockhead.

Jason Dill rode for Blockhead

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305