Poll

final

lurkville
politic
heavy
isle
northern company

Author Topic: Slap's Board Buyer Club: VOTE OR DON'T  (Read 45646 times)

shark tits

Re: Slap's Board Buyer Club: VOTING PERIOD
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
Is Whale Cock still around? 
i wish. i think the whole team was dave carnie and morrissey. i would rewatch that video over and over like crimson and clover. pretty sure carnie was over skating and wanted to be a food critic but didn't succeed so ended up back writing about skating [tangentially].

chumlee

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
will the new Heavy series be out?
[close]

Yup, they should be in next week. Doing a few shaped boards, and a 8.62 this time around.
Looking forward to checking out the new line.  If you dont mind me asking, what's the length and wheelbase on a pennswood 8.62?

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
i cast my vote for passport.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2014, 10:00:47 PM »
When's the voting ending, 100 votes again? I voted for Hopps and even tho my scumco has lots of life left, it's really steep and I can probably afford to get a new deck soon. And would be down to. I'm not saying I don't like my scumco, I actually like it a lot and wouldn't mind having it as a backup, but I think i should have got the silver spoon concave.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

dillanharp

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
My loyalty lies with heavy wheels, sorry October.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »
When's the voting ending, 100 votes again? I voted for Hopps and even tho my scumco has lots of life left, it's really steep and I can probably afford to get a new deck soon. And would be down to. I'm not saying I don't like my scumco, I actually like it a lot and wouldn't mind having it as a backup, but I think i should have got the silver spoon concave.
Just 6 more votes and Im the same way i think as i get older i just get too picky about how my board should feel and even if its a board i like and it has life let i have no problem shelving it for a new one.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:18 AM »
So hopps wins! which i have to say i am really excited about cant wait to go pick one up.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
Here's a picture of the one I'm riding now from when I set it up a few weeks ago. It's 8.5 inches wide.

The boards are good, super strong and last a long time. On this particular board the concave is flat, but on the winged H board that I had before, it was pretty steep. So the concaves do vary from board to board.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2014, 01:23:18 PM »
Sweet. Voted Hopps, set up a new board 2 weeks ago but gonna pick up a Hopps sooner rather than later and set it up when I feel it's necessary.

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Here's a picture of the one I'm riding now from when I set it up a few weeks ago. It's 8.5 inches wide.

The boards are good, super strong and last a long time. On this particular board the concave is flat, but on the winged H board that I had before, it was pretty steep. So the concaves do vary from board to board.
[close]

Someone said on here (a while ago now) that Hopps use the flattest mold available from Chapman, but that must of changed.

I'm keen to see what they bring out next. This series is rad:

They vary the molds from series to series.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »
"At this time, we are only accepting orders from residents that live in the U.S.A."  :-\
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Someone said on here (a while ago now) that Hopps use the flattest mold available from Chapman, but that must of changed.

"At this time, we are only accepting orders from residents that live in the U.S.A."  :-\

if theres enough people asking for it i wouldnt be opposed to setting up a poll for the posters outside of the states for brands they can actually purchase if hopps isnt sold outside of america

I really wanted that board with ali on it

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

if theres enough people asking for it i wouldnt be opposed to setting up a poll for the posters outside of the states for brands they can actually purchase if hopps isnt sold outside of america

I had it a while ago. it was 8.3, Joel Meinholz board. It was the steeper concave.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I had it a while ago. it was 8.3, Joel Meinholz board. It was the steeper concave.

Ah that sucks thats to big for me these days

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
Where are you?

Conan

« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
Hopps has UK distribution so any euro people could order from over here.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:29 AM »
you can get Hopps from the Palomino in the UK

Conan

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
Would be good to see The national skateboard co, and Landscape added to the list for the next round.

Conan

« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2014, 08:06:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Would be good to see The national skateboard co, and Landscape added to the list for the next round.
[close]

To be fair, it'd be best to put out companies that the majority of the people on here could get without paying insane shipping costs.

Yeah I suppose you've got a point. Might be worth doing a euro list like someone suggested earlier.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Where are you?
Canada, Vancouver specifically. Hopps is apparently distributed by Ultimate over here, which sells to almost every skateshop, so hopefully it shoudn't be too difficult to get one.  I don't think anyone here regularly stocks Hopps decks though. I will be checking my local shop soon to see if anyone around here might have any, or if they might be able to work something into an order for me.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
Re: Slap's Board Buyer Club: HOPPS ROUND
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
So heres what i want to do moving forward in this chapter: I think we should have the chapter last 6 weeks and then start the next vote, for the vote instead of having it last for 100 votes we will have the vote last for 7 days giving hopps another week making it 7 weeks in total and then at midnight (eastern time) on that 7th vote day we will close the vote and start the next chapter or round. cool?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Slap's Board Buyer Club: HOPPS ROUND
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2014, 04:44:18 AM »
So heres what i want to do moving forward in this chapter: I think we should have the chapter last 6 weeks and then start the next vote, for the vote instead of having it last for 100 votes we will have the vote last for 7 days giving hopps another week making it 7 weeks in total and then at midnight (eastern time) on that 7th vote day we will close the vote and start the next chapter or round. cool?
Yeah sounds cool to me.

Conan

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2014, 10:32:52 AM »

This is a great Idea for the next round.

chumlee

Re: Slap's Board Buyer Club: HOPPS: The "Enjoy the Ride" chapter.
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2014, 08:42:26 PM »
I'm a big fan of Jahmal and all of his work, but unfortunately I don't like chapman wood.  Maybe ill buy a shirt or something and pretend im participating.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »
Anyone know when they are coming out with wider boards? Someone said a while back they where going to do a run with some "cruiser" style boards, would love to support.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2014, 11:02:17 PM »
I couldn't find anything under an 8 and was bummed.....

Got the barrier board set up and will have the dreamer of dreams one set up in a week.....I'm on a different pace than you dudes....

Park life....

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
I couldn't find anything under an 8 and was bummed.....

Got the barrier board set up and will have the dreamer of dreams one set up in a week.....I'm on a different pace than you dudes....

Park life....

some fowler boards are under 8 but ya good luck finding one. I like to ride an 8 but even those are hard to come by. you are lucky some of us are getting snow as i type this. I am so over new england weather  :-\

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
i remember someone on here talking about hopps releasing some new boards and new "lion concave"...anybody got anymore info on that? i been wanting to pick another one up soon.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2014, 06:03:49 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

This is a great Idea for the next round.
Good thinking. I can only find one stockist in the UK and they only have 8s.